Zappiti 4K HDR (Mini, One, Duo) Thread - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 532Likes

post #2611 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Hmm, I dunno. I had images for every episode. I am also still on 4.19.something.
You are the first person on the net I’ve seen report that capability with Zappiti in two years of following this.

Since it is apparently possible I’m going to contact them and find out what I’m doing wrong.
Keep in mind, I never saw if it worked. It showed all the episodes separately in each season, but I am not sure what would have happenes if I tried to play them. I only ever tried episodes from the last 2 seasons of GoT on the Zappiti and those 2 seasons I did have as mkv.

They were in bdmv structure before since I had a Dune which did full menus. I would think it would have brought up the basic menu (or just played the largest episode - depending on settings) but can't say.

I got a Shield a few weeks ago, and it had trouble scraping them, so I did re-rip other seasons to mkv (I only had 5 seasons of GoT and Firefly to do, so it wasn't too bad).

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafheide View Post
Yes - each episode must have a separate file - first episode (of series 1) is McMafia s01e01.iso (or your choice of extension), second episode is McMafia s01e02.iso - and so on. I know other players are more intelligent, but their movie wall is not as good - so I live with what is inconvenient for some.
Problem is not only that it is inconvenient but sometimes it is almost impossible to correctly identify single episodes on discs. Stargate Universe series one is a good example. In those circumstances, where I can’t identify individual episodes, I rip the whole disk to bdmv folders structure and it would be great if multiple posters were returned like ChldsPlay is saying is possible.

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Intel NUC6CAYH, Sony X700, Panasonic TX65GZ950B
5.1 Denon X7200WA, Focal Dome, LG OLED (E6V)
In both Setups "Virgin Tivo V6, Zappiti 4K HDR, FireTV Stick 4K, Harmony Elite"
post #2613 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Yes - each episode must have a separate file - first episode (of series 1) is McMafia s01e01.iso (or your choice of extension), second episode is McMafia s01e02.iso - and so on. I know other players are more intelligent, but their movie wall is not as good - so I live with what is inconvenient for some.
I don’t do a separate .iso for each episode. Each .iso has several episodes on it. I was just wondering what was the best way of naming the complete .iso to get the best information.
I used to do separate episodes with MKV files but wanted to move to a complete .iso file for convenience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2614 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
I don’t do a separate .iso for each episode. Each .iso has several episodes on it. I was just wondering what was the best way of naming the complete .iso to get the best information.
I used to do separate episodes with MKV files but wanted to move to a complete .iso file for convenience.
Most of my TV episodes, I have recorded from free to air HDTV, so I can save each in any format I chose (after removing ads).
Those that are on disc, I separate using either VSO DVD Converter or Blu-Ray Converter (both not freeware). This is obviously tedious, but it works (for Zappiti player).
post #2615 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I think that I can see where you are coming from - an iso can imply a copy of the whole disc - but can also be a copy of any movie file (or part of a movie file) - (which can be burnt to disk using various software (imgburn is one)).

Needless to say Zap Video will play iso files ( as well as mkv, mp4, ts and others).
post #2616 of 2845 Old 03-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
I think that I can see where you are coming from - an iso can imply a copy of the whole disc - but can also be a copy of any movie file (or part of a movie file) - (which can be burnt to disk using various software (imgburn is one)).

Needless to say Zap Video will play iso files ( as well as mkv, mp4, ts and others).
Yes it will play them. I’m trying to figure out how to list them since it’s not individual episodes.

What I’ve done in the past is list it as the first episode on the full disc copy of the TV series.

Example - Game of Thrones - Season 1 has 5 complete discs for the first season.

I don’t think Zappiti has a way of identifying each of the 5 discs for the first season.

Each disc has 2 or 3 episodes on it. What is the best way of identifying each disc if saved as an full disc .iso file.
post #2617 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Yes it will play them. I’m trying to figure out how to list them since it’s not individual episodes.

What I’ve done in the past is list it as the first episode on the full disc copy of the TV series.

Example - Game of Thrones - Season 1 has 5 complete discs for the first season.

I don’t think Zappiti has a way of identifying each of the 5 discs for the first season.

Each disc has 2 or 3 episodes on it. What is the best way of identifying each disc if saved as an full disc .iso file.
As I said, you have to split the disc into individual episodes.
post #2618 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I guess I had spaces on my folder name.

So like it was

\TV\Game of Thrones\Season 1\S01E01 S01E02 S01E03\<BDMV Structure>

I found this old post from the Dune forums: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...l#post33435450

That's how I formatted them then, and how I kept it up on the Zappiti until last week.
sutton8 likes this.

Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #2619 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

I contacted Zappiti and they responded as follows for getting multiple posters from BDMV backups.

First you have to delete this file from your collection.
Then rename it, there are two ways to rename if you want to have 3 corresponding files :

Game Of Thrones s01e01 s01e02 s01e03
or
Game Of Thrones 01x01 01x02 01x03

And you just have to scan it again to have 3 files, one file for each episode.

Unfortunately I wont have time to try for a few days.

Thanks to @ChldsPlay for his advice on this issue.

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Intel NUC6CAYH, Sony X700, Panasonic TX65GZ950B
post #2620 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Why do they have to reinvent the wheel? Not only is it stupid to write the season each time...I mean what do they expect? TV.Show S01E01 and then out of of a sudden S02E05?
Whats more, S01E01E02E03 is the method used by the scene anyway. So I don't understand why they don't follow it. Even the mediacenter of the Popcorn Hour devices did this years ago. It's neither intuitive nor user friendly imho.
post #2621 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehamma View Post
Why do they have to reinvent the wheel? Not only is it stupid to write the season each time...I mean what do they expect? TV.Show S01E01 and then out of of a sudden S02E05?
Whats more, S01E01E02E03 is the method used by the scene anyway. So I don't understand why they don't follow it. Even the mediacenter of the Popcorn Hour devices did this years ago. It's neither intuitive nor user friendly imho.
So a whole disk copy to BDMV folder, then put the BDMV folder in a folder called (in this case) Game Of Thrones s01e01 s01e02 s01e03 - is this what they mean?
post #2622 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

I managed to try it and the Zappiti suggested naming convention does work as per their advice above. However if you click on the poster for episode three, for example, it takes you to the beginning of the disc and not Episode 3. I've asked Zappiti to investigate a fix.

I'll agree with the above that this system is not intuitive and hardly public knowledge. Perhaps they should add something to their FAQ.

post #2623 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
So a whole disk copy to BDMV folder, then put the BDMV folder in a folder called (in this case) Game Of Thrones s01e01 s01e02 s01e03 - is this what they mean?
Yes, like:

TV Show
-Season 1
—TV.Show.S01E01 S01E02
—-BDMV
—-Certificate
post #2624 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I managed to try it and the Zappiti suggested naming convention does work as per their advice above. However if you click on the poster for episode three, for example, it takes you to the beginning of the disc and not Episode 3. I've asked Zappiti to investigate a fix.

I'll agree with the above that this system is not intuitive and hardly public knowledge. Perhaps they should add something to their FAQ.
Just tried the first disk of Planet Earth 1 - as you found - select episode 1 and it plays episode 3.
post #2625 of 2845 Old 03-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Just tried the first disk of Planet Earth 1 - as you found - select episode 1 and it plays episode 3.
So I decided to reverse the episode number order in the folder name ie Planet Earth s01e03 s01e02 s01e01.
But it produced the same result - I select ep1 - it plays ep3. Obviously there is more to it.
post #2626 of 2845 Old 03-19-2019, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

That’s most likely because episode 3 is the biggest/longest. There is no way for the player to know which episode inside the iso is what stream.
post #2627 of 2845 Old 03-19-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
That’s most likely because episode 3 is the biggest/longest. There is no way for the player to know which episode inside the iso is what stream.
Yes, I thought that it was to good to be true. So let's wait and see what they say - maybe there is an agreeable solution?
post #2628 of 2845 Old 03-21-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, I thought that it was to good to be true. So let's wait and see what they say - maybe there is an agreeable solution?
I asked Support, here is their answer -
"If you launch any of these episode from Zappiti, we are not able to launch the correct episode directly.
If needed you can activate the option in the Zappiti Video settings to play the blu-ray menu if it is included in your BDMV structure."
post #2629 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi all.

After a lot of research, I've ended up on this thread and I was hoping experienced Zappiti owners can help me.

I currently have a large collection of UHD Blu Rays, Blu Rays and TV Series (mostly Blu Ray but a couple of UHD Collections). for a number of years I have been ripping the main movie track using MKV Tool nix, storing them on a Qnap TVS 863, and playing them using Plex on a Nvidia Shield on my Samsung K8000 tv. This works perfectly for me, with Atmos audio on a lot of movies, but I've always wanted a way of actually playing the full menus so I can access special / bonus features, something Plex doesnt do.

I'm looking for something that can do the following:

Play Blu Ray / UHD Iso / BDMV file structures from my QNAP Nas with full menu accessibility
Offer full 4k HDR & Atmos sound
Has a reasonably intuitive GUI where I can put movies into categories, alter metadata etc

From what I've seen the Zappiti can do this, but just wanted to check on here.

Thanks!
post #2630 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Quote:
I've had a Popcorn Hour A110, A400 and A500 and even though the players would populate a TV series with multiple episodes from one ISO file (for example "House of Cards (US) S01E01E02E03E04E05.ISO"): it would generate poster art for the season and synopsis for the episodes but it never played the correct 'episode'.

Per the other persons post: the player couldn't tell which file was which episode. But at least it 'looked' great on the screen showing the art, etc. I wish Zappiti did at least that too.

I would bring up the simple-BD menu for the ISO and choose/hunted-for the 'correct' episode/file.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #2631 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozkin View Post
Hi all.

After a lot of research, I've ended up on this thread and I was hoping experienced Zappiti owners can help me.

I currently have a large collection of UHD Blu Rays, Blu Rays and TV Series (mostly Blu Ray but a couple of UHD Collections). for a number of years I have been ripping the main movie track using MKV Tool nix, storing them on a Qnap TVS 863, and playing them using Plex on a Nvidia Shield on my Samsung K8000 tv. This works perfectly for me, with Atmos audio on a lot of movies, but I've always wanted a way of actually playing the full menus so I can access special / bonus features, something Plex doesnt do.

I'm looking for something that can do the following:

Play Blu Ray / UHD Iso / BDMV file structures from my QNAP Nas with full menu accessibility
Offer full 4k HDR & Atmos sound
Has a reasonably intuitive GUI where I can put movies into categories, alter metadata etc

From what I've seen the Zappiti can do this, but just wanted to check on here.

Thanks!
1. Yes, but it's not perfect. It can be hit and miss. I'm not sure to what extent. It's worked on most, but not the only one I need it for (Atmos demo disc).
2. Yes to 4K and Atmos.
3. Probably the easiest box to setup in my opinion.

It does have minuses, though. Doesn't read a forced subs flag when not using full menu. Doesn't send MaxCLL/MaxFALL metadata with HDR - not sure if this is an issue for non-projector setups.

post #2632 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have a mini 4K hdr connected to an Emotiva rmc-1 and a Sony vw-vpl695es

I also have an Apple TV 4K and roku ultra connected as well, they are set for 4:2:2 12 bit and it works fine, the Emotiva registers 12 bits 4:2:2 also.

All cables are 18Gbs certified. It’s not a cable problem.

However when I set the zappiti to 4:2:2 10bit, I get 4:2:0 10 bit. That’s mystery one.

Mystery two is that if set 12 bits I get 8 bits with even 4:2:0.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
post #2633 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

The video software got an update to 235 today but I’m still having problems with identification. It thought The Mind of Mr Soames was The French Connection for some reason and I had to manually reidentify. I never had any such issues prior to the recent “improvements”.

I do like the new collection statistics feature though. Helps me to keep track of what I’ve got.

post #2634 of 2845 Old 03-22-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
The video software got an update to 235 today but I’m still having problems with identification. It thought The Mind of Mr Soames was The French Connection for some reason and I had to manually reidentify. I never had any such issues prior to the recent “improvements”.

I do like the new collection statistics feature though. Helps me to keep track of what I’ve got.
I've had 235 for a few days now with no problems scraping. Interesting that it got confused - TMDb only has one entry for "The Mind of Mr Soames".
post #2635 of 2845 Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I have a 2tb WD passport that I’m switching out on my nas with a 8tb. So for the first time I tried plugging it into my Zappiti One, the light on the drive blinks but never turns solid and doesn’t show up in local drives. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #2636 of 2845 Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
I have a 2tb WD passport that I’m switching out on my nas with a 8tb. So for the first time I tried plugging it into my Zappiti One, the light on the drive blinks but never turns solid and doesn’t show up in local drives. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which drive is not showing up, the 2tb or the 8tb in your NAS? What kind of NAS?. Are you plugging the 2tb inside the Zappiti, or using it as an external drive via usb? Pardon all the questions, but detail makes a differerence.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
post #2637 of 2845 Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 266
While I usually use the actual discs when watching movies, I've been wanting to do more with remux'ing the Atmos soundtrack into 3D movies, and was wondering if this would make a good playback box for that with me not really wanting to mess with wireless media servers and computers in my chain etc.

JMAX Home Theatre
Spoiler!
post #2638 of 2845 Old 03-26-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:

I have observed that if you alter your collection (via Windows) using the latest (beta) version of Zappiti Video - and you strike a problem with the version - you cannot access the collection (via Windows) with a previous version of Zap Video (by restoring the previous version, using Windows Restore).
Anyone else notice this?
post #2639 of 2845 Old 03-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:

I had problems with Manhunt (2019) episode 2 until I identified again using the TVDb ID code - 352015 (works the similar to Movies IMDb code).
post #2640 of 2845 Old 03-28-2019, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hello. Can anyone help me? When I turn on the device, I get a message: Zappiti launcher not working. What does it mean? The system will only run after a few hard reboots.: Zmätený:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page