Zappiti 4K HDR (Mini, One, Duo) Thread - Page 90 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 506Likes

post #2671 of 2725 Old 04-17-2019, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Found the option for creating a csv file of what's in my library. It is a new option under "Settings". Go to the "tools" setting (the one with the hammer et al) and scroll down to the bottom of the options. A new option allows for creation of a .csv file that is to be sent to me via e-mail. Once I've received the email, I'll examine and post my results. It would certainly save a lot of time if this works.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2725 Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The e-mail with the attached .csv file arrived within 5 minutes of my "request". Importing into Excel was straight-forward but the data is not sorted alphabetically and tv shows are mixed in with movies. This is probably simply a matter of "sorting" in Excel and physically dividing the movies from the tv shows. The csv file lists data for everything from audio codec, frame rate, aspect ratio, plus running time (shown in minutes). Since I don't work with Excel on a daily basis, it'll take a bit of time to sort through everything, but initially it appears that everything that should be there is there.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
post #2673 of 2725 Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
The e-mail with the attached .csv file arrived within 5 minutes of my "request". Importing into Excel was straight-forward but the data is not sorted alphabetically and tv shows are mixed in with movies. This is probably simply a matter of "sorting" in Excel and physically dividing the movies from the tv shows. The csv file lists data for everything from audio codec, frame rate, aspect ratio, plus running time (shown in minutes). Since I don't work with Excel on a daily basis, it'll take a bit of time to sort through everything, but initially it appears that everything that should be there is there.
This is a really nice thing.

But how do you uploade the info again after made the changes you want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2674 of 2725 Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a question.

I have my Zappiti player in my livingroom and was thingking about buying another one for my home theater, but insted I have a HTPC in my home theater, have always used kodi, but have played around using Zappiti on the HTPC.
When starting a movie in Zappiti on the HTPC it starts up mpc-be with madvr. Everything work like it should.

Now my question> I use a Harmony elite and flirc to control the HTPC. Almost everything works like it should. Only one small thing. I can't the the harmony to right click when I have the Zappiti open on my HTPC. So can't get the menu with trailers an so on.

Any suggestions that can help me with that?
post #2675 of 2725 Old 04-18-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus.S View Post
This is a really nice thing.

But how do you uploade the info again after made the changes you want?
You don't. This is simply a download of a list of your collections that can be imported in Excel. What each user does with the data (reformatting, etc) is up to the individual user.

post #2676 of 2725 Old 04-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus.S View Post
I got a question.

I have my Zappiti player in my livingroom and was thingking about buying another one for my home theater, but insted I have a HTPC in my home theater, have always used kodi, but have played around using Zappiti on the HTPC.
When starting a movie in Zappiti on the HTPC it starts up mpc-be with madvr. Everything work like it should.

Now my question> I use a Harmony elite and flirc to control the HTPC. Almost everything works like it should. Only one small thing. I can't the the harmony to right click when I have the Zappiti open on my HTPC. So can't get the menu with trailers an so on.

Any suggestions that can help me with that?
I think I might demote my Duo to the living room also, MADVR with the Zappiti front end makes for a great media center. I just wish MPC-BE/HC was better integrated so that it switched back to the Zappiti front end after closing the player as well as a few other niggles.

Trinnov Altitude 32, LCR JBL M2, JBL LSR 708i, 705i, Q-SYS Core 110f, Amps- QSC CXD4.2Q, 4.3Q, 4.5Q
Kaleidescape Strato, Zapitti 4K HDR Duo, Xbox One X, 8TB Tivo Roamio Pro,
JVC RS600 + ISCO IIIL, 158" 2.40:1 AT screen, Calman 5 Enthusiast, i1 Pro 2, i1 Display Pro, Spyder 5, 3D LUT Box
Oppo UDP-205/203, BDP-105, Onkyo DAC-1000s, Onkyo DP-X1 DAP, QNAP TVS-871

Last edited by kingwiggi; 04-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.
post #2677 of 2725 Old 04-19-2019, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I am using the latest Zap Video update.
I cannot see "X to identify" on PC version of Zap Video.
Has anyone else found it?

If you are using a PC or MAC, click to X to Identify” located on the top of the screen. You’ll see the list of the files that are not indentified by Zappiti.

post #2678 of 2725 Old 04-20-2019, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafheide View Post
I am using the latest Zap Video update.
I cannot see "X to identify" on PC version of Zap Video.
Has anyone else found it?

If you are using a PC or MAC, click to X to Identify” located on the top of the screen. You’ll see the list of the files that are not indentified by Zappiti.

I think it only shows up if there are any unidentified videos. In your case there probably aren’t any and you are fully scraped.

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Dune HD Solo Lite, LG OLED (E7V)
5.1 Denon X7200WA, Focal Dome, LG OLED (E6V)
In both Setups "Virgin Tivo V6, Zappiti 4K HDR, FireTV Stick 4K, Sony X700, Harmony Elite"
post #2679 of 2725 Old 04-23-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi, is it normal for data transfer at Zappiti Duo, the second hard drive to have a much lower transfer rate?
post #2680 of 2725 Old 04-27-2019, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Unhappy Greyed out 10 bit HEVC files + adaptive brightness with HDR files?

Hey all, new to the forums as I'm having some problems with my brand new Zappiti One 4K HDR.

I've updated to the last version (3.13) and can't seem to figure out a solution to the following problems, I hope you can help me out:

1. 10 Bit HEVC files that are not-HDR seem to be washed out and greyish. No blacks to be seen which is kind of sad on my AF8 Oled panel. I tried all the different HDMI range settings, Color Depth modes, etc but nothing seems to be working.

2. When playing 4K HDR files with subtitles that are white (some files seem to have more greyish subtitles and this doesn't have problems) there seems to be some adaptive brightness going on. Each time a subtitle appears the rest of the screen seems to fade darker to only get brighter again gradually when the subtitle is gone. As I bought the Zappiti One 4K HDR mainly to watch these type of videos (with subtitles) I am a bit bummed as it's very obvious and irritating. I disabled any adaptive brightness or contrast enhancers on my tv and the problem does not occur when for instance watching it with VLC on my smart tv (which is not a solution as VLC stutters slightly when playing high profile HDR files with subtitles).

Are these known bugs? Anything you guys could recommend me doing to help me?
thomasphoenix likes this.
post #2681 of 2725 Old 04-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasua View Post
Hey all, new to the forums as I'm having some problems with my brand new Zappiti One 4K HDR.

I've updated to the last version (3.13) and can't seem to figure out a solution to the following problems, I hope you can help me out:

1. 10 Bit HEVC files that are not-HDR seem to be washed out and greyish. No blacks to be seen which is kind of sad on my AF8 Oled panel. I tried all the different HDMI range settings, Color Depth modes, etc but nothing seems to be working.

2. When playing 4K HDR files with subtitles that are white (some files seem to have more greyish subtitles and this doesn't have problems) there seems to be some adaptive brightness going on. Each time a subtitle appears the rest of the screen seems to fade darker to only get brighter again gradually when the subtitle is gone. As I bought the Zappiti One 4K HDR mainly to watch these type of videos (with subtitles) I am a bit bummed as it's very obvious and irritating. I disabled any adaptive brightness or contrast enhancers on my tv and the problem does not occur when for instance watching it with VLC on my smart tv (which is not a solution as VLC stutters slightly when playing high profile HDR files with subtitles).

1. Try auto settings on Z, that works best for me at least. Also maybe change brightness settings. I have one profile for HDR and one for SDR.

2. Probably your TV that is doing this, maybe the subtitle is thicker than on VLC and that's why ABL is kicking in more. Try downloading subtitle and make it smaller size, I think usual BD subtitle is way too big anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #2682 of 2725 Old 04-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALVETA View Post
1. Try auto settings on Z, that works best for me at least. Also maybe change brightness settings. I have one profile for HDR and one for SDR.
It's all on auto now and just remains the same. I saw someone posting a similar problem earlier in this thread. It's only doing this with 10 bit HEVC files, all other non-HDR files are fine... so brightness settings shouldn't be a problem, I have different settings for HDR and SDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALVETA View Post
2. Probably your TV that is doing this, maybe the subtitle is thicker than on VLC and that's why ABL is kicking in more. Try downloading subtitle and make it smaller size, I think usual BD subtitle is way too big anyway.
Well, it's not my tv doing it, it's all turned off. It's not doing this on Netflix or other HDR sources for instance... only with my Zappiti, subtitles are not that large. it's weird...
post #2683 of 2725 Old 04-28-2019, 02:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
It's all on auto now and just remains the same. I saw someone posting a similar problem earlier in this thread. It's only doing this with 10 bit HEVC files, all other non-HDR files are fine... so brightness settings shouldn't be a problem, I have different settings for HDR and SDR.

Well, it's not my tv doing it, it's all turned off. It's not doing this on Netflix or other HDR sources for instance... only with my Zappiti, subtitles are not that large. it's weird...
just out of curiosity what make and model TV do you have and what type of rips are you trying to play?
post #2684 of 2725 Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
just out of curiosity what make and model TV do you have and what type of rips are you trying to play?
It's a SONY KD55-AF8

The rips I'm referring to are in case 1: 10 bit 1080p HEVC Blu-Ray rips from the show Fringe
and in case 2: 10 bit 2160p HDR HEVC Blu-Ray rips from Planet Earth 2
post #2685 of 2725 Old 04-28-2019, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 21
External USB Collection

Is it possible to setup a collection using a 2 disk external USB box with TV shows on disk #1 and movies on disk #2 ??
If so, how? TIA.
post #2686 of 2725 Old 04-29-2019, 01:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
It's a SONY KD55-AF8

The rips I'm referring to are in case 1: 10 bit 1080p HEVC Blu-Ray rips from the show Fringe
and in case 2: 10 bit 2160p HDR HEVC Blu-Ray rips from Planet Earth 2
i have rips from Planet Earth 2 i own on disk with no issues, this must be a setting on the player, my settings are TV Auto, color space 444, deep color 10bit. the TV should auto switch to HDR mode, make sure that cvb switch is set to on in display options

Last edited by Macroblocker; 04-29-2019 at 01:37 AM.
post #2687 of 2725 Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafheide View Post
Is it possible to setup a collection using a 2 disk external USB box with TV shows on disk #1 and movies on disk #2 ??
If so, how? TIA.
You can have multiple collections, but why not simply use the basic categories: TV, Movies, 4K, etc. While I'm currently running an NAS, I was running 2 large usb drives to feed our mini and one drive was devoted to Movies, and another to TV Shows. Go to "Collections", then select (for example) TV Shows. Select that and the next screen will ask where you have TV Shows located. One "Collection" with multiple categories.

post #2688 of 2725 Old 04-29-2019, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Zappiti 4K HDR (Mini, One, Duo) Thread

Quote:

3.10 is the only firmware that plays 10 bit hevc ( non hdr) with correct black levels , I have a workaround for 3.13 on my A1E that should work for your A8F too , I use cinema pro tuned setting to watch all hdr and SDR content . When it comes to the problem x265 10 bit files I switch to cinema home , in which I have moved the black level down by 10-15, it works perfect with no crushing . You need to do this only once as the setting is in memory .

TV-Sony Bravia KD-65"A1, Pioneer SC-LX901 7.2.4 ATMOS/DTS-X, Polk DSW 660*2, Polk RTi A7*2, Pol Csi A6, Polk RtiA5*2, Polk Tsi300*2, Polk TSX 220B *2, Polk OWM 3*2, Zappiti-4kHDROne, Oppo UDP-203, XboxOneX, PS4, Oppo BDP-83, Darbee DVP-500s, ZidooX10, Sony Bravia HX925 55"
post #2689 of 2725 Old 04-29-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
i have rips from Planet Earth 2 i own on disk with no issues, this must be a setting on the player, my settings are TV Auto, color space 444, deep color 10bit. the TV should auto switch to HDR mode, make sure that cvb switch is set to on in display options
Thanks, I tried these settings but they didn't make any difference...

I tried with changing the size of the subtitle and using external subtitles but nothing seemed to work. The only thing that did work was change the colour of the subtitles (or turn them off) but I prefer white subtitles of course. I've only been able to see it with 16:9 movies and not with wider aspect ratios

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasphoenix View Post
3.10 is the only firmware that plays 10 bit hevc ( non hdr) with correct black levels , I have a workaround for 3.13 on my A1E that should work for your A8F too , I use cinema pro tuned setting to watch all hdr and SDR content . When it comes to the problem x265 10 bit files I switch to cinema home , in which I have moved the black level down by 10-15, it works perfect with no crushing . You need to do this only once as the setting is in memory .
Well, I would personally prefer not to use the cinema pro settings... I reached out to them hoping they can fix this issue in future updates.
post #2690 of 2725 Old 04-30-2019, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Thanks, I tried these settings but they didn't make any difference...

I tried with changing the size of the subtitle and using external subtitles but nothing seemed to work. The only thing that did work was change the colour of the subtitles (or turn them off) but I prefer white subtitles of course. I've only been able to see it with 16:9 movies and not with wider aspect ratios

Well, I would personally prefer not to use the cinema pro settings... I reached out to them hoping they can fix this issue in future updates.

I have been telling them since 3.11 , they have not done anything. Also this year no updates have happened.

TV-Sony Bravia KD-65"A1, Pioneer SC-LX901 7.2.4 ATMOS/DTS-X, Polk DSW 660*2, Polk RTi A7*2, Pol Csi A6, Polk RtiA5*2, Polk Tsi300*2, Polk TSX 220B *2, Polk OWM 3*2, Zappiti-4kHDROne, Oppo UDP-203, XboxOneX, PS4, Oppo BDP-83, Darbee DVP-500s, ZidooX10, Sony Bravia HX925 55"
post #2691 of 2725 Old 05-04-2019, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Is there anyway to make custom groups along with custom artwork & backdrops?

I currently use the Zappiti servers for artwork, etc?

Example if I wanted to have Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1, Phase 2, etc movies together is there a way to do that?

Also if you have the 4k & the 3D of the same movie is there anyway to do a special group for that movie to have the different versions of the movie in a group so you don’t have all the different versions cluttering up the movie wall?

Another problem is if you do make a group for the different versions of a movie (3D & 4K) & then you go to show all the 4k movies to decide on a 4k movie to watch if the 4k movie is in a group it just shows the group artwork & not the individual artwork.

Last edited by marine92104; 05-04-2019 at 09:03 PM.
post #2692 of 2725 Old 05-05-2019, 01:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
Is there anyway to make custom groups along with custom artwork & backdrops?

I currently use the Zappiti servers for artwork, etc?

Example if I wanted to have Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1, Phase 2, etc movies together is there a way to do that?

Also if you have the 4k & the 3D of the same movie is there anyway to do a special group for that movie to have the different versions of the movie in a group so you don’t have all the different versions cluttering up the movie wall?

Another problem is if you do make a group for the different versions of a movie (3D & 4K) & then you go to show all the 4k movies to decide on a 4k movie to watch if the 4k movie is in a group it just shows the group artwork & not the individual artwork.
Firstly you can add various versions of the same movie to a custom group no problem. Just hover over the first entry and use the menu to create a custom group. Then add the other versions to the group.

Art handling is more limited for custom groups. As you say, if have a group of 4K and non 4K media when you go to the 4K category it will show the group photo and all movies under it, which is a pain and I can’t see anyway around this.

It is not easy to customise the art for a custom group. For example I have a custom group consisting of the four versions of the 39 Steps. For the group cover photo it just uses the cover from the first of the movies that it selects by default and won’t let me change it. Although you can change any of the artwork in the four films underneath as normal, including the first film, it seems not to affect the group photo which stays at Zappiti’s choice regardless.

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Dune HD Solo Lite, LG OLED (E7V)
In both Setups "Virgin Tivo V6, Zappiti 4K HDR, FireTV Stick 4K, Sony X700, Harmony Elite"
post #2693 of 2725 Old 05-05-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1083 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post
Firstly you can add various versions of the same movie to a custom group no problem. Just hover over the first entry and use the menu to create a custom group. Then add the other versions to the group.

Art handling is more limited for custom groups. As you say, if have a group of 4K and non 4K media when you go to the 4K category it will show the group photo and all movies under it, which is a pain and I can’t see anyway around this.

It is not easy to customise the art for a custom group. For example I have a custom group consisting of the four versions of the 39 Steps. For the group cover photo it just uses the cover from the first of the movies that it selects by default and won’t let me change it. Although you can change any of the artwork in the four films underneath as normal, including the first film, it seems not to affect the group photo which stays at Zappiti’s choice regardless.
It should let you change the artwork. I have changed the artwork on tons of custom groups.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #2694 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
It should let you change the artwork. I have changed the artwork on tons of custom groups.
I just tried again on my only custom group. Went into sagas, selected my 39 Steps custom group and when I tried to change the picture I git the following message...”No pictures available for this media”. Changing the photo of the first movie in the group, which acts as the group poster, had no effect either. It kept the original picture of this first movie as the group photo and ignored the fact that I’d amended it.

If the group is custom how would iZappiti know which pictures to offer, since a custom group won’t be on TMDb?

post #2695 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have in my collection The Aquaman which is 82GB stored on my Synology Nas .

I trid to play it yesterday and I saw some problems on play ...I mean heavy stuttering which I think the Zappiti 4K One can not handle as a Bitrate... It is my imagination that the device cannot handle such a high bitrate (the processor I mean)
post #2696 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post
I just tried again on my only custom group. Went into sagas, selected my 39 Steps custom group and when I tried to change the picture I git the following message...”No pictures available for this media”. Changing the photo of the first movie in the group, which acts as the group poster, had no effect either. It kept the original picture of this first movie as the group photo and ignored the fact that I’d amended it.

If the group is custom how would iZappiti know which pictures to offer, since a custom group won’t be on TMDb?
There should be an option to select which title in the group you want to use artwork from. And you should be able to upload your own photo(s) to use.

Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #2697 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Asimakopoulos View Post
I have in my collection The Aquaman which is 82GB stored on my Synology Nas .

I trid to play it yesterday and I saw some problems on play ...I mean heavy stuttering which I think the Zappiti 4K One can not handle as a Bitrate... It is my imagination that the device cannot handle such a high bitrate (the processor I mean)
Zero problems with Aquaman, full bluray UHD, but stored on Hdd, connected by USB.
post #2698 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
There should be an option to select which title in the group you want to use artwork from. And you should be able to upload your own photo(s) to use.
I’m assuming you have to use the Zappiti server on your own computer instead of the cloud to do this?

How do you upload your own photos for the picture for a group?

Also if you have a group you’ve made with different versions of the movie (example: 4k & 3D) of the same title in a group when you go to show all 4k movies is there anyway to only show the 4k of the title instead of the group photo & then when you go into the group it shows all versions of the movie (3D & 4K).

Thanks for the help. I’m trying to learn how to group all versions of a movie together but it’s not as easy as mymovies software.
post #2699 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
I’m assuming you have to use the Zappiti server on your own computer instead of the cloud to do this?

How do you upload your own photos for the picture for a group?

Also if you have a group you’ve made with different versions of the movie (example: 4k & 3D) of the same title in a group when you go to show all 4k movies is there anyway to only show the 4k of the title instead of the group photo & then when you go into the group it shows all versions of the movie (3D & 4K).

Thanks for the help. I’m trying to learn how to group all versions of a movie together but it’s not as easy as mymovies software.
Well, my collection is still on the cloud, but I do use the app on my computer to manage it. It's just easier than trying to do it on the device.

As for only showing the 4K titles in a group (or some other tag), unfortunately, I don't think that's possible currently. It should be pretty simple for them to implement when I think about it. Just a matter of passing on your tag filter when you select the group. You should request it (I probably would if I wasn't using a Shield as my primary media box now).

post #2700 of 2725 Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, my collection is still on the cloud, but I do use the app on my computer to manage it. It's just easier than trying to do it on the device.

As for only showing the 4K titles in a group (or some other tag), unfortunately, I don't think that's possible currently. It should be pretty simple for them to implement when I think about it. Just a matter of passing on your tag filter when you select the group. You should request it (I probably would if I wasn't using a Shield as my primary media box now).
It works with the tag/filter as long as you don’t have it in a group. Individual titles will used when accessing the show genre button (4K, 3D, action, drama, etc).

If I filter by 4K all the individual titles I have in 4K will show but in the ones I put in a group, the group folder will show & all the titles in that group will show when you click on the folder (not just the 4K ones).

I agree there has to be a way to do this. Whether they think it is important enough is up to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page