Originally Posted by toairornottoair
I see it has an extra usb port. Any idea if this will support mkv files on an external hard drive?
The 1 of 2 USB hub is for the OTA antenna tuner. That is what I have plugged into my USB port now.
They have not released much information on the box but the rumors say they will add external HD as a DVR in the future.
That is what others are saying. They also say that is the purpose of the 2nd USB plug-in.
Now that I have been using it for a week I do have some info.
I did do a complete reset after my initial one because I wanted to make sure I set it up correctly.
Their is a factory reset that starts you from scratch.
The nice thing is you do just plug it in and turn it on and it will go thru a sequence to setup.
1. The Android processor is very quick to respond to remote commands and you can zoom thru the Guide with lighting speed.
2. Remote was easily adaptable to my Samsung LED Smart TV, Sound Bar and the AirTV
Some don't like the color of the remote but all feel is good and the buttons all work well.
3. Sling TV is running great and has lots of stuff to watch. Have not used Netflix key now the Google key on the remote to watch more pay for view.
4. The USB OTA tuners seems to be just a Hauppauge HD tuner rebranded with WinTV on it. I actually plugged it into my desktop PC and it knew what it was.
5. If you have anything go wrong you must go to the website to learn how to do things because it comes with no instructions.
I'm still waiting for AirTV to release the new software that merges both Sling TV guide and the OTA channels together like they demoed in Las Vegas.