Where to find upcoming movie trailers with surround sound? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-24-2017, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Question Where to find upcoming movie trailers with surround sound?

Hey guys,

(caveat: Not sure this is the right forum for this question, but this was the closest I found on AVS. Mods, please feel free to move it if I got it wrong)

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way of getting new movie trailers with surround sound. iTunes, YouTube and Fandango seem to have the whole market cornered and I can't find a platform where the new releases are being played with 5.1 or 7.1. It's only later on, when movies are available for rent, that the trailers include surround sound.

It looks like that where hd-trailers.net is getting their 5.1 sound trailers from. Is there any other source that would have it? XBOX? PS4?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2133 Post(s)
Liked: 4044
Moved to streaming since I assume you aren't interested in linear sources such as AXS. Retitled.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 1044
There is a cable channel called AXS which on Dish is 167. They have an offering called "Nothing but trailers". Shown in 1/2 hour to 2 hour segments. Like the title says, nothing but upcoming movie trailers, shown in their native 2:35 format in very nice Hi-Def with well done DD surround sound, just like at the movies. Except instead of 15 minutes of trailers before the show begins,it goes on for an hour or 2 instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
There is a cable channel called AXS which on Dish is 167. They have an offering called "Nothing but trailers". Shown in 1/2 hour to 2 hour segments. Like the title says, nothing but upcoming movie trailers, shown in their native 2:35 format in very nice Hi-Def with well done DD surround sound, just like at the movies. Except instead of 15 minutes of trailers before the show begins,it goes on for an hour or 2 instead.
That already helps. What about online? Any luck there?
post #5 of 5 Old 01-24-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1753
Movie studios do not release surround sound versions of new movie trailers online. But occasionally you can find bootlegged versions, usually from people who work in theaters or some other insider-types. Here are two sites I check:

http://www.demo-world.eu/movie-trailers-hd/

http://thedigitaltheater.com/
For The Digital Theater, the ones labled "Experimental" are derived from stereo; like a Pro Logic upmix. But the others are real 5.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
movie , sound , surround , trailer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page