Blu-ray ripper subtitle handling and backup discussion thread for the Dunes - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #511 of 520 Old 04-26-2020, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@jasonkennethrose . Hi and thanks for your software and support. I have a large collection that has been ripped using various software over the years and always bemoaned the difficulty around subtitles. Searching for a way to create a seamless experience in my home theater lead me to this thread, which I read in its entirety. Your explanations of subtitles nomenclature and various methods makes total sense to me. I read through your instructions and installed the various software and dependencies for v.112c thinking that's the logical version to use. I did not install MKVmerge as I am using the Blu-Ray folder structure as output.

Everything appears to work as expected, with the exception of the subtitle editor. It appears and I can select subtitle tracks via the drop down, however it never displays any text in the blue area. I'm not sure if I'm using the software incorrectly or if its an issue with the versions or installation (or missing dependency). Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 520 Old 04-29-2020, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh285 View Post
@jasonkennethrose . Hi and thanks for your software and support. I have a large collection that has been ripped using various software over the years and always bemoaned the difficulty around subtitles. Searching for a way to create a seamless experience in my home theater lead me to this thread, which I read in its entirety. Your explanations of subtitles nomenclature and various methods makes total sense to me. I read through your instructions and installed the various software and dependencies for v.112c thinking that's the logical version to use. I did not install MKVmerge as I am using the Blu-Ray folder structure as output.

Everything appears to work as expected, with the exception of the subtitle editor. It appears and I can select subtitle tracks via the drop down, however it never displays any text in the blue area. I'm not sure if I'm using the software incorrectly or if its an issue with the versions or installation (or missing dependency). Any help would be appreciated!
Did you download the file pack that went with the version you downloaded or did you go get the different programs separately? There are many versions of the tools, the ones included in the files_0.112.zip are the correct versions for Blu-Ray Ripper.
post #513 of 520 Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Bad Boys for Life (2020)
Subtitle_13_English_Normal_Forced = 1544 Normal and 77 Forced events.
Track 13 contains Type 1 events (77 Forced events with the 1544 Normal events in the main English subtitle track 13).
Subtitle_14_English_Normal_Forced = 1544 Normal and 77 Forced events.
Track 14 contains Type 1 events (77 Forced events with the 1544 Normal events in the main English subtitle track 14).
Merge difficulty = None.
Detection = Semi-Automatic Mode supported.

Tracks 13 and 14 are identical. Track 12 is Closed Captioned events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 520 Old 05-06-2020, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkennethrose View Post
@jasonkennethrose .

Did you download the file pack that went with the version you downloaded or did you go get the different programs separately? There are many versions of the tools, the ones included in the files_0.112.zip are the correct versions for Blu-Ray Ripper.
Thank you, that was exactly the problem. It's working perfectly. Great piece of software!

post #515 of 520 Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Thanks for the wellness thoughts! Back at ya and everyone following the thread!

For the last 10 minutes or so, catching up on your escapades has been entertaining! 🙂

Jeff

Sorry @pepar . Completely missed this post.
Yes, a lot of to-ing-n-fro-ing. But think I finally got rid of a few of my own glitches!
post #516 of 520 Old 05-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
After nuking Win 7 and installing Win 10 I never restored my browser tabs for the 2-3 online databases that list movies with no, yes and what/where wrt forced subtitles.

The subtitle research for each movie used to take about the same amount of time as ClownBD did to to extract/remux. I would do my research in parallel with processing and occasionally the former would delay the latter.

Jeff

ClownBD was great for its time but Blu-Ray Ripper is way (way) better.
About the only thing I use ClownBD for now is trying to demux some old HD-DVDs... which I'm still pretty clueless about.
post #517 of 520 Old 05-07-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2hart View Post
On occasion, I get a BD that rips but it has multiple points that it simply stops during playback on Dune Solo 4K. I can play again and FF past that point and it will play until it hits next point. Steps I’ve taken:

1) BRR which is what I always use
2) BRR with stop before remux and then use tsmuxergui and toggle setting each way on SEI data to remux
3) Use only tsmuxergui (also used CloneBD) which does not have the stop points

It seems that eliminating eac3to from the flow solves the problem from a 10,000. Ft view. The latest movie with the issue was “The Art Of Racing In The Rain” which I tried versions purchased at Best Buy and rented from Redbox with same issue and solution.

Not that many of these movies but wondered if you’ve seen the issue and or anyway to predict it. I checked and it’s one m2ts file.

Thanks for wonderful product and looking forward to tsmuxer team finalized and well tested v2.7 that includes all UHD capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkennethrose View Post
Can you post/send the .meta file created by tsMuxerGUI from the rip you got working? I have this movie and didn't have any issues with playback, but I also don't have a Dune player.

This sounds suspiciously the same as my original problem; a handful of titles stop playback (I think it's actually a crash as it can't resume like a normal stop) at one, or more, points, if played on a Dune Solo 4K.
post #518 of 520 Old 05-23-2020, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Blu-ray ripper subtitle handling and backup discussion thread for the Dunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs88 View Post
This sounds suspiciously the same as my original problem; a handful of titles stop playback (I think it's actually a crash as it can't resume like a normal stop) at one, or more, points, if played on a Dune Solo 4K.

I feel certain it’s a Dune bug but whatever trips it seems to be introduced by eac3to. Taking it out of the workflow has always resulted in an image that does not hit dune bug.

When I have time I’ll create an image that bugs out on Dune and then play it via infuse Plex on Appletv.
post #519 of 520 Old 05-25-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart2hart View Post
I feel certain it’s a Dune bug but whatever trips it seems to be introduced by eac3to. Taking it out of the workflow has always resulted in an image that does not hit dune bug.

When I have time I’ll create an image that bugs out on Dune and then play it via infuse Plex on Appletv.

Same here. It only seems to affect a handful of titles and only on the Dune. If I play the same ISO image on Kodi, no problem.
If I remux the same title without using eac3to, plays fine on the Dune.
post #520 of 520 Old 05-25-2020, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs88 View Post
Same here. It only seems to affect a handful of titles and only on the Dune. If I play the same ISO image on Kodi, no problem.
If I remux the same title without using eac3to, plays fine on the Dune.

Great timing. I created iso of “The Art Of Racing In The Rain” with eac3to in flow and it has random stops on Dune but played fine on Infuse via AppleTV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page