Fantastic Beasts with 3D and Atmos Attempt (blu-ray quality) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #31 of 164 Old 08-31-2017, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Got my Zidoo X8 today. Excited to see if it's easier to use than my KDLINKS HD720. The ability to download and add the subtitle files through the GUI is really what sold it for me. I never seem to remember that I've got a few movies where I need to find the proper forced subtitle track (e.g. Star Wars-es) until I want to watch them and hence no longer have the desire to jump on my computer to do so.
That's good point about forced subtitle! I need to remember that next time I rip a movie. On that note I received my Zidoo X8 as well today and tried to play my King Arthur 3D/Atmos and I got no 3D and skipping Atmos and I was like oh no this can't be. Then I was like let me update the firmware and after the update I got both 3D and Atmos and it looked and sounded spectacular. This player is so awesome. No stuttering or any hiccups I can see so far and no lip sync issues either. Played other mkv rips just to test out both 3D and regular blurays and all of them played flawlessly.

I now get to enjoy Gravity in 3D and Atmos for the very first time! I can't wait. I believe this is how this movie was meant to been seen and heard.

By the way I can't go back and watch 2D version of the movie if I saw it in 3D. It's a totally different experience and is so much inferior. I can't say that about 4K HDR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 164 Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Ermagherd!!-- the Zidoo plays MKV files in 3D by default! I didn't consider that that might be an option. The KDLINKS would only play ISOs in 3D by default, with 3D MKV files I'd have to manually pop up the menu and select 3D every time. Rather annoying. I even made a Harmony macro for it and was starting to debate having a separate folder with all my 3D movies as ISOs.

This thing is looking pretty awesome so far. The GUI and menus are great to use. Popping up the menu to change settings during playback is fast and doesn't stop playback. And there are a ton of subtitle options, like being able to download on the fly and adjust subtitle depth for 3D--haven't really tinkered with that one too much.

It also found my HTPC network folders without any problem. However, I think I might be having Windows 10 sharing issues. Both my old video folders (which the 3D movies are on) don't need a password and open right up. However, my new folder (which is a new 4-bay drive) asks for a password. I've tried every username password combo I can think of (HTPC user name, workgroup, etc) and nothing works. I've also gone through every share and security setting for both the folder and general network settings and still can't figure out what might be doing that. The only thing I can think of is that those old folders were created when the computer was on Windows 7.
SuperFist likes this.
post #33 of 164 Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Made a copy of Gravity 3D in Atmos , very straight forward process using MKVs. Took me a while , but I got MPC-HC working with the MVC/3D file using MadVR and LAV. Didn't realize KODI didn't have MVC/3D support :O I will just use MPC-HC for these limited movies. I jumped ahead and Gravity to around 50 min and watched the second major disaster scene, was crazy awesome in 3D and Atmos, it's a movie that is 100% better in 3D, 2D is just not the same, so I am glad to get to take advantage of Atmos as well instead of using DSU. Still cant decide if I should get Wonder Woman in 3d or 4k and if I want to support WB's **** practices.
SuperFist likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 164 Old 09-13-2017, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5175 Post(s)
Liked: 5412
Wonder Woman 3D + ATMOS is next, the 3D is 5.1 and the 2D BD has ATMOS.

These remux's play perfect on the $100 Zidoo X8.
post #35 of 164 Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

Agreed. I did another viewing of my Fantastic Beasts re-mux, with some friends over, and there was not a single instance of stuttering after the 3D version started to play.

Wasn't a huge fan of the navigational tools during playback though, but maybe that was a Harmony issue--I haven't configured the Harmony remote for that activity since I got the Zidoo. It was using fast-forward/reverse instead of skipping ahead/back a set period of time. I don't understand why some players are still using ff/rewind. We don't have analogue VHS tapes anymore people!! Embrace the digital age!!

And still trying to figure out how to share new folders in Windows 10.
post #36 of 164 Old 09-14-2017, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I suppose for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, I'll have to play the UHD w/Atmos in one player and the 3D in a second player and try to sync the audio with the picture.
post #37 of 164 Old 09-15-2017, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post
I suppose for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, I'll have to play the UHD w/Atmos in one player and the 3D in a second player and try to sync the audio with the picture.

I think that's the only way for now if the Atmos is on the UHD copy. There is no way to get the audio file from that. I have all my WB 3D movies remux that doesn't contain the Atmos track on the 3D copy as well as any other 3D movies without Atmos. These are the titles so far:

1) Kong: Skull Island
2) Fantastic Beast
3) King Arthur
4) Lego Batman
5) Gravity
6) Pixels

I wonder if there are others? That's what I have so far.
post #38 of 164 Old 09-16-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Sony pictures does this also.... off hand, I can think of the Goosebumps title...
post #39 of 164 Old 09-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mixed Wonder Woman 3D today. Quick check in Kodi and the track looks synced up fine =)
post #40 of 164 Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Mixed Wonder Woman 3D today. Quick check in Kodi and the track looks synced up fine =)
Good to hear!

By the way (if you guys haven't already thought to do this) I'm thinking it could be pretty important to grab the subtitle track from the 3D file. Unless there's maybe also an accompanying file that helps integrate the subtitles with the 3D? When I watched Kong: Skull Island, we had the full subtitles playing for the duration of the film, as my mom is hard-of-hearing, and there were many times where the subtitles didn't quite line up, depth-wise, with the 3D and it was rather straining on the eyes. I'm going to tinker around with that and see what the results are, but if any of you already have some experience in that department, let me know.
post #41 of 164 Old 09-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
Good to hear!

By the way (if you guys haven't already thought to do this) I'm thinking it could be pretty important to grab the subtitle track from the 3D file. Unless there's maybe also an accompanying file that helps integrate the subtitles with the 3D? When I watched Kong: Skull Island, we had the full subtitles playing for the duration of the film, as my mom is hard-of-hearing, and there were many times where the subtitles didn't quite line up, depth-wise, with the 3D and it was rather straining on the eyes. I'm going to tinker around with that and see what the results are, but if any of you already have some experience in that department, let me know.
When doing the final process with MKVToolNix, what settings do you guys use under Video Properties: Stereocopy ? and any other settings within the program before you start multiplexing?

Thanks
post #42 of 164 Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
When doing the final process with MKVToolNix, what settings do you guys use under Video Properties: Stereocopy ? and any other settings within the program before you start multiplexing?

Thanks
Nothing needs to be done after you have added the 3D MKV and the 2D MKV files.... and have selected only the needed files.... the 3d video file and the Atmos audio file and deselected the other files...
post #43 of 164 Old 09-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Nothing needs to be done after you have added the 3D MKV and the 2D MKV files.... and have selected only the needed files.... the 3d video file and the Atmos audio file and deselected the other files...
Thanks I will give it try again tonight. During my first try the screen was blank, but the Atmos audio was playing.
post #44 of 164 Old 09-20-2017, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
Thanks I will give it try again tonight. During my first try the screen was blank, but the Atmos audio was playing.
Well, check the file name extension of the finished merge you created. When using MKVtoolnix to create a 3d file merge, you can end up with the extension ".mkv3d" or something to that effect... Your media player may not recognize that as a valid playable video file. Simply change the extension back to ".mkv" and try to play it again. And depending on your media player, you may have to manually put it into 3d playback mode too....
post #45 of 164 Old 09-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I'm doing Wonder Woman 3D Atmos this weekend: remind me the process in MKVToolNix?

I've done some simple muxing of commentary tracks, but it's been several months.

Do you have to save out the Atmos audio track to an MKA file and then mux that into the 3D MVC file? Or can you do it in one step starting with the 2D and 3D MKV files?

Thanks.
post #46 of 164 Old 09-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Well, check the file name extension of the finished merge you created. When using MKVtoolnix to create a 3d file merge, you can end up with the extension ".mkv3d" or something to that effect... Your media player may not recognize that as a valid playable video file. Simply change the extension back to ".mkv" and try to play it again. And depending on your media player, you may have to manually put it into 3d playback mode too....
Thank you very much for the hints and tips. I will finally give go on Saturday to mix the 3D and atmos together.
post #47 of 164 Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
I'm doing Wonder Woman 3D Atmos this weekend: remind me the process in MKVToolNix?

I've done some simple muxing of commentary tracks, but it's been several months.

Do you have to save out the Atmos audio track to an MKA file and then mux that into the 3D MVC file? Or can you do it in one step starting with the 2D and 3D MKV files?

Thanks.
Pull the 3D version and 2D versions using MakeMKV, selecting the tracks you need. Open MKVToolNix, drag both versions you ripped in. Select the 3D Video Track and the 2D atmos track and run it.
ShoutingMan likes this.
post #48 of 164 Old 09-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Here it is visually. I didn't appreciate until this effort that it was a one-step in MKVToolNix. I thought I had to two step it with an intermediate export of the Atmos track.
  1. Drag the first MKV into MKVToolNix'x Multiplexer window
  2. Drag the second MKV and choose "Add as new source file..."
  3. De-select the 2D video, the duplicate subtitles and descriptive audio, add or keep any of the other audio tracks
  4. Set your destination file and click Start Multiplexing
  5. Let it run. There will be Warnings about UID conflicts.
  6. As a bonus step, bring the mux'ed MKV into the header editor and fix the UIDs
  7. And save out the tweaked MKV
  8. Add to your server / library system of choice and enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 1.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	2286822   Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 2.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2286824   Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 3.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	2286826   Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 4.PNG
Views:	77
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	2286828   Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 5.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	2286830  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 6.PNG
Views:	74
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2286832   Click image for larger version

Name:	WW 3D Atmos 7.PNG
Views:	69
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	2286834  
SuperFist and Hellohowareyou like this.

Last edited by ShoutingMan; 09-23-2017 at 08:05 AM.
post #49 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
Here it is visually. I didn't appreciate until this effort that it was a one-step in MKVToolNix. I thought I had to two step it with an intermediate export of the Atmos track.
  1. Drag the first MKV into MKVToolNix'x Multiplexer window
  2. Drag the second MKV and choose "Add as new source file..."
  3. De-select the 2D video, the duplicate subtitles and descriptive audio, add or keep any of the other audio tracks
  4. Set your destination file and click Start Multiplexing
  5. Let it run. There will be Warnings about UID conflicts.
  6. As a bonus step, bring the mux'ed MKV into the header editor and fix the UIDs
  7. And save out the tweaked MKV
  8. Add to your server / library system of choice and enjoy!
Thank you. I have been trying to mux it in BD ISO, but without much success, as the atmos audio does not seem to work. I may try to reverse engineer the mkv file, you described above to m2ts, and see if that works.

For a 3D MKV file to run, would a Windows 10 laptop with HDMI port work, if run using latest Kodi? I think my laptops have HDMI 1.4. Is there anything else to make sure of? Thanks again.
ShoutingMan likes this.
post #50 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohowareyou View Post
Thank you. I have been trying to mux it in BD ISO, but without much success, as the atmos audio does not seem to work. I may try to reverse engineer the mkv file, you described above to m2ts, and see if that works.

For a 3D MKV file to run, would a Windows 10 laptop with HDMI port work, if run using latest Kodi? I think my laptops have HDMI 1.4. Is there anything else to make sure of? Thanks again.
Stock Kodi can't do MVC 3D in MKV files. I ended up using MPC-HC with MADVR /LAV Filters to get MKV,MVC 3D, and Atmos working. There is a Kodi version called DSPLayer as well, I havent tried that yet.
Hellohowareyou likes this.
post #51 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 06:31 PM

post #52 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Stock Kodi can't do MVC 3D in MKV files. I ended up using MPC-HC with MADVR /LAV Filters to get MKV,MVC 3D, and Atmos working. There is a Kodi version called DSPLayer as well, I havent tried that yet.
This sounds intriguing, best of all it seems to be free (maybe?) Is there a tutorial somewhere for a newbie to try out? Many thanks.

Quote:
WW worked perfect for the 3D + ATMOS track

Zidoo X8

Spoiler!

Zidoo is a great ready made solution, and I would get it also, I think. I just want to see if I can run some in house solution first. Already, I diligently tried the ISO/ tsMuxer route over the weekend, but went nowhere. If anyone's interested, here is the link to my problem going the m2ts/ISO route.
post #53 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
This sounds intriguing, best of all it seems to be free (maybe?) Is there a tutorial somewhere for a newbie to try out? Many thanks.

[/SPOILER]

Zidoo is a great ready made solution, and I would get it also, I think. I just want to see if I can run some in house solution first. Already, I diligently tried the ISO/ tsMuxer route over the weekend, but went nowhere. If anyone's interested, here is the link to my problem going the m2ts/ISO route.

from what I can see, tsmuxer isn't recognizing the ATMOS track in my WW 3D + ATMOS MKV file. Latest binary is from January 2014 maybe it can't handle ATMOS tracks?
post #54 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
from what I can see, tsmuxer isn't recognizing the ATMOS track in my WW 3D + ATMOS MKV file. Latest binary is from January 2014 maybe it can't handle ATMOS tracks?
It does actually recognize atmos, if you go through this route when converting from mkv to m2ts. But the Blu-ray discs already came with m2ts files, so, in theory, it shouldn't be a problem. But it is

Funny thing is, the tsMuxer shows atmos is present when you view the Blu-ray ISO playlist. Trouble is happening when you Mux the two playlists to a new ISO.
post #55 of 164 Old 09-25-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
It does actually recognize atmos, if you go through this route when converting from mkv to m2ts. But the Blu-ray discs already came with m2ts files, so, in theory, it shouldn't be a problem. But it is

Funny thing is, the tsMuxer shows atmos is present when you view the Blu-ray ISO playlist. Trouble is happening when you Mux the two playlists to a new ISO.

hi, I just tried that method and was able to get it to work. I first used gMKVextract to extract the THD file from the original 3D /ATMOS mkv. I then processed the ATMOS track with eacto -> THD + AC3, file went from 4.4GB -> 5.0 GB I then renamed it *.ac3

TSMuxer

• added the original 3D MKV I made with make mkv + mkvtoolnix (used to merge 2D BD ATMOS + 3D MVC MKV)
  • added the *.ac3 file

export to BD ISO.

I can play it back perfect on my Dune 4K solo + ATMOS, audio sync is dead on. Dune 4K Solo cannot playe 3D MVC MKV files so this is good to see the 3D ISO working.

I will burn it to a BD and see if it plays on a traditional player like my Panasonic UB900.

post #56 of 164 Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
hi, I just tried that method and was able to get it to work. I first used gMKVextract to extract the THD file from the original 3D /ATMOS mkv. I then processed the ATMOS track with eacto -> THD + AC3, file went from 4.4GB -> 5.0 GB I then renamed it *.ac3

TSMuxer

• added the original 3D MKV I made with make mkv + mkvtoolnix (used to merge 2D BD ATMOS + 3D MVC MKV)
  • added the *.ac3 file

export to BD ISO.

I can play it back perfect on my Dune 4K solo + ATMOS, audio sync is dead on. Dune 4K Solo cannot playe 3D MVC MKV files so this is good to see the 3D ISO working.

I will burn it to a BD and see if it plays on a traditional player like my Panasonic UB900.

Nice work Zombie! Please update us if you can create a BD, I would love a hard copy that would also play in my player vs using a computer.

Quote:
This is the guide I started with, https://www.avforums.com/threads/gui...madvr.2030649/

But it didnt work completely, I had to play with a couple options. The main thing was that when referencing using the LAV decoders, I installed them and configured them, but they didn't work externally I think. I ended up copying them into the MPC-HC directory. These are my notes I wrote in a notepad so if I had reinstall haha

Instal MPC-HC
Install LAV filters with MVC extra pack
Check config of LAV second tab for MVC H264
Overwrite LAV filters in MPC_HC with installed ones
Install MAD VR
Set output in MPC-HC to MAD VR
Open a movie, double click MAD VR on tray icon
Under renderer turn on 3d and click use 3d option
Close MPC-HC
Open Nvidia control panel, turn on stereo 3d and do the small setup (3dtv play not needed)
Start MPC-HC , open 3d movie, go to fullscreen

For bitstreaming, open internal filters in options, audio decoder, set bitstreams
SuperFist and Hellohowareyou like this.

Last edited by grendelrt; 09-26-2017 at 04:51 AM.
post #57 of 164 Old 09-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

I can't really thank zombie10k and grendelrt enough for your hard work and suggestions. Yes zombie, I am very interested to see if your Blu-ray Disc came out okay.

Now I am following zombie's path to creating BD ISO/m2ts (via the creating an mkv file first).

So, zombie, with regards to creating the initial ripped MKV from the original Blu-ray discs, I am assuming you used the makemkv software. I tried going directly from the disc's m2ts files/ playlists to add to mkvtoolnix. Doing so, I guess took the wrong step as, mkvtoolnix didn't seem interested in adding the MVC 3D file. The AVC H264 was getting added without a problem.

Grendelrt, much thanks for revealing your notepad scratches. I will save it in my notepad

Last edited by Hellohowareyou; 09-26-2017 at 12:20 PM.
post #58 of 164 Old 09-26-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I can't really thank zombie10k and grendelrt enough for your hard work and suggestions. Yes zombie, I am very interested to see if your Blu-ray Disc came out okay.

Now I am following zombie's path to creating BD ISO/m2ts (via the creating an mkv file first).

So, zombie, with regards to creating the initial ripped MKV from the original Blu-ray discs, I am assuming you used the makemkv software. I tried going directly from the disc's m2ts files/ playlists to add to mkvtoolnix. Doing so, I guess took the wrong step as, mkvtoolnix didn't seem interested in adding the MVC 3D file. The AVC H264 was getting added without a problem.

Grendelrt, much thanks for revealing your notepad scratches. I will save it in my notepad

hi, correct I am using the makemkv application and followed all guides in this thread to end up with a 3D MKV + ATMOS track. Then I did the additional steps I listed above.

I burned the 3D BD ISO to a 50GB blank disk and it plays perfect in my Panasonic UB900 -> JVC Projector 3D + ATMOS to my Denon 7200.

post #59 of 164 Old 09-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
hi, correct I am using the makemkv application and followed all guides in this thread to end up with a 3D MKV + ATMOS track. Then I did the additional steps I listed above.

I burned the 3D BD ISO to a 50GB blank disk and it plays perfect in my Panasonic UB900 -> JVC Projector 3D + ATMOS to my Denon 7200.

Killer! This is a great option, I can keep a hard copy with my original disc and try it out on my oppo, thanks for figuring this out zombie. What BDR media brand do you use? And what burning software?

Last edited by grendelrt; 09-27-2017 at 06:15 AM.
post #60 of 164 Old 09-27-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Killer! This is a great option, I can keep a hard copy with my original disc and try it out on my oppo, thanks for figuring this out zombie. What BDR media brand do you use? And what burning software?
no problem, I'm glad it worked. I'm using these discs, about $2 a piece. never burned a bad one so they are good media.

https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Blu-...dp/B0056DV0L4/

I'm using Imageburn and just burning the ISO to BD, no other software changes. The UB900 saw the disc and just started playing the movie in 3D.

http://www.imgburn.com/
grendelrt and Hellohowareyou like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page