Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #61 of 120 Old 12-06-2018, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thumbs up

Super easy, hassle free install. (free w/my self install 1 yr Epic service), ( ~$20/mo discount as I have a TMobile account)

Main box- connect RJ45 internet cable (Frontier 50/50 service), connect hdmi to Samsung 40" 4k tv, connect power brick. The box boots, it authorizes itself, done. Ready to go,
Wireless box- connect hdmi to another Samsung 65" 4k tv. Connect power brick. Box connects wirelessly to Main box, automatically, and authorizes itself, boots, done. No human intervention for network connectivity.

Picture quality exceptional, no matter the source of the program/channel. Remote control programming only goes as far as power on/off, volume, muting. Easy to do, just read the instructions. Remote uses 2 ea AAA batteries.

I've emailed Layer3tv on a few programs I would like, a few improvements that would be welcome.

Customer service in online chat is stellar.
Things I'd like to see improved-

-Can't make Favorites, ugh
- Better organization of channel number assignments AND types of programs. (exaggeration: news, sports, local channels are mixed around)
Keep locals grouped, news grouped, sports grouped, music vids grouped, Discovery programs in a group, Religion programing grouped.

- DVR - 30 sec fast forward, 30 sec rewind -NONE EXISTENT. (I want to do commercial skipping.)

The DVR works great, free multiroom !! TheSet top box SEARCH capabilities are powerfull, and the returned search results are impressive, easy to work with.
Changing channels is FAST !

I am happy with it all, so far.
Probably going to keep learning/evaluating, order 2 more wireless boxes, and end Frontier tv service.
tenthplanet and WVZR1 like this.

Last edited by me75006; 12-07-2018 at 04:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 120 Old 12-07-2018, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I was maybe expecting you back a day earlier.

I was told 'wireless' effectiveness was limited to 30' or less. 2 more boxes I'd think MoCA maybe preferred if Ethernet not available at the locations. I have just a MAIN and a LITE both connected with Ethernet.

Favorites? - I don't use but a single USER ID but if you add various USER ID then the 'HOME SCREEN' populates based on that USER ID. I believe I was told by another user that the 'TIME OF DAY' also is used for 'HOME SCREEN' population. The system seems to learn!!! I've never paid attention.

DVR isn't TiVo but seems quite manageable. A feature I like is once something is recorded, if it becomes available VOD in 2 - 5 days or whenever and you launch that program, episode you'll be presented with an 'ON DEMAND' option for replay also as well as your 'recording'.

I'd think that once you familiarize yourself with the 'HOME SCREEN' the 8 links in the top right will populate and offer likely what most interests you or that user. The 'HISTORY BAR' seems to be a very useful tool also.

I'm going on 6 months and still learning. Compared to local options for content and PQ I have no issues.

In both rooms I use Layer3TV through my receivers. I can't do T-Mobile here! Might work 'outside' but I'm told likely 'never' indoors!!

CHAT support is certainly very good.
post #63 of 120 Old 12-07-2018, 12:31 PM

History bar is a big help.
Also Fast Forward, Rewind, Play can be use to get through commercials on a dvr recording, not as easy as a 30 sec skip feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 120 Old 12-08-2018, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I decided to join. I opted for a self install with the Layer3 and they sent me a used unit. The install gave me an error which they could not fix remotely, so they scheduled an in person install for the next day. The box I got had been assigned to another account and they could not deassign it. I ended up with a brand new box.

My initial impressions are that the box is definitely 1 or 2 generation step up from my old Dish VIP-722 unit. It is a little glitchy - most of the hiccups seem to be in the small preview screens on the home screen that get messed up for a few seconds before correcting. The quality of the 1080P picture is much better than the Dish 1080i quality I had on almost every channel I tried.

The DVR function seems powerful, yet a little clunky to tape whole series. I will get more familiar over time. Overall, I think I feel comfortable enough to cancel my DISH subscription at this point.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - Dual HK Citation 7.1 - Lintwitz Orion Mains - Dynaudio Contour Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #65 of 120 Old 12-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsterla View Post
I decided to join. I opted for a self install with the Layer3 and they sent me a used unit. The install gave me an error which they could not fix remotely, so they scheduled an in person install for the next day. The box I got had been assigned to another account and they could not deassign it. I ended up with a brand new box.

My initial impressions are that the box is definitely 1 or 2 generation step up from my old Dish VIP-722 unit. It is a little glitchy - most of the hiccups seem to be in the small preview screens on the home screen that get messed up for a few seconds before correcting. The quality of the 1080P picture is much better than the Dish 1080i quality I had on almost every channel I tried.

The DVR function seems powerful, yet a little clunky to tape whole series. I will get more familiar over time. Overall, I think I feel comfortable enough to cancel my DISH subscription at this point.
How fast a connection do you have from your ISP? Your issue seems unusual. The 4 top left generally populate 'right now'. Do you just have the 1 MAIN or a LITE box also? I'd think PQ is certainly a + vs Dish. The 'previously installed' or whatever seems unusual also. Mine was a 'NEW' with new cables, power bricks and HDMI cables still in sealed packages.
post #66 of 120 Old 12-09-2018, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
How fast a connection do you have from your ISP? Your issue seems unusual. The 4 top left generally populate 'right now'. Do you just have the 1 MAIN or a LITE box also? I'd think PQ is certainly a + vs Dish. The 'previously installed' or whatever seems unusual also. Mine was a 'NEW' with new cables, power bricks and HDMI cables still in sealed packages.
I have Spectrum with a hard wired Ethernet connection measured at a pretty reliable 200Mbs download speed. Right now I just have the one main box because I only have one TV in my house. The glitchy small screens happen from time to time, but I have not spent a lot of time watching it today. I will monitor it.

As for the original unit they sent, it had obvious scuffs all over it. The accessories like the remote and cables were new. The replacement was brand new. You can see that there was not a mark on it anywhere.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - Dual HK Citation 7.1 - Lintwitz Orion Mains - Dynaudio Contour Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #67 of 120 Old 12-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Sunday- placed order via chat, for two additional wireless boxes.

I continue to be pleased & impressed.

Requested addition of:
MeTV
GetTV
GRIT

nice locals to have available. If your package doesn't have them, ask Layer3tv, thanks !
post #68 of 120 Old 12-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Smile

an example of being an un-cable company.

(refer to previous thread.)

A few hours later, my account has the 2 boxes added, with unique id #'s, AND I have an email with the UPS tracking info and scheduled delivery date, 3 days from today, on the 12th.

Now, this all happens, on a Sunday !

You just don't get that kind of service from your typical cable company.

Last edited by me75006; 12-10-2018 at 05:47 AM.
post #69 of 120 Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM

Did you know - pressing the 0 button will flip to last channel viewed. Press 0 again to flip back.
beerhunt likes this.
post #70 of 120 Old 12-17-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Wireless box(s) will not get past the boot process step "Connecting to your network".

Some 'update' to the wired STB, caused all 3 wireless STB's to NOT connect, to the wired STB. Power cycling & rebooting the wireless STB's would not restore connectivity.

Not cool. Tech support gave me this procedure, which did repair/restore wireless connectivity to the main STB.

** Sync the LITE Box with the main Set-Top-Box (STB) **

1- Bring the affected LITE Box, a the power cord, and an Ethernet cord to the site of the main STB. The STB should be on and already working.

2- Connect the LITE Box to the STB via Ethernet.

3- Move HDMI from STB to LITE (so you can watch what it is doing).

4- Connect power to LITE. (main STB must remain on, and connected by ethernet)

5- Allow the Lite Box to boot up and confirm that it is getting programming (can watch live TV)

6- Disconnect power from LITE

7- Disconnect Ethernet from LITE.

8- Connect power to LITE and verify working wireless (can still watch live TV)

9- Now you can move the LITE to where you want it. Plug it up to HDMI then power.

editorial comment: Seems like a firmware update, could be written, to prevent this. It is an inconvenience, big time, for the home owner to do this.
beerhunt likes this.
post #71 of 120 Old 12-23-2018, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by me75006 View Post
Some 'update' to the wired STB, caused all 3 wireless STB's to NOT connect, to the wired STB. Power cycling & rebooting the wireless STB's would not restore connectivity.

Not cool. Tech support gave me this procedure, which did repair/restore wireless connectivity to the main STB.

** Sync the LITE Box with the main Set-Top-Box (STB) **

1- Bring the affected LITE Box, a the power cord, and an Ethernet cord to the site of the main STB. The STB should be on and already working.

2- Connect the LITE Box to the STB via Ethernet.

3- Move HDMI from STB to LITE (so you can watch what it is doing).

4- Connect power to LITE. (main STB must remain on, and connected by ethernet)

5- Allow the Lite Box to boot up and confirm that it is getting programming (can watch live TV)

6- Disconnect power from LITE

7- Disconnect Ethernet from LITE.

8- Connect power to LITE and verify working wireless (can still watch live TV)

9- Now you can move the LITE to where you want it. Plug it up to HDMI then power.

editorial comment: Seems like a firmware update, could be written, to prevent this. It is an inconvenience, big time, for the home owner to do this.

I subscribed to Layer 3 back in late August in the DFW market and immediately started having this issue with the lite boxes losing connectivity. They sent techs to the house who claimed it was indeed a bad firmware issue and engineering was aware and working on a fix. After having this be a daily occurrence, I sent back 3 lite boxes in November and subscribed to the base DirectTv Now package for those rooms to get reliable sevice in the there (3 boxes were $30 / DTVN is $40). yeah, it's another $10, but that kept everyone happy. Now I've just got the DVR box and one lite box connected via MOCA.

For the last few weeks, the issue now is the DVR box reboots a couple of times a day and has issues recording (nothing recording for several days in a row last week). Has anyone had issues with the DVR service lately? The entire reason I came to L3 was to have a real DVR for football season and now it doesn't work half the time. I'm seriously thinking about dropping the service if this continues. Really sad, as I had high hopes for this...

HD Junkie
post #72 of 120 Old 12-24-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiOS ConVert View Post
I subscribed to Layer 3 back in late August in the DFW market and immediately started having this issue with the lite boxes losing connectivity. They sent techs to the house who claimed it was indeed a bad firmware issue and engineering was aware and working on a fix. After having this be a daily occurrence, I sent back 3 lite boxes in November and subscribed to the base DirectTv Now package for those rooms to get reliable sevice in the there (3 boxes were $30 / DTVN is $40). yeah, it's another $10, but that kept everyone happy. Now I've just got the DVR box and one lite box connected via MOCA.

For the last few weeks, the issue now is the DVR box reboots a couple of times a day and has issues recording (nothing recording for several days in a row last week). Has anyone had issues with the DVR service lately? The entire reason I came to L3 was to have a real DVR for football season and now it doesn't work half the time. I'm seriously thinking about dropping the service if this continues. Really sad, as I had high hopes for this...
You might call in, and request a replacement box.
Explain the problems you have been seeing.

On dvr recordings, after the learning curve, no problems.

When I set up a recording to happen, I always wait for the confirmation 'pop up box' that tells me the dvr succeeded in registering the event. You may want to assure you are doing all the steps, clicking the necessary boxes, yada yada yada

My wired stb, rarely reboots itself.

I wish they would disable the 'sleep' function, and add a power on/off switch to the front of the box, to make it easier to do a power cycle.

One time, my ISP, Frontier, had some slow speed problems, which is rare, and while getting the Frontier system/IP address corrected, it caused problems for the wired Layer3 box. Everything wanted to act up at the same time.
post #73 of 120 Old 12-24-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You might call in, and request a replacement box.
Explain the problems you have been seeing.

On dvr recordings, after the learning curve, no problems.

When I set up a recording to happen, I always wait for the confirmation 'pop up box' that tells me the dvr succeeded in registering the event. You may want to assure you are doing all the steps, clicking the necessary boxes, yada yada yada

My wired stb, rarely reboots itself.

I wish they would disable the 'sleep' function, and add a power on/off switch to the front of the box, to make it easier to do a power cycle.

One time, my ISP, Frontier, had some slow speed problems, which is rare, and while getting the Frontier system/IP address corrected, it caused problems for the wired Layer3 box. Everything wanted to act up at the same time.

Thanks - I've spent over 90 minutes between two calls with their tech support and did ask to have the box replaced. I was told that it wasn't a hardware issue, but a software issue, so replacing wouldn't help. The DVR was doing fine until recently, so not sure what happened. It's behaved for about 24 hours now, so I'll wait and see.

HD Junkie
post #74 of 120 Old 12-25-2018, 06:59 AM

I considered the discounts, features, stb costs, and that it is a 'start up' venture. I decided I can allow a years worth of 'we are growing/engineering knows about that' in using them.
While they might just still be sticking one toe in the water, I'll live with that. Hopefully they'll lisyten to the users, and funds providing, act upon user feedback.

I still want more locals added in; MeTV, GetTV, GRIT, Family Entertainment TV, for starters.
post #75 of 120 Old 12-27-2018, 07:35 PM

It took a couple more phone calls, but they finally sent a tech to the house today to swap the box. The replacement is working fine, so hopefully smooth sailing. The tech did say that they are testing a new box from another manufacturer that will have some new features and a larger hard drive. The new box is supposedly targeted for Q3 2019 rollout. I asked if it was related to the T-Mobile streaming service and he said it was not and was for use with legacy Layer 3 customers. No idea if that was BS.

HD Junkie
post #76 of 120 Old 12-28-2018, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 470
How's the 4K offerings with Layer 3? Any sports? HDR?
TIA

LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #77 of 120 Old 12-31-2018, 10:14 AM

TV Everywhere

When obtaining access to a Program, You can sign in to TV network apps and websites with the same Layer3 TV username and password you use to sign in to the Customer Portal.

Latest detail, (not mentioned) is to set your 'cable provider' as T Mobile.

I had tried use of Layer3 variations, where they were in the selection lists, however they did not work.

Last edited by me75006; 12-31-2018 at 10:19 AM.
post #78 of 120 Old 12-31-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
When obtaining access to a Program, You can sign in to TV network apps and websites with the same Layer3 TV username and password you use to sign in to the Customer Portal.

Latest detail, (not mentioned) is to set your 'cable provider' as T Mobile.

I had tried use of Layer3 variations, where they were in the selection lists, however they did not work.
I use Layer3TV as provider, I believe you used a T-Mobile 'relationship' for your subscription so I'd think that might have impacted you because of that.

The one thing I found as being a nuisance was in the guide/DVR scheduler SEASON/EPISODE missing so I originated my own using TITAN TV. Missing only a couple channel ICONS I was able to create a much better GUIDE. I had used TITAN TV for years just because it seemed more functional than the Xfinity/TiVo options previously. I passed the suggestion on to them complete with 'SCREENSHOTS' and they seemed quite disinterested.

Layer3 does for me what I 'hired' them to do - PQ in a remote location where OTA isn't an option, cable, Dish and DirecTV are lacking in PQ and price . I'm 5 months in and I've few complaints. It ain't TiVo but I'm becoming very familiar. I don't miss Xfinity!! I've a MAIN and a 'hardwired' LITE.
post #79 of 120 Old 01-16-2019, 08:23 AM

Received update 15jan19-fonda today and I'm interested in knowing what it was meant to address. A CSR didn't pass the 'test' I mentioned only -fonda. Watched/unwatched issue doesn't seem to have been addressed. I got the update maybe 3:30 EST or so this AM and immediately had an issue with a VOD request. I was using the LITE box (which is hardwired) so I've no idea if the MAIN had similar issues. A couple hours later the MAIN addressed a restart of VOD @ 1:16 or beginning.

I'm in Wash DC market but I'd assume 15jan19-fonda would have been pushed to all.

Settings > account - bundle Version #
post #80 of 120 Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 8767 Post(s)
Liked: 5539
Are LAyer3TV costs still over $100 a month?
I remember researching them when they first offered service in the DC area. And the cost was pretty high. But back then the FiOS quality was better than it is now. FiOS video quality is crap now.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #81 of 120 Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Are LAyer3TV costs still over $100 a month?
I remember researching them when they first offered service in the DC area. And the cost was pretty high. But back then the FiOS quality was better than it is now. FiOS video quality is crap now.
Price it seems should be negotiable - support is generally 'outstanding'. You would do well with it! It ain't TiVo but I'm quite remote and I thought it a more appropriate option than anything available to me. I got what I was after - Picture Quality. I've a PN64F8500 that hasn't looked this good for years using Xfinity.

If a person has a HSI, no Internet CAPS and there's no OTA options > it seems to make sense. I've a package that is only a MAIN and 1 LITE, I'm under $100 until July I believe and then based upon other options that have become available maybe it will remain very negotiable $$$. T-Mobile users seem to be able to get discounts. T-mobile for me isn't an option.

The T-Mobile buy of Layer3 seems to have made it a much more desirable option - 'if available'.

***You've a very sophisticated 'network' best I recall so I doubt (but certainly don't know) just how you could integrate Layer3 to your Network. Network for me certainly isn't an issue - I was interested in very good to best for PQ and replacing Xfinity. Works for me!!!
aaronwt likes this.

Last edited by WVZR1; 01-16-2019 at 10:01 AM.
post #82 of 120 Old 01-21-2019, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I have been with Layer3TV in DFW for a little over a year. I have a WiFi connected Lite TV box that works OK for the most part. Yes I have seen recording issue on the Main box but it has been OK for the last few months.
My big complaint is the CSR's take way too long to pass the complaints over to engineering and ask many questions. They are there for you when you open a ticket or call but........
I have been complaining about Motion Artifacts on KTVT-11 since December. Still not resolved. OTA looks fine so I am 99% sure it is not the station.
Have you seen these pauses with the audio still good on KTVT DFW
Johnny S.
post #83 of 120 Old 01-21-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStigler View Post
I have been with Layer3TV in DFW for a little over a year. I have a WiFi connected Lite TV box that works OK for the most part. Yes I have seen recording issue on the Main box but it has been OK for the last few months.
My big complaint is the CSR's take way too long to pass the complaints over to engineering and ask many questions. They are there for you when you open a ticket or call but........
I have been complaining about Motion Artifacts on KTVT-11 since December. Still not resolved. OTA looks fine so I am 99% sure it is not the station.
Have you seen these pauses with the audio still good on KTVT DFW
Johnny S.
Yes, I've seen the issue with CBS 11. It's annoying and you are correct, with OTA it is not an issue. They came out an replaced our DVR in late December and that resolved the issues I had. For now, everything seems okay with the exception of a slight hiccup here and there like on CBS 11. Based on conversations I've had with the two different techs that have come to the house in the past few months, it sounds like T-Mobile has invested in them and made some process and management changes to improve the base Layer3 service in order to get the future T-Mobile streaming platform moving. The last tech also stated they are moving to a different manufacturer for the DVR and lite boxes and those will start being installed late summer or fall. I'm going to stick with them until my year is up in late August and re evaluate things then as I think (hope) Layer3 may finally be figuring this out.
aaronwt likes this.

HD Junkie
post #84 of 120 Old 01-21-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Yes, I've seen the issue with CBS 11. It's annoying and you are correct, with OTA it is not an issue. They came out an replaced our DVR in late December and that resolved the issues I had. For now, everything seems okay with the exception of a slight hiccup here and there like on CBS 11. Based on conversations I've had with the two different techs that have come to the house in the past few months, it sounds like T-Mobile has invested in them and made some process and management changes to improve the base Layer3 service in order to get the future T-Mobile streaming platform moving. The last tech also stated they are moving to a different manufacturer for the DVR and lite boxes and those will start being installed late summer or fall. I'm going to stick with them until my year is up in late August and re evaluate things then as I think (hope) Layer3 may finally be figuring this out.
I ain't in DFW so I can't comment on the KTVT 11 issue but I'd be interested in what SW Version you guys are on -

I mentioned 15Jan19-fonda a few posts ago and I've seen no responses after asking here. If a person has OTA options (I don't) maybe there's much more to consider before considering L3TV - there wasn't for me. It would be great to see a little more activity here than maybe the 'redit' conversations. I don't do FB or any of that so I've no idea the discussions going on there!

********In defense of L3TV > they can only push what's provided to them to start with! What other streaming service offers KTVT 11

Last edited by WVZR1; 01-21-2019 at 09:59 AM.
post #85 of 120 Old 01-29-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I ain't in DFW so I can't comment on the KTVT 11 issue but I'd be interested in what SW Version you guys are on -

I mentioned 15Jan19-fonda a few posts ago and I've seen no responses after asking here. If a person has OTA options (I don't) maybe there's much more to consider before considering L3TV - there wasn't for me. It would be great to see a little more activity here than maybe the 'redit' conversations. I don't do FB or any of that so I've no idea the discussions going on there!

********In defense of L3TV > they can only push what's provided to them to start with! What other streaming service offers KTVT 11

Locast on my Roku, provides KTVT. (www.locast.org)

No video problems with KTVT on my Layer3 boxes. (except if my Frontier fios gets whacky)

15jan19-fonda; if it matters.
post #86 of 120 Old 02-07-2019, 01:37 PM

and Layer3 equipment presumed to be included.....

T-Mobile's New Home TV Service to Launch in First Half of 2019

https://www.lightreading.com/video/v...d/d-id/749339?
aaronwt likes this.
post #87 of 120 Old 02-27-2019, 03:00 PM

When I first installed my Lite boxes, wireless, they worked really good. Then there was some update, and the 3 lite boxes would require 10-15 second power removal, before they would reconnect to the main box.

Arranged for a Layer3 tech to come out, no charge, nice !

We used existing coax wiring leftover from Verizon/Frontier days, to connect all 3 lite boxes to the DVR box. No more wireless connectivity issues.

The tech had several connection scenarios we could try, and switching over to existing coax was the easiest. It only took about an hour. It was a very easy experience from placing a request, scheduling, to achieving satisfactory results.

aaronwt and beerhunt like this.

Last edited by me75006; 02-27-2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling
post #88 of 120 Old 02-28-2019, 03:40 AM

Found new Bundle Version#: 22feb19-griswold

at DVR.
Will observe.
post #89 of 120 Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Found new Bundle Version#: 22feb19-griswold

at DVR.
Will observe.
I received this 'version' on my MAIN this AM but my Ethernet connected LITE is still on the old. The 'watched/unwatched' DVR hasn't been addressed which was maybe one of my primary concerns.

The 'GREEN' button doesn't any longer 'CLEAR' HISTORY - It's now a dedicated 'button' extreme left on the HISTORY bar. I can't say that I'm impressed. The 'fonts' on the main menu certainly aren't as 'crisp' as the older presentations.

It will be interesting to see how long the LITE might continue with the 15Jan19-fonda
post #90 of 120 Old 02-28-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I received this 'version' on my MAIN this AM but my Ethernet connected LITE is still on the old. The 'watched/unwatched' DVR hasn't been addressed which was maybe one of my primary concerns.

The 'GREEN' button doesn't any longer 'CLEAR' HISTORY - It's now a dedicated 'button' extreme left on the HISTORY bar. I can't say that I'm impressed. The 'fonts' on the main menu certainly aren't as 'crisp' as the older presentations.

It will be interesting to see how long the LITE might continue with the 15Jan19-fonda
All 3 Lites & DVR, are on 22feb19-griswold

(everybody on coax)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page