Layer3 TV - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #151 of 164 Old 07-20-2019, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I have a dedicated 1gb connection through the City of Longmont. With such a connection, you should never see buffering, drops, skips, etc. and "Hang Tight". The main box connected to the router via MOCA. And the Router is connected to the city provided modem. The Denver based Layer 3 data center is about 50 miles from here and there is a direct network trunk from there to the City of Longmont.

So, with all that, I have truncated recordings, skips, drops, freezes, etc. They are not frequent, but they happen. And, it certainly is not a capacity or networking issue.

These issues fluctuated, with each update since T-Mobile took over, and started making "enhancements". Beginning with March's release, "stable; is not an apt description of being with T-Vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStigler View Post
On Friday 7-12-2019 the gateway recordings are partial or not recorded. ReBoot twice according to the wife. One soap opera did record and was partially watched. Signed off the STB properly and came back latter and the Soap Opera was nowhere to be found. 5:30pm & 6pm news not recorded.
TMobile has really gotten this Layer3 TV to be UNRELIABLE.
I requested engineering to make available the telemetry interface for the customer gateway so we can get a better handle on the hang tight or retry. Also the internet pings. Red, Yellow or Green. Tech support can see this so why can't the consumer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 07-20-2019, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Saturday 7-20-2019
The latest update has helped on the reliability. I was good all evening until the sports on the 10PM news. It popped up Looks Like You are Finished watching this program. The Gateway was not locked up as you could go to other DVR pgm's or the guide for live. Going back to the DVR and the 10PM news was gone.
Johnny S.
post #153 of 164 Old 07-21-2019, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 51
A year ago I had a reason to 'try' something other than 'Comcast/Xfinity' - I'm rural with no OTA options. I had used TiVo and Xfinity for years and was concerned about HDD DVR Storage. I thought this possibly a very capable solution that would get me 'Picture Quality" that I hadn't had for a very long time! I went for months with very few issues, VERY FEW!

Then T-Mobile decided to attempt a 'rebranding' of the package! I call it 'MAGENTA'! Their mix of TVE using T-Mobile subscription portal, T-Vision still using L3TV Privacy and financial agreements, L3TV support portal and numerous other L3TV protocol or call it what you like! It's a damn mess and rather than struggle for the next several months I believe I'm just moving on.

I've substantial TiVo hardware that's 'paid for' - has been very reliable 'for ever' and until this 'outfit' figures it out I just need to move on.

None of the T-Vision works if you don't have an active connection through the T-Vision/L3TV/T-Mobile 'portal'! Satellite service struggles with RAIN/SNOW but content on HDD is still available, Xfinity/Tivo content always available requiring only 'power' and a display!

I'm just going to 'BOX IT UP' and move on. I've given them nearly 13 months - no more!

PQ - 'never an issue'

They 'BLEW' 4K content that actually should have been available to them since first of year! FOX did 4K NASCAR from both Dover and Kansas. It should have been available through them! FiOS actually did Kansas using QAM!

Would I return? Very likely!!!!

A 2TB HDD & a better guide would maybe be a game changer! NEST, VOICE and the rest of the BU!!***** is of no value to me. PQ, reliability & storage!

I never got a grip over their connection 'status' - I kept a PC on a wired connection for over 7 months right next to the MAIN box - they mentioned 'connection' status as anything other than 'GREEN' I sent them immediately a network status using Netflix portal.

They've issues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the WASH DC DMA and I can't relate to issues from any other DMA but it seems there should be 'very few' if they've quality Engineers!

Termination with them can be an experience! I had a month credit (paid for) and I asked for a return package! THAT DAY THEY SHUT DOWN THE ACCOUNT! They say 3 - 5 days for the box and then 5 - 10 days for outstanding credits after they receive equipment. I've no idea what to expect!
aaronwt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 164 Old 07-31-2019, 07:38 AM

Liked: 21
Just noticed:

18july19-oxford
post #155 of 164 Old 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me75006 View Post
Just noticed:

18july19-oxford
Just checked and I too have 18july19-oxford. The previous July19-Maynard seemed to make the DVR Stable. Hope this doesn't cause any new issues. All Pgm's are recording as long as the internet is stable. Had a 1.5min loss of internet in the middle of a recording last night. I am now monitoring the internet 24/7 with Ping Plotter. Had to pay for this pgm.
Johnny S.
post #156 of 164 Old 08-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Unhappy Outtage 8/8

I am not receiving any stations this am; is there a system outtage ?
Chat started.

Ebony M joined the chat

Ebony M Good morning <removed>l im Ebony with Tvision , at this time we are experiencing a outage with AT&T internet services and it is effecting anyone who uses AT&T as their internet provider
post #157 of 164 Old 08-26-2019, 02:50 PM

bundle version

latest is : 9aug19-pluto
post #158 of 164 Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I haven't seen much information recently so I'll assume maybe things are improving. I'm quite happy to be back to my TiVo. Xfinity 'broadcast' TV and the TiVo does well. Maybe a streaming option to 'compliment' the Xfinity and just adjust. The TiVo DVR options were certainly missed!!! My return was received by them 8/02 and I've heard nothing. No new CC charges so I'll assume they're happy with the condition.

I'm actually happy that I at least tried!
post #159 of 164 Old 08-29-2019, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2261 Post(s)
Liked: 3546
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
I haven't seen much information recently so I'll assume maybe things are improving. I'm quite happy to be back to my TiVo. Xfinity 'broadcast' TV and the TiVo does well. Maybe a streaming option to 'compliment' the Xfinity and just adjust. The TiVo DVR options were certainly missed!!! My return was received by them 8/02 and I've heard nothing. No new CC charges so I'll assume they're happy with the condition.

I'm actually happy that I at least tried!
I had hoped they could have battled with ATT TV, but unless something changes soon I think T-Mobile may have screwed up Layer 3.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #160 of 164 Old 11-14-2019, 10:04 AM

TVision by T-Mobile has gotten much better in the last few months. It is recording all the pgm's. Some of the skips in a recording can be traced back to incoming IP issues.

Chat or a call to customer service has gone in the dumper. Layer3 had great CS agents. Knowledgeable on their product. Today you get the Dallas call center and they are only one step above calling India. I got a good CSR one evening and he was in Springfield.

I needed to change the remote control volume from Panasonic to Sony and after a couple of I Don't Understand on the Chat I just said I will ck back in the morning. I looked around on their help and found the documentation I needed to make this change. Problem solved.

Pic's are very good as long as the internet (Spectrum Dallas) is good.

Disney Plus is alive this week. I may ck it out.

Johnny S.
tenthplanet likes this.
post #161 of 164 Old 11-14-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nice to hear the service is hanging in there, it has promise. I just wish T-Mobile would tell us what their future plans are, they seem to be preoccupied with that Sprint merger.. Anyway..Are they offering NHL Network yet ?

post #162 of 164 Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 AM

Ck here for the guide info on my zipcode.
https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision/channels
I don't see NHL
post #163 of 164 Old 11-15-2019, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 5
It almost seems that T-Mobile wants to drive away existing customers, so they do not have to support two infrastructures. The services has progressively gotten worse. I experience freezes, skips, incomplete recordings, and a situation when I am watching a secondary box, the channel will freeze and rewind to the beginning when I tuned to the channel.

As I noted, in the past, I have a 1GB connection. The problem, is in the Denver data center, which has not been completely fixed. It was a source of an outage a couple month ago, and the Dallas CSR had no idea there was a service outage in Longmont. He said it would take 48 hours fro engineering to fix the problem. It was fixed two hours later, when the City of Longmont NextLight contacted TVsion, in Denver (who also said they did not have a problem), to fix a problem.

And cable companies wonder why 10 million people subscribed to Disney+ on its first day.

For me, I will be looking at alternative options. There is no excuse for the issues I am seeing, with a 1 GB fiber connection. I have far more bandwidth than I could ever use, and Tvision just cannot do much better than those illegal IPTV providers which offer 7000 channels.
post #164 of 164 Old 11-15-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStigler View Post
Ck here for the guide info on my zipcode.
https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision/channels
I don't see NHL
Thanks I thought maybe they would experiment in specific markets before rolling it out system wide.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page