Hulu Live TV Streaming Service Launched in Beta - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #91 of 93 Old 05-17-2020, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Sports fans using Hulu Live TV, are your events recording fully?

Just watched NASCAR recorded on Fox today. Recording cuts off with 38 laps remaining during commercial. There were no station programming announcements or alerts. Obviously went beyond expected guide slot and stopped recording without someone verifying the event had actually concluded. Recorded 3.5 hours and stopped.

Hulu cannot expect sports fans to watch live to avoid this. First Hulu agent says it's a known issue they cannot and will not fix. Chat agent apologizes, gives account credit and assures there's a fix coming soon.

With races upcoming during the week, rather than the usual- just weekends, I doubt this gets a fix soon enough. This was one of the driving issues that caused me to cancel in 2018. Hulu wasn't my choice but the wife signed up. Sports wasn't an issue until I recorded the first instance. No excuses for having same issue in 2020. Edit: ownership of Fox Sports reference removed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by brotony; 05-18-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 05-18-2020, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2556 Post(s)
Liked: 4244
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotony View Post
Sports fans using Hulu Live TV, are your events recording fully?

Just watched NASCAR recorded on Fox today. Recording cuts off with 38 laps remaining during commercial. There were no station programming announcements or alerts. Obviously went beyond expected guide slot and stopped recording without someone verifying the event had actually concluded. Recorded 3.5 hours and stopped.

Hulu cannot expect sports fans to watch live to avoid this. First Hulu agent says it's a known issue they cannot and will not fix. Chat agent apologizes, gives account credit and assures there's a fix coming soon.

With races upcoming during the week, rather than the usual- just weekends, I doubt this gets a fix soon enough. This was one of the driving issues that caused me to cancel in 2018. Hulu wasn't my choice but the wife signed up. Sports wasn't an issue until I recorded the first instance. No excuses for having same issue in 2020. Umm; who owns Hulu and Fox? Two halves of an equation don't factor into a whole? C'mon Disney, get your house in order; aired sports shouldn't be treated as a red headed step child.

Fox network is not owned by Disney, it was never sold by News Corp.
brotony likes this.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #93 of 93 Old 05-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Fox network is not owned by Disney, it was never sold by News Corp.
Correct. My mistake. Thanks. I direct my complaint at Hulu with Live TV then. What may have confused me is that Disney got the Fox stake in Hulu in the deal. The article below better explains it for me.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/20/70500...st-century-fox

Ownership remark removed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
cloud dvr , Hulu , live tv , streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page