Official 2017 (new) Amazon HDR FireTV Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 266Likes

post #541 of 547 Old 01-11-2019, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Fire TV and HW-K850 soundbar

Can anyone tell me if the the new Firestick 4k boasts anything better than the Fire TV dongle? I'm having a helluva time getting Atmos to work with the dongle and my HW-K850 soundbar. It worked with Jack Ryan for 1 episode (episode 3 I think). Not before. Not since. But my PS4 works with Atmos blu rays and the soundbar fine.

Same token, has anyone tried side loading Vudu for Atmos content there?

Note: I've had no real noticeable issues with the dongle, but I bought it for Atmos and I'm frustrated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 547 Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 8838 Post(s)
Liked: 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppate View Post
Can anyone tell me if the the new Firestick 4k boasts anything better than the Fire TV dongle? I'm having a helluva time getting Atmos to work with the dongle and my HW-K850 soundbar. It worked with Jack Ryan for 1 episode (episode 3 I think). Not before. Not since. But my PS4 works with Atmos blu rays and the soundbar fine.

Same token, has anyone tried side loading Vudu for Atmos content there?

Note: I've had no real noticeable issues with the dongle, but I bought it for Atmos and I'm frustrated.

Thanks.
The new stick works with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content. Both of mine are getting Dolby Atmos from Jack Ryan. With one being used with a Vizio 5.1.2 soundbar.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #543 of 547 Old 01-11-2019, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The new stick works with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ content. Both of mine are getting Dolby Atmos from Jack Ryan. With one being used with a Vizio 5.1.2 soundbar.
Both of yours being a FireTV 4k dongle and Firestick 4K or two Firestick 4ks?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 547 Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 8838 Post(s)
Liked: 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppate View Post
Both of yours being a FireTV 4k dongle and Firestick 4K or two Firestick 4ks?

Thanks.
Two FireTV 4K sticks. I still have a Fire TV 4K pendant around somewhere. But I haven't seen it since I installed the Fire TV 4K Sticks at launch. Not sure where I put it. I guess I need to find it. I can keep it at my GFs house to use when I'm there. Along with a 1080P Roku Stick I keep there.
beppate likes this.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #545 of 547 Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Two FireTV 4K sticks. I still have a Fire TV 4K pendant around somewhere. But I haven't seen it since I installed the Fire TV 4K Sticks at launch. Not sure where I put it. I guess I need to find it. I can keep it at my GFs house to use when I'm there. Along with a 1080P Roku Stick I keep there.
Is the fire stick much better than the pendant? I have the latter. I know it does DV which is no big concern, but any other advantages?
post #546 of 547 Old 04-11-2019, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
No Netflix 4k

I know this issue has come up before and I apologize for bringing it up again, but searching this thread for "Netflix 4k" has proven impossible because the search says there are too many instances of "4k" and ignores it. Also, I don't want to read through 500+ messages to get to the one I need.

Anyway, I have a Fire stick 4k and am unable to get 4k content from Netflix. I only get 1080p HDR with the fire stick, but get 2160p HDR with the same content on my Vizio M50-D1's internal Netflix app. I've checked all relevant fire stick and Vizio settings, and don't see anything wrong. I'm using the HDMI 1 input on the Vizio, which supports HDR subsampling, etc., but it's still 1080p only. Am I missing something or am I forced to use the Vizio Netflix app if I want 4k content? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Last edited by JT01; 04-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.
post #547 of 547 Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3731 Post(s)
Liked: 2904
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT01 View Post
I'm know this issue has come up before and I apologize for bringing it up again, but searching this thread for "Netflix 4k" has proven impossible because the search says there are too many instances of "4k" and ignores it. Also, I don't want to read through 500+ messages to get to the one I need.

Anyway, I have a Fire stick 4k and am unable to get 4k content from Netflix. I only get 1080p HDR with the fire stick, but get 2160p HDR with the same content on my Vizio M50-D1's internal Netflix app. I've checked all relevant fire stick and Vizio settings, and don't see anything wrong. I'm using the HDMI 1 input on the Vizio, which supports HDR subsampling, etc., but it's still 1080p only. Am I missing something or am I forced to use the Vizio Netflix app if I want 4k content? Thanks in advance for all replies.
Wrong thread for the 4K Stick, you want THIS ONE.
You might get better results searching that one, this problem has been discussed there.
mrtickleuk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page