Disney Launches Movies Anywhere Streaming Service - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 209Likes

post #421 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
did you figure this out? i'm trying to figure out where to redeem my code in the UHD disc box so i can get UHD quality stream.
if it's a code from an UHD Blu Ray then it should port over to all services as 4k if it's available. I did my Spiderman UHD through sony pictures and it ported over to VUDU as UHD, I already owned the 4k version in itunes so no issue there. but I would like someone to try redeeming an UHD code from the MA app and check if they get the 4k version on all that have it. I just used the app to redeem a regular blu ray digital copy and it ported over to all retailers as HD, I was hoping for 4k in itunes but as we all know apple is mislabeling everything so your not really getting 4k HDR unless you redeem UHD Blu Ray Digital or u buy direct then it will be true 4k. Apple really needs to have something in the movie description that tells the user what they own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 203
[QUOTE=kbmb;54976256] If it's HD and you are looking to get the free iTunes upgrade, then those have to be redeemed on iTunes,

i tried this and the code was not accepted in itunes. It was the amazing spiderman 2. it came with an ultraviolet digital code which i tried entering in itunes because i wanted the dolby vision version from itunes. I ended up redeeming in MA and it ported over as HD :-(
post #423 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 769
[quote=akadennis;54977874]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
If it's HD and you are looking to get the free iTunes upgrade, then those have to be redeemed on iTunes,

i tried this and the code was not accepted in itunes. It was the amazing spiderman 2. it came with an ultraviolet digital code which i tried entering in itunes because i wanted the dolby vision version from itunes. I ended up redeeming in MA and it ported over as HD :-(
Thanks because Sony and Warner Bros haven’t normally done iTunes codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1059
I just got my blade runner uhd disc. Want to redeem in iTunes and Vudu but I’ve seen many people report it’s not porting properly. Anyone successfully redeem blade runner and get both iTunes and Vudu uhd? And verified that it actually streams on Apple TV as 4K on pull down screen. Would like to redeem on MA and be done with it but fear it will get screwed up. Seems like right now it’s a movie by movie case for what’s best.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #425 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
I just got my blade runner uhd disc. Want to redeem in iTunes and Vudu but I’ve seen many people report it’s not porting properly. Anyone successfully redeem blade runner and get both iTunes and Vudu uhd? And verified that it actually streams on Apple TV as 4K on pull down screen. Would like to redeem on MA and be done with it but fear it will get screwed up. Seems like right now it’s a movie by movie case for what’s best.
Blade Runner is Warner, so it's a single redeem on UV or MA. There is a problem with this movie and iTunes (or at least The Final Cut version). People who have it in iTunes haven't had it ported out, and people that have it in Vudu (like me) have had it only port to MA and not make it to iTunes yet.

Last edited by kbmb; 10-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
post #426 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1059
Quote:
Blade Runner is Warner, so it's a single redeem on UV or MA. There is a problem with this movie and iTunes (or at least The Final Cut version). People who have it in iTunes haven't had it ported out, and people that have it in Vudu (like me) have had it only port to MA and not make it to iTunes yet.
Thanks. So do you know where it will show up if I redeem in MA and at what quality?

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #427 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 06:37 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9214 Post(s)
Liked: 5924
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
I redeemed "Starship Troopers" UHD code on MA on Vudu it is showing up as SD and 4K on Apple TV 4K.
I redeemed my Starship Troopers code At Sony this morning. It showed up on UV and Vudu right away. But it nver showed up on MA. So I just unlinked my Vudu account from Movies Anywhere and then relinked it. And Starship Troopers then showed up right away at MA. And then at Amazon, iTunes, Google

So I then realized I never redeemed my UHD Wonder Woman code. So I redeemed it at Vudu. And it showed up right away at Movies Anywhere, Amazon, itunes, and Google. But then Wonder Woman is not showing up on the UV site. This entire process is so confusing now since I want to make sure I have the UHD streaming rights.
I hope they get things straightened out.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #428 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post
Thanks. So do you know where it will show up if I redeem in MA and at what quality?
I don’t know for sure what quality you’ll get if you redeem on MA....maybe someone else can chime in if they redeemed on MA. You can redeem on Vudu for UHD and that should at least port to MA. Then hopefully once iTunes straightens out the issue it’ll port there.
post #429 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I redeemed my Starship Troopers code At Sony this morning. It showed up on UV and Vudu right away. But it nver showed up on MA. So I just unlinked my Vudu account from Movies Anywhere and then relinked it. And Starship Troopers then showed up right away at MA. And then at Amazon, iTunes, Google

So I then realized I never redeemed my UHD Wonder Woman code. So I redeemed it at Vudu. And it showed up right away at Movies Anywhere, Amazon, itunes, and Google. But then Wonder Woman is not showing up on the UV site. This entire process is so confusing now since I want to make sure I have the UHD streaming rights.
I hope they get things straightened out.
Yeah they have to work on getting data for your Vudu account if the movie comes in via a studio site or a sub account. I’ve had to do so many disconnects/reconnects every time I do a D2D on a sub account.

And is your UV account showing everything? They seem to have site problems weekly. They always tell me it’s a known issue and they are working on it.
post #430 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
If the code is UHD, it should be safe to redeem on MA.
I redeemed the UHD code for Underworld tonight in the MA iOS app. Showed up in VUDU as SD It is MIA from iTunes, but showed up in Amazon and Google Play.
post #431 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
I redeemed the UHD code for Underworld tonight in the MA iOS app. Showed up in VUDU as SD It is MIA from iTunes, but showed up in Amazon and Google Play.
I would contact MA and have them get you a replacement code. There is no way a UHD code should give you SD anywhere. Sounds like they haven’t gotten this system working correctly yet.

Before MA, I was focused on Vudu. Think I’ll keep doing that until they can prove they know what they are doing. MA has made things worse.

Which Underworld was it? They aren’t UHD on Vudu. The woman from Movie Anywhere had that interview and said UHD codes will pass UHD to retailers if they have it. Sounds like there is a bug where it’s sending SD to Vudu if they don’t have it UHD.

Also seeming like if Vudu doesn’t have it in UHD and its a Sony code, it might be best to redeem on Sony to make sure you get UHD rights.

Last edited by kbmb; 10-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.
post #432 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would contact MA and have them get you a replacement code. There is no way a UHD code should give you SD anywhere. Sounds like they haven’t gotten this system working correctly yet.

Before MA, I was focused on Vudu. Think I’ll keep doing that until they can prove they know what they are doing. MA has made things worse.

Which Underworld was it? They aren’t UHD on Vudu. The woman from Movie Anywhere had that interview and said UHD codes will pass UHD to retailers if they have it. Sounds like there is a bug where it’s sending SD to Vudu if they don’t have it UHD.

Also seeming like if Vudu doesn’t have it in UHD and its a Sony code, it might be best to redeem on Sony to make sure you get UHD rights.
It is the original Underworld, and yes I realize it's not UHD anywhere. But, I figured if it came into VUDU as HDX, then maybe (!) one day VUDU offers it in UHD, it would recognize my 4K entitlement and upgrade in VUDU and/or move to iTunes in 4K (assuming iTunes gets it in 4K). Because we already know redeeming on SonyPicturesStore/myUV.com won't port over to VUDU->iTunes in 4K, even if iTunes has it in 4K (I confirmed this with 1984 Ghostbusters).

Here's my new strategy for 4K codes. And I come at this from the perspective of an Apple TV 4K user, and I prefer that as my 4K streaming platform:
  • Fox: redeem via iTunes - pushes into iTunes @ 4K no problem. However, only SD/HD in VUDU, although this might get corrected.
  • Warner Bros.: redeem via myuv.com - pushes into iTunes @ 4K no problem. Will be UHD on VUDU if they offer it as such.
  • Sony: redeem via SonyPicturesStore.com unless VUDU offers it in UHD, then redeem via VUDU. Can anyone actually confirm if you redeem a Sony 4K title in VUDU, that VUDU also has in 4K, that it pushes back into myuv.com and/or SonyPicturesStore.com as 4K?
  • Disney: redeem via MA app
  • Universal: redeem via iTunes - should (?) push into iTunes @ 4K, I'll still need to test. Pushes to VUDU as HDX.
  • Paramount/Lionsgate - no freaking clue.
ScottAvery, JJ7 and timdafweak like this.
post #433 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 465
I had Blade Runner in UHD on Vudu from UV redemption prior to the MA switch and it populated my Google Play with a 4k HDR version when everything was linked up.

Neither Serenity nor E.T. UHD codes were recognized by the MA site for me. The main spreadsheet has directions for UV UHD redemption and it looks like you can redeem on iTunes right afterwards. But I don't think either of those titles are on iTunes in UHD. I'm going to hold off on those codes for now because I already have those movies in HD anyways.

I also just redeemed my Spider-man Homecoming disc on MA. UHD rights showed up in Vudu almost instantly. It hasn't shown up in UV yet, but I'm less concerned about that. I think it'll eventually show up, but it hardly matters at this point.
post #434 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post

Neither Serenity nor E.T. UHD codes were recognized by the MA site for me. The main spreadsheet has directions for UV UHD redemption and it looks like you can redeem on iTunes right afterwards. But I don't think either of those titles are on iTunes in UHD. I'm going to hold off on those codes for now because I already have those movies in HD anyways.
Redeem the 4K E.T. code directly into iTunes, and it will populate everywhere (except UV) in HD. I just did this tonight.
post #435 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Redeem the 4K E.T. code directly into iTunes, and it will populate everywhere (except UV) in HD. I just did this tonight.
I don't need an HD redemption of this title as I already owned the title in HD. I'm not doing anything with the code for awhile. The movie is in Google Play in UHD so I would want whatever would give me that. It looks like if I redeem through Fandango Now, I can get UHD in my UV locker, but it will be just as trapped as the Sony titles I redeemed previously.

So, there's awhile before it expires, I'll wait around to see if Vudu adds it in UHD and then revisit redemption on UV.
post #436 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 08:20 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9214 Post(s)
Liked: 5924
Quote:
I don't need an HD redemption of this title as I already owned the title in HD. I'm not doing anything with the code for awhile. The movie is in Google Play in UHD so I would want whatever would give me that. It looks like if I redeem through Fandango Now, I can get UHD in my UV locker, but it will be just as trapped as the Sony titles I redeemed previously.

So, there's awhile before it expires, I'll wait around to see if Vudu adds it in UHD and then revisit redemption on UV.
I just redeemed my E.T code at both Fandango Now and itunes. I don't have an Apple TV, but since it was also redeemed at itunes, wouldn't it show up in 4K? It does show up at Fandango in 4k/HDR. And it also ported over to all the other services. In I guess HD. It's even showing up in my Sony pictures library linked to UV.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #437 of 772 Old 10-18-2017, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

AFAIK, iTunes doesn't have E.T. in UHD. So, it would only be an HD redemption there as well and wouldn't "push" UHD rights to MA.

My goal would be to use the code to get the UHD copy in Google Play, but I don't see a path to that right now.

Last edited by bull3964; 10-18-2017 at 08:31 PM.
post #438 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Additional help for determining how to redeem codes

Came across a UHD fan site where they are trying to log how to redeem codes to ensure UHD. While the spreadsheet was designed before MA, so approaches may have changed, it still appears to be a good additional tool to bookmark (or help update) during this messy UHD transition time. I wouldn't take anything there (or anywhere else) as certain without a second source validation if there is any concern or uncertainty to your specific goal.
Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1361298330
https://plus.google.com/communities/...28277523568176
ScottAvery and sparky7 like this.
post #439 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisb View Post
Came across a UHD fan site where they are trying to log how to redeem codes to ensure UHD. While the spreadsheet was designed before MA, so approaches may have changed, it still appears to be a good additional tool to bookmark (or help update) during this messy UHD transition time. I wouldn't take anything there (or anywhere else) as certain without a second source validation if there is any concern or uncertainty to your specific goal.
Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1361298330
https://plus.google.com/communities/...28277523568176
I recommend using EXTREME caution when referencing the "how to redeem" spreadsheet. The main thing it doesn't consider is your primary viewing platform, i.e. AppleTV 4K, VUDU or Sony ULTRA TV app. Depending how/where you redeem the 4K UHD code, you might indeed get 4K on Apple TV, but only see SD/HD on VUDU. This is especially important with Fox and Sony titles. See my post #432 above, especially if you're an Apple TV 4K user.
ScottAvery likes this.
post #440 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I recommend using EXTREME caution when referencing the "how to redeem" spreadsheet. The main thing it doesn't consider is your primary viewing platform, i.e. AppleTV 4K, VUDU or Sony ULTRA TV app. Depending how/where you redeem the 4K UHD code, you might indeed get 4K on Apple TV, but only see SD/HD on VUDU. This is especially important with Fox and Sony titles. See my post #432 above, especially if you're an Apple TV 4K user.
Yeah this spreadsheet was created and well maintained before iTunes came out with 4K and MA was released. Since then, it's been a nightmare for the mods to stay on top of it with all the changes iTunes has been doing and the unknowns with MA.

I'd say if you are a primary Vudu user, the sheet is fine and you should continue doing as before. If at all possible, redeem on Vudu.

If you are an iTunes user, not sure why you would redeem anywhere else other than iTunes if you have an iTunes code. That will guarantee 4K on iTunes. As for Sony/WB codes, probably best to reference the sheet to understand where you get UHD rights and hope that the MA port and Apple honors them.
post #441 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah this spreadsheet was created and well maintained before iTunes came out with 4K and MA was released. Since then, it's been a nightmare for the mods to stay on top of it with all the changes iTunes has been doing and the unknowns with MA.

I'd say if you are a primary Vudu user, the sheet is fine and you should continue doing as before. If at all possible, redeem on Vudu.

If you are an iTunes user, not sure why you would redeem anywhere else other than iTunes if you have an iTunes code. That will guarantee 4K on iTunes. As for Sony/WB codes, probably best to reference the sheet to understand where you get UHD rights and hope that the MA port and Apple honors them.
If you're an iTunes/Apple TV 4K user and Apple doesn?t yet have the movie in 4K, it's likely better to redeem via SonyPicturesStore.com/myuv.com, because that will ensure your 4K rights are in UV. Unless(!) VUDU has the Sony title in 4K already, then you might as well redeem its there, as iTunes can pull 4K entitlements from VUDU, when iTunes eventually offers it in 4K.

Last edited by Sam S; 10-19-2017 at 05:38 AM.
post #442 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ensuring your rights are UHD in UV may very well be useless at this point though if Vudu never adds the title in UHD.
post #443 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ensuring your rights are UHD in UV may very well be useless at this point though if Vudu never adds the title in UHD.
Correct. But at least you're guaranteed those rights via Sony, any maybe down the road iTunes (and others?) can pull entitlements directly from Sony?
post #444 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
iTunes really is confusing the **** out of me. On my iPad it lists some movies redeemed via Vudu, available in 4K Dolby Vision. Yet on others it doesn't. I confirmed that iTunes does in fact have 4K versions of those 'missing' movies in 4K.

Now on my iMac, iTunes shows ALL my movies as HD. Not sure which one I believe. I am still waiting on my Apple TV 4K to be delivered. But I am going to hold off redeeming codes till I figure it out.
post #445 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdafweak View Post
iTunes really is confusing the **** out of me. On my iPad it lists some movies redeemed via Vudu, available in 4K Dolby Vision. Yet on others it doesn't. I confirmed that iTunes does in fact have 4K versions of those 'missing' movies in 4K.

Now on my iMac, iTunes shows ALL my movies as HD. Not sure which one I believe. I am still waiting on my Apple TV 4K to be delivered. But I am going to hold off redeeming codes till I figure it out.
On a computer, iTunes doesn't not currently indicate what is in 4K at all, since the Mac doesn't support Dolby Vision/HDR, presumably. The latest iPhone and iPad do, so iTunes on iOS does indicate what is in 4K.
timdafweak likes this.

Steve Martin
former ISF Calibrator
If you can see my pixels, you are sitting too close.
Sony XBR75X940D, Sony XBR55X930D, Samsung UBD-K8500, Oppo BDP-103, Oppo BDP-93,
post #446 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

As a primarily Apple TV 4K/iOS/macOS user, I've 'taken a few bullets' for the cause these past few days.

See my post #432 for more 4K redemption insight. I feel pretty good about how to do things at this point.
timdafweak likes this.
post #447 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
As a primarily Apple TV 4K/iOS/macOS user, I've 'taken a few bullets' for the cause these past few days.

See my post #432 for more 4K redemption insight. I feel pretty good about how to do things at this point.
Really, I wanted to thank you for compiling that list. I found your post on SD, which prompted me to look here. I am about to test with a redemption code for District 9.

EDIT: just redeemed Elysium and District 9 on Sony's site. Waiting patiently for them to show up in iTunes. Hopefully they come over as 4K. It didn't happen with "The Nice Guys", which I made the mistake of redeeming on Movies Anywhere (before reading this thread). iTunes has the 4K version, but it came over to iTunes in HD.

Last edited by timdafweak; 10-19-2017 at 06:47 AM.
post #448 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Really, I wanted to thank you for compiling that list. I found your post on SD, which prompted me to look here. I am about to test with a redemption code for District 9.
Yeah my original SD posts referenced how iTunes was (for a few days at least), "upgrading" codes to HD + Dolby Vision/HDR. So you can ignore that part ha.

Quote:
EDIT: just redeemed Elysium and District 9 on Sony's site. Waiting patiently for them to show up in iTunes. Hopefully they come over as 4K. It didn't happen with "The Nice Guys", which I made the mistake of redeeming on Movies Anywhere (before reading this thread). iTunes has the 4K version, but it came over to iTunes in HD.
I don't think either Elysium or D9 is available in 4K via iTunes, so you wouldn't expect them to show up in 4K.
timdafweak likes this.
post #449 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I don't think either Elysium or D9 is available in 4K via iTunes, so you wouldn't expect them to show up in 4K.
Actually District 9 is available in 4K, and it just showed up in my list. Elysium on the other hand, you're right isn't in 4K (yet).

Here's an updated (sort-of) list of iTunes 4K content

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1505495519
post #450 of 772 Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Actually District 9 is available in 4K, and it just showed up in my list. Elysium on the other hand, you're right isn't in 4K (yet).

Here's an updated (sort-of) list of iTunes 4K content

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1505495519
Nice. I came across that list once before, thanks for sharing. This might be the most complete list available for iTunes 4K offerings, and is apparently subject to some change. Maybe I will try District 9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Disney , movies now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page