Disney Launches Movies Anywhere Streaming Service - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 209Likes

post #631 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Use the TV icon on an IOS device (iPhone/iPad) click on Movies under Library - then click on whatever movie you want to check and look for the 4K and/or Dolby Vision tags.

Info
That's not a valid way to check. Yes, it will indicate 4K + DV/HDR, but that just means "available". Doesn't mean you own that 4K version. To verify you have 4K entitlement, you'll need to either:

A) Start watching the movie, then swipe down on Apple TV 4K remote, if real 4K, you'll see the icon in the info description.
B) If redeemed via iTunes, you can check your iTunes store Purchase History, and that title will have 4K in parentheses if you own it as such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
That's not a valid way to check. Yes, it will indicate 4K + DV/HDR, but that just means "available". Doesn't mean you own that 4K version. To verify you have 4K entitlement, you'll need to either:

A) Start watching the movie, then swipe down on Apple TV 4K remote, if real 4K, you'll see the icon in the info description.
B) If redeemed via iTunes, you can check your iTunes store Purchase History, and that title will have 4K in parentheses if you own it as such.
You are correct - however, he did not yet have his ATV 4K so he could not swipe down on an invisible Siri remote!
post #633 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You are correct - however, he did not yet have his ATV 4K so he could not swipe down on an invisible Siri remote!
Which is why he can use option B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Which is why he can use option B
True - sorry my brain is in a fog after 3 hours on the phone with Apple support this morning.
post #635 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just an update for Apple TV 4K users who originally redeemed their UHD codes via SonyPicturesStore.com, which would be linked to UV. As we now know, those titles won't come across Movies Anywhere into iTunes, unless VUDU also sells the 4K version of that Sony title.

For a resolution, you literally have to redeem a second UHD code directly into Movies Anywhere. Yes, there are reports of Sony "helping out" by voiding the original redemption and re-issuing another UHD code, but I didn't have success requesting that from Sony. Fortunately, such UHD codes can be found on the secondary market for $4-$5. Yes, it stinks, but this only happened to a couple of mine, and now I'll know going forward to only redeem Sony titles via MA. This means they won't port back into my UV locker, but that doesn't concern me as much as having them in 4K via iTunes/Apple TV.
wxchaser likes this.
post #636 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 10:57 AM

Maybe we can rename the new service as Movies Nowhere
aaronwt and Ezra like this.
post #637 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 791
i redeemed goodfellas and hacksaw ridge in 4K on Vudu. I checked amazon, itunes, and movies anywhere and don't see Hacksaw Ridge being transferred over. I disconnected my Vudu account and re-linked, it's still missing.

Did Hacksaw Ridge get removed from MA? It's not even listed on the MA site...
post #638 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Vudu is the gift that keeps on giving. I logged on to my UV account this morning and noticed about 30 movies added. These were movies I had in Amazon/Google Play/iTunes (including some of the Movies Anywhere freebies) that were not in Vudu. I guess they were UV/MA titles in Vudu that migrated over when I disconnected Vudu from MA this weekend to fix my SD copy of War of the Planet of the Apes issue.
post #639 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
i redeemed goodfellas and hacksaw ridge in 4K on Vudu. I checked amazon, itunes, and movies anywhere and don't see Hacksaw Ridge being transferred over. I disconnected my Vudu account and re-linked, it's still missing.

Did Hacksaw Ridge get removed from MA? It's not even listed on the MA site...
Hacksaw Ridge is Lionsgate, so it has never been in MA.
post #640 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 12:33 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
Quote:
i redeemed Hacksaw Ridge on Lionsgate page, getting 4K UHD on iTunes.
Redeemed 2 other codes for WB at myuv.com, but haven't matriculated through the system yet.
I put in a support ticket with myuv.com last week. I had six titles I redeemed that didn't show up in my UV list. yet they all showed up on my Sony list which is only accesses UV. And they all showed up at MA, Vudu, itunes etc. myuv told me they were having issues with titles showing up so I'm hoping they show up soon.

Because this entire thing is so confusing now. I've been redeeming capable titles from UV sites as well as itunes lately. But not the six titles I had issues with on the UV site.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #641 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I put in a support ticket with myuv.com last week. I had six titles I redeemed that didn't show up in my UV list. yet they all showed up on my Sony list which is only accesses UV. And they all showed up at MA, Vudu, itunes etc. myuv told me they were having issues with titles showing up so I'm hoping they show up soon.

Because this entire thing is so confusing now. I've been redeeming capable titles from UV sites as well as itunes lately. But not the six titles I had issues with on the UV site.
Eventually things will settle out and redeeming codes should be easier and longer lasting. It really is confusing, so do some homework to make sure what studio and where best to redeem your codes.

Just last night I noticed that GOTG vol. 2 had reverted to HD in iTunes from 4K UHD, though it still appears in HDX on Vudu. Watch for changes in your varying libraries and follow the code "detectives" & information posted on site.

Good luck!
post #642 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Noticed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 dropped from 4K UHD in my iTunes library - to HD. Shows up as HDX in Vudu, and MA shows Marvel Studios' date stamped 10/14/17.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has never been available in 4k via iTunes, no Disney owned movies are 4k in iTunes yet. If you thought you watched it in 4k via iTunes, you were mistaken.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #643 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
  • Paramount: redeem via iTunes - goes into iTunes @ 4K. Pushes to VUDU as HDX. Doesn't port to UV.
I don't understand this statement, Paramount is not a member of MA so how does an iTunes redeem port to Vudu?

I simply want to know how to get 4k in iTunes and HDX in Vudu from my War of the Planet of the Apes code from a standard BD? If I redeem it directly in iTunes, it should get the "free 4k upgrade", right? But then people say Fox codes redeemed in iTunes port to Vudu in SD. Why is SD even still an option in 2017, these retailers should drop SD completely IMO.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
post #644 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nice to finally see something work correctly.....my Atomic Blonde pre-order at Vudu hit MA and iTunes in 4K. Can even watch it early on iTunes.
thomasfxlt likes this.
post #645 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Nice to finally see something work correctly.....my Atomic Blonde pre-order at Vudu hit MA and iTunes in 4K. Can even watch it early on iTunes.
Let me know how much you like it on the fence about buying it!
post #646 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

The UV site could possibly be even worse than MA I don't think I've gone 2 consecutive months without some kind of "known issues" on that site. I currently display 43 owned titles in UV - it should be closer to 1500

Hoping that all studios get on board with MA and everything transfers.....and they fix their site.
post #647 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Let me know how much you like it on the fence about buying it!
Of course I can watch it early with iTunes and tonight is the one night we have plans (figures)!! I heard it was a good movie and a lot of fun. I couldn't pass up the $14.99 price with the $3 credit at Vudu (that and I had some 40% credits). One nice thing about MA is that it will allow people to shop around and take the best deals!! As long as everything ports correctly that is.
post #648 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3322 Post(s)
Liked: 6165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post
I don't understand this statement, Paramount is not a member of MA so how does an iTunes redeem port to Vudu?

I simply want to know how to get 4k in iTunes and HDX in Vudu from my War of the Planet of the Apes code from a standard BD? If I redeem it directly in iTunes, it should get the "free 4k upgrade", right? But then people say Fox codes redeemed in iTunes port to Vudu in SD. Why is SD even still an option in 2017, these retailers should drop SD completely IMO.

I used an HD code for War of the Planet of the Apes and redeemed it in FoxRedeem. I have 4k in iTunes and HDX in VUDU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #649 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I believe Fox fixed that SD porting issue late on Friday.....so redeeming on iTunes should get you 4K there and have it port to Vudu in HD. Wish I waited to redeem my code......I did Vudu so only HD for me. Also note that MA and iTunes redeems will port to Vudu but Vudu will NOT add a UV license for them.
aaronwt likes this.
post #650 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 04:34 PM

Advice from MA:

The Movies Anywhere team has implemented several improvements to connecting iTunes accounts.

I. If you are still having issues linking your iTunes account or are unable to see your eligible movies in either your iTunes or Movies Anywhere accounts, please try the following steps:

1. Log in to your Movies Anywhere account.
2. Go to your profile settings.
3. Choose Manage Retailers.
4. If you are showing as connected to iTunes, select Disconnect and follow the iTunes prompts to disconnect*.
5. Reconnect to iTunes by choosing Connect and follow the iTunes prompts to connect. If prompted, please re-accept your Video Privacy Policy Act.
6. Your iTunes account is now connected.

NOTE: It may take up to 1 hour for movies to appear in both your iTunes and Movies Anywhere accounts.

To find out which movies are eligible to transfer to Movies Anywhere, find the Search option in the Movies Anywhere app or website, and type in the movie title. Only eligible movies will show in the search results.

*Steps on how to disconnect your iTunes account can be found in the link below

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...ailer-account-

If your Movies Anywhere account on iTunes is showing as Pending, please contact Apple Support at the URL below and notify them your Movies Anywhere account is Pending:

https://support.apple.com/itunes
post #651 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 260
I linked my Amazon, Vudu and iTunes accounts to MA a week or so ago. I own +/- 250 digital titles. So far, not all have migrated to MA from participating studios. I haven't done a deep dive yet on which titles are missing from which. I'm really just treating MA as a free toy that might work, or might not. Since it's free, I don't care much, but it seems surprisingly wonky for a big money product.

Today I redeemed my first new digital movie codes since linking to MA: the Taken 3 film collection (don't judge, it was on sale) and Chappie (okay, go ahead and judge, but I swear it was almost free). I mostly wanted to see how the new adds would get treated.

All three Taken movies are Fox titles. I started at FoxRedeem, which bounced me over to Vudu to complete the redemption. I did, and all three titles were instantly visible at both Vudu and MA.

Chappie's coupon (that's a Sony title) said go to Sonypictures.com to redeem. I tried the UV site first just for kicks. UV recognized the code, and bounced me over to Sonypictures.com to complete the redemption. I did. Chappie showed up there and in Vudu instantly. But four hours later, still not on MA.

Expected behavior?

"Get me a scotch. I'm starving." JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Xfinity X1, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2. Viewer's choice between Palliser recliners x7 or Great Dane beds x2.
post #652 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2651 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
I linked my Amazon, Vudu and iTunes accounts to MA a week or so ago. I own +/- 250 digital titles. So far, not all have migrated to MA from participating studios. I haven't done a deep dive yet on which titles are missing from which. I'm really just treating MA as a free toy that might work, or might not. Since it's free, I don't care much, but it seems surprisingly wonky for a big money product.

Today I redeemed my first new digital movie codes since linking to MA: the Taken 3 film collection (don't judge, it was on sale) and Chappie (okay, go ahead and judge, but I swear it was almost free). I mostly wanted to see how the new adds would get treated.

All three Taken movies are Fox titles. I started at FoxRedeem, which bounced me over to Vudu to complete the redemption. I did, and all three titles were instantly visible at both Vudu and MA.

Chappie's coupon (that's a Sony title) said go to Sonypictures.com to redeem. I tried the UV site first just for kicks. UV recognized the code, and bounced me over to Sonypictures.com to complete the redemption. I did. Chappie showed up there and in Vudu instantly. But four hours later, still not on MA.

Expected behavior?
Is Chappie actually Sony or one of their other studios?

I just redeemed the remake of The Magnificent Seven, and was directed to the Sony site for redemption. It is visible in UV and Vudu, but not MA. Looking further, it is an MGM title, which is not yet part of MA.
post #653 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Redeem you PofA movie at wb.com/redeem (or wherever it tells you on the slip. Then you'll be instructed to pick a "retailer", iTunes, Movies Anywhere, VUDU, etc. Pick iTunes. You'll then have it in 4K, in iTunes/Apple TV 4K. It should show up in VUDU, too. But VUDU only has HDX.
post #654 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Just an update for Apple TV 4K users who originally redeemed their UHD codes via SonyPicturesStore.com, which would be linked to UV. As we now know, those titles won't come across Movies Anywhere into iTunes, unless VUDU also sells the 4K version of that Sony title.

For a resolution, you literally have to redeem a second UHD code directly into Movies Anywhere. Yes, there are reports of Sony "helping out" by voiding the original redemption and re-issuing another UHD code, but I didn't have success requesting that from Sony. Fortunately, such UHD codes can be found on the secondary market for $4-$5. Yes, it stinks, but this only happened to a couple of mine, and now I'll know going forward to only redeem Sony titles via MA. This means they won't port back into my UV locker, but that doesn't concern me as much as having them in 4K via iTunes/Apple TV.
Wait... I thought MA wasn't letting you redeem a second code for a movie you already had in your library? Did that change? If that's working I'll just buy a new copy of Dracula and not mess with Sony/MA support to fix the issue.
post #655 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post

Expected behavior?
Always redeem Sony titles through MA, assuming you don't care about Ultraviolet.

I raised such a stink with SPHE chat on Friday, I actually got a call today from someone who really understood the situation with Sony 4K titles not passing entitlements through VUDU and into iTunes. He seemed to blame VUDU/MA, but I could tell he had done some research beforehand and he understood how it worked. Apparently Sony has an internal ticket open to correct (?) and they're supposed to call me back when there is a new status.
post #656 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 482
My three Sony titles that I redeemed on MA that only ported to Vudu in SD have now all been fixed and show up as HDX there.
post #657 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
Wait... I thought MA wasn't letting you redeem a second code for a movie you already had in your library? Did that change? If that's working I'll just buy a new copy of Dracula and not mess with Sony/MA support to fix the issue.
Well, it didn't so much change, as I was doing it wrong. For example, if you redeem UHD Dracula via Sony/UV, MA/VUDU doesn't realize you have 4K rights, so you can redeem a second UHD code directly via MA, and it will show up in your iTunes as 4K.

However, if you redeem regular HD via Sony/VU, then try to redeem another regular HD code of the same title via MA, it won't let you.
post #658 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Well, it didn't so much change, as I was doing it wrong. For example, if you redeem UHD Dracula via Sony/UV, MA/VUDU doesn't realize you have 4K rights, so you can redeem a second UHD code directly via MA, and it will show up in your iTunes as 4K.

However, if you redeem regular HD via Sony/VU, then try to redeem another regular HD code of the same title via MA, it won't let you.
Got it. That makes sense. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
post #659 of 772 Old 10-23-2017, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 172
So I want to buy mostly digital and get as many UHD options as possible. Would the best bet be to buy the digital UHD from vudu if available on all platforms? I’m watching primarily on Apple TV, but I’d just like to get the most bang for my buck. Buying UHD there should give me UHD rights in MA which should transfer to UHD everywhere right? And just to be sure, a while ago there was talk about ATV4k getting “fake” 4k even when it said DV 4K. What exactly was that referring to in regards to where and what type of codes were redeemed?
post #660 of 772 Old 10-24-2017, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 47
My Bridge On The River Kwai UHD copy that I redeemed on MA but was SD on Vudu has been fixed and is now HDX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Disney , movies now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page