Disney Launches Movies Anywhere Streaming Service - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 209Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #751 of 772 Old 11-22-2017, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Also note for those that haven't followed the SD/XML issues from the past few days.

Why is the movie I redeemed in standard definition (SD)?



Seems Google redeems are also broken right now giving SD.
So does this mean that all my iTunes SD movies that got upgraded to HD when MA launched should not have happened? Seems odd because when DMA launched one of the selling points was that your SD titles would upgrade to HD. I just assumed that MA would do the same and they did but, looks like that has changed. If true than that sucks because I have quite a few Paramount and Lionsgate SD titles that I was hoping would get pushed to HD when they join MA.

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus
rolltide1017 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 772 Old 11-22-2017, 07:46 AM
The Ultimate chest punch!
 
Adamg (Ret-Navy)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,716
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 2071
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
Great Spreadsheet! Lots of work went into that, thank you kindly for sharing with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
It's not every day that a streaming service with the potential to disrupt the entire AV entertainment industry launches. But today is such a day, thanks to the debut of Disney's Movies Anywhere. This new service encompasses five studios—Disney, Fox, Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros.—and promises to consolidate your existing owned content from Amazon video, Google play, iTunes, and Vudu.

Click this link to read more: Movies Anywhere Multi-Studio Streaming Service Launches Today
imagic,

Any chance you might wish to consider adding this above Google Spreadsheet link to your first thread post? Will make it easier to find in the future. Thanks for your consideration.

AdamG, ...out!
The government cannot give to anybody,
anything that the government does not first,
take from somebody else.
Adamg (Ret-Navy) is offline  
post #753 of 772 Old 11-23-2017, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lovswr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Riverview, FL
Posts: 1,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Send a message via AIM to lovswr
wxchaser that spreadsheet is yeoman's work. That link should probably be added to the OP.

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
PSN = lovswr
XBOX Live = lovswr
lovswr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #754 of 772 Old 11-24-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2096 Post(s)
Liked: 789
so i have already redeemed deadpool in hd that came with my bluray disc months ago. i wanted to buy the hdr version on sale at itunes for $8, but it doesn't give me an option to buy since i already own HD. anyone know who you can still buy 4K versions for movies redeemed in HD on other movies anywhere services?
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #755 of 772 Old 11-24-2017, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kbmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
so i have already redeemed deadpool in hd that came with my bluray disc months ago. i wanted to buy the hdr version on sale at itunes for $8, but it doesn't give me an option to buy since i already own HD. anyone know who you can still buy 4K versions for movies redeemed in HD on other movies anywhere services?
You have to gift it to yourself. Or find a code online and redeem it again.
kbmb is offline  
post #756 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
mogrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Merica
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Just a note for others in case they were puzzled (like I was), but a few minutes of research today confirms that Apple has not graced any of their legacy Apple TV's with the ability to acquire the app needed to utilize Movies Anywhere. That is only possible (meaning, only allowed) with an ATV4.

I have multiple versions of Rokus of various ages that sit in different rooms in different cities. All of them were up and running immediately with Movies Anywhere. But not with Apple. Contrived obsolescence = obnoxious money grab.

Well done Roku. Epic fail Apple.

"Get me a scotch. I'm starving." JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Xfinity X1, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2. Viewer's choice between Palliser recliners x7 or Great Dane beds x2.
mogrub is offline  
post #757 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gomo657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
Just a note for others in case they were puzzled (like I was), but a few minutes of research today confirms that Apple has not graced any of their legacy Apple TV's with the ability to acquire the app needed to utilize Movies Anywhere. That is only possible (meaning, only allowed) with an ATV4.



I have multiple versions of Rokus of various ages that sit in different rooms in different cities. All of them were up and running immediately with Movies Anywhere. But not with Apple. Contrived obsolescence = obnoxious money grab.



Well done Roku. Epic fail Apple.


There’s no reason to have the MA app on the ATV, Vudu or iTunes movie app is sufficient.
Brian Hampton likes this.

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
gomo657 is online now  
post #758 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
mogrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Merica
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Grateful for your opinion, of course. Still see no reason for that limitation.

"Get me a scotch. I'm starving." JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Xfinity X1, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2. Viewer's choice between Palliser recliners x7 or Great Dane beds x2.
mogrub is offline  
post #759 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
sparky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: reno,nv.
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Here's a good deal UHD & HDR.

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!conten...-Max-Fury-Road

mark
sparky7 is offline  
post #760 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
cydeweyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Disney Launches Movies Anywhere Streaming Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
Grateful for your opinion, of course. Still see no reason for that limitation.

Then you are not looking close enough. ATV3 does not have an App Store. Apple is not going to make a Movies Anywhere app for it, especially when Apple believes the Movies app will do a better job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by cydeweyz; 11-25-2017 at 10:32 PM.
cydeweyz is online now  
post #761 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
cydeweyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky7 View Post


I bought it on Monday for $14.99, then had to call them to ask for a refund on Tuesday, so I could repurchase.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cydeweyz is online now  
post #762 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
mogrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Merica
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydeweyz View Post
Then you are not looking close enough.
No, I'm looking plenty close. Probably too close.

Quote:
ATV3 does not have an App Store.
Sorry if my post was confusing. With the ATV3 (and other ATVs), Apple pre-selects the apps you can deploy. As the user, you simply choose whether to leave them visible, or hide them.

Quote:
Apple is not good no to make a Movies Anywhere app for it.
Not sure what that means. My point was simply that Apple elected to not make MA available on anything except their latest and most expensive ATV models.

Roku took the exact opposite approach, making their legacy products as fully functional as their newer (and more expensive) platforms by enabling MA across the entire product line. I credit them for that. 👍

Got nuthin left to say about it except that I prefer Roku's approach, and regret having jumped on the soap box.

"Get me a scotch. I'm starving." JVC DLA RS-540U, Stewart ST 130 G3, Yamaha RX-A3080, Emotiva XPA-3, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, Xfinity X1, Roku, ATV, Harmony 900.  Atmos 7.2.4 via Martin Logan Stage-X, Martin Logan Theos x2, Martin Logan FX x2, Sonance VP69 x2, Sonance VP66 x4, SVS PC12-NSD x2. Viewer's choice between Palliser recliners x7 or Great Dane beds x2.

Last edited by mogrub; 11-26-2017 at 07:38 AM.
mogrub is offline  
post #763 of 772 Old 11-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
cydeweyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrub View Post
No, I'm looking plenty close. Probably too close.







Sorry if my post was confusing. With the ATV3 (and other ATVs), Apple pre-selects the apps you can deploy. As the user, you simply choose whether to leave them visible, or hide them.







Not sure what that means. My point was simply that Apple elected to not make MA available on anything except their latest and most expensive ATV model.



Roku took the exact opposite approach, making their legacy products as fully functional as their newer (and more expensive) platforms by enabling MA across the entire product line. I credit them for that.



Got nuthin left to say about it except that I prefer Roku's approach, and regret having jumped on the soap box.

I fixed my auto correct error, but I can add a few more corrections. Apple introduced tvOS and opened up Apple TV’s App Store, but not before the 4th gen Apple TV. Only Apple TVs with an App Store can install the Movies Anywhere app. That includes the discontinued 4th gen Apple TV that was released in Sep 2015, which is not “their latest and most expensive ATV model.” If Roku did what you say (making their legacy products as fully functional as their newer), Apple cannot follow suit and make every Legacy Apple TV since 2007 compatible with a Movies Anywhere app and service launched after Sep 2017.
cydeweyz is online now  
post #764 of 772 Old 11-28-2017, 03:09 PM
Member
 
tondeezy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Hey guys. Was browsing Vudu recently and noticed that newer movies to come out such as Dunkirk, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok only show the MA logo and not UV. Could this mean these will only be available on MA and will no longer share through UV?
tondeezy99 is offline  
post #765 of 772 Old 11-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
curtisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Western WA
Posts: 460
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tondeezy99 View Post
Hey guys. Was browsing Vudu recently and noticed that newer movies to come out such as Dunkirk, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok only show the MA logo and not UV. Could this mean these will only be available on MA and will no longer share through UV?
Could as it has been mentioned that MA codes will be coming on discs starting late this year or early next and WB is a MA launch partner. Thor is Disney of course so it would only have a MA code.
curtisb is offline  
post #766 of 772 Old 12-01-2017, 03:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kbmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tondeezy99 View Post
Hey guys. Was browsing Vudu recently and noticed that newer movies to come out such as Dunkirk, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok only show the MA logo and not UV. Could this mean these will only be available on MA and will no longer share through UV?
Thor is Disney so no UV. The others will get the UV status closer to release date. Dunkirk is already UV at FandangoNow.
kbmb is offline  
post #767 of 772 Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Anyone have an issue with missing movies in Movies Anywhere? I created a Movies Anywhere account when it was first available and linked my Vudu, iTunes, Google, and Amazon. Then later that day I had 645 titles in my MA library! The people who created MA accounts also had over 600 movies in their new MA libraries - which populated over to itUnes, amazon, etc..

(I am the primary account holder on VUDU share and I have 4 sub-users who contribute to my Vudu library) One of the subusers accidentally disconnected from the share group. Immediatey, my MA library instantly dropped to 515 titles. His MA library dropped to 60 titles. No one at MA or Vudu can figure out how to fix this. I have been researching this for weeks and no luck.. do I need to change the permissions for the subusers to Full instead of Standard? (Currently the 4 sub-users are set as Standard Permission only.)

The 130 titles that are "missing" now are titles from my sub-users.. All these 645 titles are in the UV library though.

-- How do I fix this? Initially all 645 were showing in my Movies Anywhere account. Would changing the permission fix this? Is there something that can fix this? My guess/assumption is that when you INITIALLY create your MA account, you get to add your Vudu library and it deposits all the eligible titles into your MA library. (since I am in a share group, it depsosited 645 out of my 800 Vudu titles).. Once one person disconnects, it then removes ALL titles that were contributed by any subsuer. Even if they reconnect, it doesnt fix the problem. Any one have any ideas? We have tried all the linking/unlinking UV accounts, unlinking/relinking Vudu to MA, etc.. Hours and hours spent with MA customer support and Vudu customer support. I am starting to lose hope. I am afraid that MA will not work with shared libraries, or it only does with the initial connection and you have to make sure no one ever disconnects!

Spoiler!
Bejoy is offline  
post #768 of 772 Old 12-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Member
 
playadel2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoy View Post
Anyone have an issue with missing movies in Movies Anywhere? I created a Movies Anywhere account when it was first available and linked my Vudu, iTunes, Google, and Amazon. Then later that day I had 645 titles in my MA library! The people who created MA accounts also had over 600 movies in their new MA libraries - which populated over to itUnes, amazon, etc..

(I am the primary account holder on VUDU share and I have 4 sub-users who contribute to my Vudu library) One of the subusers accidentally disconnected from the share group. Immediatey, my MA library instantly dropped to 515 titles. His MA library dropped to 60 titles. No one at MA or Vudu can figure out how to fix this. I have been researching this for weeks and no luck.. do I need to change the permissions for the subusers to Full instead of Standard? (Currently the 4 sub-users are set as Standard Permission only.)

The 130 titles that are "missing" now are titles from my sub-users.. All these 645 titles are in the UV library though.

-- How do I fix this? Initially all 645 were showing in my Movies Anywhere account. Would changing the permission fix this? Is there something that can fix this? My guess/assumption is that when you INITIALLY create your MA account, you get to add your Vudu library and it deposits all the eligible titles into your MA library. (since I am in a share group, it depsosited 645 out of my 800 Vudu titles).. Once one person disconnects, it then removes ALL titles that were contributed by any subsuer. Even if they reconnect, it doesnt fix the problem. Any one have any ideas? We have tried all the linking/unlinking UV accounts, unlinking/relinking Vudu to MA, etc.. Hours and hours spent with MA customer support and Vudu customer support. I am starting to lose hope. I am afraid that MA will not work with shared libraries, or it only does with the initial connection and you have to make sure no one ever disconnects!
You're out of luck from what I've read. Vudu has suspended adding new people for sharing and there was apparently never any intention to include shared UV libraries in MA. So once they fixed that 'glitch' it's now impossible to add those titles back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
playadel2001 is offline  
post #769 of 772 Old 12-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by playadel2001 View Post
You're out of luck from what I've read. Vudu has suspended adding new people for sharing and there was apparently never any intention to include shared UV libraries in MA. So once they fixed that 'glitch' it's now impossible to add those titles back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ah, that is what I was afraid of.. I think we lucked out in the beginning when all the titles from shared library were in the MA account (which means propagted to Amazon, Google Play, and iTunes). My itunes literally had 2 titles in it a month ago, and then it had 645 titles!!! Then one Saturday morning, I fire up the apple tv, and the list says 515

The weird thing is that if I add something new now, it is going into my MA library in addition to the MA library of one of my subusers. (there are 4 subusers, but only one of them has the MA account set-up).

I was afraid you were going to tell me I was out of luck!

On a positive note, someone in customer care did say that MA is working on some sort of sharing option, but it is only being discussed, nothing solid yet. There is a big demand for the sharing thing again ever since UV discontinued it one sad day with NO warning!
playadel2001 likes this.

Spoiler!
Bejoy is offline  
post #770 of 772 Old 12-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I asked about if they would have that sharing option again, and here is the response:

Ultraviolet Customer Care (UltraViolet Customer Care Team)
Dec 6, 7:30 PM NST

Hello Bejoy,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Regrettably, the sharing option is currently not available through Vudu. We are reviewing this issue and are looking into other options. Regrettably, we do not have a time frame.

UltraViolet CustomerCare
Supervisor
http://www.myuv.com

ForFrequentlyAskedQuestions
https://www.myuv.com/faq

Spoiler!
Bejoy is offline  
post #771 of 772 Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,376
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
Liked: 1613
Without the sharing option is MA is a bust IMO. Relatives share my UV/VUDU account of over 800 titles (including Paramount, Lionsgate, etc.) although they don't see every movie.

Disney/Marvel/Touchstone/Hollywood titles requires me to share via Google Play's Family Library. I have to periodically check the Google Play library because even after all this time movie titles continue to migrate across.

I am also able to share movies with one relative via iTunes but this isn't an option with 2 other relatives who shun the Apple universe.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #772 of 772 Old 06-30-2019, 09:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 9,329
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
nathan_h is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Disney , movies now

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off