Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-18-2017, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Vudu LG OLED C7 APP

something def wrong with VUDU app on LG TV. Works fine everywhere else (my TCL, phone, ipad). Can't watch anything. Previews play fine. Am I the only one experiencing this? I uninstalled app on TV and reinstalled and nothing. I deactivated and reactivated my device and nothing. It probably has something to do with this article I just read.
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...d-titles/40338

Not sure if this is an LG or VUDU issue. Can someone with a C7 check if they can stream their purchased content via the TV's built in app? Thanks

Last edited by akadennis; 11-18-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-18-2017, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Guess I am the only one with this problem. In case anyone cares I ended up calling VUDU and the rep was very knowledgeable. She had me change some network settings on my TV and my router. All is working perfectly again.

LG OLED65C7P / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F/SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
post #3 of 5 Old 01-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post
Guess I am the only one with this problem. In case anyone cares I ended up calling VUDU and the rep was very knowledgeable. She had me change some network settings on my TV and my router. All is working perfectly again.
I have an E6 and after working fine for a year, VuDu recently became a problem. I'll pick a movie that I own and it just shows a black frame on the selection screen. It will start maybe 1 out of 20 times. I managed to start Spiderman in UHD and that worked but it was glitching every few seconds. I have a hardwired connection from my router to the TV so it's not a WiFi issue.

I'd love to know what network settings might affect this. VuDu works fine on a 4K ROKU that I also have attached, but the PQ is better and smoother on the LG (ROKU doesn't do HDR). Except for the glitching every few seconds, of course.

Also, is there a way to simply restart an app or hard reboot the TV? All I can find is instructions for doing a factory reset, and I really don't want to re-enter a bunch of logon IDs and passwords.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-27-2018, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post

Hi there. Can you share what settings you had to change? I suddenly can’t stream select titles on VUDU on my LG B7
post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2018, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatJohann View Post
Hi there. Can you share what settings you had to change? I suddenly can’t stream select titles on VUDU on my LG B7
i would call vudu tech support. whatever settings i changed with them i have since reverted back to default and it's working fine. I would try resetting your router/modem. Also I would uninstall and reinstall VUDU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page