Dune HD Pro 4K (Ultra) Thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1844Likes

post #3271 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post
For me the BDMV folder structure of LaLa Land wont work. Get a black screen and a request to change region then nothing. Haven't tried any others.
Do any titles work, seeing as this could be a region issue ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
Is this advertising?
Anyway seems it’s no longer available.
No not advertising... Just a member trying to share a very good deal I think. Perhaps a question of ethics maybe but none the less.

The Zidoo X9S is a hardware twin to the Dune HD Pro 4K coming from the same factory OEM with the possibility of a revision A vs. B difference of the Realtek RTD1295 which is unverified at the moment. See post number 25 by member kadqs at the beginning of this thread. Too bad they are all gone now but it was a start-up company gone bad selling off product. They could be had for under $50 each and very easily re-flashed to run Zidoo firmware being a white label product. The question remains as to the possibility of flashing to run Dune firmware.

It was the reason I posted earlier in this thread with regards to how the Pro 4K was handling BD menus as I experienced a similarity using the Zidoo firmware with their Home Theater 2 app which would be comparable to the Dune My Collection implementation with both I believe using the Realtek player.

Don't want to muddy up this thread but the Zidoo X9S has an approximate 2 year head start developing firmware on the same hardware. There are refinements on the Zidoo unit that Dune is missing at this point. Might be interesting to look to the Zidoo X9S to see the Δ and what maybe or maybe not possible with the Pro 4K.
post #3273 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Another annoying feature is that when playing a Bluray the front always displays 00:00 and not the elapsed time of the movie.
Confirmed, elapsed time is not displayed on the front display for blu-ray but, is correctly displayed on UHD playback.
Also the time search feature does not work for Blu-ray, but does work on UHD playback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3274 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Confirmed, elapsed time is not displayed on the front display for blu-ray but, is correctly displayed on UHD playback.
Also the time search feature does not work for Blu-ray, but does work on UHD playback.
Yes seems to be issue with the BD engine.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #3275 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
@Litlgi74 and @b curry

Thanks for the info. But it looks like the Zidoo suffers from some video frame stuttering and from banding/artifacts with 4k HDR (some people have solved the banding issue by setting hdmi range to limited, others are saying that they still see artifacts in some scenes such as where the sky is involved). The Dune doesn't seem to have such problems in PQ. Wouldn't the Dune be a better option for me in that case. How does the Dune compare in this regard anyway?
post #3276 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakou View Post
@Litlgi74 and @b curry

Thanks for the info. But it looks like the Zidoo suffers from some video frame stuttering and from banding/artifacts with 4k HDR (some people have solved the banding issue by setting hdmi range to limited, others are saying that they still see artifacts in some scenes such as where the sky is involved). The Dune doesn't seem to have such problems in PQ. Wouldn't the Dune be a better option for me in that case. How does the Dune compare in this regard anyway?
I have a Z9S on the way and will be comparing them this weekend.

Looky here!
post #3277 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
I have a Z9S on the way and will be comparing them this weekend.
Will be looking forward to your findings
post #3278 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
Any way/settings to mark files as watched?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumus View Post
Not that i know of... the way i do it is look at the last accessed date and time on the 4k solo and older dunes. Prob the same for the new dune interface...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrPurple, I asked the same question weeks ago and I believe it was Lithiumus that responded to my question as well. I do what Lithiumus suggests, but I have started renaming all my watched tv shows and movies by placing a "W" at the end of the file name. I became very accustomed to having my Mede8er mark my watched shows and even Kodi places a dot beside watched shows. I emailed Dune a couple weeks ago as well and they responded there is currently no way to mark them, and that I was not overlooking something in the settings.
MrPurple likes this.

LG OLED65B6P TV, Anthem MRX520 Pre Pro, B&K AV5000 Amp, Panasonic BDK-55 Blu-ray, B&W 600 Series F/R/C/Rear Speakers, Dune 4K Pro and Amazon Fire Tv media players
post #3279 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon65 View Post
MrPurple, I asked the same question weeks ago and I believe it was Lithiumus that responded to my question as well. I do what Lithiumus suggests, but I have started renaming all my watched tv shows and movies by placing a "W" at the end of the file name. I became very accustomed to having my Mede8er mark my watched shows and even Kodi places a dot beside watched shows. I emailed Dune a couple weeks ago as well and they responded there is currently no way to mark them, and that I was not overlooking something in the settings.

Renaming is a good idea. I might do that with my files but ill leave all my BD rips with directories as is.

Thanks for confirming with Dune, I wasnt 100% sure it was not possible but no one responded to my questions so I figured it probably wasnt possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrPurple likes this.
post #3280 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would it be possible to:
Connect a Dune to a 4K Sony TV (for video) and a 1080p reciever (for audio)

However I would like:
On occassions, just to see the 4k video + 2.0 sound on my TV:- For when reciever is off. Works when you are watching TV just very quickly.
On occassions, have the stream pass from Dune so that the Video passes through to the TV but this time the Audio is routed through receiver to get 5.1 channel surround. Works when you have a sit down to watch a movie.

The other option would be to just see TV normally and connect the Dune with video passing through to TV and audio via reciever and only use it to get 5.1 surround sound.

Or would I need something like the Fury to do the above?
Thanks
post #3281 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwannabe View Post
Would it be possible to:

However I would like:
On occassions, just to see the 4k video + 2.0 sound on my TV:- For when reciever is off. Works when you are watching TV just very quickly.
On occassions, have the stream pass from Dune so that the Video passes through to the TV but this time the Audio is routed through receiver to get 5.1 channel surround. Works when you have a sit down to watch a movie.

The other option would be to just see TV normally and connect the Dune with video passing through to TV and audio via reciever and only use it to get 5.1 surround sound.

Thanks
You would need something like the Fury
post #3282 of 6667 Old 09-12-2018, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi. I make a lot of short vids to play on my Dune HD (4-5 mins) and they've always played perfectly well. But a problem has suddenly arisen and I can't think of a good explanation since nothing has changed with either the Dune itself or the way in which I make the vids (avisynth): towards the end of the vid, the audio suddenly stops. By pressing the left arrow (skip back 10 secs), the audio returns.

Can anyone suggest cause and cure for this weird problem? My grateful thanks if so.
post #3283 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Would it be possible to:
However I would like:
Thanks
Thats why latest AVRs have hdmi-passthrough option, which enables all scenarios you listed. The only disadvanture is that you cannot watch movie from Dune on TVset and listen audio from other source from AVR. But it is rather rare need.
I feel you do not consider to change your AVR (receiver), so Fury is a choice for you.

DuneHD Ultra4K, Pro4K, Neo4k, Duo4K, Solo4K, Base3D, TV-102w, QNAP/Synology, Fibaro, Sonos, iEast
post #3284 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 04:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Would it be possible to:

However I would like:

Thanks
HD Fury Avr key to be precise.

I just sold one, configured it for another setup with dune but since then the user has bought a oppo 203 which has hdmi in and hdmi audio out which he uses and can also benefit from the oppo processing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo 203 (Coris) / Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #3285 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Tried playing BDMV folder structure. Shows the region change request, plays the disc intro, then displays the menu.
Selecting ‘Play’ starts the movie. There is a brief delay after the region change request.
With current firmware version, first with BD menu support, there are some BDs that do not play. We see ofr example problems with some EU versions of Avatar movie.
These titiles works fine with Solo4k or Duo4k (Sigma Dunes). Dune knows that, and will improve. Same cases we had at the begining of Sigma models with software BD-menu support.
tbass2k likes this.

DuneHD Ultra4K, Pro4K, Neo4k, Duo4K, Solo4K, Base3D, TV-102w, QNAP/Synology, Fibaro, Sonos, iEast
post #3286 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@kadqs can dune setup and forum for issue tracking and also feature request.

alot of other vendors already provide a dedicated support forum.

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo 203 (Coris) / Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #3287 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3029 Post(s)
Liked: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post

Agreed - I'm surprised they don't have one already. Even Netgear had a feature request and voting system on their NeoTV which worked well.

I've personally e-mailed Dune twice with feature requests, and never even had so much as a reply.
post #3288 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello

Is availability of this awesome new Dune HD Pro 4K going to get better anytime soon?

At the moment it is not possible to buy it in Finland. Is there some safe webstore that delivers it to Europe?
post #3289 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkster84 View Post
Hello

Is availability of this awesome new Dune HD Pro 4K going to get better anytime soon?

At the moment it is not possible to buy it in Finland. Is there some safe webstore that delivers it to Europe?
https://www.futeko.com/products/MP086.php
Hulkster84 likes this.
post #3290 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadqs View Post
With current firmware version, first with BD menu support, there are some BDs that do not play. We see ofr example problems with some EU versions of Avatar movie.
These titiles works fine with Solo4k or Duo4k (Sigma Dunes). Dune knows that, and will improve. Same cases we had at the begining of Sigma models with software BD-menu support.
The Dune still cannot play the Star Wars 4K restoration from Project 4K77 properly. Its still has jerky playback. Plays fine via Kodi on the Shield so don't know why the Dune as problems.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Nvidia Shield TV (2019) | Fire TV Stick 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
post #3291 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
Agreed - I'm surprised they don't have one already. Even Netgear had a feature request and voting system on their NeoTV which worked well.

I've personally e-mailed Dune twice with feature requests, and never even had so much as a reply.
Hi,

NeoTV I think I still have one in the garage

i have emailed them many times and do get reply but most fall. on deaf ears.

They did say they are working on other apps for devices, not sure what that extactly mean as I asked about having a my collection real-time server app like plex/emby backend. We know that will probably not materialise.

post #3292 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
The Dune still cannot play the Star Wars 4K restoration from Project 4K77 properly. Its still has jerky playback. Plays fine via Kodi on the Shield so don't know why the Dune as problems.
if using nfs try switching to smb, works way better with this dune on high bitrate files.

post #3293 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkster84 View Post
Hello

Maybe these shops ?

https://www.itdlplus-multimedia.de/e...cts/2018010405
http://dunehd-europe.com/shop/produc...hd-pro-4k.html
http://www.divxplayer.nl/mediaplayer...hd-pro-4k.html
Hulkster84 likes this.

LivingRoom: Dune HD Solo Lite,Yamaha RX-V773,SamsungUE65KS8090,
Basement/HomeCinema: JVC-X5000, 3m 21:9 Framescreen + 2,8m 16:9 Tensionscreen, Denon X1400,Dune HD 4kpro ,Kathrein-UFS910-BPanther-Neutrino, QNAP TS653A 4x8TB+2x3TB

Last edited by Bartimaus; 09-13-2018 at 06:40 AM.
post #3294 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
if using nfs try switching to smb, works way better with this dune on high bitrate files.

Have others confirmed this or is this just your findings?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #3295 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Have others confirmed this or is this just your findings?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
based on my tests (I have both paths mapped from my source) and what another user mentioned.

The project4k77 is really high bitrate file

no harm in testing in thier own setup.

I know that some don't have issues using nfs and uhd folder structure.

Last edited by a5ian300zx; 09-13-2018 at 07:26 AM.
post #3296 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Exactly the same using SMB.

post #3297 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Would it be possible to:

However I would like:

Thanks
For up to SD 5.1 passthrough (DD and DTS) you can use the SPDIF out on the Dune and connect directly to the AVR (and the HDMI just for the video directly to the TV). But no HD audio possible with this connection. If you wan't to use the TV's speakers instead, just enable also the HDMI passthrough in the Dune settings (otherwise you need to turn it off). But it also depends on your TV modell if it can decode DD and/or DTS audio from a HDMI signal, if not, than you maybe can set to downmix it to stereo PCM in the Dune settings ->others here will know how to enable this option.
post #3298 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

I have no problem setting up a user made one. If someone is willing to be the admin. I helped run the PCH one and it was more trouble then it was worth. You had users fighting over issues and was hard to get any constructive bug reports out of it.
post #3299 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
I have no problem setting up a user made one. If someone is willing to be the admin. I helped run the PCH one and it was more trouble then it was worth. You had users fighting over issues and was hard to get any constructive bug reports out of it.
it's a full time job being an admin and just turned one down from another forum.

If I had the time I would but only if I know hdi dune would listen and take on the requests and bugs reported and also provide a road map of issue tracking.

That would be great.

post #3300 of 6667 Old 09-13-2018, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1417 Post(s)
Liked: 2348
Quote:

If I had the time I would but only if I know hdi dune would listen and take on the requests and bugs reported and also provide a road map of issue tracking.

That would be great.

That's the key. It's pointless if Dune doesn't participate.
a5ian300zx likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page