Dune HD Pro 4K (Ultra) Thread - Page 177 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1756Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5281 of 6149 Old 04-13-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunePro4k View Post
That helped me figure it out. The theme I use is the "black" theme. It does not have the option to delete on the "pop-up" screen. When change to different theme that is more OG dune style, then the option of delete is listed. Able to delete the "movies" icon and then switch theme back and no more movies icon/folder. By deleting it, it also deletes the "my collection" icon too. Both are tied together and part of dune application extension. That fixed my problem and makes it more like my Dune Smart H1. I never used My Collection anyways so no big loss to have it deleted. I use Yadis and works as always has on this Dune HD Pro 4k. Thanks for your help.
Good to hear you figured it out! Since you use yaDIS, I do as well, are you aware you can have the Dune boot up to your yaDIS movie wall?
Whirlpool0548 likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5282 of 6149 Old 04-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Good to hear you figured it out! Since you use yaDIS, I do as well, are you aware you can have the Dune boot up to your yaDIS movie wall?
No. Is the setting in the yaDIS program or in the Dune? I use the yaDIS interface off a flash drive connected to the Dune.
DunePro4k is offline  
post #5283 of 6149 Old 04-13-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunePro4k View Post
No. Is the setting in the yaDIS program or in the Dune? I use the yaDIS interface off a flash drive connected to the Dune.
You do it on the Dune. Add the yaDIS folder to favorites on the Dune, then PopUp Menu and select Show On Start Up.

If you can't figure it out, let me know and when I'm home I can get step by step directions for you.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5284 of 6149 Old 04-13-2019, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Geronimo.USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,067
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Soooooo, I've been out of the loop. Does this DUNE equal, or better the blu ray video quality of the DUNE SOLO 4K?

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
Geronimo.USMC is offline  
post #5285 of 6149 Old 04-14-2019, 03:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
a5ian300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 1,003
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo.USMC View Post
Soooooo, I've been out of the loop. Does this DUNE equal, or better the blu ray video quality of the DUNE SOLO 4K?
No, the solo 4k has a more superior video processing chip.

I preffered it to the pro 4k quality.

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk
xiaNaix, Geronimo.USMC and jowicrt like this.

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Yamaha RXA3070 + Orbs Audio Mod 4/2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
a5ian300zx is offline  
post #5286 of 6149 Old 04-14-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Geronimo.USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,067
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post
No, the solo 4k has a more superior video processing chip.

I preffered it to the pro 4k quality.

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk
I thought that was the case.......The Dune SOLO 4K renders my .iso files to look incredible on my SONY A1E. Better than my UB820 playing blu ray disks natively, which has forced upscaling.........

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
Geronimo.USMC is offline  
post #5287 of 6149 Old 04-14-2019, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
a5ian300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 1,003
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo.USMC View Post
I thought that was the case.......The Dune SOLO 4K renders my .iso files to look incredible on my SONY A1E. Better than my UB820 playing blu ray disks natively, which has forced upscaling.........
I have the same TV and the solo 4k but I find the oppo 203 to be better than solo 4k and can do all of 4k.

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk
Geronimo.USMC likes this.

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Yamaha RXA3070 + Orbs Audio Mod 4/2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
a5ian300zx is offline  
post #5288 of 6149 Old 04-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dune Pro 4k Movies Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
You do it on the Dune. Add the yaDIS folder to favorites on the Dune, then PopUp Menu and select Show On Start Up.

If you can't figure it out, let me know and when I'm home I can get step by step directions for you.
Thank you for the info. Looks like one can teach an old dog new tricks.
DunePro4k is offline  
post #5289 of 6149 Old 04-14-2019, 09:00 PM
Member
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,


I was looking at buying a Dune as something capable of providing good quality video playback (with HDR), 4K support as well as netflix/youtube 5.1 HDR support
I am tossing up between the Dune Pro 4K or the Max 4K (due to 2nd HDD and 2nd HDMI out)
Does Dune live up to its expectations? I admit I have not gone through all 177 pages of the forum, but it seems from my reading that Dune has a lot of problems with basic playback and now I am rethinking of going with it or something alternative like the Zidoo (which does not have the added Netflix features)


What do you guys reckon? Does the Dune have a lot of flaws making it a thing to avoid for the moment?


Thanks

Last edited by techwannabe; 04-14-2019 at 09:06 PM.
techwannabe is offline  
post #5290 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwannabe View Post
Hi Guys,


I was looking at buying a Dune as something capable of providing good quality video playback (with HDR), 4K support as well as netflix/youtube 5.1 HDR support
I am tossing up between the Dune Pro 4K or the Max 4K (due to 2nd HDD and 2nd HDMI out)
Does Dune live up to its expectations? I admit I have not gone through all 177 pages of the forum, but it seems from my reading that Dune has a lot of problems with basic playback and now I am rethinking of going with it or something alternative like the Zidoo (which does not have the added Netflix features)


What do you guys reckon? Does the Dune have a lot of flaws making it a thing to avoid for the moment?


Thanks
Get an Apple TV. Seriously.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex

Last edited by jowicrt; 04-15-2019 at 12:31 AM.
jowicrt is offline  
post #5291 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 01:17 AM
Member
 
djnice77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Get an Apple TV. Seriously.
No proper MaxFALL, MaxCLL HDR metadata on the Apple TV, like Dune.
djnice77 is offline  
post #5292 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 02:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice77 View Post
No proper MaxFALL, MaxCLL HDR metadata on the Apple TV, like Dune.
Mmm... i was under the impression this was fixed. Or maybe they at least default to 400/1000 nits etc. where Dune will still give erratic data like 34653656456 etc.
I wonder if the Zidoo's do this correctly?

Still, besides that, for what is asked (Netflix, youtube, 4K etc), the ATV with Infuse is a better candidate then the Dune at the moment.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #5293 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Mmm... i was under the impression this was fixed. Or maybe they at least default to 400/1000 nits etc. where Dune will still give erratic data like 34653656456 etc.

I wonder if the Zidoo's do this correctly?



Still, besides that, for what is asked (Netflix, youtube, 4K etc), the ATV with Infuse is a better candidate then the Dune at the moment.
Apple TV can't bitstream though, correct?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
tbass2k is online now  
post #5294 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b curry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: on the way to Hell, Michigan USA
Posts: 4,605
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Mmm... i was under the impression this was fixed. Or maybe they at least default to 400/1000 nits etc. where Dune will still give erratic data like 34653656456 etc.
I wonder if the Zidoo's do this correctly?

Still, besides that, for what is asked (Netflix, youtube, 4K etc), the ATV with Infuse is a better candidate then the Dune at the moment.
Zidoo X9S and Z9S do correct MaxFALL, MaxCLL and I think the Shield does too now.
b curry is offline  
post #5295 of 6149 Old 04-15-2019, 02:29 PM
Member
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like Zidoo X9/Z9 > Dune at the moment for HDR support.

Is Dune the sort of company that can relied on fixing these basic flaws anytime soon? They ARE charge premium prices but Ive never dealt with them before.


For Netflix HDR 5.1 I heard Zidoo will never support it but Dune will. Is that true for how the device is operating now, or is that a future eventuality or is it something that will never come to fruition. What do you guys reckon?


Thanks
techwannabe is offline  
post #5296 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 12:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwannabe View Post
Is Dune the sort of company that can relied on fixing these basic flaws anytime soon?
They were. But not anymore. They were rocksolid and dependable, you could trust them to fix things fast. But all that is gone. It is not the same company it was a few years ago.
techwannabe likes this.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #5297 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Just received the Red Dwarf bluray box now before i copy the 19 discs to my NAS, is it possible to connect a usb bluray player to the Pro 4K (or Solo) and play the discs that way?

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #5298 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,219
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Just received the Red Dwarf bluray box now before i copy the 19 discs to my NAS, is it possible to connect a usb bluray player to the Pro 4K (or Solo) and play the discs that way?
No.
jowicrt likes this.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #5299 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Posts: 5,042
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
They were. But not anymore. They were rocksolid and dependable, you could trust them to fix things fast. But all that is gone. It is not the same company it was a few years ago.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with your assessment the way things have been going.

____
Axel

Axel is offline  
post #5300 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 03:03 PM
Member
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
They were. But not anymore. They were rocksolid and dependable, you could trust them to fix things fast. But all that is gone. It is not the same company it was a few years ago.

So has this been going on for the past few products or just teething problems associated with the current new line up which has only been recently released (Im trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will get everything fixed)
techwannabe is offline  
post #5301 of 6149 Old 04-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I don’t know what your definition of ‘recently’ is, but the 4K Pro was released over a year ago... does that answer your question?

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #5302 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 03:47 AM
Member
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
I don’t know what your definition of ‘recently’ is, but the 4K Pro was released over a year ago... does that answer your question?
Oh really, it only just got released in Australia. OK i admit defeat and will have to jump ship. What a **** situation. Was really looking forward to Netflix HDR + 5.1 which the Zidoo will probably never able to do due to license and what not.
techwannabe is offline  
post #5303 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I said it before... Apple TV will do Netflix 4K HDR 5.1 just fine. And Infuse app will do everything else, except bluray/uhd menu's. It might not always send the correct HDR metadata, and doesn't bitstream audio, but to be honest... you need a hell of a hi-end audio system to hear the difference. My setup is not one of the cheapest with my Arcam AVR850 (calibrated /w Dirac) and KEF Reference speakers, i really don't hear any difference between the audio output of the Apple TV, Dune Solo or Dune Pro. it's all good. There is more difference between discs and tracks then there is between players.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex

Last edited by jowicrt; 04-17-2019 at 06:19 AM.
jowicrt is offline  
post #5304 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
I said it before... Apple TV will do Netflix 4K HDR 5.1 just fine. And Infuse app will do everything else, except bluray/uhd menu's. It might not always send the correct HDR metadata, and doesn't bitstream audio, but to be honest... you need a hell of a hi-end audio system to hear the difference. My setup is not one of the cheapest with my Arcam AVR850 (calibrated /w Dirac) and KEF Reference speakers, i really don't hear any difference between the audio output of the Apple TV, Dune Solo or Dune Pro. it's all good. There is more difference between discs and tracks then there is between players.
Are you on the right forum ?
This is the Dune HD Pro 4K forum.

Why are you listing the deficiencies of a different setup ?

If you are having issues it would be better to report them on the appropriate forum.

By the way, if you are looking for a solution that plays everything, bitstreams, plays HD/UHD blu ray menus, Dolby vision, HDR10+, Sends correct metadata, I can recommend the Oppo 203.

But as I said this is the Dune HD Pro 4K forum.
Geronimo.USMC and jconjason like this.

Last edited by Whirlpool0548; 04-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #5305 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
I said it before... Apple TV will do Netflix 4K HDR 5.1 just fine. And Infuse app will do everything else, except bluray/uhd menu's. It might not always send the correct HDR metadata, and doesn't bitstream audio, but to be honest... you need a hell of a hi-end audio system to hear the difference. My setup is not one of the cheapest with my Arcam AVR850 (calibrated /w Dirac) and KEF Reference speakers, i really don't hear any difference between the audio output of the Apple TV, Dune Solo or Dune Pro. it's all good. There is more difference between discs and tracks then there is between players.
I have a Pro and an ATV. I can hear a lot of difference between a full Atmos track on the Pro and the 7.1 PCM from the ATV.

Anyway where is our Dune firmware with UHD menus and updated MyCollection?
dwys1960 likes this.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #5306 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
I have a Pro and an ATV. I can hear a lot of difference between a full Atmos track on the Pro and the 7.1 PCM from the ATV.

Anyway where is our Dune firmware with UHD menus and updated MyCollection?
Exactly.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #5307 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Member
 
kokokka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Hungary
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
Exactly.
Exactly? What kind of BD UHD menu? The DUNE promised only the DB menu, not the DB UHD menu. Please, show me that description!
kokokka is offline  
post #5308 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 658 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokokka View Post
Exactly? What kind of BD UHD menu? The DUNE promised only the DB menu, not the DB UHD menu. Please, show me that description!
There’s nothing to be gained by trawling through searching for historic references in the Pro 4k specs on Dune’s site.

The provision of UHD menu playback was intended for a future firmware release. You need to trawl back through the very early release notes and no, I’m not going to point you at the precise release note that mentions it.

OK, if it’s too difficult for you.........What do you think this means ‘ Note: BD4K is still supported only in BD Lite mode and is not supported in full Blu-ray menu mode (work on this is in progress).

Version "181123_2026_r13" (BETA version)
Download: dune_firmware_tv292a_181123_2026_r13.dff (ZIP)
Changes since 181008_0253_r13:
- New feature: BD3D is now supported in full Blu-ray menu mode too (in
addition to BD Lite mode, which was supported for BD3D before).
- Additionally, full Blu-ray menu playback engine reworked and
optimized to better handle fast forward and rewind, for various other
playback improvements, for better compatibility with some discs.
- Note: BD4K is still supported only in BD Lite mode and is not
supported in full Blu-ray menu mode (work on this is in progress).


Maybe full Blu-ray menu mode doesn't actually mean full Blu-ray menu mode ?

By the way it took me all of 10 minutes to find that.
jconjason likes this.

Last edited by Whirlpool0548; 04-17-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #5309 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
Are you on the right forum ?
This is the Dune HD Pro 4K forum.

*SNIPPED*

But as I said this is the Dune HD Pro 4K forum.
Some people refuse to follow rules and listen to mods

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5310 of 6149 Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Member
 
techwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In terms of similarities to dune - would Oppo 203 also be able to stream files from NAS that I have setup as well as play back files from usb. Mainly .mkv .265 in 1080p and 4k whilst bitstreaming?
techwannabe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off