Dune HD Pro 4K (Ultra) Thread - Page 186 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1756Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5551 of 6149 Old 05-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Member
 
mike_carton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Outstanding Issues - Dune HD Pro 4K

Remaining Bugs and Enhancement suggestions:

- frame rate issues (see nice table in post 5460 at https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...l#post57992320)
- HDR metadata (MaxCLL and MaxFALL)
- DVD playback (picture quality, poor color, pixilation, aspect ratio handling) - DVD chapter skip (ISO)
- forced subs in MKV files
- audio sync options
- subtitle sync options not operational

- customizable subtitle font (typeface, size, forecolor, backcolor, position, ...)
- Fast Forward and Fast Rewind functionality using the UHD Menu (bugfixes and improvements)

- improved MyCollection
- Netflix App (Ultra HD 4k, bugfixes and improvements)

Anything else?

(Still waiting on a response, even if it is only a boiler-plate email.)

Last edited by mike_carton; 05-27-2019 at 10:01 PM.
mike_carton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5552 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 11:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
another question referring the playback:


When I playback a 720p film with 23.976 fps, the Dune automatically outputs 720p 59,97 hz. But why? No 720p 23.976fps is offered as display resolution at all whereas 1080p 23.976fps oder 2160p 23.976fps is offered and output to the TV.







Any ideas?

Last edited by furzgesicht; 05-31-2019 at 11:21 AM.
furzgesicht is offline  
post #5553 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Member
 
Broxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzgesicht View Post
another question referring the playback:


When I playback a 720p film with 23.976 fps, the Dune automatically outputs 720p 59,97 hz. But why? No 720p 23.976fps is offered as display resolution at all whereas 1080p 23.976fps oder 2160p 23.976fps is offered and output to the TV.







Any ideas?
I also have. The answer is from the Support:
AFR behaves correctly:

1. 720p23.976 video mode is not supported by TV, when AutoResolution is on, the most optimal 720p video mode is selected - this is 720p59.94 (partially multiple frequency).
To use 1080p23.976 video mode, you must leave AutoFrameRate on, but disable AutoResolution.

2. Video mode 59.94 is optimal for content 29.97 (multiple frequency).

3. Video mode 50 is optimal for content 25 (multiple frequency).

Checked on Dune 102. Same problem.

Gesendet von meinem EVR-L29 mit Tapatalk

LG55C6D, Pioneer VSX-932, Dune Pro 4K

Last edited by Broxxx; 05-31-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Broxxx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5554 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Just got this and it looks like a fantastic unit, but i can for the life of me not get the network working correctly..Playing from usb works flawlesly and i love the android app to control it, but over wired gigabit network to server doesnt work,i have tried everything from factory reset to re-installing windows on my server nothing has worked,which is weird because i got 3 older media streamers a Dune Smart D1,a mede8er x600 and a Popcorn Hour A-210 ALL these work flawlesly. I think it is a smb problem somewhere,but out of my league to fix..



This is really sad,as i quite like the 4k pro but i am done with fiddling with this,gonna put it up for sale.

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4

Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 05-31-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5555 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
Just got this and it looks like a fantastic unit,..



This is really sad,as i quite like the 4k pro but i am done with fiddling with this,gonna put it up for sale.
If you just got it, why not return it for the purchase price?

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5556 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
If you just got it, why not return it for the purchase price?

Or get someone in who knows what s/he is doing...?
-Caesar- is online now  
post #5557 of 6149 Old 05-31-2019, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
Just got this and it looks like a fantastic unit, but i can for the life of me not get the network working correctly..Playing from usb works flawlesly and i love the android app to control it, but over wired gigabit network to server doesnt work,i have tried everything from factory reset to re-installing windows on my server nothing has worked,which is weird because i got 3 older media streamers a Dune Smart D1,a mede8er x600 and a Popcorn Hour A-210 ALL these work flawlesly. I think it is a smb problem somewhere,but out of my league to fix..



This is really sad,as i quite like the 4k pro but i am done with fiddling with this,gonna put it up for sale.
It could be an hardware problem, the RJ-45 connector being messed up.

Try this:

Give it a fixed IP address (for example if your Internet box address is 192.0.168.1, set it to 192.0.168.254), and from a DOS terminal (if your PC uses Windows) type:

ping 192.0.168.254

If ping does not work, you have an hardware problem, and a valid reason to ask for an exchange.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5558 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
It could be an hardware problem, the RJ-45 connector being messed up.

Try this:

Give it a fixed IP address (for example if your Internet box address is 192.0.168.1, set it to 192.0.168.254), and from a DOS terminal (if your PC uses Windows) type:

ping 192.0.168.254

If ping does not work, you have an hardware problem, and a valid reason to ask for an exchange.

I always assign static IPs to my devices. It pings fine from both my server and other win 7 boxes, 0ms latency, 4 of 4 packets sent and recieved fine...

My setup work flawlessly with max transfers speed on my older Dune D1,Mede8er x600 AND a popcorn hour a-210.. This is what is baffling to me..
Is the Dune supposed to identify as android on the network? Also, on my win 7 boxes its network folder is openwrt is this correct too?

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5559 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 12:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Another question referring an annoying issue while playing WebHD ripped content:


When I play a WebRip (x264, mkv container, 23.976 fps) after some minutes a strange phenomenon appears: it seems like 2 of 3 fps are suddenly missing, it begins to stutter. After approx. 20 secs the stuttering disappears for maybe 4 oder 5 mins. then the same thing begins again.


Facts:
- This does not happen with bluray(-rips with comparable file datas, 2k oder 4k)

- I own 2 Dune HD PRO 4k devices, it happens on both. My ancient Samsung 52B750 even deals with the issue better than my LG86UK5000, the stuttering there is not that obvious but apparent.


I never had any probs with 3 Dune D1-devices before watching Web-ripped stuff.



Meanwhile I watched a lot of WebRip content from different sources, in every single film my described problem appears. This makes no sense 2 me.

Hardware: using certified 2.0a HDMI-cables, anything else important?

Any ideas?

Last edited by furzgesicht; 06-01-2019 at 12:30 AM.
furzgesicht is offline  
post #5560 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
I always assign static IPs to my devices. It pings fine from both my server and other win 7 boxes, 0ms latency, 4 of 4 packets sent and recieved fine...

My setup work flawlessly with max transfers speed on my older Dune D1,Mede8er x600 AND a popcorn hour a-210.. This is what is baffling to me..
Is the Dune supposed to identify as android on the network? Also, on my win 7 boxes its network folder is openwrt is this correct too?
On my W7 machines, the 2 Dune pros are invisible, and the Dunes don't see the Windows machines.
But I can manually create a network folder on the Dune with the proper user and password, which by the way is an admin user on W7.
I haven't read all your posts, so I may repeat here something you did, but just in case...

1) Create a network folder
2) Give the IP address of the PC
3) On the PC, use Advanced Sharing, and set up the permissions to max for everyone. Also set up you network as home network, and turn on password protected sharing.
4) If the share is "name", use name in the dune, not "/name"

If all that does not work, I don't know what to say other than request a replacement unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Net.gif
Views:	27
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2574412  

Robert

Last edited by robena; 06-01-2019 at 12:31 AM.
robena is offline  
post #5561 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
On my W7 machines, the 2 Dune pros are invisible, and the Dunes don't see the Windows machines.
But I can manually create a network folder on the Dune with the proper user and password, which by the way is an admin user on W7.
I haven't read all your posts, so I may repeat here something you did, but just in case...

1) Create a network folder
2) Give the IP address of the PC
3) On the PC, use Advanced Sharing, and set up the permissions to max for everyone. Also set up you network as home network, and turn on password protected sharing.
4) If the share is "name", use name in the dune, not "/name"

If all that does not work, I don't know what to say other than request a replacement unit.

That makes no sense or i misunderstand you..


The Dune has to be able to see the windows boxes in the network or you cant add a share folder by network browsing,only manually by IP.. And my windows shares DO show up on the Dune and when i added a user on my win7 server with dune/dune (user/password),network browsing also work fine,but slow..I think it might be a smb protocol problem.
I think all my older devices use smb v1 where no user/password is needed,it just logs on to the share needed to browse network without ever checking user,but they removed this option in newer devices so only smb v2 and v3 are useable but these protocols require specific users or guest account to function,but something is not working correctly on my boxes even with a completely brand new windows install fully updated.

My boxes are setup with 1 admin user made during install with no passwords and each win7 drive on the server is shared with credentials Everyone and full control. I share the drive and everything on it,not specific folders within. Then i add a user dune/dune as is required to browse (guest account doesnt work at all) and then i can add network drives but whenever i try and play something it is just black screen. I tried loading a 1mb jpg image,it took 63 seconds,so something is blocking traffic whenever i access the server from the dune

I dont want passwords on my local network,and like i said it works fine with ALL my other devices connecting to the network and playing from my 3 win7 boxes.

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4

Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 06-01-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5562 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 02:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
I dont want passwords on my local network,and like i said it works fine with ALL my other devices connecting to the network and playing from my 3 win7 boxes.
I can understand that, but you should try to have one specific admin user with an easy to type short password, and try that on your Dune.
It works for me, but if you don't like it, it's up to you to return the Dune.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5563 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 03:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
That makes no sense or i misunderstand you..


The Dune has to be able to see the windows boxes in the network or you cant add a share folder by network browsing,only manually by IP.. And my windows shares DO show up on the Dune and when i added a user on my win7 server with dune/dune (user/password),network browsing also work fine,but slow..I think it might be a smb protocol problem.
I think all my older devices use smb v1 where no user/password is needed,it just logs on to the share needed to browse network without ever checking user,but they removed this option in newer devices so only smb v2 and v3 are useable but these protocols require specific users or guest account to function,but something is not working correctly on my boxes even with a completely brand new windows install fully updated.

My boxes are setup with 1 admin user made during install with no passwords and each win7 drive on the server is shared with credentials Everyone and full control. I share the drive and everything on it,not specific folders within. Then i add a user dune/dune as is required to browse (guest account doesnt work at all) and then i can add network drives but whenever i try and play something it is just black screen. I tried loading a 1mb jpg image,it took 63 seconds,so something is blocking traffic whenever i access the server from the dune

I dont want passwords on my local network,and like i said it works fine with ALL my other devices connecting to the network and playing from my 3 win7 boxes.
Setup Hanewin NFS server on your PC and call it a day. Works great for me. I get 100MB/s read speeds over the network.

And yes, the Dune will show up as Openwrt on your network since it's Android.

BTW, I've had the Dune Smart D1 and still have the Solo.....the 4k pro connects to my network easier than the other Dunes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
xiaNaix likes this.

Last edited by tbass2k; 06-01-2019 at 03:48 AM.
tbass2k is online now  
post #5564 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
I can understand that, but you should try to have one specific admin user with an easy to type short password, and try that on your Dune.
It works for me, but if you don't like it, it's up to you to return the Dune.
I tried that already as i wrote.. Made a user account called dune with password due, it still wont play off my network proper..


Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
Setup Hanewin NFS server on your PC and call it a day. Works great for me. I get 100MB/s read speeds over the network.

And yes, the Dune will show up as Openwrt on your network since it's Android.

BTW, I've had the Dune Smart D1 and still have the Solo.....the 4k pro connects to my network easier than the other Dunes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I tried that, video buffers every 3 seconds.. What version hanewin do you use and what are the specific settings?

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5565 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
I tried that already as i wrote.. Made a user account called dune with password due, it still wont play off my network proper..





I tried that, video buffers every 3 seconds.. What version hanewin do you use and what are the specific settings?
See attached screenshots. I'm using v 1.2.36.

BTW, What speeds are you getting on your file speedtest? I had to switch from a cheap gigabit switch to a netgear nighthawk gigabit switch....made all the difference on my network. All switches are not created the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanewin 1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2574444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanewin 2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	2574446  

Last edited by tbass2k; 06-01-2019 at 07:19 AM.
tbass2k is online now  
post #5566 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Today my 2 Dune Pros started to show Dune ads!

This is completely unacceptable.

Does anybody know:

- if they come from an address that is not the same as the one serving upgrades?

- if yes, what it is and how to modify the hosts file so they stop showing?

I could just remove the gateway in the static settings, but then I would lose firmware update notifications.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5567 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Today my 2 Dune Pros started to show Dune ads!

This is completely unacceptable.

Does anybody know:

- if they come from an address that is not the same as the one serving upgrades?

- if yes, what it is and how to modify the hosts file so they stop showing?

I could just remove the gateway in the static settings, but then I would lose firmware update notifications.

Wow! Really??


In what context were they shown?


I use Pi-Hole on my network - basically a Raspberry Pi set up as a Domain Name Server with built in ad killer - I never see ads anywhere on any device set to use it as a DNS.


If the Dune ads get through, it would be easy to black list them on Pi-Hole. Worth a look.


Again. Wow!

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5568 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Today my 2 Dune Pros started to show Dune ads!

This is completely unacceptable.

Does anybody know:

- if they come from an address that is not the same as the one serving upgrades?

- if yes, what it is and how to modify the hosts file so they stop showing?

I could just remove the gateway in the static settings, but then I would lose firmware update notifications.
It just popped up once for me, I thought it was kinda cool, especially since it was for the other Dune products....as long as it doesn't keep popping up. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
tbass2k is online now  
post #5569 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
It just popped up once for me, I thought it was kinda cool, especially since it was for the other Dune products....as long as it doesn't keep popping up. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When you say pop up - from where? what screen?

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5570 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbass2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
When you say pop up - from where? what screen?
When the unit first booted up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
tbass2k is online now  
post #5571 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
When the unit first booted up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wow, that's really bad


Particularly since there's no mention in changeLogs.

Mine stays in Standby, but I don't see the boot process even on a cold boot due to the way I have cinema macros set up.


Hope it's not a sign of things to come..

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5572 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Member
 
lithiumus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Same here. Was waiting for someone to say something. Both my 4k Solo and 4k pro. Might be pushed with the firmware check.

Once it boots it comes up like a firmware notofication.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lithiumus is offline  
post #5573 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 85
It wasn't even after a boot on one of my devices. They just popped up on the main screen, no way to not to see them, you have to click "Next" until you see them all.

We need to know where they come from to block them.

Otherwise, or if they come from the same address, I'll remove the gateway, and check for new firmware manually.

I have my own DNS server running on my PC, so I could block them here too, thanks for the suggestion markswift2003.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5574 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
That's intrusive! Not cool at all..


I just tried mine cold booting onto a TV - I have the Google DNS on the Dune so I don't know if Pi-hole would have grabbed them or not - I suspect not since they are part of the OS.


The saving grace is that of you reboot again, they don't show, but they may be on a boot count... who knows..


Very uncool.

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5575 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
It wasn't even after a boot on one of my devices. They just popped up on the main screen, no way to not to see them, you have to click "Next" until you see them all.

We need to know where they come from to block them.

Otherwise, or if they come from the same address, I'll remove the gateway, and check for new firmware manually.

I have my own DNS server running on my PC, so I could block them here too, thanks for the suggestion markswift2003.

I think removing the gateway is the best move now I've seen what they are - I've no reason to have it connected to the WAN - I do manual updates and don't use My Collection.


I'll leave it for now though just to see if they pop up again.


Again, wow, that's so bad!

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5576 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumus View Post
Same here. Was waiting for someone to say something. Both my 4k Solo and 4k pro. Might be pushed with the firmware check.

Once it boots it comes up like a firmware notofication.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, that's interesting - just checked my Solo too and yes, the ad was there on mine too, so I agree, it could well be coming from the firmware check since the Solo hasn't had a firmware update since 2017.


Disabling firmware check could be the way to go.

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5577 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hyrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 2,797
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
1) Create a network folder
2) Give the IP address of the PC
3) On the PC, use Advanced Sharing, and set up the permissions to max for everyone. Also set up you network as home network, and turn on password protected sharing. [NOTE: I test with is turned off]
4) If the share is "name", use name in the dune, not "/name"
I know you tried all this, but I think you're problem may be using Hanewin NFS. I'd suggest that you go back to using SMB instead of installing a 3rd party driver. Windows 7 is so old that 3rd party drivers are occasionally not up-to-date. What works on another system may not work on yours. Best to keep it simple. SMB really should be more than fast enough work just fine - I've used it for streaming videos for over a decade without trouble. My Android TV based Nvidia Shield TV uses SMB to stream videos without a problem.



If none of this works, I'd contact someone at DuneHD and ask for support. It really could be a hardware problem.
Hyrax is offline  
post #5578 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Ok, that's interesting - just checked my Solo too and yes, the ad was there on mine too, so I agree, it could well be coming from the firmware check since the Solo hasn't had a firmware update since 2017.


Disabling firmware check could be the way to go.
Happened to me yesterday after a "plugin" update, I didn't fully read the update specs but mentioned YouTube or trailers. Update only took 30 seconds and the ads came immediately after that install. I have used the Dune 3 times since with no ads or pop ups.

If it was just this one time thing, it's ok but if it keeps coming, it could be a very bad sign.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5579 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Happened to me yesterday after a "plugin" update, I didn't fully read the update specs but mentioned YouTube or trailers. Update only took 30 seconds and the ads came immediately after that install. I have used the Dune 3 times since with no ads or pop ups.

If it was just this one time thing, it's ok but if it keeps coming, it could be a very bad sign.

I saw the plugin update on both machines last week, but today is the first time I've seen these adverts - it must be the firmware update mechanism, so at least we can control it.


I can't believe they'd repeat it, but I've disabled FW updates on the Solo and left them on on the Pro to see..

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5580 of 6149 Old 06-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
See attached screenshots. I'm using v 1.2.36.

BTW, What speeds are you getting on your file speedtest? I had to switch from a cheap gigabit switch to a netgear nighthawk gigabit switch....made all the difference on my network. All switches are not created the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I fixed it... I have bit the sour apple and converted my boxes to windows 10.. Had to happen sooner or later anyways,and it works flawlessly now with the dune.. The dune is friggin speedy gonzales opening my bluray isos compared to my ageing popcorn hour,which also fails to open more and more discs i might add..

A few questions though.. Why is Movies populated by movie posters i dont even have in my collection,and when you press them says you cant play this? And i have reset this unit so many times i lost count.
Also i havent added anything to my collection as i use yadis so where does the dune get these movie posters and information from when i havent added a single item? And how do i delete the my collection and movie folder or at least empty the movie folder so there is no items in it?


On an different note,i also got the advert which annoyed the hell out of me as you cant close or skip it. Bad form Dune..
tbass2k likes this.

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off