Dune HD Pro 4K (Ultra) Thread - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1664Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5731 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
My method was to install on my PC (with a static IP address which in my case is 192.9.200.16) the unbound DNS server, ad the following lines to the service.conf file:

Code:
# allow access by the local network.
access-control: 192.9.200.0/16 allow
#local-zone-override: "online.dune-hd.com" 192.9.200.0/24 refuse
local-zone: "online.dune-hd."
redirect local-data: "online.dune-hd. IN A 127.0.0.0"
and set up the Dune with a DNS address which is my PC IP.
OK,i did not understand any of that.. where is the service.conf file? My dune has an assigned static ip from dhcp reservation in my router 192.168.0.11,and my router is setup to use the cloudflare dns.
Can you still update over the internet if you block the ads?

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5732 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
OK,i did not understand any of that.. where is the service.conf file? My dune has an assigned static ip from dhcp reservation in my router 192.168.0.11,and my router is setup to use the cloudflare dns.
Can you still update over the internet if you block the ads?
Unboud is a software that you install on your PC:

https://nlnetlabs.nl/projects/unbound/download/

It allows your PC to act as a DNS server.

Once installed, the service file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unbound

Instead of using the DNS server of your Internet Provider, you use your PC, by specifying its address when setting up the Internet connection of your Dune.

The Dune apparently gets its ads from online.dune-hd.com.

By adding the lines I indicated, instead of pointing to the real Dune server, online.dune-hd.com will point to an invalid address, so the Dune won't be able to connect to the ad server. Don't use DHCP to get the static IP address for the Dune, enter it manually in its config panel which will allow to also specify your PC as DNS server.

Updates come from a different server, so you still be able to get them.

Robert

Last edited by robena; 06-20-2019 at 03:04 PM.
robena is offline  
post #5733 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
OK,i did not understand any of that.. where is the service.conf file? My dune has an assigned static ip from dhcp reservation in my router 192.168.0.11,and my router is setup to use the cloudflare dns.
Can you still update over the internet if you block the ads?
This ad was discussed a few pages back. It's definitely not a good sign, but for now it seems to have just been a one time thing to advertise the "new" line and that you can order directly from the company now.

Time will tell if it's an issue going forward.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5734 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Unboud is a software that you install on your PC:

https://nlnetlabs.nl/projects/unbound/download/

It allows your PC to act as a DNS server.

Once installed, the service file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unbound

Instead of using the DNS server of your Internet Provider, you use your PC, by specifying its address when setting up the Internet connection of your Dune.

The Dune apparently gets its ads from online.dune-hd.com.

By adding the lines I indicated, instead of pointing to the real Dune server, online.dune-hd.com will point to an invalid address, so the Dune won't be able to connect to the ad server. Don't use DHCP to get the static IP address for the Dune, enter it manually in its config panel which will allow to also specify your PC as DNS server.

Updates come from a different server, so you still be able to get them.
I see.. That is too complicated for me,and would require the pc to be always on.. I am just gonna have to live with it then. I have written Dune a stern email telling them exactly what i think of their new "customer service" idea..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
This ad was discussed a few pages back. It's definitely not a good sign, but for now it seems to have just been a one time thing to advertise the "new" line and that you can order directly from the company now.

Time will tell if it's an issue going forward.
No jason,this was a new one..Advertising they now accept paypal in their new global shop

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5735 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post



No jason,this was a new one..Advertising they now accept paypal in their new global shop
Ah, my mistake. I should've properly read your initial post.

So that's two ads in less than a month. Too bad they don't push FW updates that often!
blenky likes this.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5736 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Ah, my mistake. I should've properly read your initial post.

So that's two ads in less than a month. Too bad they don't push FW updates that often!
Yeah,i fear they might expand on this use and "partner" up with some ad agency.. I wonder if the Dune sends back usage statistics and/or information about what is being played? It is afterall a chinese company..

I might just MAC block the dune completely from traffic on the internet,and manually update firmware via usb.. Seems like the best option..

On another note.. Does the dune not support PiP when playing blurays? Specifically the old universal U-control and other older titles with PiP tracks?

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4

Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 06-20-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5737 of 5823 Old 06-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
LD-838D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, El Segundo
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehamma View Post
See first post. Not much to say on the HDR meta data part. Just that it sends some bogus MaxCLL and MaxFALL values.
Interesting,
You mentioned some manual tweaking?
Would that be in the displays service menu or would color/brightness/contrast adjustments help?
LD-838D is offline  
post #5738 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
halfelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,210
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
Yeah,i fear they might expand on this use and "partner" up with some ad agency.. I wonder if the Dune sends back usage statistics and/or information about what is being played? It is afterall a chinese company..

I might just MAC block the dune completely from traffic on the internet,and manually update firmware via usb.. Seems like the best option..

On another note.. Does the dune not support PiP when playing blurays? Specifically the old universal U-control and other older titles with PiP tracks?
The Dune does "phone home" I never saw it send anything outside of the usual firmware version/mac address/ device name.
halfelite is offline  
post #5739 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
I wonder if the Dune sends back usage statistics and/or information about what is being played? It is afterall a chinese company..
I thought it was Russian. If so just as bad then

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is offline  
post #5740 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I got the new ad, despite my DNS trick.
I disabled the getaway, and will update manually from now on.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5741 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Belt & braces, all outgoing services blocked on my firewall from Dune IPs, so no ads here!!

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5742 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
HCGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swindon & Norfolk
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

On the verge of buying a new Dune, i have 3 others already but with the recent purchase of a 4k tv i`m ready to upgrade my source I currently run zappiti v2.9 as that`s the last version to support the dune and work fully as i want it to with my Base 3.0, Max and Base3D... As zappiti v4 does not support the Dune anymore how do you guys view your movies cover wise? Is their an Zappiti like interface now with the current models or do Dune have their own (i cant see to find any info on that).

Cheers,

Ken Kreisel Quattro QQ-125 (FLR), M&K SUR26, SVS PB-2000, Marantz SR7011, Dune HD Max, Sony KD-65XF9005, 4x Xpenology 2U Rack Hosts, DSM 6.2 96TB Total
HCGuy is offline  
post #5743 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everybody,

I recently bought a Dune HD Pro 4K and I have successfully setup my movie collection in "My Collection". Now I would like customize the search by adding my own genre tags to display for example all Marvel Avenger movies or all Star Wars movies in a separate dedicated view. This means I would like to

a) add an additional tag to the movie meta data
b) add a custom "genre" in the My Collection "All Movies" view like "Avengers" or "Star Wars" or "Lord of The Rings" to get only these movie series displayed when choosing the appropriate custom genre.

My feeling is that this would not work out of the box or even as tweak. But I am happy if someone tells me I am wrong :-)

Probably someone has an idea how to address this to the Dune folks because my feeling is that this custom search feature could be valuable across all Dune mediaplayers.

Thanks for any response

Cheers
J.
J. Rich is offline  
post #5744 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
I thought it was Russian.
It is.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5745 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
halfelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,210
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
I thought it was Russian. If so just as bad then
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
It is.
Dune is Russian, Boxes are made by Chinese companies IE Zidoo or Eweat. Get the best of both worlds
halfelite is offline  
post #5746 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Belt & braces, all outgoing services blocked on my firewall from Dune IPs, so no ads here!!
How exactly did you do that mark? I cant really figure out how in my router..

Dune is Chinese according to this http://hdidune.company.weiku.com/ And here aat linkdin they are headquatered in Taiwan https://www.linkedin.com/company/dune-hd

Also the only corporate addresses i can find are located in Hong Kong/Taiwan..I think when the smart series came out they were located in Taipei, Taiwan or it was vice versa,Hong Kong then, Taiwan now. They got engineering teams in Russia though.

I think their biggest market is Russia.

And i am pretty sure Russia has never been on the forefront of electronics development,engineering and manufacturing..
I think only the software parts are engineered in Russia.

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4

Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 06-21-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5747 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
How exactly did you do that mark? I cant really figure out how in my router..

Most routers will have an "allow all" policy for outgoing connections and "deny all" for incoming connections by default.


So log into the router and find the firewall rules - probably under "Security" or similar.


The nomenclature may be different, but look for something related to "Outbound Services"


This would usually have one rule which is "Allow Always" or similar.


This means anything outgoing from your internal network is allowed, which is normal. We therefore want to disallow any outgoing traffic from the Dunes, so you "add" a rule to do this.


So you add a rule which has the action of "Block Always" for any "Service" from the Dune's IP address (this assumes the Dune has a fixed IP).


This is a screen shot from my router - notice that I have set a small address range of 192.168.0.51 - 52 since I have 2 Dunes, one at 51 and one at 52. If you have only one, you'd create the rule for a single address rather than an address range and similarly so if the IP addresses of multiple Dunes are not consecutive..


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	2582894  

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5748 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
Dune is Russian, Boxes are made by Chinese companies IE Zidoo or Eweat. Get the best of both worlds

Or the worst

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5749 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Most routers will have an "allow all" policy for outgoing connections and "deny all" for incoming connections by default.


So log into the router and find the firewall rules - probably under "Security" or similar.


The nomenclature may be different, but look for something related to "Outbound Services"


This would usually have one rule which is "Allow Always" or similar.


This means anything outgoing from your internal network is allowed, which is normal. We therefore want to disallow any outgoing traffic from the Dunes, so you "add" a rule to do this.


So you add a rule which has the action of "Block Always" for any "Service" from the Dune's IP address (this assumes the Dune has a fixed IP).


This is a screen shot from my router - notice that I have set a small address range of 192.168.0.51 - 52 since I have 2 Dunes, one at 51 and one at 52. If you have only one, you'd create the rule for a single address rather than an address range and similarly so if the IP addresses of multiple Dunes are not consecutive..


Uhh,thank you Mark,my router has exact or very similar menu i think,so that helps a lot..Mine is a Sagem fast cable modem/router..

I was a bit fast there,this is the only settings i have in router on ip filtering.. I cant chose a service,so i suspect it just blocks all.. Do i block both tcp and udp? Do you know what ports i need to block,or is adding the ip enough? And do i only block outgoing traffic? wont they be able to still push notifications to the Dune as incoming traffic then?

This is the naming in my router:


Filter Name:

IP Version:
Protocol:
Source IP address[/prefix length]:
Source Port (port or portort):
Destination IP address[/prefix length]:
Destination Port (port or portort

Not sure about ports?
markswift2003 likes this.

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4

Last edited by Tsunamijhoe; 06-21-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5750 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
Uhh,thank you Mark,my router has exact or very similar menu i think,so that helps a lot..Mine is a Sagem fast cable modem/router..

This is the naming in my router:


Filter Name:

IP Version:
Protocol:
Source IP address[/prefix length]:
Source Port (port or portort):
Destination IP address[/prefix length]:
Destination Port (port or portort

Not sure about ports?

There should be an option for "all" ports - that's what you need to block - we don't know the port or protocols used so basically it's a case of blocking the Dune IP from accessing anything on any port in the outside world.


I actually set mine to block all TCP ports only, but in actual fact I should perhaps have blocked UDP as well (there is an option to block simply "ALL" services) but TCP blocking seems to work (UDP is an older, less robust and less used protocol - handy for quick and dirty network squirts if you can't be arsed typing too much )


(TCP = Transmission Control Protocol, UDP = User Datagram Protocol)

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5751 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
There should be an option for "all" ports - that's what you need to block - we don't know the port or protocols used so basically it's a case of blocking the Dune IP from accessing anything on any port in the outside world.


I actually set mine to block all TCP ports only, but in actual fact I should perhaps have blocked UDP as well (there is an option to block simply "ALL" services) but TCP blocking seems to work (UDP is an older, less robust and less used protocol - handy for quick and dirty network squirts if you can't be arsed typing too much )


(TCP = Transmission Control Protocol, UDP = User Datagram Protocol)
There is no option other than the ones i linked in other post..These Sagem boxes are really crap and their firmware is mostly useless.. Made by the french whom cant poke a **** with a stick without ruining both,but this is what my provider sends me to use. No offense to french people,this is a quib at their engineering which friggin suck and are so counter intiutiv,anyone who has ever owned a french car,or any piece of french electronics will know about what i speak..

I will asume by not entering a port it will block all.. I will try and start one of the internet radio app on the dune,see if it will connect to the internet.. I just added the same ip to IPv4 on both destination and source, chose both tcp/udp and and added the rule to the firewall..

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5752 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
There is no option other than the ones i linked in other post..These Sagem boxes are really crap and their firmware is mostly useless.. Made by the french whom cant poke a **** with a stick without ruining both,but this is what my provider sends me to use. No offense to french people,this is a quib at their engineering which friggin suck and are so counter intiutiv,anyone who has ever owned a french car,or any piece of french electronics will know about what i speak..

I will asume by not entering a port it will block all.. I will try and start one of the internet radio app on the dune,see if it will connect to the internet.. I just added the same ip to IPv4 on both destination and source, chose both tcp/udp and and added the rule to the firewall..

Hmm yes, suck it and see, and if not, further fiddling necessary!


"cant poke a **** with a stick without ruining both" - That's 'kin hilarious!

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5753 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Just use the Dune network settings, give it a fixed IP address and don't set up the gateway. It won't be able to access the Internet.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5754 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Just use the Dune network settings, give it a fixed IP address and don't set up the gateway. It won't be able to access the Internet.

Yes! Or that - very simple!

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #5755 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Just use the Dune network settings, give it a fixed IP address and don't set up the gateway. It won't be able to access the Internet.
Can i use the same as assigned in the router? The router thingy didnt work anyways

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5756 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jconjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,864
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Most routers will have an "allow all" policy for outgoing connections and "deny all" for incoming connections by default.


So log into the router and find the firewall rules - probably under "Security" or similar.


The nomenclature may be different, but look for something related to "Outbound Services"


This would usually have one rule which is "Allow Always" or similar.


This means anything outgoing from your internal network is allowed, which is normal. We therefore want to disallow any outgoing traffic from the Dunes, so you "add" a rule to do this.


So you add a rule which has the action of "Block Always" for any "Service" from the Dune's IP address (this assumes the Dune has a fixed IP).


This is a screen shot from my router - notice that I have set a small address range of 192.168.0.51 - 52 since I have 2 Dunes, one at 51 and one at 52. If you have only one, you'd create the rule for a single address rather than an address range and similarly so if the IP addresses of multiple Dunes are not consecutive..


I use the "Block Services" option on my Nighthawk router. Since I assign static IPs to my components, it's easy to block the Dune.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch 5.1.2
HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP
jconjason is offline  
post #5757 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunamijhoe View Post
Can i use the same as assigned in the router? The router thingy didnt work anyways
You can try, why not?

If it does not work, you should un-assigned it from the router, and give it (on the Dune) a value which is outside the range of the DHCP values to avoid any conflict.

Robert
robena is offline  
post #5758 of 5823 Old 06-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
Just use the Dune network settings, give it a fixed IP address and don't set up the gateway. It won't be able to access the Internet.
Worked,thank you..

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
post #5759 of 5823 Old 06-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Member
 
alex5723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Dune 4K playlist m3u support

I have a movie split into 4 parts. yaDIS had built a palylist.m3u file.
Does Dune's internal player/system player support playlist.m3u (I use Kodi which doesn't support .m3u) ?

Thx
alex5723 is offline  
post #5760 of 5823 Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Tsunamijhoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5723 View Post
I have a movie split into 4 parts. yaDIS had built a palylist.m3u file.
Does Dune's internal player/system player support playlist.m3u (I use Kodi which doesn't support .m3u) ?

Thx
Yes Alex.. I use that function for bonus material,as there is no other way to play it,and it works really well.. I just move all extra material to a folder called same as movie,and add a (Extra),then yadis finds it,makes a playlist,i add the extra matarial using the genre in yadis,and then when i play it on the dune,it will just play 1 file after the other. A bit of a circumvention as yadis doesnt support bonus features like Yamj did..

I think you might have to name the files with part 1,part 2 and so on or yadis might play them in wrong order

Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5,Emotiva XPA-2,Densen B-340+,B&W 683,B&W HTM61,B&W DS3,2XSVS PB-2000,4XMonitor Audio BX1 (Atmos),Sony VPL-HW65ES,Stewart 123" CIMA Neve Motorized, Dune HD Pro 4K, Mede8er x600 3D,Panasonic BD60,PS4
Tsunamijhoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off