Originally Posted by Caccamo
Hi @ all, i need some help to find the perfect player to my need.
For many years i have used my OPPO 105 to pick and direct play my Bluray rips (mkv) and High fidelity music from my NAS, on SAMBA network.
The Oppo also provide me some Netflix content.
Due to the LARGE library 20TB and new aviable stream channel (Amazon et.) i started to think to reorganize my media and stream solution. For my library i build up on my NAS a PLEX and EMBY server (i'm trying both). First problem i don't FIND a mediaplayer that can do a PLEX/EMBY client witouth problems.
In order i try:
- Roku Stick attached directly in the front HDMI of my OPPO: Poor Quality, channel restriction in my country, dated interface.
- Apple TV 3° and 4K: they don't read mkv format so PLEX or EMBY server have to direct stream the file to change container. i don't want this not' for a power problem for my NAS, i don't want that a program touch the rip of my films they are untouched rips 1:1 and i don't want compromise with the quality of the file.
- Nvidia Shield 2017: I haven't a good internet connection at home so all the gaming stuff are worthless for me. It seemed i founded a good solution for my media. Good interface, all the content i need, Plex or Emby Client, NetFllix, Amazon etc. but...
Emby client (my favorite meanwhile) have a bug on Nvidia Shield that force the conversion of all file with HD audio so the 95% of my library.
PLEX client instead works well, but there is a LAST BIG PROBLEM with all HD content (Plex, Netflix, Amazon and so on) When NvidiaShield play an HD content so the 100% of what i see a GREEN LINE on the BOTTOM of the TV appear and remain stuck until the stop of the HD content. i searched this and it's not my Nvidia shield broken but a known old bug, with for now no solution.
So until now i didn't found a good solution for me.
To recap i'm searching a mediaplayer with those features:
- A paragonable or better Video quality of Oppo 105 and the ability to PASSTHROUGH hd audio
- Can read MKW container and all the HD content (H264, Dolby true HD, DTS-Hd etc.)
- Working Emby (prefered) or Plex client
- Netflix and Amazon clients with all last features.
- I do not care 4K for now i still remain with my 1080P Plasma, (off course better if it's 4k capable to future proof)
Is there something that can fit all my needs?
Please help me
PS: Sorry for my poor English.
Out of those listed as tested, if you use Infuse or MrMC with your ATV4K it would do almost everything you want (read all of your MKVs and direct play without transcoding), but I believe neither of them have Plex or Emby integration. They are both 4k capable so "future proof". Infuse have stated that they want to include Plex client integration sometime in the future.
Room 1 system: Paradigm Reference Active 7.2 system, Anthem AVM50, Oppo BDP-103. Pioneer Elite 610HD. Room 2: Samsung 65HU8550 with SEK3500, Paradigm Monitor 5.1 system, Denon AVR-X2400H, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield, Apple TV 4k