Spectrum Choice, what do you think? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 158 Old 05-19-2018, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Made the jump today. It's already on my next bill! They charged me a bit more than I was expecting, but I got more than I was expecting too.

1st month charge was $27.85 for the base service and $19 the premium pack. 1st-month charges are usually higher than normal because they often include a pro-rated partial month. In my case I think I paid for an extra week, so I bet the price will drop to what I expected next month: $21.99, plus $15 for the premium pack. (Plus sales tax and a few fees.)

But meanwhile, I got not only my 10 requested channels, the premium pack, and local channels (which I don't need because I have an antenna, but the guy on the phone said it was only $3/month; for that low price I'm OK with them), but also several others. Not sure if there was a mistake on Spectrum's part; some of the extras were in the list I chose my 10 from, but aren't ones I chose! So those may go away before long.

One (very minor) annoyance: while watching MSNBC I couldn't help but notice just about every commercial break now includes a Spectrum ad! To be fair, Sling TV did the same thing, more or less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
So what your saying is they would give you these channels but it would not actually be streaming it would be done through the cable line?
My understanding is, you get both: streaming and cable. I'm just using streaming, because cable requires additional equipment from Spectrum (a CableCard at minimum). I suspect most folks who subscribe to this will similarly stick with streaming - a $30 Roku beats a cable box in just a few months - but I can see a few folks renting, say, a Spectrum DVR, or at least a CableCard for their TiVo, so they can record shows.

BTW, besides the listed devices, you can stream with a Web browser at watch.spectrum.net. Adobe Flash player must be enabled.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 05-21-2018 at 07:01 PM.
JHBrandt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 158 Old 05-19-2018, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdumy View Post
I know there was a site where I could sign up directly myself. I just had so many questions that I preferred the chat. And I think the chat people get bonus for sign-ups, so they push it. But I'm certain I could do it myself without chat.
I tried to sign up online and for whatever reason Spectrum's web site just wouldn't cooperate, either at home or at work. Then I tried signing up through the Spectrum app itself, but that subscribed me to the wrong package. So I ended up having to call to get that taken off and replaced with Choice. And yes, I had to read off the ten channels I wanted. Luckily I had a snail-mail offer that listed all the possible choices, and I'd already gone through and circled the ten my wife or I watched.

BTW the guy on the phone said even though the free trial is only 7 days (if you cancel within 7 days, they take it off your bill and you owe nothing), you have up to 30 days to change your 10 chosen networks.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 05-19-2018 at 02:40 PM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #33 of 158 Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Slightly off topic, I've been using Spectrum TV Choice for a week now, so I canceled Sling TV today. (Actually, service won't end until the end of my current billing period, so I'll still have it for a few more weeks.) It was simple and fairly painless; I give Sling kudos for not forcing its subscribers to call and argue with someone just to end service. Of course, they also make it simple and painless to re-subscribe if I change my mind, which I might when Spectrum's low prices go away in a couple of years.
JHBrandt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 158 Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
I tried to sign up online and for whatever reason Spectrum's web site just wouldn't cooperate, either at home or at work. Then I tried signing up through the Spectrum app itself, but that subscribed me to the wrong package. So I ended up having to call to get that taken off and replaced with Choice. And yes, I had to read off the ten channels I wanted. Luckily I had a snail-mail offer that listed all the possible choices, and I'd already gone through and circled the ten my wife or I watched.

BTW the guy on the phone said even though the free trial is only 7 days (if you cancel within 7 days, they take it off your bill and you owe nothing), you have up to 30 days to change your 10 chosen networks.
Funny thing is this service is available with STB's and / CableCARD tuners. I already turned in my CableCARDs and T.A.'s before they bothered to tell me about it. When I tried to see if I could sign up on line using the link from the email promoting it, I was pushed to the Select or above class of service although one day I was able to look at the Choice class of service. It seems that with Taxes and Broadcast Surcharge it pushes well beyond the advertised $22 and it has far fewer channels than, say, YoutubeTV. Considering all this, PASS. Charter, you got it wrong again.

I suspect I'll be seeing a huge increase in my internet costs going forward because they don't know how to deliver TV content in this environment it would seem and they'll be needing someplace else to make it up. Hopefully 5G will push down the cost of home internet but who knows as they're all the "same" company.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #35 of 158 Old 05-25-2018, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I ultimately didn't go for it either. It was more expensive and you needed a box if you wanted to DVR anything which racks up the charges and the taxes.

The thing they got right though is a choose your channels package.

Oh how I wish one of the streaming services would offer a cheaper package with a limit of channels but a choice what they are.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #36 of 158 Old 06-09-2018, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Has anyone actually used this service with a cable card? I have an old HD Homerun Prime lying around. I'm wondering if the channels will work in plex or emby, or do you have to use windows media center because of copy once flags?
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #37 of 158 Old 06-11-2018, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
@whiteboy714

If it works with their STB's they are required to support CableCARD.

BTW, I got an offer for this from Spectrum when my two Primes were already listed on eBay and had bids. I checked it out and I get more channels with YoutubeTV for $35 than I'd get with SpectrumChoice for $30 or whatever it is. Don't forget, the $8.85 "Broadcast Surcharge" to re-transmit what is free OTA and taxes are tacked on top of their monthly fee so it is actually more money for less content than one can get by streaming. That said, YoutubeTV does not include all the locals, just the main locals but for that I'm using an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro now.

I can use the HDHR app in ShieldTV and FireTV but not on Roku or Samsung Tizen due to the need to transcode. Emby handles this just fine but there's a bit of lag to start the stream while transcode on the fly spools up.

In my opinion, Spectrum FAILED on this as they could have made me aware when I dropped off my CableCARD's and TA's and canceled their TV Service. They failed again on pricing this service too high compared to what else is available.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #38 of 158 Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
I got my first bill, and it contained more info on the mysterious "standard rates."

The standard rate for basic TV Choice is $34.99/mo., which is in the ballpark with other streaming services like Sling TV. The two-year lock-in price is $21.99/mo as discussed previously, amounting to a $13/mo. current discount. The standard rate for the premium package is $40/mo. The two-year lock-in price is only $15/mo., so you'd get $25/mo. off of that at present.

Of course these prices will probably have gone up by the time the two-year lock-in runs out, but competitors like Sling probably will too, so I'll re-evaluate the situation after the lock-in runs out.

But there are also some fees, only one of which was disclosed when I signed up ($3/mo. for local programming). The major undisclosed fee was Spectrum's franchise fee; in my case that's $4.58/mo.! There are some other fees too, but they're only $1.46/mo., so the total of all fees is about $9/mo., meaning I'm still money ahead compared to Sling. (And of course there's sales tax but I had to pay that with Sling too.)

Right now I'm pretty satisfied with Spectrum, but I'd say Sling is a slightly better deal than Spectrum would be at these standard rates - I'd get more channels (albeit rarely watched ones) for a lower price - not to mention the option of a $5/mo. "cloud DVR" which Spectrum doesn't currently offer. OTOH I do get ESPN with Spectrum - the way Sling structures their packages make ESPN almost as expensive as a premium channel - and of course a lot depends on how well Sling will be able to compete with ISPs like Spectrum in a post-net-neutrality world. We'll see in a couple of years.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #39 of 158 Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
JoelWNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Has anyone actually used this service with a cable card? I have an old HD Homerun Prime lying around. I'm wondering if the channels will work in plex or emby, or do you have to use windows media center because of copy once flags?
Yes, this service works with a CableCARD. I have a HDHR Prime and use Spectrum TV Choice with it. Plex DVR is able to record everything but the HBO channels as they have the copy once flags. As an added bonus, the Prime supports DLNA as does my TV so I am able to connect directly to the HDHR over DLNA and watch TV that way, giving me surround sound whereas the Spectrum TV app for Roku does not output surround.
JoelWNelson is offline  
post #40 of 158 Old 07-03-2018, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Charter / Spectrum didn't even bother to offer this to me when I took in my CableCARD's and Tuning Adapters. No biggie though, I'm pretty happy with YoutubeTV and Hulu while I test Philo out. I'm saving money but I cannot stream CableNews outside the country anymore as I did previously with Emby. No biggie though I suppose. When I'm on Vacay I don't want to be bothered with the BS going on in the U.S. right now anyhow.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #41 of 158 Old 07-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Primestar31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Under the bridge (Lower Michigan)
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
Charter / Spectrum didn't even bother to offer this to me when I took in my CableCARD's and Tuning Adapters. No biggie though, I'm pretty happy with YoutubeTV and Hulu while I test Philo out. I'm saving money but I cannot stream CableNews outside the country anymore as I did previously with Emby. No biggie though I suppose. When I'm on Vacay I don't want to be bothered with the BS going on in the U.S. right now anyhow.

They won't offer it when you cancel. They'll wait about one month after you canceled, and then the snail-mailings will start, along with the non-stop phone calls from the shill CSR's. They also never stop calling (nor will they leave a message) if you never pick up. They'll rotate through at least 8 different Spectrum phone numbers, hoping you won't realize one of them is Spectrum, and actually pick up. In my case it's been 6 days a week up until 9pm, for over a year.
Sammy2 likes this.
Primestar31 is offline  
post #42 of 158 Old 07-03-2018, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primestar31 View Post
They won't offer it when you cancel. They'll wait about one month after you canceled, and then the snail-mailings will start, along with the non-stop phone calls from the shill CSR's. They also never stop calling (nor will they leave a message) if you never pick up. They'll rotate through at least 8 different Spectrum phone numbers, hoping you won't realize one of them is Spectrum, and actually pick up. In my case it's been 6 days a week up until 9pm, for over a year.
Sounds like a line out of Terminator.

Thus far, I've only got a few mails and emails.

It doesn't matter though. They had their chance when I was paying them for full CableTV to offer it to me and again when I turned in my equipment before I schlepped my Primes on eBay and got a Quatro and antenna instead.

Do they really think that I'm going to go through the pain of pairing a CableCARD and TA again? Nope.. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
Primestar31 and beerhunt like this.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #43 of 158 Old 07-06-2018, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
seggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: WNY
Posts: 2,388
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 135
For what I pay for their crappy cable internet, I should get every channel known to man for free. If I can't drop the OTA's (I have an antenna) and pick absolutely any channel, then I don't want it...

Seggers
Primestar31 likes this.

Sony XBR-85X900F, Oppo 203 UHD, Denon X6300H, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, PC DX12 sub, Def Tech A60 Atmos tops, the internet and a Nvidia Shield. There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
seggers is offline  
post #44 of 158 Old 08-10-2018, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Looks like Spectrum and NBC Universal are bickering negotiating. MSNBC is off Spectrum's service today, replaced by the message "We're sorry but this channel is currently unavailable. We are working to restore service as soon as possible." (MSNBC was there yesterday so this just happened today.)

Edit: Well, that was quick! MSNBC is back on Spectrum again, less than an hour after I noticed it was off.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 08-10-2018 at 05:51 PM.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #45 of 158 Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWNelson View Post
Yes, this service works with a CableCARD. I have a HDHR Prime and use Spectrum TV Choice with it. Plex DVR is able to record everything but the HBO channels as they have the copy once flags. As an added bonus, the Prime supports DLNA as does my TV so I am able to connect directly to the HDHR over DLNA and watch TV that way, giving me surround sound whereas the Spectrum TV app for Roku does not output surround.
Is this still working for you?

Anyone else using this service with a cablecard? I am going to go over to Charter and talk to them this week. I sold my Prime so I want to get some for sure info before I buy another.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #46 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
JoelWNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Is this still working for you?

Anyone else using this service with a cablecard? I am going to go over to Charter and talk to them this week. I sold my Prime so I want to get some for sure info before I buy another.
Still working fine! Legacy Charter market.
JoelWNelson is offline  
post #47 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWNelson View Post
Still working fine! Legacy Charter market.
Thank you for the quick response.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #48 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
How's that Sinclair outage coming along?

Loving my OTA. No "Broadcast Surcharge". No outages while the kids fight it out.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #49 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
How's that Sinclair outage coming along?

Loving my OTA. No "Broadcast Surcharge". No outages while the kids fight it out.
OTA si a bit of a struggle where I am at, so that has to be factored in.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #50 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,584
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1928 Post(s)
Liked: 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
I got my first bill, and it contained more info on the mysterious "standard rates."

The standard rate for basic TV Choice is $34.99/mo., which is in the ballpark with other streaming services like Sling TV. The two-year lock-in price is $21.99/mo as discussed previously, amounting to a $13/mo. current discount. The standard rate for the premium package is $40/mo. The two-year lock-in price is only $15/mo., so you'd get $25/mo. off of that at present.

Of course these prices will probably have gone up by the time the two-year lock-in runs out, but competitors like Sling probably will too, so I'll re-evaluate the situation after the lock-in runs out.

But there are also some fees, only one of which was disclosed when I signed up ($3/mo. for local programming). The major undisclosed fee was Spectrum's franchise fee; in my case that's $4.58/mo.! There are some other fees too, but they're only $1.46/mo., so the total of all fees is about $9/mo., meaning I'm still money ahead compared to Sling. (And of course there's sales tax but I had to pay that with Sling too.)

Right now I'm pretty satisfied with Spectrum, but I'd say Sling is a slightly better deal than Spectrum would be at these standard rates - I'd get more channels (albeit rarely watched ones) for a lower price - not to mention the option of a $5/mo. "cloud DVR" which Spectrum doesn't currently offer. OTOH I do get ESPN with Spectrum - the way Sling structures their packages make ESPN almost as expensive as a premium channel - and of course a lot depends on how well Sling will be able to compete with ISPs like Spectrum in a post-net-neutrality world. We'll see in a couple of years.
Franchise Fee is really another city tax the cable company is just collecting it. If it's telecommunications a city will get it's cut.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #51 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JHBrandt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: S. Garland, TX
Posts: 6,677
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2662 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
To be clear, I don't have a problem with franchise fees existing: they're negotiated between the cable co. and the city when their contract is agreed to (unlike a true tax, which is imposed by the government unilaterally). I don't even have a problem with them being itemized separately on my bill. My problem is simply that they aren't included in the prices quoted by cable companies, making apples-to-apples comparisons with competitors like Sling TV (that don't use city rights-of-way, and therefore don't pay franchise fees) impossible. With cable, you don't know what your bill is going to be until after you've already signed up! (Phone companies are notorious for doing this too, of course.)

In my case, it worked out anyway. I'm still a Spectrum TV customer. Still, simple fairness would argue that the offer price should include any costs of doing business, even if the business chooses to list those costs separately when printing the bills. In this case, Spectrum should have quoted, say, $27.99/mo., then when the bill came in, it would list a base charge plus all the same fees, but they would total to $27.99, rather than starting at an artificially low $21.99 and adding fees on from there.

Most businesses aren't allowed to do this. When you order a menu item at a restaurant, you know they aren't going to tack on a "health inspection fee," a "property tax recovery fee," and an "obeying the law fee," and hand you a bill 35% higher than what was printed on the menu. They're just going to add sales tax (maybe a gratuity if it's a full service restaurant and you have a large party). Thus, you can compare restaurant prices with confidence. But cable & phone companies are allowed to low-ball their offers this way, so they have every incentive to do so, even when they know darn well the true price will be several dollars higher.
sheshechic likes this.
JHBrandt is offline  
post #52 of 158 Old 01-16-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I went to the local office today and got signed up. Looks like it's going to be just under $30 when it's said and done. I'm happy with that. That's including a cable card rental.

I don't have the hdhr prime yet so just tried out the app on my TV. Annoying that they don't have an app for Android TV. Hopefully they will some day for the on demand stuff.
sheshechic likes this.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #53 of 158 Old 01-17-2019, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
spencer777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
I went to the local office today and got signed up. Looks like it's going to be just under $30 when it's said and done. I'm happy with that. That's including a cable card rental.

I don't have the hdhr prime yet so just tried out the app on my TV. Annoying that they don't have an app for Android TV. Hopefully they will some day for the on demand stuff.
Download an app Called Fitzy tv an log in with your Spectrum credentials. He also has an optional Dvr
rockaway1836 likes this.
spencer777 is offline  
post #54 of 158 Old 01-17-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer777 View Post
Download an app Called Fitzy tv an log in with your Spectrum credentials. He also has an optional Dvr
Thanks never heard of it.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #55 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer777 View Post
Download an app Called Fitzy tv an log in with your Spectrum credentials. He also has an optional Dvr
Unfortunately for me, upon canceling Spectrum choice my login through Fitzy TV quit working as did all my logins on the over-the-top apps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy2 is offline  
post #56 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
Unfortunately for me, upon canceling Spectrum choice my login through Fitzy TV quit working as did all my logins on the over-the-top apps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
What other apps were you using? It seems like most of the network apps are paid now and I can't login like you could before with your provider credentials.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #57 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
What other apps were you using? It seems like most of the network apps are paid now and I can't login like you could before with your provider credentials.
Mainly FXNow and FoxSports..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy2 is offline  
post #58 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
Mainly FXNow and FoxSports..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Oh wow thanks man. I can access apps to channels I don't even subscribe to. Sweet! I gotta hunt around to see what's all available.
whiteboy714 is offline  
post #59 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Oh wow thanks man. I can access apps to channels I don't even subscribe to. Sweet! I gotta hunt around to see what's all available.
There's very limited content without a "TV Provider".

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy2 is offline  
post #60 of 158 Old 01-18-2019, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,581
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
There's very limited content without a "TV Provider".

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Well that's the thing with this spectrum choice streaming service I can sign in with my provider just like having cable. Pretty sweet. It keeps getting better.
whiteboy714 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off