tidal airplay problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-28-2018, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
tidal airplay problem

hi all, I'm new to streaming don't know if anyone can help me with a problem?
I have just joined tidal on a free trial and I have downloaded their desktop version to my Mac. when I play a track a can't see an airplay button anywhere to stream it to my denon avr 2300w, does anyone know where it is or how do I stream it to the denon?
I have the mobile app on the iPhone and the airplay button is no problem to find and streams straight to the denon, but to listen to master albums I have to use the desktop version and thats where the problem lies.
any help much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-28-2018, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbillr1 View Post
I have just joined tidal on a free trial and I have downloaded their desktop version to my Mac. when I play a track a can't see an airplay button anywhere to stream it to my denon avr 2300w, does anyone know where it is or how do I stream it to the denon?
I have the mobile app on the iPhone and the airplay button is no problem to find and streams straight to the denon, but to listen to master albums I have to use the desktop version and thats where the problem lies.
I don't believe you can airplay from the desktop.

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2018, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzer soze View Post
I don't believe you can airplay from the desktop.
thanx for your reply. it's pointless me paying the extra for master albums, tidal need to sort this out, or is there another way to stream it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
thanx for your reply. it's pointless me paying the extra for master albums, tidal need to sort this out, or is there another way to stream it?
Hmm you might want to ask in the dedicated tidal thread. For me I have a htpc hooked up to my receiver so i have no issue playing mqa in tidal. I know the bluesound node can do mqa:

http://www.bluesound.com/products/node-2/?cl

Here's the tidal thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...thread-63.html

Ascend Sierra 2's (LCR & side surrounds) + Pioneer atmos modules. 5.1.4 setup
Marantz AV7703
Rythmik FV15HP
JVC DLA-X590R (RS 440) projector
Stewart StudioTek 130 screen
post #5 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
You can easily stream from your desktop via your Airplay to stereo. I do it all the time. Place your cursor over the volume icon at the top of your screen and click it. (If your volume bar is not on the top of your desktop, go to System Preferences>Sound>Output and click the option at the bottom of the dialogue box that says "Show volume in menu bar." When you click the volume icon on your menu bar (at the top of your screen) a drop-down menu should appear that not only lets you adjust the volume but also gives you options for "output devices." You will find whatever you have named your Airplay device in that menu. Simply click it and you will be able to stream Tidal on your desktop (or anything on your desktop) to your stereo.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I was checking mine.Desktop version and don't have those options.I have settings no system preferences.In the settings I have the sound output drop down but only selection is my computer speakers? When I go to the devices (offline devices) it shows several available but its faded out so cant select it only shows my iphone with the option to remove.. I have roon and usually use tidal thru that without a problem.But the actual desktop tidal doesn't. Wondering since I have tidal in roon the desktop app wont work except via computer speakers.

Sony XBR65A1E,(Pioneer 500m relocated), AppleTv 4K,Marantz sr7012, System Audio Loudspeakers( sa1750 mains), ML Grotto.
Eastern Electric Minimax cd, Oppo UDP-203, Toshiba HD, Pro Ject 1expression Carbon TT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page