New Zidoo Z9S and Z10 (RTD1296 SoC) - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 470Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1556 Old 05-17-2019, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
I read that seamless branching was fixed in 2.1.40 beta:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thre...release.45221/
Specifically:

Isn't that true? Not all cases are covered?

Regarding not working forced subtitles, is it sufficient to select it manually to solve?
OK, checked, I am running 2.1.40 and there are still issues with seamless branching, e.g audio dropout, so the answer is NO. Both the Pro 4K and the Oppo 203 play seamless branched titles with no issues.

Yes, if you are happy with the scenario where you are watching the movie, then there’s a non English dialogue section, rewind, select subs and replay that section.

Forced subs is one of those basic functions that just needs to work reliably. Dune and Oppo have solved it and there are other media players that don’t have the issue.
blenky likes this.

Last edited by Whirlpool0548; 05-17-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 04:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
OK, checked, I am running 2.1.40 and there are still issues with seamless branching, e.g audio dropout, so the answer is NO. Both the Pro 4K and the Oppo 203 play seamless branched titles with no issues.

Yes, if you are happy with the scenario where you are watching the movie, then there’s a non English dialogue section, rewind, select subs and replay that section.

Forced subs is one of those basic functions that just needs to work reliably. Dune and Oppo have solved it and there are other media players that don’t have the issue.
What are some examples of movies that have issues with with seamless branching? Wanna test them on my new Z1000 to see if it has issues with it as well.
jwort93 is online now  
post #1173 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
What are some examples of movies that have issues with with seamless branching? Wanna test them on my new Z1000 to see if it has issues with it as well.
Try Incredibles2 Blu-Ray, which comprises many m2ts files and is problematic from the start.
Thor Ragnarok Blu-Ray, e.g where the dragon is chasing and about to catch Thor near the start of the movie. There are other seamless branch points in that movie.
Can’t see it why it would be any better on the Z1000, Zidoo Just haven’t got a handle on this issue.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1174 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
Try Incredibles2 Blu-Ray, which comprises many m2ts files and is problematic from the start.
Thor Ragnarok Blu-Ray, e.g where the dragon is chasing and about to catch Thor near the start of the movie. There are other seamless branch points in that movie.
Can’t see it why it would be any better on the Z1000, Zidoo Just haven’t got a handle on this issue.
Does it happen with both the 4k and 1080p Blu-rays for both of those movies? Not sure which one I should rip.
jwort93 is online now  
post #1175 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
Does it happen with both the 4k and 1080p Blu-rays for both of those movies? Not sure which one I should rip.
From other posts the 4k version of Incredibles2 also has the issue, can’t say whether the 4k version of Thor Ragnarok has the issue. I suspect it does.

If you want a more methodical method, run Bdinfo against the movie, look at the main playlist and see if it comprises multiple m2ts files. Check the timings and play the movie over those time points.

Zidoo have been reducing the glitch that occurs between m2ts files, but it’s still there.
Dune solved seamless branching for HD blu-Ray in July last year, and recently solved it for UHD blu-Ray with their recent UHD blu-Ray menu implementation.

But, Zidoo’s HD and UHD blu-Ray menu implementation is also hit and miss. Some titles work after multiple play attempts e.g Venom UHD doesn’t always play correctly.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1176 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 07:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
From other posts the 4k version of Incredibles2 also has the issue, can’t say whether the 4k version of Thor Ragnarok has the issue. I suspect it does.

If you want a more methodical method, run Bdinfo against the movie, look at the main playlist and see if it comprises multiple m2ts files. Check the timings and play the movie over those time points.

Zidoo have been reducing the glitch that occurs between m2ts files, but it’s still there.
Dune solved seamless branching for HD blu-Ray in July last year, and recently solved it for UHD blu-Ray with their recent UHD blu-Ray menu implementation.
I have seamless branching issues with Incredibles 2 when playing back via the full disc menu, but if I tell the Zidoo just to playback the main title, it plays without issue. Is that what you notice as well?
jwort93 is online now  
post #1177 of 1556 Old 05-18-2019, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwort93 View Post
I have seamless branching issues with Incredibles 2 when playing back via the full disc menu, but if I tell the Zidoo just to playback the main title, it plays without issue. Is that what you notice as well?
I haven’t tried it but suspect you may be correct, most of Zidoo’s issues stem from their problematic blu-Ray menu implementation. Dune have been doing this stuff a lot longer, and it shows in the success of their blu-Ray menu implementation.

Incidentally, playing the main title is a poor compromise, since full blu-Ray menu is required for E.g. forced subs to work correctly.

Last edited by Whirlpool0548; 05-18-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1178 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 01:24 AM
Member
 
CyberPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
I haven’t tried it but suspect you may be correct, most of Zidoo’s issues stem from their problematic blu-Ray menu implementation. Dune have been doing this stuff a lot longer, and it shows in the success of their blu-Ray menu implementation.

Incidentally, playing the main title is a poor compromise, since full blu-Ray menu is required for E.g. forced subs to work correctly.
However Zidoo player is newer and Dune had more time to fix the issues... Do you think Zidoo is not going to improve the things in the future and fix all the issues? I'm asking genuinely, because I'm thinking to return it.
Do you think buying the Dune player I'm not going to regret having returned the Zidoo player?
CyberPaul is offline  
post #1179 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 02:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
However Zidoo player is newer and Dune had more time to fix the issues... Do you think Zidoo is not going to improve the things in the future and fix all the issues? I'm asking genuinely, because I'm thinking to return it.
Do you think buying the Dune player I'm not going to regret having returned the Zidoo player?
The incremental improvements to seamless branching indicates that Zidoo are aware of the issue and are attempting to fix it, but they also need to fix their glitchy blu-Ray menu implementation. (Do you agree blu-ray menus are glitchy ?). The Z9s has better DVD playback.

The Pro 4K still has the stutter issue, but Dune are aware and may attempt a fix.

It’s a difficult decision and depends on whether you are OK with waiting for Zidoo and playing the main movie as a workaround until they fix seamless branching.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1180 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 02:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
indieke2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
However Zidoo player is newer and Dune had more time to fix the issues... Do you think Zidoo is not going to improve the things in the future and fix all the issues? I'm asking genuinely, because I'm thinking to return it.
Do you think buying the Dune player I'm not going to regret having returned the Zidoo player?
All these players have their issues. I am sure that if you have the Dune, you find something else you not like. I have both and use the Ziddo more. I not use 4 K much, as I not play that easy, because I might have a UHD HDR tv, fact is, I prefer to see material on my Sony projector. For 1080 P material, I not have many issues. Yesterday, I did had an legal 4 K download, it would not play on the Dune, and would on the Zidoo, no idea why.

I like the Zidoo, because their movie wall refresh fast as lightening, when something is added to the hard disc...

I like my HT, wine and pretty girls. But...am I the only one
indieke2 is offline  
post #1181 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 03:05 AM
Senior Member
 
silver-eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Heads up!

Wd 10TB external HDD at 79.99$ at amazon.com

WD 10TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0100HBK-NESN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMH78R5..._8gs4CbD8QXY4W

Just in case anybody needs some extra storage
MOberhardt likes this.
silver-eye is offline  
post #1182 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke2 View Post
All these players have their issues. I am sure that if you have the Dune, you find something else you not like. I have both and use the Ziddo more. I not use 4 K much, as I not play that easy, because I might have a UHD HDR tv, fact is, I prefer to see material on my Sony projector. For 1080 P material, I not have many issues. Yesterday, I did had an legal 4 K download, it would not play on the Dune, and would on the Zidoo, no idea why.

I like the Zidoo, because their movie wall refresh fast as lightening, when something is added to the hard disc...

What was the 4k movie that would not play and how were you attempting to play it (BDMV folders, Blu-ray menu or ISO etc.)
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1183 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
indieke2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
What was the 4k movie that would not play and how were you attempting to play it (BDMV folders, Blu-ray menu or ISO etc.)
Not relevant. It was a Amazon DL 4k HDR, that played perfectly on the zidoo, and not on the Dune

I like my HT, wine and pretty girls. But...am I the only one
indieke2 is offline  
post #1184 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 05:54 AM
Member
 
schumy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-eye View Post
Heads up!

Wd 10TB external HDD at 79.99$ at amazon.com

WD 10TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0100HBK-NESN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMH78R5..._8gs4CbD8QXY4W


Just in case anybody needs some extra storage
Great price but I wasn't fast enough to make the
Purchase now it is $2xx... Do u know how to find this kind of great deals again? Many thanks
schumy is offline  
post #1185 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieke2 View Post
Not relevant. It was a Amazon DL 4k HDR, that played perfectly on the zidoo, and not on the Dune
Interesting your example - Amazon DL 4k HDR, that played perfectly on the zidoo is not relevant, so how relevant are all the examples of original HD blu-Ray movies that play with glitches or are even unplayable via blu-Ray menu because of playback issues on the Z9S or have missing forced subs but play perfectly on the Pro 4K ?

I havn’t encountered any movie, HD or UHD that won’t play flawlessly on the Pro 4k, handling seamless branching and forced subs.

Last edited by Whirlpool0548; 05-19-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1186 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlpool0548 View Post
Interesting your example - Amazon DL 4k HDR, that played perfectly on the zidoo is not relevant, so how relevant are all the examples of original HD blu-Ray movies that play with glitches or are even unplayable via blu-Ray menu because of playback issues on the Z9S or have missing forced subs but play perfectly on the Pro 4K ?

I havn’t encountered any movie, HD or UHD that won’t play flawlessly on the Pro 4k, handling seamless branching and forced subs.
You are absolutely correct. Where the Dune shines is its ability to, as you say, flawlessly play anything via menus. The Dune $K in that respect is now as good as Dunes of old. It feels as if you are playing from an actual disk where the Zidoo you are always conscious of the BD engine not being totally correct.

However the Zidoo is improving in a number of areas - but I haven't see any improvement in UHD\HD blu ray handling in the last few firmwares.

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is online now  
post #1187 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
You are absolutely correct. Where the Dune shines is its ability to, as you say, flawlessly play anything via menus. The Dune $K in that respect is now as good as Dunes of old. It feels as if you are playing from an actual disk where the Zidoo you are always conscious of the BD engine not being totally correct.

However the Zidoo is improving in a number of areas - but I haven't see any improvement in UHD\HD blu ray handling in the last few firmwares.

There's a new firmware imminent - not sure if they've improved on the UHD/BD menu stuff because that didn't enter the conversation, but I had an email last week regarding some 232 stuff that needed sorting.


For quite a while now the Zidoo has done exactly what I need from it - frame perfect 4K movie rendition with a very polished scraper - but the recent improvements and UI tweaks have been extremely welcome.


By the way, not sure if "Dune $K" above was a typo, but it did make me laugh

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #1188 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
There's a new firmware imminent - not sure if they've improved on the UHD/BD menu stuff because that didn't enter the conversation, but I had an email last week regarding some 232 stuff that needed sorting.


For quite a while now the Zidoo has done exactly what I need from it - frame perfect 4K movie rendition with a very polished scraper - but the recent improvements and UI tweaks have been extremely welcome.


By the way, not sure if "Dune $K" above was a typo, but it did make me laugh
I've emailed Zidoo more than once giving specific instances on menu playback issues. They always respond and say they've passed my comments on. We can only hope.

Hopefully included in the 232 items is seamless branching and forced subs - plus significant improvements to HT2!

Yes Dune $K was a typo!!

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is online now  
post #1189 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
I've emailed Zidoo more than once giving specific instances on menu playback issues. They always respond and say they've passed my comments on. We can only hope.

Hopefully included in the 232 items is seamless branching and forced subs - plus significant improvements to HT2!

Yes Dune $K was a typo!!

I do know they're working on it and they've previously said they've got an internal build with seamless branching working.. Have to be honest and say it makes zero difference to me, but it'd be nice to see it in the release notes...

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #1190 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
There's a new firmware imminent - not sure if they've improved on the UHD/BD menu stuff because that didn't enter the conversation, but I had an email last week regarding some 232 stuff that needed sorting.


For quite a while now the Zidoo has done exactly what I need from it - frame perfect 4K movie rendition with a very polished scraper - but the recent improvements and UI tweaks have been extremely welcome.


By the way, not sure if "Dune $K" above was a typo, but it did make me laugh
You need to be accurate, otherwise your comments could be misleading.
As usual, you quote “frame perfect 4K movie rendition”, but you fail to mention that you are talking about playing an MKV.

Good to hear the Z9s does exactly what you need from it.
Hopefully in addition to UI tweaks Zidoo recognise that basic functionality also needs some serious tweaks, for the benefit of the rest of the user base.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
post #1191 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: California's Redwood Coast
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Need Help Updating Firmware/Software

The Z9S is my back-up player. Today I decided I should update the firmware/software. The first thing I did was try to Update via Internet and received a "you have the latest update" message. It says it is V1.7.8, so it would appear that I'm way out of date. However I'm puzzled that the device says it is "current".

How would you suggest I Update? I would assume a usb-drive, formatted to FAT-32 in required. Are their separate Updates for Firmware & Software or is the term interchangeable on this device?
Thanks in Advice.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
johng is offline  
post #1192 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,204
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
The Z9S is my back-up player. Today I decided I should update the firmware/software. The first thing I did was try to Update via Internet and received a "you have the latest update" message. It says it is V1.7.8, so it would appear that I'm way out of date. However I'm puzzled that the device says it is "current".

How would you suggest I Update? I would assume a usb-drive, formatted to FAT-32 in required. Are their separate Updates for Firmware & Software or is the term interchangeable on this device?
Thanks in Advice.
Zidoo internet update doesn't work. You can put the update on a NAS share, navigate to it, and install from there.

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
post #1193 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hove, UK
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
The Z9S is my back-up player. Today I decided I should update the firmware/software. The first thing I did was try to Update via Internet and received a "you have the latest update" message. It says it is V1.7.8, so it would appear that I'm way out of date. However I'm puzzled that the device says it is "current".

How would you suggest I Update? I would assume a usb-drive, formatted to FAT-32 in required. Are their separate Updates for Firmware & Software or is the term interchangeable on this device?
Thanks in Advice.
Get the latest version here from the link here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thre...release.48457/

which also has instructions.

I think this will also include a updated version of HT2 that has a bug - no longer auto updates. Therefore after upgrading get the fixed version here

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_v2.1.9.apk

Samsung UE55KS8000 | Pioneer SC-LX701 | Dune HD Pro 4K | Zidoo Z9S | Apple TV 4K | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Player
blenky is online now  
post #1194 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: California's Redwood Coast
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenky View Post
Get the latest version here from the link here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thre...release.48457/

which also has instructions.

I think this will also include a updated version of HT2 that has a bug - no longer auto updates. Therefore after upgrading get the fixed version here

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_v2.1.9.apk
Thank you very much. I'll give it a go and post back on the results.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
johng is offline  
post #1195 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,451
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3404 Post(s)
Liked: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-eye View Post
Heads up!

Wd 10TB external HDD at 79.99$ at amazon.com

WD 10TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0100HBK-NESN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMH78R5..._8gs4CbD8QXY4W

Just in case anybody needs some extra storage
Haha...

Ordered 6 10TB HDD @ $80 each and 6 4TB HDD @ $55 each.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is online now  
post #1196 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: California's Redwood Coast
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 107
OK, the update worked perfectly, but I'm not sure how to install the HT2 file. When i try to update it says the file is already installed. Do I remove the installation of HT2, and if so, how do I do that?
Thanks again.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
johng is offline  
post #1197 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 11:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
OK, the update worked perfectly, but I'm not sure how to install the HT2 file. When i try to update it says the file is already installed. Do I remove the installation of HT2, and if so, how do I do that?
Thanks again.

There was a known issue on the previous version, v2.2.56 which was:


"Known issue : HT2 unable to scan local devices, please install the below version."


So it only affected local scans and was addressed with a separate upgrade to HT2.


However, this issue was fixed in later firmware and v2.2.61 includes the fix, so you're good to go.

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #1198 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 11:33 PM
Member
 
mike_carton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Yes indeed, forced subtitles are working on MKVs.


If you have subtitles turned off but start an MKV with forced subs, a message comes up saying "English forced subtitles enabled" for example, and the subs come up perfectly.

Catching up after a few days off. This is a huge deal. For me at least. If this works for both 2K MKVs and 4K MKVs. Now if they support external scraper files without needing to rename files...

Last edited by mike_carton; 05-19-2019 at 11:47 PM.
mike_carton is offline  
post #1199 of 1556 Old 05-19-2019, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markswift2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK, Europe.
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Catching up after a few dayss off. This is a huge deal. For me at least. If this works for both 2K MKVs and 4K MKVs.

Yes indeed, works for both.

Zidoo Z9S | Dune Pro 4K | HDFury Vertex | 32TB mirrored storage
Denon AVC-X8500H | JVC DLA X7000 | Screen Research 9ft multi aspect ClearPix 2 ISF screen
3 x PMC IB2S fronts | 4 x PMC Wafer 2 rears | 4 x PMC Wafer 1 ceiling | 2 x M&K SS550 THX height | Rel Stentor III
A pair of slippers, a comfy sofa and a glass of 16 year old single malt
markswift2003 is offline  
post #1200 of 1556 Old 05-20-2019, 12:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by markswift2003 View Post
Yes indeed, works for both.
But works for neither with HD/UHD BDMV folders and ISOs.
Whirlpool0548 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off