Originally Posted by raynist
Thanks. If it an easy thing to do?
What software do I need?
Thanks for your help!
I haven’t tried the following procedure, but researching suggest that it should be possible to use the built-in openWRT to allow each Z9s to see the other’s attached drive.
No additional software required.
The objective is to enable SMB in each machine’s openWRT and share the Respective attached HDD.
To enable either Samba or FTP servers on Zidoo box using OpenWRT.
(In the following steps, you should be able to use the web browser from the Z9s to manage the openWRT config on that Z9s).
Repeat the following procedure on each Z9s.
1. Find the IP address of your Z9S/Z10/X20/X20 Pro on your local network. Home screen - About. (e.g. 192.168.0.33)
2. Access that IP address from the Z9s’s web browser. The default password is a blank space (highly recommended to change it on first use!).
3. Go to NAS Services in the OpenWRT menu, then the Samba or FTP options. Check the 'enable' box to turn on.
4. For Samba, select which directories you want to share by selecting 'Add' at the bottom. If you want to share everything enter / in the path box. All attached storage is at path /mnt
5. Selected folders should now be visible to the network as Samba shares (or FTP folder if FTP chosen).