Originally Posted by chiquito3
Is there a somewhere where I can find some tutorials on how to use the NAS features of the Zido Z9S?
I donâ€™️t have a tutorial link but this could be useful....hope you can get it working.
I havenâ€™️t tried the following procedure, but researching suggest that it should be possible to use the built-in openWRT to allow other devices on your network to see drives attached to your Z9s
No additional software required.
The objective is to enable SMB in your Z9s using openWRT and share the Respective attached HDDs
To enable either Samba or FTP servers on Zidoo box using OpenWRT.
(In the following steps, you should be able to use the web browser from the Z9s to manage the openWRT config on that Z9s)
1. Find the IP address of your Z9S/Z10/X20/X20 Pro on your local network. Home screen - About. (e.g. 192.168.0.33)
2. Access that IP address from the Z9sâ€™️s web browser. The default password is a blank space (highly recommended to change it on first use!).
3. Go to NAS Services in the OpenWRT menu, then the Samba or FTP options. Check the 'enable' box to turn on.
4. For Samba, select which directories you want to share by selecting 'Add' at the bottom. If you want to share everything enter / in the path box. All attached storage is at path /mnt
5. Selected folders should now be visible to the network as Samba shares (or FTP folder if FTP chosen).