Official 2018 (new) FireTV Stick 4K--Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Dolby Atmos - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1189Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2521 of 2796 Old 04-16-2020, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
meles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
No Atmos on the AppleTV app tho. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t work.
yeah I'd like that as the PCMAtmos output by Xbox and Apple TV 4K does not allow me to use my big subwoofers (Oppo hdmi input won't take the pcmAtmos and my subs powered by its analog subwoofer output.) That format choice by Apple may mean they won't be doing Atmos on other devices anytime soon. No Vudu on Fire Cube and Movies Anywhere does not seem to be upgrading older movies to Atmos let alone Dolby Vision. For me ongoing I won't be purchasing any non-movies anywhere titles in Atmos on Apple. I've got Vudu on Sony X700 and Shield Pro that will get the job done for MA titles, but often Apple is the only one with 4K. Let's hope Amazon allows Vudu on Fire Devices which is really, really dumb. As it stands they are just an incomplete device and Amazon Prime also a bit budget not doing much Atmos or Dolby Vision.

-The single digits are where the magic lies.....they deliver a 'touch of god' sensation that sometimes makes the hairs on one's arms stand up. It's hard to describe but it feels like you are there in the recording studio with the artist and "feeling" them move as they are playing the instrument. You can't see them, but you can feel them as movements are happening on the floor below you. - trhought
meles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2522 of 2796 Old 04-16-2020, 11:47 AM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Topanga CA
Posts: 1,047
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Are there any streaming devices that support Netflix 24p and 4k HDR?
GGA is offline  
post #2523 of 2796 Old 04-16-2020, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,973
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
Are there any streaming devices that support Netflix 24p and 4k HDR?
The Apple TV4K and the Nvidia Shield both support 23.967 fps and the Shield also supports 24.000 fps which you'll find in a lot of Netflix Originals such as "The Witcher". They both are HDR-capable as well.
GGA, dwaleke and galonzo like this.
Keenan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2524 of 2796 Old 04-17-2020, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
blade005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 879
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
It may be an example of Disney saving bandwidth where they can. I just checked the same movies on my Roku which can not support Dolby Vision HDR and the Disney movies play in HDR10 2160p.
In my experience there is no bandwidth difference between a 4K SDR, 4K HDR10 or 4K Dolby Vision stream. They all require about 15Mbps. The big difference is when you drop from 4K to 1080p. 1080p stream requires about 3.5Mbps to 5Mbps depending on the streaming service. That is likely where they are making throttling decisions based on resources available.
aaronwt likes this.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
blade005 is online now  
post #2525 of 2796 Old 04-17-2020, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,437
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2023 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade005 View Post
In my experience there is no bandwidth difference between a 4K SDR, 4K HDR10 or 4K Dolby Vision stream. They all require about 15Mbps. The big difference is when you drop from 4K to 1080p. 1080p stream requires about 3.5Mbps to 5Mbps depending on the streaming service. That is likely where they are making throttling decisions based on resources available.
Correct I was getting Dolby Vision 1080p versus HDR10 4K. DV HDR can be broadcast at 1080p.

Last edited by naustin; 04-17-2020 at 08:28 PM.
naustin is offline  
post #2526 of 2796 Old 04-17-2020, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,484
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
The Apple TV4K and the Nvidia Shield both support 23.967 fps and the Shield also supports 24.000 fps which you'll find in a lot of Netflix Originals such as "The Witcher". They both are HDR-capable as well.
The 4k Stick supports 24fps too with native Amazon content and on Kodi using the Netflix and Prime addons.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #2527 of 2796 Old 04-18-2020, 06:52 PM
Member
 
vkirienko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder if anybody experienced anything like that with Fire TV 4K. Tried every advise I could google but still see this white noise when there anything light on the screen. This is on 10 years old Samsung that support 1080.

The same stick works fine on other TV that is 4K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	2712252  
vkirienko is offline  
post #2528 of 2796 Old 04-18-2020, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Matt L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 6,160
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 688
DaveFi - quick question o the NF plug in with Kodi, am I missing something or do you always have to reset the video stream? I was watching Ozark and every time a new episode came on I had to go and change the resolution back to 15mbs.

As to Amazon any other advantage to using Kodi vs the Amazon app on the FS?

Btw, thanks again for the NF atmos fix, really enjoy it.
Matt L is offline  
post #2529 of 2796 Old 04-19-2020, 01:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,484
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
DaveFi - quick question o the NF plug in with Kodi, am I missing something or do you always have to reset the video stream? I was watching Ozark and every time a new episode came on I had to go and change the resolution back to 15mbs.

As to Amazon any other advantage to using Kodi vs the Amazon app on the FS?

Btw, thanks again for the NF atmos fix, really enjoy it.
If you run the configuration wizard in the Kodi Netflix addon it should telll you how to set it up properly. You need to configure not just the Netflix addon but the Inputstream Adaptive addon as well.

My main issue with the Kodi Netflix addon is the stuttering Which makes it unwatchable for me. No stuttering on my Shield which leads me to believe the Fire Stick just doesn’t have enough processing power to run it properly.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #2530 of 2796 Old 04-20-2020, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 3,437
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2023 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
With Vudu no longer being owned by Walmart, I wonder if the FireTV will finally get the App.
https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/418
aaronwt, shoman94 and brotony like this.
naustin is offline  
post #2531 of 2796 Old 04-20-2020, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 22,131
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4096 Post(s)
Liked: 3408
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
With Vudu no longer being owned by Walmart, I wonder if the FireTV will finally get the App.
https://vudu.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/418
There's already a Fandango app, so you'd think so. Also possible that Vudu will go away completely and content switched over to Fandango.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #2532 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 8,197
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5751 Post(s)
Liked: 3845
I don't use my FireTV often but I tested the AppleTV app the other night comparing it to the AppleTV in Dolby Vision watching SEE in Episode 6 in the underground caves and I was amazed how elevated the black levels were on the FireTV 4k compared to the AppleTV4k.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018 Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio M50-E1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Marantz SR6013, AppleTV-4K, XBox One & (X), NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #2533 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sdiver2489's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I think I have given up on my FireTV. For at least a few months now I've been having off and on lip sync problems with it. It is connected to my Denon 4520H directly. My TV is an LG OLED C8 65". Lip sync at least through Netflix phases in and out. Sometimes its absolutely awful where it has to be right around 250ms off and other times it is correct. I tried manually setting a delay of around 180ms on the Denon and that seemed to be better but because the lip sync phases in and out this still is off sometimes just in the opposite direction. I played some youtube lipsync tests to get this 180ms value.

So now I am using the apps on my TV for streaming with no issue. The TV has ARC back to the receiver for sound so DD+ is still possible and dolby vision works fine.

I don't understand why the TV->receiver is great but the FireTV->receiver->TV is not but no other device I have has lip sync issues so I can only blame the fire stick for now.

The only reason I used it was because it has access to more apps sometimes than the TV does.

I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has encountered this issue before and found an actual fix. Online most suggestions I have seen says to put the audio into stereo mode...that's just a showstopper right there.
Sdiver2489 is offline  
post #2534 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,956
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9984 Post(s)
Liked: 6653
What happens when you put the TV in GAme mode so it's doing less processing? Does that greatly reduce the lipsync issue.

I can't say that I've run into any lipsync issues from my 4k FireTv sticks. One going to an Onkyo receiver and then to a TCL UHD TV. And the other going to a Vizio speaker bar and then to a Sony UHD TV.
galonzo likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #2535 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
calculon68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 73
No lip sync issues on my 4K Sticks either. (Yamaha AVR, LG B9 OLED 65", TLC 50") But I'm running @ 23.97fps.



I do see occasional lip sync loss with PLEX.
calculon68 is offline  
post #2536 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
danlshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Okolona, KY
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
Online most suggestions I have seen says to put the audio into stereo mode...that's just a showstopper right there.
I think you only need to do that so that you can switch to manual settings and clear the cache on your apps. After doing that and rebooting you should be able to revert surround.

--
Dan Shane
LG 65EF9500 & LG 65UH8500

God gave us two eyes for a reason.
danlshane is offline  
post #2537 of 2796 Old 04-21-2020, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RickD1225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,721
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 3326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver2489 View Post
I think I have given up on my FireTV. For at least a few months now I've been having off and on lip sync problems with it. It is connected to my Denon 4520H directly. My TV is an LG OLED C8 65". Lip sync at least through Netflix phases in and out. Sometimes its absolutely awful where it has to be right around 250ms off and other times it is correct. I tried manually setting a delay of around 180ms on the Denon and that seemed to be better but because the lip sync phases in and out this still is off sometimes just in the opposite direction. I played some youtube lipsync tests to get this 180ms value.

So now I am using the apps on my TV for streaming with no issue. The TV has ARC back to the receiver for sound so DD+ is still possible and dolby vision works fine.

I don't understand why the TV->receiver is great but the FireTV->receiver->TV is not but no other device I have has lip sync issues so I can only blame the fire stick for now.

The only reason I used it was because it has access to more apps sometimes than the TV does.

I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has encountered this issue before and found an actual fix. Online most suggestions I have seen says to put the audio into stereo mode...that's just a showstopper right there.
Have you tried plugging it into the TV and using ARC to the AVR?

Spoiler!
RickD1225 is online now  
post #2538 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 04:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Hi, new owner here. All appears to be working well. Really love it. Great value. Getting HDR & Atmos no problem.
FS4K is plugged directly (w/o extension) into bluray port of Denon S710W. Which is plugged into hdmi 2 of SEK3500 and 55HU9000 TV.

I do occasionally see UltraHD and then HD drop out with the HDR but that's due to my Uverse dsl connection which is not the best and should be replaced soon.

Last edited by DweibOne; 04-24-2020 at 01:46 PM.
DweibOne is online now  
post #2539 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
dabl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Apologies if this is a frequently asked question or has been discussed before but can anyone confirm/deny the Apple TV+ app on the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K supports Atmos for shows that offer it?

If it does and I'm not getting it, any tricks to that? I have Audio set to 'Best Available'

I have an Nvidia Shield TV and a Denon receiver and get Atmos from that on a variety of sources so I'm not clueless but cannot seem to get anything from the Apple TV+ app to send Atmos for shows that I know offer it (at least on other platforms?)

When logged into Apple TV+ with the app on the stick I'm not seeing the 'Atmos' logo for shows I know have it so the Apple server doesn't seem to see the client as Atmos capable.

Last edited by dabl; 04-24-2020 at 03:45 PM.
dabl is offline  
post #2540 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,484
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 399
I just noticed the 4k Stick doesn’t support 60Hz, it will output 59.94, just not 60. Very odd.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #2541 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,973
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
I just noticed the 4k Stick doesn’t support 60Hz, it will output 59.94, just not 60. Very odd.
What content is at 60 Hz?
Keenan is offline  
post #2542 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,484
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
What content is at 60 Hz?
A fair amount of YouTube content is 60Hz now, especially the video game oriented stuff.
Keenan likes this.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #2543 of 2796 Old 04-24-2020, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
galonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: most usually, somewhere in the midwest...
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1552 Post(s)
Liked: 2166
@dabl , you care correct in that the ATV+ app does not support Atmos on any external devices other than Apple's own devices currently.
brotony and naustin like this.

Main: XBR-85X950H | X4500H (5.1.4) | UDP-203 | TiVo Bolt | 2019 Shield Pro | PS4 Pro | CCU
2nd: XBR-65X950G | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | TiVo Mini | ATV (4thGen)
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K | Roku P+ (4630)
FS - Dr. Strangelove (1964) and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
galonzo is online now  
post #2544 of 2796 Old 04-25-2020, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
dabl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
@dabl , you care correct in that the ATV+ app does not support Atmos on any external devices other than Apple's own devices currently.
Thanks for the reply and info, greatly appreciated!
galonzo likes this.
dabl is offline  
post #2545 of 2796 Old 04-26-2020, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,956
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9984 Post(s)
Liked: 6653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
A fair amount of YouTube content is 60Hz now, especially the video game oriented stuff.
But is it actually 60hz? Isn't most content listed as 60hz is actually 59.94?

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #2546 of 2796 Old 04-26-2020, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Boonies, MA
Posts: 18,484
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
But is it actually 60hz? Isn't most content listed as 60hz is actually 59.94?
It is. There is 59.94 content on there too. It could be encoded wrong (there is a good amount of 23.976 content encoded at 24) but there is definitely a lot of native 60fps content on there.

4K stick definitely can’t do straight 60fps. Not sure why.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
post #2547 of 2796 Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Replaced my Amazon basics high speed hdmi cables with these shorter more robust 8k cables: Pacroban 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable (3ft) Supports 48Gbps Ultra High Speed, 10K 8K 5K 4K at 120Hz 60Hz, Dynamic HDR & Dolby Atmos https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4CTD7N..._-1HQEbZ6FW2TQ

However I'm not seeing any improvement or difference in HDR. So I might return these.

Last edited by DweibOne; 04-29-2020 at 05:55 PM.
DweibOne is online now  
post #2548 of 2796 Old 04-29-2020, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
galonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: most usually, somewhere in the midwest...
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1552 Post(s)
Liked: 2166
@DweibOne , any cable that boasts "8K" anything and doesn't carry the official label is "snake oil," and since there aren't any consumer 8k source devices yet, any cable that carries this label will not make a difference, but they will handle any signal you can currently send through it from current hardware (personally, I use these without issue, or your local Walmart will have another brand I saw that also carries the same Premium Certified label).
aaronwt, rlb, mjwagner and 3 others like this.

Main: XBR-85X950H | X4500H (5.1.4) | UDP-203 | TiVo Bolt | 2019 Shield Pro | PS4 Pro | CCU
2nd: XBR-65X950G | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | TiVo Mini | ATV (4thGen)
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K | Roku P+ (4630)
FS - Dr. Strangelove (1964) and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
galonzo is online now  
post #2549 of 2796 Old 04-30-2020, 03:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
@DweibOne , any cable that boasts "8K" anything and doesn't carry the official label is "snake oil," and since there aren't any consumer 8k source devices yet, any cable that carries this label will not make a difference, but they will handle any signal you can currently send through it from current hardware (personally, I use these without issue, or your local Walmart will have another brand I saw that also carries the same Premium Certified label).
Hey Galonzo! Yeah I agree. Reminds me of the folks that unnecessarily spend $$$ for a 'monster' cable set. These are not as pricey as those and seem similar. As it was these were barely long enough to go between my AVR and kbd-8500 to my SEK3500. They are quite stiff and fear they'd break if twisted. At least I no longer have excess cable hanging around and they do give me a clear sharp picture. Seeing good hdr from my AVR mounted FS4K and 'man in the high castle'. So I'll keep 'em.
aaronwt and galonzo like this.

Last edited by DweibOne; 04-30-2020 at 05:10 AM.
DweibOne is online now  
post #2550 of 2796 Old 04-30-2020, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 2,049
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DweibOne View Post
Replaced my Amazon basics high speed hdmi cables with these shorter more robust 8k cables: Pacroban 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable (3ft) Supports 48Gbps Ultra High Speed, 10K 8K 5K 4K at 120Hz 60Hz, Dynamic HDR & Dolby Atmos https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4CTD7N..._-1HQEbZ6FW2TQ

However I'm not seeing any improvement or difference in HDR. So I might return these.
Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cables with the little tag (I prefer the Ultra Slim) is all you need. You can get them in 6 foot length for around $7 on Amazon (https://*******.com/y7vrmyw8). No reason to spend more than that.
aaronwt, dwaleke and galonzo like this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off