post #61 of 119 Old 02-20-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Liked: 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Pros and cons to each service IMO. Qobuz doesn't rely on MQA, and so therefore no proprietary equipment is needed. However their price is higher @25 per month and the high res library is currently smaller.

I'm going to wait for Qobuz to increase their high res library before signing up for a trial. They claim that it won't take long but who knows?
The price difference is basically negated if you sign up for a year. It works out to be a smidge over $20/month.

Lastly, I don't listen to streamed music exclusively (I still have a huge ripped library of some excellent music) nor do I listen multiple hours every day. So while the Qobuz library is currently smaller than that of Tidal, I am OK with that for now. There is WAY more available great music on Qobuz now that I can't even make a tiny dent in listening to what is there that I like. And lastly, I feel so strongly anti-MQA, I want to insure I don't feed them any of my money.
Mike_WI likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 Old 02-20-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
The price difference is basically negated if you sign up for a year. It works out to be a smidge over $20/month.

Lastly, I don't listen to streamed music exclusively (I still have a huge ripped library of some excellent music) nor do I listen multiple hours every day. So while the Qobuz library is currently smaller than that of Tidal, I am OK with that for now. There is WAY more available great music on Qobuz now that I can't even make a tiny dent in listening to what is there that I like. And lastly, I feel so strongly anti-MQA, I want to insure I don't feed them any of my money.
Fair points but that could be viewed as a negative, that one has to commit for a year (ie. contract) in order to get comparable pricing.

It's not about whether there is enough high res music to consume, as obviously no one has the time to listen to everything available (2 million high res tracks or whatever the number Tidal is using today). It's about the service being an on demand service and whether they have the specific content that the subscriber wants. If I lookup an artist that I listen to a lot and find out that Qobuz only has 2/20 albums, that would be less than satisfactory and it would be irrelevant that they have 40 million titles in total.
post #63 of 119 Old 02-20-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1503 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Fair points but that could be viewed as a negative, that one has to commit for a year (ie. contract) in order to get comparable pricing.
If you have already purchased gear, and the gear you own doesn't support MQA, then the break even point where the $5-per-month you'd save on Tidal MQA plus new gear needed to use Tidal MQA vs. your current gear + $5-per-month-extra on Qobuz is pretty far out into the distant future...

Annual plans may not be for everyone, but I, for one, intend to take advantage of the opportunity to save $40 or $50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 119 Old 02-20-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
If you have already purchased gear, and the gear you own doesn't support MQA, then the break even point where the $5-per-month you'd save on Tidal MQA plus new gear needed to use Tidal MQA vs. your current gear + $5-per-month-extra on Qobuz is pretty far out into the distant future...

Annual plans may not be for everyone, but I, for one, intend to take advantage of the opportunity to save $40 or $50.
The MQA gear required will vary depending on what one's goals are. One could spend a lot (Bluesound) or one could buy a cheaper Audioquest Dragonfly Black for $99. And the Dragonfly will have benefits beyond listening to MQA.

Pros/cons all around.
psuKinger and pappaduke like this.
post #65 of 119 Old 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
The MQA gear required will vary depending on what one's goals are. One could spend a lot (Bluesound) or one could buy a cheaper Audioquest Dragonfly Black for $99. And the Dragonfly will have benefits beyond listening to MQA.

Pros/cons all around.
I'll be trying Qobuz in a couple of days so I can compare it to Tidal. I'm an owner of Bluesound gear already so no added expense. While Bluesound is certainly more expensive than Dragonfly it is still one of the cheaper options. I'm also a Veteran and Tidal gives a discount to Veteran's so that makes Tidal even cheaper to subscribe to for some. The best thing is that now Tidal has competition and that often works out well for consumers. Lastly, at least we now have good streaming options to choose from so I can sit on my couch with my tablet and play quality sounding music without having to get up to change disc. Still like SACD's with multichannel though. In the end, options are good problems to have no matter which camp you end up in.
PlanetAVS, ballen420 and Mike_WI like this.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #66 of 119 Old 02-21-2019, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post
The best thing is that now Tidal has competition and that often works out well for consumers.
Except it may not work out well for Tidal. They were on shaky financial ground previously, and according to my most recent limited research, they are still not particularly financially stable. If Qobuz takes away too many of their subscribers (and I think they may), Tidal could easily go south - and then we are back to a single hi rez streaming service. Which ultimately means, it may not be so good for consumers after all.

When JayZ, et all took over Tidal, they were all about making sure the artists got more money per stream even if it meant Tidal would make less money. I have a daughter who has published a few songs that are on Tidal (and the other streaming services). According to he (even with her very limited numbers), if Tidal is allowing more money to go to the artist, she is not seeing it!
Mike_WI likes this.

Last edited by audioguy; 02-21-2019 at 04:30 AM.
post #67 of 119 Old 02-21-2019, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
When JayZ, et all took over Tidal, they were all about making sure the artists got more money per stream even if it meant Tidal would make less money. I have a daughter who has published a few songs that are on Tidal (and the other streaming services). According to he (even with her very limited numbers), if Tidal is allowing more money to go to the artist, she is not seeing it!
I don't know all the details of the financials, but I do know that back in the day, artists were making money selling music via physical media. With the cost of physical media now out of the equation, you would think artists would be making more (i.e. cost of goods are way less), but they are actually making less. I don't quite get it. Was it bad negotiating on the part of the record labels?
post #68 of 119 Old 02-22-2019, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
I don't know all the details of the financials, but I do know that back in the day, artists were making money selling music via physical media. With the cost of physical media now out of the equation, you would think artists would be making more (i.e. cost of goods are way less), but they are actually making less. I don't quite get it. Was it bad negotiating on the part of the record labels?
If you do the research, you will find that the primary revenue source for even very well known singers is NOT from the sale of their music but rather from concerts, appearances, and stuff they sell at their concerts and appearances (e.g. T-Shirts, physical discs, etc). Streaming has not been to the benefit of the artists but to everyone else, including the consumer. Think about it, for $20/month (about the cost of 2 CD's) I get instant access to tens of thousands of albums and many recorded at higher bit levels than if delivered by shiny disc. We Win. Artist Loses !!
pappaduke likes this.
post #69 of 119 Old 02-22-2019, 04:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 178
All I can say - I haven't used Tidal at all since signing up for Qobuz and I can do MQA if necessary (it isn't).

JBL Array 1400, 880, & 800s on custom sound anchors / Revel C763L x4
Marantz AV8805 / TEAC NT-505 / Oppo 205 / Emotiva XPA DR3 / Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3
PSA S1801 x2
Bob Carver Crimson 350 tube monoblocks
JBL Everest DD67000s (awaiting amplification)
post #70 of 119 Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1999 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
Tidal 24/192 MQA vs Qobuz 24/192 literally sounds identical on both my systems.
pappaduke likes this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #71 of 119 Old 02-22-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Tidal 24/192 MQA vs Qobuz 24/192 literally sounds identical on both my systems.
It probably depends on many things including:
- system - chain of gear and transducers (speakers/headphones)
- source material and mastering - presumably not all material needs 24/192 (or beyond CD) playback if not mastered at a high level
- etc

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #72 of 119 Old 02-22-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1999 Post(s)
Liked: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
It probably depends on many things including:
- system - chain of gear and transducers (speakers/headphones)
- source material and mastering - presumably not all material needs 24/192 (or beyond CD) playback if not mastered at a high level
- etc
Sure. I'd call my main system pretty transparent. $4K DAC with full MQA unfold and $10K integrated and the Dynaudio Contours. I am honestly struggling to hear any differences. This is through Roon for both services.
airgas1998 and KenM10759 like this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #73 of 119 Old 02-23-2019, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Sure. I'd call my main system pretty transparent. $4K DAC with full MQA unfold and $10K integrated and the Dynaudio Contours. I am honestly struggling to hear any differences. This is through Roon for both services.
I’ve been using Tidal for a few years now and have been using MQA since it came to Bluesound. This Friday I started my trial with Qobuz. I can’t tell the difference in sound quality between the two. I’ll give a more detailed comparison later once I’ve gotten a little more familiar with Qobuz.

Man cave-Marantz 8012, Oppo 203, 4K ATV, Sony XBR-75X940E, Bluesound Vault 2, Harmony One, 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC-390, 2ADP 390's/190's, 2 PDR 100's,
4 SVS Prime elevations. B&W P5. Living room- Yamaha 2010, Bluesound Node 2, Paradigm SE-1's, Zone 2-Paradigm-Stylus 370-SM
Bedroom- Samsung UN60ES7100F, Oppo 103D, Pulse Mini, JBL Bar Studio, ATV3 and Harmony 650
post #74 of 119 Old 02-24-2019, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anybody else have trouble with Google Casting from the Qobuz app? About once every 10 - 15 minutes the stream pauses itself. If I pull my phone out, go to the Qobuz app, and hit "play" it starts right back up, at the exact moment it left off...

This doesn't happen while casting my other two music apps on my Network (Plex for my FLAC files and Google Play Music for streaming). Only Qobuz.

I'm still procrastinating on a Roon purchase, but the reasons to pull the trigger seem to be growing...
post #75 of 119 Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm still procrastinating on a Roon purchase, but the reasons to pull the trigger seem to be growing...
I'm a recent Roon convert and absolutely love it. I already had a ripped music collection (about 1400 albums) and the product I purchased has 2TB storage and ripping capability as well as running Roon core. It seamlessly integrates my library and Tidal (for a few more days) and Qobuz. Roon can up-convert 16/44 to higher resolution, find similar music and make it part of your library, etc. Highly recommended.
post #76 of 119 Old 02-24-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1353 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Does Qobuz offer the ability to name your group of artists and then play shuffle among them? My Pandora does that at low quality but my Tidal does not.

Jack
post #77 of 119 Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Anybody else have trouble with Google Casting from the Qobuz app? About once every 10 - 15 minutes the stream pauses itself. If I pull my phone out, go to the Qobuz app, and hit "play" it starts right back up, at the exact moment it left off...

This doesn't happen while casting my other two music apps on my Network (Plex for my FLAC files and Google Play Music for streaming). Only Qobuz.

I have had trouble with AirPlay and with Google Casting. No other app has given me problems in the past. I’m waiting for an app update. Since these are the only practical ways for me to get Qobuz to my AVR right now, this has been a frustration.
post #78 of 119 Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Some Qobuz questions from a newbie...

I have several questions about Qobuz and I was hoping I could get some answers here. I have truly been enjoying my free trial and plan on subscribing.

1st Question: I was able to get a now-discontinued Chromecast Audio on the cheap and was led to believe that it would allow me to stream hi-res audio (24 bit, 96kHz) from my iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to my Denon AVR. Is this true? If so, does it matter if I use the 3.5 mm plug to split L/R RCA connectors, or would using the digital optical cable be better?

2nd Question: When I listen to a music track on the Qobuz player on my iPad via headphones that indicates it is 24 bit, 96 kHz, is that actually what I am hearing? Is that also true if I listen to the same on my iPhone X using the Lightning-to-3.5 mm adapter?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
post #79 of 119 Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I have been testing Qobuz for free for a few weeks.
I like it despite some UI/UX issues including Car Play that isn't as good as Spotify.
Also catalog doesn't seem as deep as Spotify.

I also was used to ordering HiRes downloads from HD Tracks.
I thought I'd see if the $50 premium ($300-250 for Studio) for Sublime+ was worth it.

Vs HD Tracks eg...

HD Tracks - Tedeschi Trucks Band - Signs FLAC 192/24 - $17.98 - 20% off = $14.38
Qobuz - HiRes $14.99 (so nearly same as 20% off HDTracks). $7.49 with Sublime+

I joined Sublime+ today.
Will see how I like it over the next year.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
post #80 of 119 Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
I have several questions about Qobuz and I was hoping I could get some answers here. I have truly been enjoying my free trial and plan on subscribing.

1st Question: I was able to get a now-discontinued Chromecast Audio on the cheap and was led to believe that it would allow me to stream hi-res audio (24 bit, 96kHz) from my iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to my Denon AVR. Is this true? If so, does it matter if I use the 3.5 mm plug to split L/R RCA connectors, or would using the digital optical cable be better?

2nd Question: When I listen to a music track on the Qobuz player on my iPad via headphones that indicates it is 24 bit, 96 kHz, is that actually what I am hearing? Is that also true if I listen to the same on my iPhone X using the Lightning-to-3.5 mm adapter?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
1a) 24/96 playback via Chromecast Audio is supposed to work. It used to work for everyone/me. It still (reportedly) works for for some/many on this site per the Chromecast Audio dedicated thread (though I have no idea how/why). It hopefully will again one day. There's lots of threads on various sites on the internet documenting problems with 24/96 playback via CCA ever since a firmware update that came through last summer. The current "official release" firmware 1.36.141215 does not work for me (unless I downsample to 24/48). The current "beta release" firmware of 1.37.146679 also does not work. Fortunately/unfortunately, two of my CCA's (my 1st and 3rd priority ones) are currently on beta release 1.37.145350, and that version IS working for 24/96 casting/playback without stutter/dropout.
see here for more: https://support.google.com/chromecas...d/356030?hl=en

1b) If you have/own an AVR (or seperates DAC & AMP) that you paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars for, I personally think you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't buy yourself a $20 TOSLINK optical cable and 3.5mm - to - TOSLINK adapter and bypass the $35 Chromecast DAC in favor of your heftier A/V equipment... but the CCA should support 24/96 decoding internally, if you don't have alternative options to decode before amplifying and sending to your speakers.

2) I go USB-out of my Android (Pixel 2) phone and Android (Galaxy TabS) tablet and into my headphone DAC, which bypasses the built-in phone DAC and does the D-to-A downstream. As long as the downstream DAC in question supports 24/96 decoding (most do, I think; mine does) I'm good-to-go. I would expect iOS to work similarly but I haven't had an iPhone or iPad as my primary device for 5 years now.

Last edited by psuKinger; 02-26-2019 at 08:29 AM.
post #81 of 119 Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
1a) 24/96 playback via Chromecast Audio is supposed to work. It used to work for everyone/me. It still (reportedly) works for for some/many on this site per the Chromecast Audio dedicated thread (though I have no idea how/why). It hopefully will again one day. There's lots of threads on various sites on the internet documenting problems with 24/96 playback via CCA ever since a firmware update that came through last summer. The current "official release" firmware 1.36.141215 does not work for me (unless I downsample to 24/48). The current "beta release" firmware of 1.37.146679 also does not work. Fortunately/unfortunately, two of my CCA's (my 1st and 3rd priority ones) are currently on beta release 1.37.145350, and that version IS working for 24/96 casting/playback without stutter/dropout.
see here for more: https://support.google.com/chromecas...d/356030?hl=en

1b) If you have/own an AVR (or seperates DAC & AMP) that you paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars for, I personally think you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't buy yourself a $20 TOSLINK optical cable and 3.5mm - to - TOSLINK adapter and bypass the $35 Chromecast DAC in favor of your heftier A/V equipment... but the CCA should support 24/96 decoding internally, if you don't have alternative options to decode before amplifying and sending to your speakers.

2) I go USB-out of my Android (Pixel 2) phone and Android (Galaxy TabS) tablet and into my headphone DAC, which bypasses the built-in phone DAC and does the D-to-A downstream. As long as the downstream DAC in question supports 24/96 decoding (most do, I think; mine does) I'm good-to-go. I would expect iOS to work similarly but I haven't had an iPhone or iPad as my primary device for 5 years now.
That really was an incredibly helpful reply, psuKinger. Thank you so much for your advice.
post #82 of 119 Old 02-26-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geodon005 View Post
That really was an incredibly helpful reply, psuKinger. Thank you so much for your advice.
You're welcome.

Just to clarify/specify, all other formats cast nicely to all my Chromecast Audios (CD-quality 16/44.1, HiRez 24/44.1, and HiRez 24/48 Qobuz content).

And Qobuz 24/96 content (and local 24/96 flac purchases) is casting properly to my two CCA's that are on firmware 1.37.145350.

And Qobuz 24/96 content is playing properly when streaming via USB out of my phone or tablet and into my headphone DAC.

The only problem I'm having is when trying to cast 24/96 content to either of my CCAs that aren't currently on firmware 1.37.145350. And this is not a problem unique-to-Qobuz. It's a chromecast audio problem; I have the same problem with 24/96 local FLAC file playback (and the problem is only limited to the two CCAs not on firmware 1.37.145350).
post #83 of 119 Old 03-02-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 681
The Qobuz Blue Note Jazz playlist is really good and at 24/192.....

Edit: not all the tracks are 24/192, but still great. SJ

Last edited by SJHT; 03-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.
post #84 of 119 Old 03-02-2019, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
The Qobuz Blue Note Jazz playlist is really good and at 24/192.....

Edit: not all the tracks are 24/192, but still great. SJ
So how did you locate the Qobuz Blue Note Jazz playlist. (Are you using Roon?)
post #85 of 119 Old 03-02-2019, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Quote:
I'm using Audirvana+. It was just listed as one of the Qobuz playlists.... SJ
post #86 of 119 Old 03-03-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
I Enjoy the High Rez , but navigating Qobuz's catalog is near impossible on my BS Node 2.I hope this gets better,it needs to.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ Outlaw 5000 Amplifier/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
post #87 of 119 Old 03-04-2019, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

My 30-day free trial ended this past weekend. I went all-in on a year's subscription to Hi-Rez.

Next weekend may be the weekend I start a Roon trial... I heard (on a podcast) that Roon Cache's Tidal MQA playback, and that improves performance and stability. I'm hoping/wandering if it does the same for Qobuz Hi-Rez? And if so, if that'll improve the Chromecast Audio casting experience (which has not been glitch-free and painless when going straight from the Qobuz app).
post #88 of 119 Old 03-04-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Qobuz (Sublime+) seems to crash more than other audio streaming programs I use - Spotify, Roon.
Anyone else have this experience?

post #89 of 119 Old 03-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Next weekend may be the weekend I start a Roon trial... I heard (on a podcast) that Roon Cache's Tidal MQA playback, and that improves performance and stability. I'm hoping/wandering if it does the same for Qobuz Hi-Rez? And if so, if that'll improve the Chromecast Audio casting experience (which has not been glitch-free and painless when going straight from the Qobuz app).
Expect a few teething problems with Roon's Qobuz support, given that it's a very recent addition - unlike its TIDAL support which has been going for years. So probably not the best time to trial Roon specifically for its Qobuz access.
psuKinger, airgas1998 and Mike_WI like this.
post #90 of 119 Old 03-05-2019, 04:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
Expect a few teething problems with Roon's Qobuz support, given that it's a very recent addition - unlike its TIDAL support which has been going for years. So probably not the best time to trial Roon specifically for its Qobuz access.
I'm using Roon + Qobuz and other than not having the same library size (hopefully, only at the moment) of Tidal (which I cancelled), I have had no stability issues.

The two best parts of Qobuz. (1) I no longer have JayZ and friends music pushed in my face; (2) it has REAL high rez vs MQA so no unnecessary hardware.
bambam, darrob104 and Mike_WI like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page