UltraViolet is Shutting Down - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 162Likes

post #31 of 120 Old 01-31-2019, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I almost never watch movies/shows more than once so for me streaming has always been the best option.

I pretty much stopped buying disks because of all the DVDs and then BluRays that I bought I have not rewatched a single one, they are all gathering dust since I bought them and watched them once.

There are two movies that I watched several times (each time with different friends). That's it.
almostinsane and airgas1998 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 120 Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I have moviesanywhere and UV and all my movies are linked through Vudu, Fandangonow etc on both. I’m not worried about it, I enjoy owning the movies and I buy the ones on disc I know i want to possess. But I have a TON of digital copy only movies. I can generally find them for $5-8 and that’s better than paying $6 to rent it for a day.
post #33 of 120 Old 01-31-2019, 09:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked: 6510
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandyne View Post
This is exactly why I still buy discs and put them on my own servers.

yep!!.
i know a guy that buys the disc only to use the digital codes he's a jackass.
I'm like why waste the money, touch all over the disc just he use the digital code and put away the disc.
most of the world still has slow, data capped, unreliable internet and with this bs of you not actually owning your
digital purchase and the quality not even coming close ill keep my disc and actually own my purchase

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 120 Old 01-31-2019, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I wonder how much of a role moviesanywhere.com played in this, and I am also curious as to how will this affect that site.
Once I realized I could put my digital movies in one spot, I moved everything to moviesanywhere.com. Whether it was the right choice, time will tell. I am curious how long they will stick around for but sites like this is why I always buy physical with the digital codes. To me the digital code is just an added bonus.
post #35 of 120 Old 01-31-2019, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
In contrast, I've personally experienced and know many people who have "poof" lost their physical media in a myriad of ways. Countless discs (and tapes before that) were lost to pets, kids, scratches, leaving them in a hot car, theft, etc. Even if you keep them in perfect condition there is risk of bit rot, which has affected LDs, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and worst of all virtually every single Warner Brothers HD-DVD.

I've had two different coworkers lose their entire collections due to house fire.

Ripping to a server in order to have a physical backup does not protects from accidental damage and bitrot, but not from theft or house fires (and as someone who rips to a Plex server, let's be honest...it's also a time consuming and expensive hobby unto itself).
All good points. Right now my entire CD collection can fit on a very transportable and relatively inexpensive micro SD card. It's easy enough to use a copy and put a copy in a safety deposit box. Eventually this will also be true for 1080 and UHD BD but for now I think my best bet is to rip to a server and store the physical media at a different location/a different disaster district. Presently I backup my computer and keep a copy at my house and make another on external media (once every 4 weeks) that is kept at my parents house, my data needs are small enough this isn't much of an issue.

For the most part I'm happy to rent physical media, but for movies I enjoy more than once a year I tend to purchase. Eventually streaming quality will be as good as physical media, but for now I will continue to rent and purchase physical media for movies.

Cheers,
mike_carton likes this.

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
post #36 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
I just got this from Vudu...here's a short quote that sums things up...

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Got the same thing, reassuring.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks guys, I too have my movies on VUDU and was wondering if they were in any jeopardy. Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I received the message from UV yesterday but did not get the message from VUDU. Are there others with a VUDU account who did not receive the message from them? Thanks.

Cal68

Cal68
post #37 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Indeed. It's not a government agency, so unless it makes somebody enough money to keep them interested in running it, goodbye.
That there is key.

Margins even more so than being profitable.

A business can be profitable and still close if they think that they are not making enough profit or they foresee problems on the horizon ............... quit before going into the red.

Living Room: LG 65" C6 OLED, Onkyo NR656, PS3, Toshiba HD-DVD HD-A30, Panasonic DMP BDT310, LG UP-970, Nintendo Wii,
Bed Room : Panasonic 50" Plasma TC-P50ST30, X-Box One

Retired : Samsung HLT 61A750 (rear projection LED DLP)
post #38 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1515 Post(s)
Liked: 945
I resemble the comment about about the "jackass" who buys discs just for the codes.

I have about 8 UHD Blu Ray discs and no UHD BR Player. I bought one actually but after I updated it's FW it didn't work right. I tried watching one of my new discs (Inception) and it blacked out 3 or 4 times in the first 5 minutes. I thought maybe it needs to be power cycled but that didn't help and I had only just bought it so I took it back.

Now,...... I still have the discs and buying disc and then using the codes but keeping the discs doesn't seem like much of a jackass thing to do to me. Kind of seems better than just buying the code and not the disc unless that's much cheaper.

I could buy a player at some point. For now my kids tell Siri to turn on the theater and then say what they want to watch and it plays without trailers or FBI warnings or menus to memorize which audio format I prefer from the choices.

But, What I came back to reply to this news was someone mentioned UV was pretty much just Vudu lately and that reminded me of days gone when people speculated that because it was owned by Walmart, Vudu was a safe digital investment. Which in turn reminded me that when CinemaNow (Best Buy) and Target Ticket have already experienced death and like UV the announcement came out of the blue.

My daughter requested I stopped selling my movies because she's nostalgic and misses the wall of shelves when 1200 or so were alphabetized.

Given it's work to sell them, and it's a whole other copy to keep them, I think I'll keep them. They are stored in big Tupperware type boxes and the content is on NAS units and served by Plex.

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 02-01-2019 at 08:32 AM.
post #39 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
I buy disc and digital. So I think I'm pretty agnostic....here are my thoughts on loss of ownership, which apparently are very unconventional even though they are based off of real-world experiences.

The fear that the "disc-only" people have ("poof"--losing one or more titles) is a real possibility but it has also never, ever happened to me or anyone that I know. In fact this is not the first time a digital service has gone down. I've been through three closures personally, and I've read about two others. In all cases so far, titles transferred to another service (VUDU usually, or UV ironically). Frankly this was kind of welcome because consolidation is nice.

In contrast, I've personally experienced and know many people who have "poof" lost their physical media in a myriad of ways. Countless discs (and tapes before that) were lost to pets, kids, scratches, leaving them in a hot car, theft, etc. Even if you keep them in perfect condition there is risk of bit rot, which has affected LDs, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and worst of all virtually every single Warner Brothers HD-DVD.

I've had two different coworkers lose their entire collections due to house fire.

Ripping to a server in order to have a physical backup does protect from accidental damage and bitrot, but not from theft or house fires (and as someone who rips to a Plex server, let's be honest...it's also a time consuming and expensive hobby unto itself).

So although there is indeed theoretical risk of loss in the digital world, in reality (A) the physical disc isn't some kind of 100% guarantee against loss, and (B) physical is actually where all of the existing losses have been, by far.
Regarding ripping to a server...

Take a look at the risk of your house burning down or someone breaking into it and stealing your computer/server. I can assure you the odds of either occurring are beyond scant. You're better off not driving to work out of concern of an auto accident.

Putting my 400 or so BD's on my server took about two weeks (bout 3 an hour, 25 a day), and since I'm not a digital hoarder, I just add units I'd actually want to watch again, so my collection has prolly not grown by 50 titles in the last 5 years. Storage is SHOCKINGLY inexpensive now, so storing a few HDDs off site is virtually a non-issue. My brother has mine.

Streaming substandard, compressed, content is just not worth it on the titles I care about. Kodi and Plex are perfect options, meanwhile. Almost every steaming service sucks in one regard or the other. Netflix is a perfect example...it's only "decent" cause it's cheap (if $15 a month is "cheap"). Pick twenty 3+ year-old movies you actually want to see: you won't find 5 of them. I still have Netflix for my 7 year-old, after that, forget it- MOSTLY.

So people cobble together all of these streaming options- some free, some not- and are impressed with themselves because they don't have an $80 cable/sat bill. Congratulations. Let's not even get into how they're watching their local pro and college sports teams.

None of this takes into account of course the still absurdly slow, third-world ISP speeds many suffer through (I'm in a 3 year-old subdivision 15 minutes outside of a major metro area and we're currently stuck at 18-24 Mbps) nor the current or pending data caps that are popping up more and more.

Until things drastically change, I'll take the 15-20 minutes to rip a title to my server and access a perfect copy, anywhere in my home, at any time, and also have access to it on any of my mobile devices, anywhere, anytime. It's really not that big of a deal.

James
mike_carton likes this.

My Parlor and Theatre: "Jimbo's Dugout" : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...re-parlor.html

Actual phone call (see pic to left):
 Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"
Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

Last edited by mastermaybe; 02-01-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #40 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimg1453 View Post
Mark my word, if people refuse to purchase physical media anymore and it goes by the way side in favor of streaming, prices for obtaining movies, etc. through streaming/downloads will skyrocket. The Hollywood studios and other content providers are licking their chops for this all to happen. Consumers will not even own the content they have purchased.

The studios will have full control of when and how you watch or listen to something including charging you for every viewing/listening, and pulling the plug whenever they want on that content, and the consumer will have no recourse.
I've been saying this to my fellow gaming brethrens for a long time that are clamoring about how much they want an all digital future for games BUT also not realizing that once physical media vanishes it's not going to magically drive down the prices of digital as they so often seem to think and assume

Conversely when you can only get something thru ONE means or avenue then you're at the mercy of the person that controls especially if they know there's no other choice/ option available to you. So why in heavens would be "nice" and lower prices down rather than do what businesses do (which is to increase profit margins)

People are going to be in for a rude awakening someday and I'll have a big bag of popcorn with a huge sly grin on my face saying I told ya'll so
kimg1453 likes this.
post #41 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Has anyone been able to get a response or answer to what will happen to the shared linked email accounts currently connected to UV? Once UV is shut down will those shared libraries be broken?

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, HTPC, nVidia Shield TV Pro, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #42 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post
I've been saying this to my fellow gaming brethrens for a long time that are clamoring about how much they want an all digital future for games BUT also not realizing that once physical media vanishes it's not going to magically drive down the prices of digital as they so often seem to think and assume
I dont know about that, Steam Summer Sales would argue that remark... Most of my vast digital game collection was bought when games were up to 70% off there retail pricing. Will normal prices differ from Digital and Physical probably not thats just business and profiting but digital tends to always have a better discounted price than physical so you do ultimately save more but as mentioned you do risk losing the digital content as you go from owning the content to leasing it. So yeah its an interesting trade off.

Speaking of course only about the gaming side of things.

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, HTPC, nVidia Shield TV Pro, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #43 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by the7mcs View Post

Conversely when you can only get something thru ONE means or avenue then you're at the mercy of the person that controls especially if they know there's no other choice/ option available to you. So why in heavens would be "nice" and lower prices down rather than do what businesses do (which is to increase profit margins)

People are going to be in for a rude awakening someday and I'll have a big bag of popcorn with a huge sly grin on my face saying I told ya'll so

Almost all games (except MMOs) use STEAM for DRM now and I find that unsettling.
post #44 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
Take a look at the risk of your house burning down or someone breaking into it and stealing your computer/server. I can assure you the odds of either occurring are beyond scant. You're better off not driving to work out of concern of an auto accident.
Yep odds are low. That's not my point. My point is that disc-only people keep warning about loss of digital titles, and yet the only loss I've ever seen in my life among myself and everyone I know is physical, and I've seen it repeatedly over and over again.

As for everything else you've said, remember I'm a disc user too so I'm familiar with the benefits.
post #45 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandyne View Post
This is exactly why I still buy discs and put them on my own servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
+1. Can't trust any cloud locker. Not to mention disc a/v quality being superior to streaming. Lon did a video segment on pitfalls of digital media recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknite9099 View Post
People will say the MA is a better solution, and they may be. Until they decide to shutter the digital storefront and content goes away. Any "alliance of businesses or corporations" can suddenly fall out and cease to exist
A lot of people bought into that cloud hype hook line and sinker. I didn't. For the reason darknite9099 has stated.

Quote:
Rather than looking at UltraViolet and throwing out a huge "See, I told you so" I'm gonna settle for a snarkastic
"Ultraviolet? wasn't that a new-age vampire movie" comment.
I always thought of Ultraviolence from clockwork orange
post #46 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Owning disks, NAS based ripped copies and streamed copies are not mutually exclusive to me.

Most of my streamed media came from digital certificates, from doing the $1 purchase from Vudu by already owning a bluray or $5 by owning a DVD (if a bluray did not exist).

Each has its strengths and weaknesses, so I don't feel the need to abandon one in devotion to another. There are times O want to stream my media, or a better version (13th warrior, Milagro Beanfield War) is available on Vudu, et. al. than on disk (all DVDs).

So in reality, I have dual and triplicate insurance - if the streaming approach goes down, I still have the disk, if the disk rots, breaks, is held ransom by terrorists or spontaneosly combusts, I have the ripped or streamed copy.

It is unfortunate that this has gone down, but I did link my Vudu account to MA, so it should be ok. I have gotten burnt by services in the past that I bought music from which went down and locked all of the media, so I am trying to avoid that with movies.
post #47 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yep odds are low. That's not my point. My point is that disc-only people keep warning about loss of digital titles, and yet the only loss I've ever seen in my life among myself and everyone I know is physical, and I've seen it repeatedly over and over again.

As for everything else you've said, remember I'm a disc user too so I'm familiar with the benefits.
“Over and over again.”

I’m speaking of storing titles on hdds, period.

It goes without saying that discs can get scratched, lost, etc. HDD failure is less than 1/100 now, within 5 years. Already spoke to theft and fire risks.

Simply make a cheap backup and there are no “poof” concerns and you still enjoy all of the obvious benefits over cloud/streaming.

James

My Parlor and Theatre: "Jimbo's Dugout" : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...re-parlor.html

post #48 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Simply make a cheap backup and there are no “poof” concerns and you still enjoy all of the obvious benefits over cloud/streaming.
Yes, I do all that already. I have Plex server and two 10tb HDDs. I'm not sure what you're trying to talk me into.
post #49 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I do all that already. I have Plex server and two 10tb HDDs. I'm not sure what you're trying to talk me into.
It’s not obvious? I’m not telling “you” anything per se, I’m simply making it apparent that any concerns about an hdd collection disappearing are easily and cheaply rendered moot.

James

post #50 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think there's lots of ways to debate Streaming vs Physical.

But the bottom line is the physical players give you cancer.

Advantage Streaming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	2519234  
post #51 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
I think there's lots of ways to debate Streaming vs Physical.

But the bottom line is the physical players give you cancer.

Advantage Streaming.
AND reproductive harm. I'm triply assailed since I have three media players.

Cancer and no progeny - I'm going out and buying some more movies.
post #52 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I buy disc and digital. So I think I'm pretty agnostic....here are my thoughts on loss of ownership, which apparently are very unconventional even though they are based off of real-world experiences.

The fear that the "disc-only" people have ("poof"--losing one or more titles) is a real possibility but it has also never, ever happened to me or anyone that I know. In fact this is not the first time a digital service has gone down. I've been through three closures personally, and I've read about two others. In all cases so far, titles transferred to another service (VUDU usually, or UV ironically). Frankly this was kind of welcome because consolidation is nice.

Ripping to a server in order to have a physical backup does protect from accidental damage and bitrot, but not from theft or house fires (and as someone who rips to a Plex server, let's be honest...it's also a time consuming and expensive hobby unto itself).

So although there is indeed theoretical risk of loss in the digital world, in reality (A) the physical disc isn't some kind of 100% guarantee against loss, and (B) physical is actually where all of the existing losses have been, by far.
What is bit rot and is that why those WB HDDVD discs i still have, won't play?
post #53 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 175
The case for physical media;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NETFLIX.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	2519274  
post #54 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The case for physical media;
That example makes no sense at all. Netflix is a rental service, not a purchase service.

There are plenty of actual reasons why discs are better than streaming, but that's not one of them.
post #55 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakobe81 View Post
Deterioration of the physical media for various reasons. Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot
post #56 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakobe81 View Post
They may work if you boil them. I remember some people having luck boiling the HD DVDs. At the time the notion bothered some because of the on going format war but all that is long since gone. If the disc doesn't work then no harm in trying I guess.

edit- Couldn't find any info about boiling the discs but there's a large thread about the issue of the WB HD DVD fails here...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/152-h...r-hd-dvds.html

-Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 02-01-2019 at 03:23 PM.
post #57 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
That example makes no sense at all. Netflix is a rental service, not a purchase service.

There are plenty of actual reasons why discs are better than streaming, but that's not one of them.
It was posted mostly as joke, but now that you made me think about it; YES it is but one of the many valid reasons why physical media is better.

Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't be angry and frustrated if you were streaming season 6 of 7 and halfway through season 6 the entire series disappears, and is no longer available.

Physical media owners wouldn't even have a minor blip of mad, they would never notice. They would finish season 6, and start season 7. Easy Peasy
post #58 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well,

About that ... I once bought the LOST Blu Ray collection (39 discs) from Amazon.

I didn't exactly binge watch it and when I got to season 3 one of the discs was faulty. I think it was 4 to 6 months after I bought it.

Amazon replaced it which was awesome.

I have it in iTunes now but I still like having it on Blu.

-Brian
post #59 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It was posted mostly as joke, but now that you made me think about it; YES it is but one of the many valid reasons why physical media is better.
I maintain that disc ownership and a rental subscription is an invalid comparison. But if you are going to count content being removed from a subscription library, then you have to count content being added to a subscription library.

Netflix is on track to add a new movie, new series, or new season of an existing series almost every single day. How does one even compare that to disc purchases? You can't--it's just a completely different scheme.

Quote:
Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't be angry and frustrated if you were streaming season 6 of 7 and halfway through season 6 the entire series disappears, and is no longer available.
Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't be happy if you were watching season 6 of 7 and halfway through season 6 the entire season 7 discs appeared in your home at no extra cost.

Except it's actually like a new disc or entire season of discs showing up every single day. Look, the comparisons are just absurd.

Last edited by Actionable Mango; 02-01-2019 at 04:10 PM.
post #60 of 120 Old 02-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I maintain that disc ownership and a rental subscription is an invalid comparison. But if you are going to count content being removed from a subscription library, then you have to count content being added to a subscription library.

Netflix is on track to add a new movie, new series, or new season of an existing series almost every single day. How does one even compare that to disc purchases? You can't--it's just a completely different scheme.

Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't be happy if you were watching season 6 of 7 and halfway through season 6 the entire season 7 discs appeared in your home at no extra cost.

Except it's actually like a new disc or entire season of discs showing up every single day. Look, the comparisons are just absurd.
Sorry, I guess we can respectfully disagree. If they take away something I am interested in, and replace it with stuff that I have little or interest in its not that valuable. I'll take the thing I'm into rather than 30-40 things I'm not interested in.

A little point, but again, just one of the many valid reasons for physical media ownership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
ultraviolet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page