Netflix 23.976p and 24p HDR10 capable players (Atmos a bonus) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By giomania
  • 1 Post By bobof
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-06-2019, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
Netflix 23.976p and 24p HDR10 capable players (Atmos a bonus)

What players in the market are able to do both 23.976p and 24p for Netflix automatically?

I have a Sony UBP-X800 which is capable of 23.976p and 24p playback, but it has the annoying habit of also changing rates in the Netflix previews in the menus,(which causes agonising HDMI resyncs in my JVC projector).

I have an AppleTV4K, but there is a lot not to like for that player - no 24p native support (only 23.976 leading to dropped frame every 42s with affected 24p content) and also all HDR10 is converted from DV for Netflix, with stupid metadata that changes instead of being static per title.

Hope there is something else out there that can do this properly...
bobof is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 04-07-2019, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
Nothing?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
bobof is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 04-10-2019, 02:31 PM
QuadMersed in bass!
 
giomania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Did you see this?

4K Media Player Thread Link

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...yer-list.html#


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bobof likes this.
giomania is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Did you see this?

4K Media Player Thread Link

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...yer-list.html#
I hadn't seen it, and it looks like the best resource I've seen so far, but it doesn't seem to answer the specific question of supporting both 24p and 23.976p - just whether 23.976p is supported. Am I missing something?
bobof is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old 04-10-2019, 06:19 PM
QuadMersed in bass!
 
giomania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
I hadn't seen it, and it looks like the best resource I've seen so far, but it doesn't seem to answer the specific question of supporting both 24p and 23.976p - just whether 23.976p is supported. Am I missing something?
No you are not missing anything, but I thought you might like it. A lot of people do, but it is not a sticky, so falls down in the threads. Anyway, I recently learned about the Netflix 24.00 fps since you posted about it in the Radiance Pro thread.

Had I known about it when I created that spreadsheet or was actively updating it, I would have added a column for Netlix 24.00 fps.

Mark
giomania is online now  
post #6 of 6 Old 04-10-2019, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
No you are not missing anything, but I thought you might like it. A lot of people do, but it is not a sticky, so falls down in the threads. Anyway, I recently learned about the Netflix 24.00 fps since you posted about it in the Radiance Pro thread.

Had I known about it when I created that spreadsheet or was actively updating it, I would have added a column for Netlix 24.00 fps.

Mark
I do like it It just didn't help for this directly, though I plan on using it to see which players have good netflix support and then finding out for each one of them. So far the Sony UHD player netflix implementation is the only one I know of that does it.

I find it bemusing that so little effort is put into, you know, playing video properly, in these boxes... !
giomania likes this.
bobof is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off