Disney+ Investor Day news - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 320Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 644 Old 08-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I agree about releasing weekly versus all at once...with streaming I've gotten used to complete series drops on the same day...but like you said since Disney+ is so cheap I think most people will deal with it...still no Dolby Vision confirmation?
From the article linked above...

Subscribers will enjoy an ultra-high-definition viewing experience with up to 4K Ultra HD video playback in Dolby Vision ultra-vivid imaging, HDR10, and Dolby Atmos immersive audio on supported devices for available programming.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
TitusTroy likes this.

video: Lg 65e6, Oppo uhd-203, Roku ultra, nVidia Shield Pro
audio: Yamaha aventage 3050, ATI AT252NC, martin logan efx 7.1
gaming: Ps4-pro, Psvr, Ps3
other: Synology d216play, Panamax m-5300pm & m-5400pm, a billion smarthome things
Spinningbull is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
 
ChicagoChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningbull View Post
From the article linked above...

Subscribers will enjoy an ultra-high-definition viewing experience with up to 4K Ultra HD video playback in Dolby Vision ultra-vivid imaging, HDR10, and Dolby Atmos immersive audio on supported devices for available programming.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk


And that will run you $15.99/ month.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/23/2...tures-benefits


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hetfieldjames likes this.

Last edited by ChicagoChris; 08-24-2019 at 07:51 AM.
ChicagoChris is offline  
post #63 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,214
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1836 Post(s)
Liked: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
And that will run you $15.99/ month.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is it more like Netflix just for 4k HDR? I thought Disney was going to be cool and do things different. That really sucks.
Hetfieldjames is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
And that will run you $15.99/ month.



https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/23/2...tures-benefits





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Either I'm crazy or you read that wrong. The only $15.99 price I see is taking about Netflix.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #65 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 5,676
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Either I'm crazy or you read that wrong. The only $15.99 price I see is taking about Netflix.
You're not crazy. That's exactly what it says.
Ph8te and TitusTroy like this.

Bobby 

bobby94928 is online now  
post #66 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Looks like Disney will offer DolbyVision as well (according to screenshots shown)

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/23/...medium=ios_app
Ph8te is online now  
post #67 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
ChicagoChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
You're not crazy. That's exactly what it says.
Yep..my bad. Good catch! Thats a steal @ $7/mo. I'm sure they'll get people hooked and then raise it but i'm in!

Last edited by ChicagoChris; 08-24-2019 at 09:47 AM.
ChicagoChris is offline  
post #68 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,514
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3032 Post(s)
Liked: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Except for not releasing an entire season at once. I hate it when they trickle out a season one episode at a time. I hope Netflix Nevers changes that.
Yeah, I'll second that .. from all indications, I'm sold on Disney+ .. however, I'll likely wait till they have dropped all episodes of initial new series that I have an interest in, such as the "The Mandalorian" .. since much/most of the content I have no interest in .. I'm sure there will be some sort of Free Trial, with which I will engage .. and binge till my eyes turn red, then cancel ..

After a few months / year they will continue to pester me to come back and likely offer another Free Trial .. at which time there will be other New Material that I have an interest in and I will accept ..

Pretty much all of the old Catalog / Movies / etc I have no interest in, only new stuff, Star Wars & Marvel Related mostly ..

I have not had children at home for many, many years and "Hannah Montana" reruns hold nothing for me .. and, I'm a cheapskate ..

The Streaming Market just seems to be entering a period of heavy fragmentation .. I don't know if that's a good thing or not ..

As far as NF goes, I'll maintain my subscription as I have since practically day one .. because I still mine NF and always seem to discover something new .. Documentaries / Foreign Films, NF Series, etc ..
Zookster likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #69 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
Yep..my bad. Good catch! Thats a steal @ $7/mo. I'm sure they'll get people hooked and then raise it but i'm in!
I know right. Gotta check it out.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #70 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,749
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yeah, I'll second that .. from all indications, I'm sold on Disney+ .. however, I'll likely wait till they have dropped all episodes of initial new series that I have an interest in, such as the "The Mandalorian" .. since much/most of the content I have no interest in .. I'm sure there will be some sort of Free Trial, with which I will engage .. and binge till my eyes turn red, then cancel ..

After a few months / year they will continue to pester me to come back and likely offer another Free Trial .. at which time there will be other New Material that I have an interest in and I will accept ..

Pretty much all of the old Catalog / Movies / etc I have no interest in, only new stuff, Star Wars & Marvel Related mostly ..

I have not had children at home for many, many years and "Hannah Montana" reruns hold nothing for me .. and, I'm a cheapskate ..

The Streaming Market just seems to be entering a period of heavy fragmentation .. I don't know if that's a good thing or not ..

As far as NF goes, I'll maintain my subscription as I have since practically day one .. because I still mine NF and always seem to discover something new .. Documentaries / Foreign Films, NF Series, etc ..
I was totally ready to sign up day one, but now I'm not so sure with episodes of new series being released weekly. Like you, I don't think there will be enough other content on Disney+ to justify me having it for three months just to follow one or two weekly series. I've also had really good luck with waiting on the free month deals from Hulu and CBS All Access, so we'll see what Disney+ throws at us in the months to come.

I dropped Netflix in May for the first time since their streaming service launched while I had HBO Now for GOT, then I got a free month of CBSAA for Discovery, then got three free months of Showtime. Paying for Prime year round, which I watch infrequently as it is, I just don't have enough time in the day for everything on Netflix too and can't justify $13/mo. for the handful of programming I might be able to squeeze in on top of my other streaming services. Disney+ will only add to my load. But at least for the time being, it won't be a very costly one to rotate in once in a while.
mgkdragn likes this.
Zookster is online now  
post #71 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,514
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3032 Post(s)
Liked: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I was totally ready to sign up day one, but now I'm not so sure with episodes of new series being released weekly. Like you, I don't think there will be enough other content on Disney+ to justify me having it for three months just to follow one or two weekly series. I've also had really good luck with waiting on the free month deals from Hulu and CBS All Access, so we'll see what Disney+ throws at us in the months to come.

I dropped Netflix in May for the first time since their streaming service launched while I had HBO Now for GOT, then I got a free month of CBSAA for Discovery, then got three free months of Showtime. Paying for Prime year round, which I watch infrequently as it is, I just don't have enough time in the day for everything on Netflix too and can't justify $13/mo. for the handful of programming I might be able to squeeze in on top of my other streaming services. Disney+ will only add to my load. But at least for the time being, it won't be a very costly one to rotate in once in a while.
Yes .. I think one of the consumer benefits of the fragmenting streaming market is playing the Free Trial / Come Back, We Miss You game .. when I had NF / Amazon and HULU, it was just too much .. so I dropped Amazon after taking in most all content I actually wanted to watch .. then, I snagged HULU with Commercials for .99 cents a month for a year on a one day deal which expires in November .. not much left on HULU that I have interest in right now ..

Amazon pesters me with a Free 30 Day Comeback Trial, but I've not looked into much that I might watch, although "The Boys" seems interesting .. I'm not a huge buyer of goods, I don't like e-books, so Prime is not a big draw .. if I do order from Amazon, it's easy enough to hit the free shipping minimum anyway ..

I keep NF because I always find material I like .. people talk about Disney+ being a NF killer, I don't personally think so, since, in some ways, Disney+ is geared toward a family style orientation which is a bit niche .. and, when you really get down to it, can the Disney/Marvel catalog compare to the NF catalog in sheer size .. ?? I don't know, but I'm guessing no ..
aaronwt, Keenan and Zookster like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #72 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes .. I think one of the consumer benefits of the fragmenting streaming market is playing the Free Trial / Come Back, We Miss You game .. when I had NF / Amazon and HULU, it was just too much .. so I dropped Amazon after taking in most all content I actually wanted to watch .. then, I snagged HULU with Commercials for .99 cents a month for a year on a one day deal which expires in November .. not much left on HULU that I have interest in right now ..



Amazon pesters me with a Free 30 Day Comeback Trial, but I've not looked into much that I might watch, although "The Boys" seems interesting .. I'm not a huge buyer of goods, I don't like e-books, so Prime is not a big draw .. if I do order from Amazon, it's easy enough to hit the free shipping minimum anyway ..



I keep NF because I always find material I like .. people talk about Disney+ being a NF killer, I don't personally think so, since, in some ways, Disney+ is geared toward a family style orientation which is a bit niche .. and, when you really get down to it, can the Disney/Marvel catalog compare to the NF catalog in sheer size .. ?? I don't know, but I'm guessing no ..


Don’t forget Disney has the Fox assets as well. Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm/Fox have a pretty good range of content and a fairly deep catalog. If you take away “borrowed” content on NetFlix the amount of content shrinks considerably. While they have been building a catalog in preparation for the eventual pull of content they don’t own, it still doesn’t quite match the others who had 30+years of catalog content.

I do agree that it won’t be a NetFlix killer, but the Disney trio of services (Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+) are the best alternative to NetFlix and offer a wider variety of content for similar pricing (for now). I have a feeling that people will do both for now and eventually move to the switching of services on a rotating basis.
Zookster likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #73 of 644 Old 08-24-2019, 07:26 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,247
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9539 Post(s)
Liked: 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
Yep..my bad. Good catch! Thats a steal @ $7/mo. I'm sure they'll get people hooked and then raise it but i'm in!
It's even cheaper per month if you pay yearly. Less than $5.85 a month when paid yearly at the $69.99 price.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #74 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,514
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3032 Post(s)
Liked: 3974
A bit of an idea what initial things will look like ::

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plu...ar-wars-pixar/
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #75 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
A bit of an idea what initial things will look like ::

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plu...ar-wars-pixar/
Hmmm, looks like a pretty slow start out of the gate. Only a few marvel movies, I have them not sure I why I care, but not sure of jumping in right away is a good idea, other than to secure the bundle.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #76 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,514
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3032 Post(s)
Liked: 3974
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Hmmm, looks like a pretty slow start out of the gate. Only a few marvel movies, I have them not sure I why I care, but not sure of jumping in right away is a good idea, other than to secure the bundle.
Yeah, I felt a bit underwhelmed as well .. "The Mandalorian" looks like the only thing that really grabs my attention .. "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" looks to be a year out from launch ..
Keenan likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #77 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Hmmm, looks like a pretty slow start out of the gate. Only a few marvel movies, I have them not sure I why I care, but not sure of jumping in right away is a good idea, other than to secure the bundle.


I think many are hoping that most of the movie content will be 4K HDR (mostly newer movies). There are some that haven’t been released on disc yet which could be a draw (Star Wars). Disney has been pumping out some of its catalog titles in prep for this (IMO). For those looking at original content, not sure there will be much there at first. I’ll check out the Marvel originals, but I’m more excited about The Mandalorian to lead into Episode IX.
aaronwt likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #78 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think many are hoping that most of the movie content will be 4K HDR (mostly newer movies). There are some that haven’t been released on disc yet which could be a draw (Star Wars). Disney has been pumping out some of its catalog titles in prep for this (IMO). For those looking at original content, not sure there will be much there at first. I’ll check out the Marvel originals, but I’m more excited about The Mandalorian to lead into Episode IX.


I guess I just figured some of the Staples that they have been talking about such as marvel would have the full catalog available day one. But yes 4k with HDR would be great and hopefully isn't hoping for too much.

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #79 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
I guess I just figured some of the Staples that they have been talking about such as marvel would have the full catalog available day one. But yes 4k with HDR would be great and hopefully isn't hoping for too much.


They would if they could, much of it is tied up with other providers (like NetFlix). Once those contracts end they’ll be added.
Ph8te is online now  
post #80 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,302
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4070 Post(s)
Liked: 3796
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yeah, I felt a bit underwhelmed as well .. "The Mandalorian" looks like the only thing that really grabs my attention .. "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" looks to be a year out from launch ..
Same here, I figure I'll be waiting until "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" has "aired" all its episodes before I sign up as those are the only two titles I'd be interested in at this point. I'll be darned if I'm going to wait a week for each new episode to be released and be forced to view commercials as well, that's just not going to happen in this household.
mgkdragn and Zookster like this.
Keenan is online now  
post #81 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
whiteboy714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Same here, I figure I'll be waiting until "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" has "aired" all its episodes before I sign up as those are the only two titles I'd be interested in at this point. I'll be darned if I'm going to wait a week for each new episode to be released and be forced to view commercials as well, that's just not going to happen in this household.


Commercials? Does it say somewhere that there will be commercials?

TCL 65R625 -- Denon X1400h -- Klipsch RP600m -- RP450C -- Micca M-6S 6.5 -- Dual Klipsch RW-10
whiteboy714 is online now  
post #82 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Commercials? Does it say somewhere that there will be commercials?


Disney+ is commercial free, not sure where the other poster got waiting for commercials from maybe they are thinking of Hulu which can be ad supported or ad free.
Ph8te is online now  
post #83 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 05:18 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,247
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9539 Post(s)
Liked: 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Same here, I figure I'll be waiting until "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" has "aired" all its episodes before I sign up as those are the only two titles I'd be interested in at this point. I'll be darned if I'm going to wait a week for each new episode to be released and be forced to view commercials as well, that's just not going to happen in this household.
Forced to view commercials?!? Disney+ will be commercial free.
If Disney+ had commercials I would not even consider subscribing.
Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB)

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #84 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,302
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4070 Post(s)
Liked: 3796
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post
Commercials? Does it say somewhere that there will be commercials?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Disney+ is commercial free, not sure where the other poster got waiting for commercials from maybe they are thinking of Hulu which can be ad supported or ad free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Forced to view commercials?!? Disney+ will be commercial free.
If Disney+ had commercials I would not even consider subscribing.
Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB)
I must be thinking of another service, maybe whatever it is that AT&T is doing.
Keenan is online now  
post #85 of 644 Old 08-26-2019, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
For those that want to sign up for the 3 year prepay deal, some folks on Reddit are claiming that if you sign up for the Free D23 account you get access to the deal as well. For those not interested in ESPN+, it might be worth it (or just want Disney+ at a discounted rate).
Ph8te is online now  
post #86 of 644 Old 08-27-2019, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,612
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
For those that want to sign up for the 3 year prepay deal, some folks on Reddit are claiming that if you sign up for the Free D23 account you get access to the deal as well. For those not interested in ESPN+, it might be worth it (or just want Disney+ at a discounted rate).
D23? Excuse the ignorance....
Hetfieldjames likes this.

Sony XBR 75X940E - Sony STR-DH790 ATMOS - Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player - ATV 4K - 2019 Shield TV Pro
ggw2000 is offline  
post #87 of 644 Old 08-27-2019, 07:12 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,247
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9539 Post(s)
Liked: 6227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
For those that want to sign up for the 3 year prepay deal, some folks on Reddit are claiming that if you sign up for the Free D23 account you get access to the deal as well. For those not interested in ESPN+, it might be worth it (or just want Disney+ at a discounted rate).
What three year prepay deal?

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB)

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #88 of 644 Old 08-27-2019, 07:23 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,247
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9539 Post(s)
Liked: 6227
OK. I see this. I must have signed up for the BD redemptions.
I definitely plan on getting the three year deal then. Since I had planned on getting the one year deal for $69.99. The three year deal works out to only $46.99 a year. Or $3.92 a month. FOr 36 months of Disney+, that is an excellent deal!!
Ph8te likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #89 of 644 Old 08-27-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BGLeduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,916
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Liked: 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
OK. I see this. I must have signed up for the BD redemptions.
I definitely plan on getting the three year deal then. Since I had planned on getting the one year deal for $69.99. The three year deal works out to only $46.99 a year. Or $3.92 a month. FOr 36 months of Disney+, that is an excellent deal!!
It remains a good deal, but they are charging tax, so it will be a bit more.
BGLeduc is online now  
post #90 of 644 Old 08-27-2019, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,551
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6639 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
It remains a good deal, but they are charging tax, so it will be a bit more.


You’d get charged tax regardless, but yes while it will be a bit more the savings should remain about the same.
aaronwt likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off