What brand 40 or 43in 4K TV has the most native video formats - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2019, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What brand 40 or 43in 4K TV has the most native video formats

I need a inexpensive 40 or 43in 4K TV that supports the most video formats through the USB port. I have a samsung 55in and it will play anything I throw at it but my panasonic 37 in is hit and miss on what it will play.

I am needing a 40 or 43k 4K smart TV that has the best video format support. With so many brands now I have no idea which one to consider.

Are Insignia TV's any good? How about TCL, sharp,Hisense,vizio, LG? Should I stick with a name brand or have the off brands proved to be as good?

I am looking at spending 250.00 or less and have been looking at TV's at walmart and bestbuy.

Any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2019, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know a better forum where a guy can get some help?
post #3 of 4 Old 07-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I think out of all of them, you'll probably have the best chance with the LG, they seem to support the most video format playback out of the bunch, however since their non-OLED TVs use IPS panel technology, don't expect the contrast and black levels to be as good as a TV with a VA panel.

My current mancave room setup:
Vizio V436-G1 4K HDR TV | LG UBK90 4K Blu-ray player | Denon AVR-S740H AV Receiver (running 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos and DTS:X) | Xbox One X | Roku Ultra (2018 model)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737mechanic View Post
I need a inexpensive 40 or 43in 4K TV that supports the most video formats through the USB port. I have a samsung 55in and it will play anything I throw at it but my panasonic 37 in is hit and miss on what it will play.

I am needing a 40 or 43k 4K smart TV that has the best video format support. With so many brands now I have no idea which one to consider.

Are Insignia TV's any good? How about TCL, sharp,Hisense,vizio, LG? Should I stick with a name brand or have the off brands proved to be as good?

I am looking at spending 250.00 or less and have been looking at TV's at walmart and bestbuy.

Any advice would be great.
Any particular reason you want the TV itself to play back? As in, you could just play the files back via a laptop (or similar, like some cheap media streamer) connected to any TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page