Streaming Services supported by BluSound - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Location: North Shore of central Long Island, NY (Stony Brook)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Streaming Services supported by BluSound

On the BluSound application are listed many "Music Services", most of which I know nothing about.
Can someone tell me what these are?

Amazon Alexa
Amazon Music
Bugs
Calm Radio
Deezer
iHeartRadio
KKBOX
Murfie
Napster
nugs.net
Qobuz
Radio Paradise
Slacker
Spotify
SOUNDMACHINE
Teihe Music Zone
TIDAL
TuneIn
WiMp

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked: 539
A variety of paid and free services that can either stream music like a radio channel or permit you to browse and select from a collection of music and stream it to your device.

I am personally familiar with Amazon Music, Spotify, and Tidal -- I keep Amazon Music only because it is discounted with my Prime membership. However, Tidal is what I use most often because it offers lossless CD-quality music and they have a reasonably good selection of music I listen to. I have only used Spotify at other people's places and they seem to have a really good selection, but everything is lossy and if I'm going to pay for music it may as well be at the best quality I can get it despite hardly ever being able to hear the differences between high-quality MP3 and CD-quality. I guess I'd just prefer to support a company that is willing and able to give me what's on the disc instead of what I could download.

I'm sure you can Google the rest.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVhike View Post
On the BluSound application are listed many "Music Services", most of which I know nothing about.
Can someone tell me what these are?

Amazon Alexa
Amazon Music
Bugs
Calm Radio
Deezer
iHeartRadio
KKBOX
Murfie
Napster
nugs.net
Qobuz
Radio Paradise
Slacker
Spotify
SOUNDMACHINE
Teihe Music Zone
TIDAL
TuneIn
WiMp

Thanks in advance
Qobuz and Tidal both offer "lossless" CD-quality (16-bit 44.1 khz losslessly compressed). Beyond that, Tidal supports MQA, while Qobuz has 24-bit HiRez. I like both. I prefer Qobuz in almost every way except in terms of library size, in which Tidal has the edge... I don't really like the economics of MQA.

BlueSound is Roon-Ready, too... and Tidal and Qobuz both support Roon Integration. Roon is great. Bluesound devices aren't cheap. You've paid a premium price for a premium product; IMO you might as well feed it some premium content (Tidal/Roon), and if you've got a big library of your own CD rips, consider integrating them together with your subscription(s) via Roon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page