Best way to add AirPlay 2 to system? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2019, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
2ms

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best way to stream Apple Music?

I have an old Airport Express that I use as the only source in my living room stereo system. I just like playing all my music from my iPad. It’s great for parties etc.

However, I was wondering if there might be something higher performance than the Airport Express. Maybe more for reducing lag than anything else. When you skip ahead in songs etc there is a little lag.

Can anyone recommend a good simple way of adding Airplay 2 to a stereo system? I would only be using it for digital. Right now I am using the Toslink out on my Airport Express to go to MiniDSP where the DA conversion takes place along with room correction. Since they discontinued the AirportmExpress,cImcwondering what Apple,expects people to use these days for connecting stereo systems. Thanks ahead for whatever you could recommend.

Last edited by 2ms; 11-27-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-29-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 882
check out the full line of products from VSSL. They are about to finally release airplay 2 on all their devices but they also have a little device as well.

For most people, the best option is an amplified unit and theirs are working great for my whole house. also there is built in EQ which helps for home setups and in-wall speakers.

Blazar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page