Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 vs LG WebOS (C9)
I'm considering a Shield Pro 2019, mostly because the C9 is missing HBO Now and because it would improve some general home theater automation/ease of use issues.
How do they stack up? Especially with regards to:
- Upscaling quality, especially 1080p to 4K
- Netflix output, in both SDR 1080p and 4K Dolby Vision
- Youtube output, principally SDR 1080p and SDR 4K. I don't really watch Youtube HDR content so that isn't any issue.
- Overall interface responsiveness, especially with a Harmony Hub as the control device (note that I've tweaked the response times with good effect for the LG C9).
- Color accuracy and colorspace auto-switching. This seems to work very well with LG WebOS. I've heard reports that this is still buggy on the Shield after patching.
- Motion quality (perceptual). I understand that the Shield doesn't switch framerates for streaming apps. I can't verify if LG WebOS does, but it 'looks and feels' like I'm watching 24hz out of Netflix.
- Quality in other apps, like HBO Now or Vudu.
Any other thoughts or considerations are welcome as well! Thank you.