Apple TV4K HDR AUDIO BUG! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Unread 12-03-2019, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Apple TV4K HDR AUDIO BUG!

For those of you who consider yourself audiophiles or audio enthusiast, and are running your Apple TV in 4K HDR with Dolby atmos there is an audio issue with the Apple TV.
Faint audio pops can be heard across multiple content when both HDR and atmos enabled, I’m not talking about sound bar people, you probably won’t hear it there lol.

I’ve tried this on multiple set ups with multiple cables with gigabit internet, all yielding the same results. It’s driving nuts!

I tested my buddies Apple TV on my set up and still had the same results. We even went out and bought an Onkyo receiver a TX-NR797 it produced the exact same results. So I know there isn’t an issue with my receiver specifically which is the Pioneer VSX-LX504. I run my Apple TV through my receiver then to my TV which is a 75” Sony 900e.

The issue only happens when I’m running in atmos and matching HDR content is turned on. If I run on 5.1, the audio bug disappears, or if I Run in atmos and turn off HDR the audio bug disappears. I have booked marked the morning show at 4:50 mark for reference in testing. Faint static like pops can be heard on the high pitches of the music/sound effects from the left surround... I’ve also have the same kind of audio pops happen with the movie “It” at 3:55 mark from my other channels. It happens in other content too including Netflix but I don’t have those shows bookmarked. I’ve ruled out cables as I’ve tried 3 different manufactures and I’m now using the Apple recommended belkin cables that support up to 8k.

My buddy just ran this on his B&W atmos Set up he’s got a Mirantz processor Av8805 and 2 amplifiers the Mm8077 and the Mm7055. He got the exact same popping... this might not be something a lot of people will notice but once you do you can’t Unhear it. I’ve been on the phone with Apple the past couple weeks trying to eliminate variables but I can now conclusively say it’s not my receiver, speakers, cables or even my TV. It’s the Apple TV. Apple needs to fix this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming