Fire Stick 4K low streaming volume - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-2020, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Fire Stick 4K low streaming volume

I have a 4K Fire Stick and the volume through every app (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, YouTube, Disney+) is very low compared to streaming through any other device (Xbox One X, Xbox One S, PS4, Vizio TV, etc.). My Fire Stick is connected to my Marantz SR6012 via HDMI. All devices are up to date. My Fire Stick is running software version Fire OS 6.2.6.8 (NS6268/2315).

On any other device the volume is always set somewhere in the 50's for normal listening volume. With the Fire Stick I have to raise the volume into the 70's. However, then the volume for the Fire Stick sounds are very loud.

I've searched Google for this and the "solution" that comes up over and over is to go to Settings --> Display & Sounds --> Audio --> Dolby Digital Output and check Dolby Digital Plus OFF. The problem is that my audio choices aren't the same. Instead I have Settings --> Display & Sounds --> Audio --> Surround Mode. Then my choices are Best Available, Stereo, Always Dolby Digital Plus, or Always Dolby Digital. No matter which one I select I still have very low streaming volume.

Is there a solution that I'm missing?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2020, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Good afternoon, I live in Brazil, I'm looking for an average center that plays blu ray ISO or BDMV, but I can navigate perfectly in the menus like a physical blu ray, I'm in doubt on some models, you can suggest me what are the more efficient for what I'm looking for? For example between ZAPPITI, ZIDOO, DUNE, EGREAT and CHINOOPO which is the best or the models I can buy without fear that will suit me in what I need, I will probably put sata internal hd 5t and play everything on the internal hd. a hug

obs: is possible in fire cube?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page