Suggest NEW Audio equip IPOD USB Heos Or MusicCast - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-09-2020, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Suggest NEW Audio equip IPOD USB Heos Or MusicCast

OK… I am re-doing my audio at home. I just bought a new smart home with Alexa speakers everywhere.
My OLD setup: stereo amp with RCA inputs, CD player, ipod touch gen1 via headphone to RCA cable. Sound is good… but no remote control of ipod music.
What I want:
1. Amp or Receiver WITH IPOD USB interface for music and control. I would like music files to be DACed by amp/receiver and have ability to use remote control to select tracks, playlists.
2. Ability to share ipod music on my Alexa speakers in any room I want. (trying to avoid leaving computer on with apple airplay running all day)
I see three options:
A receiver with everything in it… not easy to find clear USB will work with IPOD. (yet I have a 10 year old clock radio with ipod dock that has full control under $50)
Or
Media player that handles the ipod, media services and smart music sharing (heos or musiccast).
Or
Get new ipod touch with Airplay turn the ipod into a music source. Then hopefully any other airplay speaker can access my ipod music and playlists.
If you have done this… please tell me what you bought, and how you like it.
I see three routes the Yamaha-Music cast, Denon Heos and Airplay.
Advice is super appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
airplay , heos , ipod touch , musiccast , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page