Apple TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apple TV

Quick question regarding Apple TV. would I be able to access ESPN/Fox/NBC/ABC on Apple by logging in with my Verizon Fios Credentials? I am trying to avoid paying for another cable box and was hoping this was a possibility. Does Apple have all these basic channels as apps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2020, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked: 3729
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjells View Post
Quick question regarding Apple TV. would I be able to access ESPN/Fox/NBC/ABC on Apple by logging in with my Verizon Fios Credentials? I am trying to avoid paying for another cable box and was hoping this was a possibility. Does Apple have all these basic channels as apps?
And more..most cable channels have an app in the Apple TV app section. As long as Verizon has an agreement with a given network you should be fine, that's on Verizon not the app. Most cable and satellite companies do so I imagine Verizon Fios should too.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2020, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
And more..most cable channels have an app in the Apple TV app section. As long as Verizon has an agreement with a given network you should be fine, that's on Verizon not the app. Most cable and satellite companies do so I imagine Verizon Fios should too.
Now would I be able to pull up my local CBS/Fox /ABC Affiliates on here? mainly asking for local nfl football games where I would be able to watch the Giants/Jets when they are on CBS/Fox. how does apple or even say amazon firestick treat the local affiliate channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2020, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Now would I be able to pull up my local CBS/Fox /ABC Affiliates on here? mainly asking for local nfl football games where I would be able to watch the Giants/Jets when they are on CBS/Fox. how does apple or even say amazon firestick treat the local affiliate channels?
You can't get CBS without subbing to CBS All Access. With that you would get your local live channels on CBS, Fox, ABC and NBC.

Bobby 

post #5 of 5 Old 02-13-2020, 01:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked: 3729
Quote:
Not all network apps will give you access to your locals. If your local affiliate owner is not the network itself, then there has to be a agreement between Verizon and the owners. This is why it took things like Hulu Live TV and YouTube Live TV so long to get local affliates, agreements need to be struck with station owners..Example Sinclair or Gray own groups of stations. Sports apps may give you more network options to find a game. Example Fox Now is a different app than Fox Sports. You have to just try these things out and see what you get.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page