I, too, use a Harmony Remote to control all my AV devices including the Shield. Surprisingly, the remote of Shield 2019 is one of the better remote I experienced. Also, the upconvert feature (they call it AI Upscaling) works well with 720 and 1080 sources.
I certainly have no experience in this Tesla box but I did go through a few Chinese Andriod boxes (2 Tronsmart, Mecool, Minix and a no-name one) over the years. Although Shield-2019 costs 3-4 times more than these boxes, it is definitely worth the money.
My experiences with these Chinese Andriod boxes:
1. Stream Netflix only in SD (looks like 480 or 576)
2. Prime does not work at all
3. Poor remote. Poor range and works only if you point the remote directly to the box
4. No software upgrade nor support.
5. Overheat. 60-65C while streaming 720. Sometimes 75C to stream 1080. I put an external USB fan for cooling.
To be fair, Minix is by far a better one. Too bad, it costs nearly as much as the Shield but still could not stream Netflix HD or Prime.
Last edited by mis3; 02-15-2020 at 04:16 PM.