is ipod via USB dead ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
is ipod via USB dead ?

Well I have noticed it is pretty much impossible to find any AMP, Receiver or even Audio Media player that has a USB input for my ipod for music, charging and control.
I called Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon and Marantz... and after about 50 "no sorry you cant do that" one of them finally told me that music from your ipod into audio equipment is not happening anymore due to price/license/patent between Apple and hifi companies.

To make matters worse... apple does not make a ipod dock with Digital output to connect to a HIFI system, much less a dock with remote control.

I do have one 2013 pioneer elite amp that works wonderfully with my ipod via usb. It pulls out digital music, DACs it nicely, can select playlists, pause, play, next track with no problems.
The only "new" products I found are some select single cd players have USB support for ipod.

So I am stuck with 2 other ipods NO NEW audio equipment to put them in unless i use headphone to rca cable.
Seriously how does apple think this will help them sell more ipods or iphones?

On a separate note IOS 10+ on apple iphone and some ipods will not allow your CAR STEREO to use USB connection for music also.... WTF apple !
I can tell you i am NOT allowing OS upgrade on my ipods from here on out.

Soooo do any of you fine fellows have an idea of how to maximize my IPOD USB connection to audio.
Are there any old products or DIY media players that have ipod USB support?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked: 2162
Closed. Please use your existing thread.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
digital , ipod , optical audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page