Internet TV viewing application on Sony - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-28-2020, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Internet TV viewing application on Sony

My area does not have cable TV. Choosing to watch TV with internet application is a great choice. But I have difficulty finding a free TV viewing application. Someone help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-29-2020, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 224
If you're looking for a true cable replacement with network and cable channels, you'll need to look at the likes of YouTubeTV, Sling, Hulu Live, etc... but they're not free.

If you want free cable-like and on-demand content, check out PlutoTV, Tubi, Crackle, FilmOn, Xumo, Haystack, LiveOn, Wave TV, Stirr, CW/CW Seed, NewsOn, CBS News etc. If you have Amazon Prime already, there's plenty of free content from there as well. There's alos quite a bit of free content available in the "On Us" section of Vudu. Also see if your local library participates in Kanopy. PlutoTV probably has the most cable-like experience (both "live" channels with guide and on-demand selection) and widest selection of content, but you'll have to see if you like what's available through it or not.

You may want to provide some more information on your equipment. You mention a Sony TV, but is it an Android TV based model? If so, you should have access to most or all of the options I listed above. If not, adding a simple inexpensive streaming device like a Roku Express (or Premiere if you have a 4K TV) will open you up to most or all of the above services, along with a lot of free content from the Roku Channel.

BenQ TK800 | Silver Ticket 106" 16:9 1.0 Grey | Marantz SR6011 | B&W P6 | B&W CDMC SE | Sonance .5 THX SUR | MCM In-Ceiling Atmos | Ascendant Avalanche 12" in 6 ft^3 @ 18Hz w/ BASH 500w Plate Amp | Sony X800 | NVidia Shield TV Pro | XBox One 500gb | Nintendo Switch | Harmony Hub Ultimate | SmartThings Hub | Google Home | AT&T Fiber 300 | YouTube TV | Netflix | Disney+ | Spotify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page