External streaming/media device for my LG CX - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-06-2020, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
External streaming/media device for my LG CX

Hi all,
I’ve just bought an LG CX and am not keen on how the internal Netflix apps look on the TV. Could anyone recommend a great external device that can allow me to have lots of control over all aspects of the video quality for streaming apps and downloaded movies? I.e. I would like to brighten up the video in certain scenarios - add more ‘pop’ etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andykara2003 View Post
Hi all,

I’ve just bought an LG CX and am not keen on how the internal Netflix apps look on the TV. Could anyone recommend a great external device that can allow me to have lots of control over all aspects of the video quality for streaming apps and downloaded movies? I.e. I would like to brighten up the video in certain scenarios - add more ‘pop’ etc
I have a c9 and a nvidia shield but I much prefer the native netflix TV instead of the shield tbh. You could change brightness /color etc by the TV settings if you want

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2020, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos_tsitsipis View Post
I have a c9 and a nvidia shield but I much prefer the native netflix TV instead of the shield tbh. You could change brightness /color etc by the TV settings if you want

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Very revealing, thanks. perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree in terms of streaming - Vincent mentioned that LG are passionate about their PQ so it stands to reason they'd have tuned their main apps well. Just got to find a way around the Non-DTS support for my HDD movies..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page