Onkyo/Integra Net-Tune Users - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 442 Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try to update again. Sounds like the Firmware update failed and won't work. Re-download the file too just to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 442 Old 09-11-2006, 03:56 AM

post #273 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Your Post contains one or more URLs or image calls, please remove them before submitting your message again. To prevent the abuse of spam, we have set this restriction in place until after you make 5 posts.

I have url to post, so here I go: post 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 PM

Post 2
post #275 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 PM

Post 3
post #276 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:23 PM

Post 4
post #277 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:23 PM

Post 5
post #278 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 PM

You want to configure your own internet radio stations on your Net-Tune receiver ? I think I have a program you will be interested in.
A few month ago, I was asking myself "how could I use my own radio presets in my Onkyo receiver...". I did not found any software or trick on internet. So I decided to begin a small project: I developped a proxy that intercepts requests made to Xiva and send back the station I configured

And as it seems there's people interested here, I made some more tests and write the manual (it's so long to write this small piece of doc).

First, I want to let you know that this program is command line based, there is no graphical interface: you have to edit a configuration file to define your own radio stations.
I tested this program only on this configuration: Windows XP (no firewall) Pro, Windows 2000 (no firewall), and an internet router.
The reciever was a TX-NR801E never firmware upgraded. I never upgraded the firmware because I'm too afraid it's not compatible with my small proxy. So I could not test WMA streams, but it perfectly works for "pls" files and mp3 streams. You can test and tell me if it works for WMA.

Direct link to the manual.
The proxy with sources and a configuration sample: here.
post #279 of 442 Old 09-13-2006, 04:21 PM

Works on Mac too.
Quote:

ProxyServer for Net-Tune protocol. Program version 1.01.
Server listening on port 8000.
Press "exit" to stop the proxy server.
Press "t" to list running threads.

If you don't mind, I'll add this to the list too.
post #280 of 442 Old 09-18-2006, 01:04 AM

[quote=oligo]You want to configure your own internet radio stations on your Net-Tune receiver ? I think I have a program you will be interested in.
A few month ago, I was asking myself "how could I use my own radio presets in my Onkyo receiver...". I did not found any software or trick on internet. So I decided to begin a small project: I developped a proxy that intercepts requests made to Xiva and send back the station I configured

And as it seems there's people interested here, I made some more tests and
write the manual (it's so long to write this small piece of doc).

Hi to everyone, I have followed your thread for a while and found it very very informative and then finally last week the good news.

Yes yes yes I am excited, thank you so much for that piece of software.
Finally the NR-801 is not just a piece of furniture. I can now finally listen to all my favourite radio stations, even if some only come accros with 32 or 40kbps, that is still better than nothing or plugging the laptop into the receiver.
The Nettune runs on a XP Pro laptop

Yes and with the Firmware update to 2.00.03, WMA files can be played as well and it finds radio stations that didn´t work yesterday.
Yesterday I tried the NetTune proxy without the firmware update. Most of the stations couldn´t be tuned. Then I tried the Firmware update, didn´t work in the first place, I had the Nettune Central Integrated running, stopped the server, still wouldn´t run. I had to kill some of the background processes first.

Then the update ran through in 15 min et voila all my favourite stations come through streaming as MP3 and WMA.

Currently the Nettune proxy runs on a XP Pro laptop, but the whole home network runs on SuSE Linux, so I am now trying to run the Nettune proxy server on Java on Linux. Hope it works.

Once again thank you so much. Keep the good work up
post #281 of 442 Old 09-18-2006, 01:33 PM

Yes, that's also good news for me OnkyoFreak !

You made your receiver work with NetTuneProxy AND the new firmware AND WMA streams ! That means there's not incompatibility between NetTuneProxy and the firmware 2.00.03, cool !!! I'll upgrade my receiver firmware soon. Then I can do more testing with NetTuneProxy next features: support of extended m3u files and stream format autodetection (no more need to set it in the config file).

It should also work on Linux as I didn't put any OS specific code inside. If not, tell me...

Thanks for your feedback
post #282 of 442 Old 09-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Hi Oligo,

I think I found the problem on Linux. I guess you developped your little programm with Java 1.5, my linux box is running Java 1.4.2, because of a FTP server, that refers to it.

And I can't get both Java versions to work side by side, and the FTP server doesn't work with Java 1.5
But my laptop has a dual boot XP/Linux partition, so tonight I will try to install Java 1.5 on the Linux laptop and I will keep you posted.

and once again, thanks for the great effort.

Another thing I noticed, when I installed Nettune Central 2.3 before I installed Nettune Central Integrated, that only so briefly when, Nettune started up, in the Launch Manager, there are these three cirlces, one of which says I think Audio, the other two are blank, the second one briefly said something like Video.

Onkyo didn't think of streaming video capabilities by any chance for the NR-801E?
Just a thought
post #283 of 442 Old 09-19-2006, 12:55 AM

Hi Oligo,

yes and it also runs under SuSE Linux 10.0, I had to update from Java 1.4.2 to 1.5.0.3 and now it works nicely on the server.
Beautiful and thanks
post #284 of 442 Old 09-23-2006, 04:10 PM

Did anyone notice the Onkyo 801 and 901 A/V receivers are absent from the US site? Only one model remains: the 1000. To be honest, the possibility of Onkyo dropping NetTune altogether never occurred to me. I would hope they would improve the service instead of abandon it. I fear of what is to come, or more to the point, what will not come in the way of updates.
post #285 of 442 Old 09-24-2006, 01:03 PM

Anyone know if the Net-Tune Integrated software will work with Integra receivers? Sounds like it would be a lot easier to work with than the standard software.
post #286 of 442 Old 09-24-2006, 09:44 PM

Has anyone had any trouble with the playlist functionality using Net tune Central Integrated. My playlists while showing in WMP often disappear on the receiver, and show as No Playlists. If I reinstall the Net tune Central Integrated software again they show up, but only till I close down the laptop, and then it is back to a reinstall. Any help gratefully accepted.
post #287 of 442 Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM

oligo....Awesome Job! I installed your program and wow ... my 801 can finally play all my radio stations. Unbelievable! You did a great job! You could definitely teach Onkyo a few things...........MANY THANKS
post #288 of 442 Old 09-29-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkyoFreak View Post

Hi Oligo,

Another thing I noticed, when I installed Nettune Central 2.3 before I installed Nettune Central Integrated, that only so briefly when, Nettune started up, in the Launch Manager, there are these three cirlces, one of which says I think Audio, the other two are blank, the second one briefly said something like Video.

Onkyo didn't think of streaming video capabilities by any chance for the NR-801E?
Just a thought

I believe that in the Japanese market, Onkyo offers much more comprehensive versions of Nettune, including HD video.

Eric
post #289 of 442 Old 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM

Oligo,

This is fantastic! It works like a charm using the Integra DTR-10.5 with NetTune card...proxy hosted on Windows 2003 R2 Server. WMA and MP3 work just terrifically well.

Many thanks!

Eric
post #290 of 442 Old 10-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Hi all

NetTuneProxy v1.02 is available, new features are:
* Special characters are now correctly handled in the URLs of the configuration file.
* Support for .m3u files. The factory firmware of the TX-NR801E only support the simple m3u file format (not the extended format). The firmware 02.00.03 does support the m3u extended file format.
* Simplified configuration file. Stream type is now deduced from the URL (see the included sample).

NetTuneProxy page

Good news: finally I upgraded my firmware to 02.00.03, and it perfectly works together with NetTuneProxy, no compatibility issue till now...

uapf3: since I installed Net-Tune Central 2 Integrated, I have troubles with playlists: when I choose the menu "4.Playlists" I have always "No Playlists"... And for the library, it only worked the first time I imported files, now I can't manage to update it: I add files to WMP, I force "Update the library" in NTC2I but no trace of these files in the receiver... maybe a NTC2I bug ?

egcarter: I'll add this to NetTuneProxy manual, this information will be useful to Integra owners

Oligo
post #291 of 442 Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOnkyo View Post

Success! Apparently the NetTune app is garbage in keeping itself clean on a device and even if you kill the app from the system tray it still leaves (2) processes running in the background... which secretly conflict with the "ntupdate" app. So they need to be killed prior. I used Windows Defender to locate them (looking for things registered to Onkyo Corp) but tech support also recommended just pulling NetTune from your start menu and just rebooting if you don't feel comfortable with that.

Anyhow... afterwards I was able to successfully pull down 1.00.18 on my NR900. Took about 20 mins over my gigabit LAN total.

I can confirm that yes, you should write down all your settings for your ports as they'll all be reset (i.e., what OPT connection is mapped to DVD, Video 1, etc... all that stuff). Oddly, the *only* thing that did *not* get overwritten was my network settings. I didn't need to re-enter my IP, DHCP settings, proxy, etc. All of that was kept... which was good since the UI doesn't make it all that fun to retype

Anyhow... post-update I can report that the Xiva stuff now works nearly 99%. I tried a whole bunch and only one station didn't work. Quality on most were still at a lackluster 32kbit/sec WMA but I was just happy to get the feature working. Next it'll be nice to see if Ebirbal gets his server up so we can all redirect through him for our own settings. In the meantime I made my request to Onkyo/Xiva to start supporting my streams. Hopefully they get off their butts and do it PDQ

Thanks a lot! I just got around to updating my 900 and had the same problem. I think I will retry now.
Regards,
K

K
post #292 of 442 Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oligo View Post

Hi all

NetTuneProxy v1.02 is available, new features are:
* Special characters are now correctly handled in the URLs of the configuration file.
* Support for .m3u files. The factory firmware of the TX-NR801E only support the simple m3u file format (not the extended format). The firmware 02.00.03 does support the m3u extended file format.
* Simplified configuration file. Stream type is now deduced from the URL (see the included sample).

Oligo

Hi Oligo,

thanks for the update, works nicely. Great job
post #293 of 442 Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM

Oligo,

Thanks for the gift of NetTuneProxy v1.02!

I am running the 02.00.03 firmware on my TX-NR801 and your software is awsome.

I registered just to say 'outstanding job'!

Graycee
post #294 of 442 Old 10-13-2006, 06:53 AM

Oligo:

Great tool. Finally my Onkyo receiver handles the stations that I like.

Would be great to expand the project with GUI/more features. I could jump in with with some GUI if other people are interested in contributing to this.

just a tought.
post #295 of 442 Old 10-13-2006, 07:56 AM

Maybe others would be interested in posting their station lists (iRadio.txt)?

I only have five stations at the moment, but am hoping to add to it extensively over the weekend.

Graycee
post #296 of 442 Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hmmm, all these recent posts are rekindling my interest. Be that as it may, I have had far too much other crap to deal with of late, so I probably won't be playing around with this new proxy for a few months.

My question, even though it is probably very lame, is how in the world do I get a serial # for my Nettune 2 software? It's been some time since I downloaded it, but I dont' remember receiving a serial number just to install it. Is this something I have to do through Onkyo's site again? I just finished rebuilding my main PC & had to reinstall everything, which went fine up to the point of the NetTune 2 software. Any help would be much appreciated.

Suburbia: where trees are cut down and streets are named after them.
Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/sets/
post #297 of 442 Old 10-16-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy View Post

Hmmm, all these recent posts are rekindling my interest. Be that as it may, I have had far too much other crap to deal with of late, so I probably won't be playing around with this new proxy for a few months.

My question, even though it is probably very lame, is how in the world do I get a serial # for my Nettune 2 software? It's been some time since I downloaded it, but I dont' remember receiving a serial number just to install it. Is this something I have to do through Onkyo's site again? I just finished rebuilding my main PC & had to reinstall everything, which went fine up to the point of the NetTune 2 software. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think one only needs the serial number of your Onkyo/Integra/IR product in order to DOWNLOAD the Nettune software, no?

Eric
post #298 of 442 Old 10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcarter View Post

I think one only needs the serial number of your Onkyo/Integra/IR product in order to DOWNLOAD the Nettune software, no?

Eric

I had assumed as much, but when I try to install the program (which was downloaded when it first came out), it asks for a serial number. I just don't remember ever having to type that in during installation-only to download it. But, odd that it may sound, I'll have to try plugging in my Onkyo serial tonight & see what happens. It amazes me that they have so many safeguards for such a poor piece of software.

Suburbia: where trees are cut down and streets are named after them.
Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/sets/
post #299 of 442 Old 10-16-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:

I had assumed as much, but when I try to install the program (which was downloaded when it first came out), it asks for a serial number. I just don't remember ever having to type that in during installation-only to download it. But, odd that it may sound, I'll have to try plugging in my Onkyo serial tonight & see what happens. It amazes me that they have so many safeguards for such a poor piece of software.

Ahhh, you're correct. It should be just the same serial number you used to download it. (Your receiver, etc.)

Eric
post #300 of 442 Old 10-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Oligo's little proxy is well worth a try. It works well for me and took five minutes to install, as long as you install Java 1.5.
I finally could get some of my favourite radiostations to play. Eventhough they only stream with 44 kbps, it still better than no German radio in Oz at all.

For Nettune Central Integrated 2 to work, mine worked with the serial number of my NR 801. When I got a copy of the previous Nettune 2.3 it also worked with a different number, something like 1999xx99999. I would have to find it again. Not sure though whether it'll work with Nettune Central Integrated.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page