Onkyo/Integra Net-Tune Users - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 442 Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Exactly my point and I would like to figure out what are the limitations if any to which stations you can listen to.
My receiver is NR801 and I did do firmware upgrade on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 442 Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkyoFreak View Post

Regarding the genre, you can create your own genre in the iRadio.txt file, what ever genre you want and it will turn up on the Nettune display.

Why do you still want to go through Xiva. You know the radio stations you want. You find their IP adress, copy it into iRadio.txt and reset your preset on your receiver. The only disadvantage is you have to have a PC running when using iRadio

Untether the hacks will not work unless someone will hack into the Receiver.

The idea of the current proxy is not to depend of Xiva. With the proxy you can finally use any radiostation you want to listen to and not the few Xiva is offering

I know. But after going so long and then having a magic firmware update finally start unlocking everything on Xiva, I was only just beginning to explore it a bit. So it's like turning down a thousand channels of exploration for the 10 or so I want. Technically, at worst, we should be able to pass-through all the Xiva content and append on an "NTP" (or whatever, for NetTuneProxy in this case) to a special genre category with our custom choices. That way, in the short term, if we need to run the proxy on the PC all the time we're not limited. I'm also thinking of those who don't run servers in their house all the time (I know, for us geeks that's a shock )... but some only have work laptops, xboxes, or whatever, in addition to their receiver. I was thinking to help those folks all it would take is someone popping on their network temporarily with a laptop, setting the presets, and whoila it's all done. Apparently I had a bad assumption about the architecture.

At least with the mini-proxy, if Xiva ever goes under too, we're good to go
post #333 of 442 Old 10-23-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOnkyo View Post

I know. But after going so long and then having a magic firmware update finally start unlocking everything on Xiva, I was only just beginning to explore it a bit. So it's like turning down a thousand channels of exploration for the 10 or so I want. Technically, at worst, we should be able to pass-through all the Xiva content and append on an "NTP" (or whatever, for NetTuneProxy in this case) to a special genre category with our custom choices. That way, in the short term, if we need to run the proxy on the PC all the time we're not limited. I'm also thinking of those who don't run servers in their house all the time (I know, for us geeks that's a shock )... but some only have work laptops, xboxes, or whatever, in addition to their receiver. I was thinking to help those folks all it would take is someone popping on their network temporarily with a laptop, setting the presets, and whoila it's all done. Apparently I had a bad assumption about the architecture.

not having a server running at home all the time, what's the point in life, if I haven't got the network on all

You're right CJ, I just received last months electricity bill and it would be nice if there was a way of using the proxy otherwise. Best would be built into the firmware update.

Also unfortunately I haven't found any of my radio stations on Xiva, although I requested them to be put on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 442 Old 10-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:

I absolutely agree here. The firmware upgrade has opened up a new world of stations which will take some time to explore. Not being able to use the proxy and Xiva at the same time means having to go to the receiver and turn off the proxy every time you want to listed to one of the Xiva stations. I though the the earlier solutions using the Pivoxy proxy allowed you to use both. I never did get that working on my receiver bu tthat could have been user error
post #335 of 442 Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianelvis View Post

I absolutely agree here. The firmware upgrade has opened up a new world of stations which will take some time to explore. Not being able to use the proxy and Xiva at the same time means having to go to the receiver and turn off the proxy every time you want to listed to one of the Xiva stations. I though the the earlier solutions using the Pivoxy proxy allowed you to use both. I never did get that working on my receiver bu tthat could have been user error

I'm not going to b*tch too hard here. I'm *extremely* happy with what Oligo has managed to do. The first time it worked and I was pulling in 160, 192, and 320 kbit streams it was heavenly to hear... with the average Xiva stream rate being around 64. And yes, I do have around three machines going in the house typically... doing something productive. If not, I make them run Seti or something. And yes, I have approximately 2000 ft of CAT6 wiring that I did myself, running an all-gigabit network to 30 ports strewn throughout the house. But I digress. I am *not* the average joe when it comes to IT and I like my devices to be independent. Example... I buy network printers with standalone print servers built in so I don't need a print server. Example... I buy network cameras with mini embedded Linux servers that don't require anything except an ethernet jack and power (or PoE) so I don't need to co-locate a computer nearby. Example... I bought a receiver knowing that while it *could* stream music from my MP3 server, it could also pull in internet radio stations (which I knew I'd use more often). Essentially I figured I could get the functionality of an AudioTron but integrated into a killer 7.1 receiver. I did... but it sure did come with some baggage ) At least I was lucky enough to find a like-minded support group of geeks out here.

Thanks again for all the hard work and we look forward to future upgrades... knowing that many of us don't have the programming know-how to even get this far. Keep up the great work! )
post #336 of 442 Old 10-25-2006, 01:50 PM

"As I don't know whether you've updated your firmware, here is link to download the firmware:

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/...load/index.html

"
Well, you can't get past the identification link without the right serial number. Anybody know what that sn is for upgrading my 801?
post #337 of 442 Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 PM

Au contraire...

US owners should use this link to download the firmware (no serial number necessary):

http://www.onkyousa.com/download/firmware.cfm

-Eric
post #338 of 442 Old 10-25-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgolding View Post

"As I don't know whether you've updated your firmware, here is link to download the firmware:

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/...load/index.html

"
Well, you can't get past the identification link without the right serial number. Anybody know what that sn is for upgrading my 801?

Doesn't it work with the sn of your NR-801?
I just had to type in the sn of mine, which is on a sticker on the back of the unit and way I went.

I had the choice of two firmware upgrades

1.00.03 or 2.00.03, the later had an update for Dolby Digital EX if I remember correctly. I choose 2.00.03.

Since then I have improved reception for iRadio, especially for WMA files
post #339 of 442 Old 10-25-2006, 04:14 PM
rad
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
OK, what's the secret to getting the upgrade to load onto the receiver? My 901 finds the server but at the next step it can't find the firmware for the upgrade. I've turned off the firewall on the PC and still no joy. Any ideas???
post #340 of 442 Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

OK, what's the secret to getting the upgrade to load onto the receiver? My 901 finds the server but at the next step it can't find the firmware for the upgrade. I've turned off the firewall on the PC and still no joy. Any ideas???

When I installed the firmware upgrade, I had stopped the Nettune Central Integrated server, but found out that there where 4 processes running

WinLibMgrTsV.exe
WinNTSPDV.exe
NTSPServMng.exe
NCentral.exe

Closing down the Nettune server only stopped the NCentral.exe
process, you have to open a task manager and you have to kill the remaining three processes manually.

Then you can the upgrade, which will take up to 25 min. Therefore stop all screensavers if you have them on.
post #341 of 442 Old 10-26-2006, 07:12 AM
rad
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkyoFreak View Post

When I installed the firmware upgrade, I had stopped the Nettune Central Integrated server, but found out that there where 4 processes running

WinLibMgrTsV.exe
WinNTSPDV.exe
NTSPServMng.exe
NCentral.exe

Closing down the Nettune server only stopped the NCentral.exe
process, you have to open a task manager and you have to kill the remaining three processes manually.

Then you can the upgrade, which will take up to 25 min. Therefore stop all screensavers if you have them on.

Still no joy. I even installed the upgrade software on a laptop that never had Nettune on it and the same thing, says software not found on the receiver. I made sure that Windows/XP firewall was off also. Any other ideas to try?
post #342 of 442 Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to b*tch too hard here. I'm *extremely* happy with what Oligo has managed to do. The first time it worked and I was pulling in 160, 192, and 320 kbit streams it was heavenly to hear... with the average Xiva stream rate being around 64. And yes, I do have around three machines going in the house typically... doing something productive. If not, I make them run Seti or something. And yes, I have approximately 2000 ft of CAT6 wiring that I did myself, running an all-gigabit network to 30 ports strewn throughout the house. But I digress. I am *not* the average joe when it comes to IT and I like my devices to be independent. Example... I buy network printers with standalone print servers built in so I don't need a print server. Example... I buy network cameras with mini embedded Linux servers that don't require anything except an ethernet jack and power (or PoE) so I don't need to co-locate a computer nearby. Example... I bought a receiver knowing that while it *could* stream music from my MP3 server, it could also pull in internet radio stations (which I knew I'd use more often). Essentially I figured I could get the functionality of an AudioTron but integrated into a killer 7.1 receiver. I did... but it sure did come with some baggage ) At least I was lucky enough to find a like-minded support group of geeks out here.

Thanks again for all the hard work and we look forward to future upgrades... knowing that many of us don't have the programming know-how to even get this far. Keep up the great work! )

Hey No complaints here. I'm just trying to see if we can expand on the good work already accomplished.

I did install privoxy again on my laptop this time and got it to pull the custom list under My favorites. Not sure why it won't play the URL I put in place of the link to the .pls file. However I did verify that it plays the native Xiva stations in addition to anything you would add yourself.

For now I have programmed the macros on my remote to switch between using the proxy and turning it off to bring in the Xiva stations. My hope is that I can get Privoxy working and then add all the custom stations to My Favorites.
post #343 of 442 Old 10-26-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post

Still no joy. I even installed the upgrade software on a laptop that never had Nettune on it and the same thing, says software not found on the receiver. I made sure that Windows/XP firewall was off also. Any other ideas to try?

Well are there any other servers in the network running Nettune at the same time? In case you have music on various other computers.
When you want to update you'll have to make sure that no other PC in your network is running Nettune in the background.
Running a firewall on the PC wasn't a problem, but I turned it off just in case.

Apart from the part with the background prccesses I followed the manual and everything was done within 15-20 min
post #344 of 442 Old 10-26-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianelvis View Post

Hey No complaints here. I'm just trying to see if we can expand on the good work already accomplished.

I did install privoxy again on my laptop this time and got it to pull the custom list under My favorites. Not sure why it won't play the URL I put in place of the link to the .pls file. However I did verify that it plays the native Xiva stations in addition to anything you would add yourself.

For now I have programmed the macros on my remote to switch between using the proxy and turning it off to bring in the Xiva stations. My hope is that I can get Privoxy working and then add all the custom stations to My Favorites.

When you get something working like that, I'm all ears. For now, I'm just going to spend the weekend on the Winamp/Shoutcast directories looking for top-quality (minimum of 128k streams) to populate my own decent list of 20-30 things. I've got about half of that already. This way I don't get bored for now. I can also dogfood the oligo proxy and see how stable it is for a long period of time. Like I said previously, I've had a number of java apps that end up consuming a ton of memory after a while. One example is my Silicon Image RAID array monitor. If I left that Java app running long enough it consumes all my physical memory and starts hitting the page file. It's nuts. You can watch the process gain about 4k every couple of seconds when it's minimized to the tray. If you maximize it and then minimize it again, it resets the thing and it goes back to a few MB in size (from what could be at times literally hundreds of MB). I can't blame Java... just the morons at SIimage. Oligo's proxy seemed to be pretty stable for the few hours I had it up. Next I plan to monitor it for a week and see its impact.

Can't wait for the next project to come of age :-)
post #345 of 442 Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:

When you get something working like that, I'm all ears. For now, I'm just going to spend the weekend on the Winamp/Shoutcast directories looking for top-quality (minimum of 128k streams) to populate my own decent list of 20-30 things. I've got about half of that already. This way I don't get bored for now. I can also dogfood the oligo proxy and see how stable it is for a long period of time. Like I said previously, I've had a number of java apps that end up consuming a ton of memory after a while. One example is my Silicon Image RAID array monitor. If I left that Java app running long enough it consumes all my physical memory and starts hitting the page file. It's nuts. You can watch the process gain about 4k every couple of seconds when it's minimized to the tray. If you maximize it and then minimize it again, it resets the thing and it goes back to a few MB in size (from what could be at times literally hundreds of MB). I can't blame Java... just the morons at SIimage. Oligo's proxy seemed to be pretty stable for the few hours I had it up. Next I plan to monitor it for a week and see its impact.

Can't wait for the next project to come of age :-)

I have been constantly running Oligos proxy for the past four weeks on an old PIII 700Mhz Linux server, with 768 MB . It hasn't crashed once and doesn't seem to have been slowed down over time by the Nettune proxy.
post #346 of 442 Old 10-31-2006, 04:57 PM

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who's posted here. I just purchased a refurbished nr901 and I love it. The firmware needed to be updated. I've done that; and I've sucessfully configured iRadio and Music Server. It's amazing and I'm very happy (I even got it to stream wirelessly through my house without any playback problems). Thanks to again to everyone (especially: Oligos, CJOnkyo, OnkyoFreak, MrSpork, ebirbal and numerous others I'm forgetting about! Thanks again!)

Justin
post #347 of 442 Old 11-03-2006, 01:01 AM

Given the immense amount of interest on the internet radio functionality, I was wondering if we could set up a collaborative effort to develop a solution for being able to tune in to internet radio stations. To outline what we want...

1. Ability to tune to the stations listed at xiva-net.com
2. Ability to add your own radio stations to this list
3. Do so with minimal effort from end users point of view.

There are quiet a few solutions that come to mind... none of which is "ideal". You are already aware of a couple of options discussed on this forum.

In order to accomplish 1 and 2 above, we will need a publicly available web application that mimics Xiva's service. I have already developed a web application that does this. It uses that same protocol that Xiva does, and so is compatible with the nettune capable receivers. What we need is to make the receiver tune in to the new service. I can think of these solutions...

A. Use a custom DNS server. Mr Spork and myself have tried this with some success. What we did was, we developed a custom DNS server that resolves xiva-net.com not to the IP of xiva-net.com, but to an IP address hosting our own web application. From the end-users point of view, all one has to do is modify the settings for DNS server on the amp.
Pros:
1. Absolutely minimal effort from the user's point of view. (no need for any proxy or having a computer running). All one has to do is set the DNS server settings on the amp, so that it points to the IP address of the DNS server we developed.
Cons:
1. The DNS server needs to be publicly accessible, and be available at all times. Also, this has to happen on somebodys private computer/network as no DNS provider is going to allow configuring a DNS record for a domain we don't own (xiva-net.com)
2. We also need to set up a public site with the name "xiva-net.com" so that the DNS in 1 above can resolve to it. This has the potential to attract legal action. B. Use a proxy like the one developed by Oligos. This proxy can be modified such that, all requests to Xiva are intercepted and redirected to whatever site we set up.
Pros:
1. Easily add/remove whatever stations we want - including those already listed at Xiva.
2. Immense scope for customization. (play stations listed locally, obey some commands, possibly even transcode other file formats on the fly)
3. No legal hassels.
Cons:
2. You need the proxy/computer running while playing internet radio A quick modification to the proxy developed by Oligos and we can actually have a working prototype ready in no time.

C. Patch the firmware files so that it no longer goes to xiva-net.com, but to whatever site we patch it to.
Pros:
1 no need for a PC running the proxy
Cons:
1. Need to patch any future firmware updates
2. Risk of potentially bricking the receiver while trying to flash with the patched firmware. Personally, I vote for option B. Whats the opinion of the members on this forum ?
post #348 of 442 Old 11-05-2006, 07:08 AM

Hello,
The history why I made NetTuneProxy : it's because I wasn't satisfied at all with the content of xiva-net. I did not want to hear from any station they provide, they were too bad quality (I didn't check recently). It's a shame that Onkyo provides such low-fi radio. My personal politics is (for music listening), no radio under 128kbps (mp3), exceptionally I go down to 96kbps if I really want that radio. That's why I decided to totaly bypass the xiva-net list. I mostly agree with CJOnkyo here.

But it seems there is an interest on mixing the xiva radio list with the iRadio list.
Problem : I have no availability to work on it at the moment, and I'd be much much more motivated to work on a plugin that allow the receiver to read any file format (point B.2 of ebirbal) (I think of free lossless formats, ogg and AAC+), it's a great feature missing IMO...

ebirbal : I vote B, C is much too risky, and A has hosting constraints.

For option B, I don't think it will be so easy to mix the iRadio list with the xiva one, but it's possible (everything is possible ). If you feel like doing the modification I let you do.

Oligo
post #349 of 442 Old 11-07-2006, 04:19 PM

I like the idea of NetTune Proxy so I'm leaning more toward option B. But I was thinking, would this be possible to include in the next build/release of NetTune Proxy:

1) Once a day (or more frequent if specified by the user), the NetTune proxy querries Xiva and gets the full list of "supported" stations (i.e. reads all the xml information).

2) Once it has the latest station list from Xiva, it automatically updates the iRadio.txt so that it combines the Xiva stations and your custom stations.

How hard would it be to do this? I honestly don't know. I have no experience in programming in xml or in java.

Just my $.02 worth.

Justin
post #350 of 442 Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post

I might want to read the whole thread before responding, but...

I've been talking about and thinking about and just not "doin' it" on a project that could be java based. I wanted to create a generic media server that supported a plug-in architecture so that the streamer could support any device as long as there was a plug in for that. The configuration files for the different players would include supported formats so that unsupported formats could be supported with on the fly transcoding. Let the PC do all the work, for audio the simpliest support would be do convert almost everything to PCM and stream that. You only have to do a decode to get audio out to any device in PCM. Anyway the plug in would just need to handle the communication and the streamer would handle the conversios and lists and what not.

Currently I've got the folowing server software running on my media server:
DVArchive (replayTV)
JavaHMO (tivo)
Net-Tunes (Onkyo)
Kenwood's Media Server (kenwood)
and one other that I'm spacing on at the moment... but I'd like to have Toshiba's networked DVD recorder as part of my setup! =)

Anyway that's a lot of apps that all do the exact same thing, so I'd like to consolidate them.

You could even support any streaming from any source just real-time decoded to a PCM stream that the streamer sends as a shoutcast stream or whatever. It's all sounds so simple...

I'm not a good java programmer or any OOP. I'm an embedded software guy with the skills on the low level stuff. THe only thing keeping me from doing this is that I've been mr. mom for the last few years and almost all my free time is spent on the kids. I'd like to get a push to work on a project like this, and I'm willing to work with others!!!

Wouldn't it be great for your net-tunes receiver to be able to play any auido format local or streamed that the PC can decode? I had thought this would be something in the works after looking at the configuration files for nettunes, but that's still not something that's happened. I hear net-tunes is a high priority with onkyo japan, but it doesn't really look like that's true.

I haven't been around in a while (young kids taking up the free time) I thought I'd bring up this idea again.

With the recent progress made with "fixing" the net radio stations I'm curious if anyone knows of or is interested in working on what I described earlier? I'm willing to do grunt work....
post #351 of 442 Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM

I'd pretty much given up on the iRadio on my txnr-801. One could technically say it worked until this summer, but that was a big stretch. I upgraded the firmware to 1.0.0.3 a couple months ago, didn't seem to do anything. So I'd pretty much given up on the whole thing and forgot about it until last night, when I just happened to check into this thread again.

I checked out the international onkyo site and the updates there. I downloaded the 2.0.0.3 firmware and did a fair amount of pondering on whether or not to install it. After reading posts by some of our non-us friends that have installed it successfully, (and a couple of beers, lol) I decided to give it a go. Wasn't really in the mood to record all of my settings and re-enter them again, but what the hey.

Hokey-smokes.

The ProLogic IIx is a gotta have item. I am amazed at having 7.1 outside of THX movies. The update adds a 'game' feature to the list of surround choices. I haven't played around much with that yet, but I did watch a portion of an HBO movie last night. The IIx movie mode to me sounds a bit too center-heavy, but the ambience of the stereo rears is notable. Also, keep in mind that was off a lowly cable box.

The biggest joy I've found so far is the IIx music mode. Streaming 128kbps mp3 through this mode gives an ambience (understand I'm not implying sound quality) akin to what I get when playing dvd-audio/sacd/dts disks, but with a far greater 'width' due to the left and right surrounds doing their thing.

So for the time being, I'll use the onk more for listening to music. I'd basically relegated it to movies and dvd-audio listening, but I don't watch many movies, and how many times can you listen to the same 30 multichannel disks?

Now I can cheat and listen to my mp3's and get even more upset that there isn't much available in the multichannel music department.

Another interesting thing with the firmware update, the iRadio now works like a rockstar. All of the 30 or so sites I checked out were operational, but I'm not going to hold my breath that they will in the future.

Thanks for all the info, you guys are great.
Darren
post #352 of 442 Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 PM

My .02 is to go with Option B as well. Lots of potential there. I think before anyone starts to go off an work on something we should get a solid list of requirements and build this with a little control. Instead of trying to please everyone instantly, let's build in stages. Heck, it would be nice if we had access to the asian market stuff, which allows streaming of pictures and video off your PC. Ah well... once Vista Ultimate gets on enough PCs with XBox 360 (or other) media extenders, this will quickly be a moot point. Now *that* would be a cool firmware update for Onkyo to do. Turn our Linux-based receivers into Media Center extenders... heh.

On another note... anyone know of the NR-900 will ever be able to load the Prologic IIx firmware? I was told by the Onkyo support (in NJ) that it required some hardware or something but I've gotten bad information so much from them that I don't give them much creedence anymore The whole point of firmware updates was to be able to keep up with the latest surround decoding methodologies. Seems like a perfect example... and I'd hate to have to upgrade to an NR-1000
post #353 of 442 Old 11-09-2006, 01:56 PM

After reading dubldare's post, I have a question. I have an Onkyo Tx-NR901 model (US Version). Should I apply the ProLogic IIx update to it? I already did the other firmware update (v1.0.0.3). Thanks for any advice. I don't want to ruin my amp by applying a firmware that wasn't designed for it.

Justin
post #354 of 442 Old 11-10-2006, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Am having difficulties getting my TX-NR801 to connect to my new network setup. Can anyone help? I currently have a Linksys WRT54G attached to my computer & cable modem. I have a Linksys game adapter (WGA54G) attached to the receiver. Previously I had the router connected directly to the receiver and the game adapter connected to the computer and was running my cable modem directly to my computer on a 2nd ethernet adapter. I recently got a laptop though and found I couldn't get the internet connection sharing to work via the game adapter (attached to the computer). Nonetheless the TX-NR801/computer were communicating and working fine with that setup, just no internet on the wireless network. Now I have changed things around to the above mentioned setup, internet is working great over the wireless network, but the damm receiver can't seem to connect. I've played with manually inputting an IP address and gateway to match my router, but no joy. Furthermore when i set the receiver to DHCP on, it gets one of these 169.xxx adresses which I know means its not seeing the network. The final test i used was to connect the laptop to the game adapter (unplugging the cable from the receiver) and disabling the wireless adapter on the laptop to test the game adapter. The laptop gets an ip address on the network immediately and works fine, connects to the internet, etc, so I know the problem isn't with the game adapter. I'm at my wits end here, any help would be appreciated!
post #355 of 442 Old 11-11-2006, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
ok so ignore the above... it seams the Linksys Game Adapter simply won't work with receiver/nettune, i changed to whats basically a wireless bridge ('buffalo' brand 'ethernet converter' in this case) and it all works now. hopefully this information is useful to people.
post #356 of 442 Old 11-12-2006, 10:59 AM

I was able to crack the serial number issue at the intl site based on someones eralier advice in this forum (used random 3 digits, 187 I think followed by 00000001, whihc worked after a few tries) . Upgraded to F/W 2.0.0.3 from The PLIIx is great. Radio seems the same as 1.0.0.3, tuning in to stations seems a little slower than before.

I also installed Net Tune Central. However it took hours to for Windows Media player 10 to recognize the music even though I pointed it to a specific folder were I have all my music. This was in startk contrast to what I expeience on my laptop earlier where I had copied all my music files and used Media Player 10. Finally I tried using it and was able to see all albums and play music. However it did not pick up Playlists I had reated. The reception was intermittent as there seemed to be delays (I am using a wireless bridge). I gave up and reverted back to NetTune 2.0 where I do not experience these problems. The Playlist editore here is crude but at least it seems to work and reception is great.
post #357 of 442 Old 11-13-2006, 08:50 AM

indianelvis,
What amp do you have? It sounds like you have an US version. Is that true? I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade my amp (tx-nr901) to firmware 2.0.0.3 (i.e. PLIIx; See post above). Thanks for any advice.

Justin
post #358 of 442 Old 11-14-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheryoko View Post

indianelvis,
What amp do you have? It sounds like you have an US version. Is that true? I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade my amp (tx-nr901) to firmware 2.0.0.3 (i.e. PLIIx; See post above). Thanks for any advice.

Justin

Yes I have a TX-NR801. DEFINETLY UPGRADE TO 2.0.0.3 but I'm not too keen on the Net Tune Integrated stick with Net Tune 2.0 (from the US site)
post #359 of 442 Old 11-25-2006, 04:36 PM

weatheryoko,

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you were asking whether to upgrade your Tx-NR901(US) with firmware 2.00.03+ProLogic IIx or just plain 2.00.03/(no ProLogic IIx).

I first upgraded my Tx-NR801(US) with 2.00.03/(no ProLogic IIx) and everything worked fine. After reading some comments here about how cool ProLogic IIx was, I updated the firmware again (absent any cautious thinking) with 2.00.03+ProLogic IIx and everything still works fine (including the ProLogic IIx options).

I might be reading too much into your last posts, but hopefully this helps. Your mileage may vary.
post #360 of 442 Old 11-26-2006, 03:40 PM

Indianelvis and graycee,
Thanks to both of you for taking time and answering my questions. I upgraded my Firmware on my 901 to 2.00.03 w/PLIIx late last week. Everything seems to be working just fine. Thanks again for the advice.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page