AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/)
-   -   Onkyo/Integra Net-Tune Users (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/413499-onkyo-integra-net-tune-users.html)

deepblu 03-30-2008 10:02 PM

Three

deepblu 03-30-2008 10:10 PM

Try this

The download file contains a .pdf installation sheet that gives direction on the fw upgrade and also shows how to check the fw version (page 6).

deepblu 04-09-2008 11:03 AM

I've successfully downloaded and installed Net-Tune v3.1.
The interface is of course Japanese but can be changed easily enough by the language value in NCentral.ini - Language=2 (english).
As far as functionality is concerned - the audio portion seems unchanged (wma,mp3,wav).
Still won't play wma 9.2 lossless - drat.

This software release is obviously not intended for my TX-NR801 as the Video and Photo tabs are enabled.
My reciever ignores these choices.

markmmc098 04-29-2008 05:43 PM

Where can I get the new version? I think its 3.1.

Will this solve some of my issues with the proper order of albums? (Nettune puts multi CD albums in a weird order even if I retag them in the library - this is a real proplem with a concept album like The Wall or JC Superstar) I hope it has better luck with play lists too. I lobe my 901, but with 10, 000 mp3s I need good software to organize and play it.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Mark

uapf3 05-30-2008 05:43 AM

Deepblu,

I haven't been around the forum for a while. I noticed that you said you downloaded a Japanese version of Nettune central v3.1. I also see that 3.3 is around. With the english version, I can't play songs with Japanese language in the titles. Does 3.1 solve this problem?

BTW Markmmc098, if you google Net-tune Central version 3.1 or 3.3 you will find places, but you will need to be able to read Japanese, or at least know someone who does, or just take a punt!

Cheers
uapf3

kereon 07-06-2008 05:22 AM

Hello all,

I found the Net-Tune central 3.3 here :

w w w . fmworld . net / download / E1001439 / E1001439 . exe
(del the spaces)

If you want to test.

Bye

oddtodd 08-26-2008 06:15 PM

Does anyone know anything about V Tuner Onkyo internet radio tuning service. It's for their new receivers

cao73 11-26-2008 10:21 PM

Guys,
I'm own a TX-NR801, and although a bit old, I think it has quite a few life years left in it. I have upgraded to the latest firmware and enjoy my mp3 collection through a wireless collection. Also, thanks to a previous post on this site, I enjoy internet radio. However, I was wondering if someone has been able to connect the receiver to such sites as Pandora or Lastfm. If anyone has experimented with this, please share !! ...

gerick 02-13-2009 01:50 PM

Has anybody tried running the net-tunes (standalone, not the integrated) server software on a WHS machine?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...r/default.mspx

erowid 03-19-2009 09:31 PM

Hi Everyone
this post has been very helpful and I am very close to setting up Net-Tune Central 2 on a VISTA machine and TX-NR801.

I have finally installed my TX-NR801 on a network, and the Current status is: I can ping my receiver but it wont show up on the Nettune window. I have tried eveything from rebooting, resetting my router (not wireless), turning off the firewall, but nothing works.... anyone got any suggestions, I would be totally grateful.

Whats even more strange is that i have another PC running XP on the network. I have installed Net Tune on that and now I can see all 3 (xp, vista, tx-nr801) on both the Net Tune windows. but can only play songs from the XP machine. any ideas anyone?

why is Net Tune central 2 working on XP and not on Vista? why O why? *sob*

rocket91fm 08-08-2009 10:18 AM

Does anyone know if the XiVA Internet radio server is completely down? I can no longer access any of the radio streams. I can not even access the Genre/Location/Language lists. It displays "No List".

dukkar 10-08-2009 06:39 AM

Components I own:
1. Onkyo TX-NR901
2. Windows Vista Laptop with MP3s
3. Wireless internet connection (Linksys router and Cable Modem)

I know where to get the firmware and net-tune s/w from. But I want to know if the following set-up is possible.

I only want to play MP3s on my laptop through the receiver using Net-Tune. So, if I install Net-tune on my laptop, install the firmware update on my Onkyo TX-NR901 and connect the two with an ethernet cable, can I play MP3s on my laptop through the receiver using Net-Tune? I don't know why I would need to use the wireless internet connection at all.

Thanks,
D

gerick 10-09-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukkar View Post

Components I own:
1. Onkyo TX-NR901
2. Windows Vista Laptop with MP3s
3. Wireless internet connection (Linksys router and Cable Modem)

I know where to get the firmware and net-tune s/w from. But I want to know if the following set-up is possible.

I only want to play MP3s on my laptop through the receiver using Net-Tune. So, if I install Net-tune on my laptop, install the firmware update on my Onkyo TX-NR901 and connect the two with an ethernet cable, can I play MP3s on my laptop through the receiver using Net-Tune? I don't know why I would need to use the wireless internet connection at all.

Thanks,
D

The only issue I see is that you probably need to use a crossover cable to connect the laptop directly to the receiver without any hub or switch.

laskamp 11-02-2009 01:04 PM

Does anyone have NTC2I working with the TX-NR801?

Here's where I've been with this:
  • I've had NTC2 successfully running for a while
  • I've upgraded the TX-NR801 FW to 02.00.03
  • After upgrading the FM, NTC2 still runs successfully
  • But, if I install NTC2I on my PC, the TX-NR801 displays "disconnected" (although I can still ping the TX-NR801)
  • When I open WMP12, click tools/plug-ins, I see the NetTuneLibWatch Plugin (and it is checked), but when I click "Play to", it displays "No Media Devices Found"
I spoke to Onkyo support and they told me that NTC2I is not supported for the TX-NR801. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated.

petersk 12-01-2009 07:59 PM

I'm now able to find the time to run my receiver and NT 2 using my packet-sniffer. I'm trying to map the protocol.

One interesting thing is that the receiver apparently makes an HTTP/1.1 to 239.255.255.250 and identifies itself as running linux/2.4.16 UPnP/1.0 Onkyo-NetworkAudioPlay /1.0.

Another interesting thing is the it shows it's location as:
http:///audioDeviceDesc.xml

Which, when I go to it, it gives an error 404, and seems to be running a web server made by this site:
http :// www . acme . com / software / thttpd/

I'll let you guys know as I find out more. It would seem that if Onkyo is using linux, they might be in violation of the GPL.

gerick 12-04-2009 06:41 PM

petersk,
This is very interesting information. With detailed packet analysis could someone come up with a way to get a standard (DLNA?) music server like twonky to be recognized by the Onkyo? Maybe some kind of plug-in or proxy?

shezwhitey 12-14-2009 09:39 AM

Anybody get this working with Windows 7? I know it just came out a few months ago but any new computer you buy will probably have Windows 7 on it. Just curious.

shez

deepblu 12-27-2009 04:42 PM

Hi shezwhitey,

I am running Windows 7 Pro and have (knock wood) no problems with the Net-Tune client.

I also run Olivier's Net-Tune Proxy without a hitch.

The Proxy server is great because it allows me to use Squeezebox server with MIP/Sugarcube to serve up mix songs based on a seed selection from my library.
The only drawback is that Squeezebox server transcodes my lossless tracks to MP3 @320Kbps, so a slight loss of information. Small price to pay considering the added value to my TX-NR801.

Thanks Oliver, your efforts are well appreciated here.

Cheers!
d_b

jareskog 04-26-2010 08:26 AM

I have tried to get the 02.00.03 firmware and the Net-Tune 2 Integrated client from the International website for my TX-NR801, but my U.S. serial does not work. My serial is the 23X0000000 variant. I have tried several hundred versions of my serial to no avail. U.S. Onkyo support is useless and will not give/does not have access to the international site. Would it be possible to send me the two of them? I would greatly appreciate it. Private message me if you able to help out. Thanks.

ILv2Xlr8 11-22-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezwhitey View Post

Anybody get this working with Windows 7? I know it just came out a few months ago but any new computer you buy will probably have Windows 7 on it. Just curious.

shez

I have not had any luck with Window 7 64 getting the NTC v2 client running. I get an install error.

Anyone have any tips or tricks?

bctaksa 04-10-2014 04:45 AM

Anyone find a solution to installing NTC2 on a Windows 7 64bit (Home Premium) machine?

bctaksa 04-11-2014 12:38 PM

Got NTC2 to work on a Windows 7 64bit (Home Premium) machine... just needed to reboot and install direct from the zip file.