LG 65EC9700 OLED Owners Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1196Likes

post #601 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7378 Post(s)
Liked: 8256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desk. View Post
Actually, what I meant was that, if the set in the review and the one pres2play saw were one and the same, are the issues highlighted in the review perhaps being overstated?

Like I say, I seem to recall pres2play saying that the assembled group struggled to find problems with the one he photographed, although I may be wrong.

Desk
No, you are correct. I heard the same story directly from Robert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
The previous reviewer who found that color was excellent out-of-the box without the need to adjust the CMS was met with an appropriate dose of healthy skepticism that the set he received was likely an LG hand picked set. It seems that the VE set evaluated in the first impressions piece by HDTV was one that came out of inventory and was due to be shipped to a customer. This following quote from that article seems to suggest that the color really is as good as the original trustedreviews reviewer claimed:

"On the charts, color accuracy measured brilliantly after only a 2-point grayscale adjustment, and attempting to use the [Color Management] controls only served to create non-linearities in the x,y coordinates of the colors at less saturated levels. Accordingly, we left the CMS controls alone and had no complaints with regard to color."
-http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/65ec9700-201501193990.htm

To me this is better news than the NR fix given that the color would have to be good if the CMS controls are to remain somewhat broken.
post #603 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 12:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flauschibüsi View Post
Yes US Dollars. It's 4699 CHF. Swiss Franc and US Dollar is almost 1:1. So ~4700$.

And @sandman8989 : It's a bit weird that nobody has a date but LG confirms to you it will be march?!
Just noticed that digitec are now showing in stock (more expensive than other Swiss sites though)!

digitec.ch/en/s1/product/lg-65ec970v-65-4k-oled-tv-3d-smarttv-nfc-infintecontrast-superslim-design-televisions-2759453?tagIds=538

Of course since two days ago the Swiss franc is not the great deal it was either...

Not showing as in stock yet at PCP (pcp.ch/LG-65EC970V-1a18550896.htm) or azone (azone.ch/lg-65ec970v.html)

This site says the 27th of January (highdefinition.ch/product/Consumer-Electroncis/TV-LED-LCD/65-inches/Lg/Lg-65EC970V-OLED-UHD-4K/922404.html)

CHF 4490 here: digifuchs.ch/index.php?advised_product=20079

Last edited by buffalox; 01-19-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Everyone had Sept for the 65EC9700, so they where good and late. Everyone's projection was off due to miss information. Of course with these set backs no one knows up front, including our self's over here. Supply is still super low and constraint on the 65". There are not many floating around the US compared to lets say the 55EC9300.
So, how they shall fulfill all the orders before 2015 are out
post #605 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 6795
post #606 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 49
David Mackenzie's quick look blog January 19, 2015

Would welcome supplemental comments from owners and industry folks regarding 65" 2014 LG 4k OLED as following hyperlink is David Mackenzie's blog of January 19, 2015 a quick look write-up:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/65ec9...1501193990.htm

ChaosCloud and filmoreXXX like this.
post #607 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 249
After reading this, I modified picture settings and got even better results. These reviewers know what they are talking about in these first impressions.

Last edited by Sebring5; 01-19-2015 at 06:58 PM.
post #608 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionanimal View Post
Would welcome supplemental comments from owners and industry folks regarding 65" 2014 LG 4k OLED as following hyperlink is David Mackenzie's blog of January 19, 2015 a quick look write-up:

Sounds like processing is much the same as 9300 with broken calibration controls.

The more recent 930v review they did, noted similar accurate colour without touching CMS. HDTVtest 930V review So no real improvement there.

DNR off is great news, not just for this display but all LG OLEDs moving forward.

Surely as the 9700 runs Web OS 1.0 they could firmware update the 9300 to remove it. Come on LG! It's not too late!

I'm most interested to see if uniformity QC is improved as more displays hit the market. So far it seems like an improvement over the green/magenta tint that plague the 9300. Another good sign for the 2015 models. But I think it's a little early to be sure that QC issues are gone, David notes a blue tint on top left in his first impressions and didn't make that much more of the uniformity in his 9300 review....

I wonder if they've used a different coating? The early signs are good at least.

All in all, a bigger, higher resolution 9300, with less tint and no DNR. Sounds like a winner to me.

Let's hope the 2015 models fix the black crush at the edges of the screen, and give simple, working calibration control.

If they do, I might be looking at that flat 55 a little sooner than I thought!

I've told myself to be patient though, and wait until after UHD BD hits the market and HDR specs etc all settles into place.

No rush to upgrade until the content (UHD HDR mastered film) is widely available.
post #609 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
And that's it in a nutshell. Many times reviewers like David (he's very thorough, to say the least, as the result of the work he does) sees things that many videophiles, myself included, simply don't see. I never saw evidence of DNR with actual content, never. When I saw how greatly enlarged the pictures were that showed DNR, I realized that in 'real life' this simply wasn't an issue that most would see at viewing distances. Should it have been there? No. Would it have been noticed by most viewers if it had not been discussed so heavily? I seriously doubt it. But that's done, thank God.

So yes, I'd bet the highlighted issues are relatively minor and would not be seen for the overwhelming majority of people and material. Even McKenzie said "We had a look at Sin City in a light-controlled theater environment, and were incredibly impressed by the glossy, rich, contrasty image."

I think, after we put our calibration equipment away and simply watch content (isn't that inevitably what we do?), and stop micro analyzing the picture, you simply get engulfed by the beauty of the image.
Wow, you are truly a firm supporter of LG OLED or OLED in general perhaps. When an "inexperienced" owner like me reported some issues of the 65 oled, you pretty much attributed them as user errors, inappropriate calibrated settings, camera issues, hidden agenda. Now with David's similar findings, he just saw things even many videophiles don't see??!!
I know you don't have a oled yet (let alone 65EC9700), but no, that doesn't mean that you can not make comments on it. However, vigorously support positive comments and disregard or minimize issues of a set you don't even own, I don't know what to call that. As a scientist myself, it is simply not a "scientific approach".
Wizziwig, fafrd, qwknuf6 and 3 others like this.
post #610 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1777 Post(s)
Liked: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullybob View Post
Surely as the 9700 runs Web OS 1.0 they could firmware update the 9300 to remove it. Come on LG! It's not too late!
The problem of course is that the DNR control likely isn't in WebOS but rather in the TV's device-specific firmware.
post #611 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 09:26 PM

Jh87, I am not 'ignoring' nor 'minimizing' what you see, but rather taking everything I read (owners reports, pro reviews etc.) and have seen myself, both at the retail level and at CES, and putting it into context.

Virtually every professional review I've read says the same thing, best picture they've ever seen. This mirrors what I've seen too. Does that mean the picture is perfect? No. Does that mean that some flaws may exist? Yes.

Flaws exist with every display in every tech and will continue to exist with OLED, HDR, Rec2020, you name it. But with that said, we take the flaws and put them in the context of the total picture. It's that picture that I and many others think is the best ever.

If you don't agree, I'm sorry for you as an owner. I really don't know what else to say. But it won't change what I've seen nor does it change my opinion of the OLED technology. If I said anything different, I'd be disingenuous. If that somehow offends you, I'm sorry.

Oh, and I've been in the sciences much of my life too and I do believe I've used a scientific approach in my overall assessment.
post #612 of 1475 Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ma View Post
[FONT=Arial]

The picture on this TV is unbelievable!

Hows screen uniformity? And is it noticeable on any content?
post #613 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
No, you are correct. I heard the same story directly from Robert.
No, that's not correct. We pointed out the uniformity issues at the time. The source of the discrepancy might be me saying I had seen EC9700s with worse uniformity.

Quote:
I seem to recall pres stating that guys including reviewer David Mackenzie were present, and that they struggled to find any problems with the set. Kinda makes me wonder how much of a relative problem these highlighted issues might be.
(Emphasis mine): you've been misinformed. During the brief look we had, we expressed delight at how well the blacks held up in the bright (sunny day) showroom setting, and also took a look at the low-level uniformity, which I felt was better on this unit than the others that I've seen. We also discussed how great it was that LG did away with the NR problem. We also looked at some UHD content from USB stick that was originally designed for LG's UHD IPS LCD TVs, which looked excellent.

To say that I struggled to find any problems is completely incorrect, however.

Keep in mind the pictures are from a bright showroom setting. For the HDTVtest article, Wendy and Robert helpfully had the display set up in dark conditions so we could appreciate the dark room characteristics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross
I'm also surprised that David didn't attempt a calibration along the lines that were suggested by Chad B.
Time constraints. Trust me, doing a 20pt calibration on this thing with the menus the way they are is not a quick or painless procedure!

"Notice: these panels are in such short supply that we have had to publish this article as a more lightweight “first impressions” piece. The reason? Our friends at Value Electronics in Scarsdale, NY have a huge backlog of orders, and every 65EC9700 that comes in is en route to a paying (and waiting!) customer. We were able to assess this particular unit only thanks to a particularly patient buyer. The level of anticipation for this display is so high that we decided to publish in this format and update the review with fully-fledged conclusions later, rather than keep readers waiting."

Quote:
It definitely seems that HDTV TV are being exhaustive in pursuing any weaknesses in the OLED sets. And while it's great to see that the complaining has secured an about turn on the forced DNR, I just hope that they don't do too much damage to the sets' reputation in the process.
I take that as a comment on the future of OLED, rather than a preference for any specific display? You and me both.

However, no concessions are given on those grounds. The phrase "don't shoot the messenger" is worth repeating here (although I don't see why - the news of improvements is positive and it's clear LG are listening and improving).

David Mackenzie
Blu-ray Disc (and DVD) Compressionist/Author
US Correspondent & Tech Consultant, HDTVtest
ISF Certified Calibrator (Level 2) / THX Certified Professional (Video Calibration Level 2)

Last edited by lyris; 01-20-2015 at 12:48 AM.
post #614 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyris View Post
To say that I struggled to find any problems is completely incorrect, however.
Oh, trust me, David - after reading your article, I believe you completely on that. My issue is that problem-finding seems to be the focus of an article that reads more like a critique than a review, paying only lip-service to the strengths of the OLED TV.

Your piece comes in at just under 2500 words, and of those I'd struggle to find more than 50 to 100 that amount to anything approaching a compliment, and much of that backhanded or giving with one hand while taking away with the other. Otherwise, it's littered with negative expressions.

How does the TV rate compared to other sets available on the market today; the best LEDs? There's no mention. Instead, the recommendation at the end not to buy is directed at existing plasma owners, which I find rather telling.

By all means, take no prisoners and make no concessions when it comes to your critical analysis of this TV - LG's decision to drop enforced DNR is very welcome. It's just rather odd that a TV which is being hailed elsewhere as one of the best ever made would, to the uninitiated reading your article, appear largely flawed, with apparently very little to recommend it, and in fact come with the advice not to buy.

Desk
Ken Ross, albsky, agkss and 1 others like this.
post #615 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Time constraints. Trust me, doing a 20pt calibration on this thing with the menus the way they are is not a quick or painless procedure!
And David, if you read my entire post, I did say "I suspect David didn't have enough time for that exhaustive procedure given that these sets were pre-sold and owners were waiting."

As for the uniformity issues, I suspect Robert didn't see them to be of quite the severity you did. Not saying you claimed it was 'severe', just that the two of you may have seen it differently. It happens.
post #616 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desk. View Post
Oh, trust me, David - after reading your article, I believe you completely on that. My issue is that problem-finding seems to be the focus of an article that reads more like a critique than a review, paying only lip-service to the strengths of the OLED TV.

Your piece comes in at just under 2500 words, and of those I'd struggle to find more than 50 to 100 that amount to anything approaching a compliment, and much of that backhanded or giving with one hand while taking away with the other. Otherwise, it's littered with negative expressions.

How does the TV rate compared to other sets available on the market today; the best LEDs? There's no mention. Instead, the recommendation at the end not to buy is directed at existing plasma owners, which I find rather telling.

By all means, take no prisoners and make no concessions when it comes to your critical analysis of this TV - LG's decision to drop enforced DNR is very welcome. It's just rather odd that a TV which is being hailed elsewhere as one of the best ever made would, to the uninitiated reading your article, appear largely flawed, with apparently very little to recommend it, and in fact come with the advice not to buy.

Desk
I'll call this the 'post of the month'.

That is precisely the problem I have with David's review too. It's fine to uncover issues and get manufacturers to address them, but it's an entirely different thing to make that the thrust of the review. I don't see 'fair & balanced' here. As Desk mentioned, the 'recommendation' to existing plasma owners says it all.

Interestingly, the actual plasma owners that have made the switch to OLED, don't seem to agree with that recommendation.
oni222 likes this.
post #617 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
^ I've been at many of their shootout's and I think, despite some minor mistakes that were made here and there, they're conducted with the most honorable of intentions.

The pictures that Pres2Play posted (great job Pres2Play), along with his observations, pretty much did substantiate the statement 'we found some/slight/minor...but in real life content, you are not going to notice it'.

So I see nothing nefarious if that's the conclusion that's arrived at. With the attendees present, if that statement is not true, they'll look pretty silly making it.

Yes, Robert is a salesman, but he's also the most honorable sales guy I've met. Having dealt with him for many years, I consider him a friend too.

Most importantly, just like many of us, he has a passion for the best PQ attainable.
the plot thickens

Oh , and by the way , here is a former LG OLED owner who went back to his plasma
post #618 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 07:08 AM

This is an owners thread. Can you guys take all this crap somewhere else? Where are moderators when you need them. This thread is way off topic. Do any of the posters actually own a set or are seriously looking to purchase?
Lionanimal likes this.
post #619 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmoreXXX View Post
the plot thickens

Oh , and by the way , here is a former LG OLED owner who went back to his plasma
I see no 'plot thickening' at all. It's all true and whatever 'sinister' motivation you ascribe to in your bolded type, is all in your mind.

I've looked at many panels over the years with Robert and we've generally (there have been exceptions) come to the same conclusion as to the pros & cons for many of the techs.
post #620 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring5 View Post
After reading this, I modified picture settings and got even better results. These reviewers know what they are talking about in these first impressions.
Which sets did you modify, from what to what? I am still experimenting, so any updated info is great.

Another question which might border on the stupid. I upgraded my Pioneer receiver from the sc71 to sc81 for the hdmi 2 capability. I have the hdmi cable (all mentioned are high speed)
from my Tivo box into the Sat/Cbl input( labled by Pioneer as a "level 1, for 4K/60P 4:4:4 24bit) and the output cable going into the hdmi 3 input on the panel(labeled "suitable for UHD video, ect.) The resolution setting for the Sat input on the receiver is set to 4K.
So, since both of these units claim upscaling ability, am I in fact upscaling? Because neither unit has a specific setting for this. Is it automatic, if you connect the tivo to the receiver and on to the panel this way? Just wondering, trying to get the most out of the two units abilities.
Thanks for any help with this.

Last edited by good2me; 01-20-2015 at 08:22 AM.
post #621 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Any word yet on when Roberts going to have the shootout with calibrated version of the 65?
Desk. and oni222 like this.

Matt
post #622 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
This is an owners thread. Can you guys take all this crap somewhere else? Where are moderators when you need them. This thread is way off topic. Do any of the posters actually own a set or are seriously looking to purchase?
Maybe you can start a non-owners thread and make them post over there. Of course, as an owner you could not post there to start it. Quite the paradox.
valvaholic and oni222 like this.
post #623 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2me View Post
Quote:
Which sets did you modify, from what to what? I am still experimenting, so any updated info is great.

Another question which might border on the stupid. I upgraded my Pioneer receiver from the sc71 to sc81 for the hdmi 2 capability. I have the hdmi cable (all mentioned are high speed)
from my Tivo box into the Sat/Cbl input( labled by Pioneer as a "level 1, for 4K/60P 4:4:4 24bit) and the output cable going into the hdmi 3 input on the panel(labeled "suitable for UHD video, ect.) The resolution setting for the Sat input on the receiver is set to 4K.
So, since both of these units claim upscaling ability, am I in fact upscaling? Because neither unit has a specific setting for this. Is it automatic, if you connect the tivo to the receiver and on to the panel this way? Just wondering, trying to get the most out of the two units abilities.
Thanks for any help with this.
Changed vertical and horizontal sharpness from 0 to 30. Black level from low to high. Turned edge enhancer on. Changed super resolution from off to high. Turned all noise reducers to either high or auto if available. Changed gamma from 2.2 to 2.4. Changed color gamet from standard to wide. Changed dynamic corrector from off to high. Changed input from 4k to 1080p for chroma input in HDMI 3. My player will only support chroma with 1080p output. Interesting results. Like you, I am still experimenting although I've had OLED at 100, contast at 100, brightness at 50 and tint at zero for quite a while.
oni222 likes this.
post #624 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
My issue is that problem-finding seems to be the focus of an article that reads more like a critique than a review,
Quote:
That is precisely the problem I have with David's review too. It's fine to uncover issues and get manufacturers to address them, but it's an entirely different thing to make that the thrust of the review.
Again, it's not a review. It's a first impressions article.

Re addressing PDP owners at the end: the-last gen plasmas are still the best displays around, so I think a comparison is in order.

In comparison to LCD, surely that would come under your "backhanded compliment" category? As the next-gen display tech, I expect OLED to be a lot better than LCD. Right now, LG's product is delivering the OLED promise in some areas but has problems in others. To ignore this would not be fair and balanced, and neither would making sensationalist claims that focus on MLL and nothing else.

Still, I'm optimistic. Like I said, it's an improvement on what we had before and the 2015 product will likely be better still.
dsinger, greenland and Turrican4D like this.

David Mackenzie
Blu-ray Disc (and DVD) Compressionist/Author
US Correspondent & Tech Consultant, HDTVtest
ISF Certified Calibrator (Level 2) / THX Certified Professional (Video Calibration Level 2)
post #625 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Re addressing PDP owners at the end: the-last gen plasmas are still the best displays around, so I think a comparison is in order.
Unless of course you think that OLED displays are the best around. Many of us do.
Quote:
In comparison to LCD, surely that would come under your "backhanded compliment" category? As the next-gen display tech, I expect OLED to be a lot better than LCD. Right now, LG's product is delivering the OLED promise in some areas but has problems in others. To ignore this would not be fair and balanced, and neither would making sensationalist claims that focus on MLL and nothing else.

Still, I'm optimistic. Like I said, it's an improvement on what we had before and the 2015 product will likely be better still.
David, we obviously disagree, but I do think someone reading your review would walk away thinking this is a display greatly compromised. That's not the case, IMO. I honestly don't think they'd get an idea of how good it actually is. You may not have meant it to read that way, but it is how it comes across.

Plasma is far from perfect, and IMO, has more comprises than OLED. LCD...well on that I suspect we can both agree.
oni222 likes this.
post #626 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Unless of course you think that OLED displays are the best around. Many of us do.

David, we obviously disagree, but I do think someone reading your review would walk away thinking this is a display greatly compromised. That's not the case, IMO. I honestly don't think they'd get an idea of how good it actually is. You may not have meant it to read that way, but it is how it comes across.

Plasma is far from perfect, and IMO, has more comprises than OLED. LCD...well on that I suspect we can both agree.
Call it "first impressions" or a quick review, but I've read it several times and find some positives, but more negatives and doubts. I am one of those top-end plasma owners who now is very confused about whether or not it is worth changing to OLED. I haven't seen the set up close and I certainly wouldn't base my decision on one report. But, I do value his opinions as a reviewer.
post #627 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 6795
^^^ LG sets have never been easy sets to calibrate, however there are other sets like that. I think that Chad B gets a kick out of stubborn TV's that challenge him. With this said, in the end, the LG OLED's turn out as they should even if the back end system would be easier to work with.
Quote:
There is just not enough stock out there to have owners out there, I bet there has been like 25, of these sold in the US to date.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-20-2015 at 01:34 PM.
post #628 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 694
Quote:

I appreciate reviewers like you who are willing to be objective instead of just tossing around vague claims such as best ever. As a Plasma owner who hopes that OLED lives up to it's promise, I want to be informed about which aspects of the technology may need some improving on. That does not mean that you informing us about them, will scare me away from OLED, but instead are making me a better informed consumer who is being alerted to some details to pay attention to when I eventually go shopping for my next tv.

Since your first impressions have lead you to feel that the last great plasma model may still have the edge over the lG OLED model, did you not see enough improvement from the OLED being "4K" compared to the Plasma being 1080P to make a difference?

I look forward to reading your full technical review, and also am optimistic about the 2015 models being improved on over the 2014 model you wrote about. Keep up the good work.
cajieboy, scowl, jh87 and 5 others like this.
post #629 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Yes my "perfect" Panasonic plasma does not go very bright, has a soft picture and floating blacks, I don't think oleds have any of these issues
oni222 likes this.
post #630 of 1475 Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 PM

Liked: 10
Changed vertical and horizontal sharpness from 0 to 30. Black level from low to high. Turned edge enhancer on. Changed super resolution from off to high. Turned all noise reducers to either high or auto if available. Changed gamma from 2.2 to 2.4. Changed color gamet from standard to wide. Changed dynamic corrector from off to high. Changed input from 4k to 1080p for chroma input in HDMI 3. My player will only support chroma with 1080p output. Interesting results. Like you, I am still experimenting although I've had OLED at 100, contast at 100, brightness at 50 and tint at zero for quite a while.

So you changed these setting for the 9300?
Would it be possible to list your entire settings so I can try them?
Regards
ED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page