LG Flat 4KOLED EF9500 Anticipation Thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 691Likes
 
Thread Tools
post #1201 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
zielin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfn11 View Post
I'm going from a 45" Panasonic Plasma to the 65" OLED, but I can wait. I don't mind the current price tag, but at the same time I know it is going to drop, and I don't see anything positive about being an early adopter for it either. So I'll just get on it in about 5-6 months from now instead.

I'm super excited but I'm not paying the extra money just to be the first with one of these.

I can't wait for all the impressions and hopefully see this in the store later this year.
45" wow... how old is that? 720p?

that will be a pretty big jump.

TV: LG OLED77C8, LG OLED77C9 | Receiver Denon X8500H | 5.1.2 with PSB speakers
HTPC: i9-7900X @ 4.7ghz, DDR4 32gigs, Intel Optane 960gb x2, Nvidia 2080 ti (SLI)
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, Tivo Bolt+, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro, Switch, Fire TV 4k
CalMan Enthusiast, SpectraCal C6-HDR, VideoForge Pro | Control: Logitech Harmony Elite
zielin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1202 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Member
 
stfn11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zielin View Post
45" wow... how old is that? 720p?

that will be a pretty big jump.
Oops. It's 46". Its the P46G10, from 2009. It was huge for the room I had to display it in. But now that I got more space, I definitely want to be using that.

I think the size difference is going to be awesome. I'm still blown away each time I visit a store and see a 65" tv. They are huge.
stfn11 is offline  
post #1203 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Member
 
kamgol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
And I thought mine was 'old'. I have a 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2020. Bought it in 2007, but it was a 2006 (floor) model.

But no worries man, kudos to you sticking with it for that long. I remember having a TV for at least 10-15 years was a common occurrence. Don't make them like they used to anymore.

I actually love my Sony and the only reason I am looking for a new tv now is the optic block on my Sony is going out again, that yellowish tint has returned.
Funny, I'm almost in the exact same boat. In my case, I have a Sony KDS-60A2000 which I bought in early 2006. I've been performing some DYI maintenance on it, but it won't last much longer. I'm hoping to stretch it to at least the holidays to get a break on the price.
kamgol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1204 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Member
 
roberthneal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by zielin View Post
45" wow... how old is that? 720p?

that will be a pretty big jump.

Will it have a better picture than my 21" Goldstar from Sears?
roberthneal is offline  
post #1205 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
If the black level of my vt50 were satisfying to me 100% of the time instead of 80%, I would never be thinking of upgrading for just the UHD and better 3D...

Chasing that 20% is a bit painful though, as always
mo949 is offline  
post #1206 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Member
 
LeahOlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-65EF9500-OLED-TV/dp/B010RX0UKY/

Its finally listed and up for pre orders. says 3 weeks till shipping. im more than anticipating it now.
LeahOlin is offline  
post #1207 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
leftyguitar1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfn11 View Post
I think the size difference is going to be awesome. I'm still blown away each time I visit a store and see a 65" tv. They are huge.
65 is big coming from your '46. But, Even 65s these days are middle of the road with so many 70, 75, 78, 80 & 90. And a 120 viz R-Series coming.

I just kicked a F8500, Pro60x5fd, F8000, Viz P50, e70c3 & M70-c3 to the curb and grabbed a EC9300. The latter will be going into the man cave at some point. If & when the 65EF9500s come down in price

This is an exciting time. And with REC2020, Dolby Vision, HDR around the bend in full force, it's only a matter of time b4 content catches up with new toys.

NFL & others should put pressure on the broadcasters to put some of their profits back into embracing and developing the new standards. I'm so sick n tired of watching crappy, over compressed 720p/1080i feeds! ARE YOU LISTENING FOX ?!?
121dj likes this.

Last edited by leftyguitar1963; 09-01-2015 at 07:48 PM.
leftyguitar1963 is offline  
post #1208 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

NFL & others should put pressure on the broadcasters to put some of their profits back into embracing and developing the new standards. I'm so sick n tired of watching crappy, over compressed 720p/1080i feeds! ARE YOU LISTENING FOX ?!?
I know in Europe they just released a 4K sports channel. North America is so behind.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
Latinoheat is offline  
post #1209 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Member
 
Myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthneal View Post
Will it have a better picture than my 21" Goldstar from Sears?
You realize that Goldstar is LG, right? Lucky GoldStar. If you have just been waiting on LG to finally release a tv worth upgrading to, I think we may be there. I'm finally going to own my first non-Sony tv (unless they they happen to have an OLED announcement that we don't know about coming up.) I wish.
scarabaeus likes this.
Myshkin is offline  
post #1210 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Member
 
roberthneal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myshkin View Post
You realize that Goldstar is LG, right? Lucky GoldStar. If you have just been waiting on LG to finally release a tv worth upgrading to, I think we may be there. I'm finally going to own my first non-Sony tv (unless they they happen to have an OLED announcement that we don't know about coming up.) I wish.

I didn't think anyone in this thread would remember that. Now if anyone can remember a 1952 Philco, you're as old as I. Used to have the neighbors over to watch Ed Sullivan's "Toast of the Town." BTW, I thought LG was "Lucky Golden."If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
roberthneal is offline  
post #1211 of 1535 Old 09-01-2015, 09:37 PM
 
sytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2104 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthneal View Post
I didn't think anyone in this thread would remember that. Now if anyone can remember a 1952 Philco, you're as old as I. Used to have the neighbors over to watch Ed Sullivan's "Toast of the Town." BTW, I thought LG was "Lucky Golden."If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
No, pretty sure it's Lucky Goldstar. I had a 19" Color Goldstar with remote growing up.
enuff likes this.
sytech is offline  
post #1212 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 04:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,407
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Lucky Goldstar it is. Read the "History" paragraph. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Corporation
JimP is offline  
post #1213 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 3,565
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 1539
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Getting back on topic. I am really excited for this 65EF9500. I found an article of a closed door demo of its HDR ability and the results are said to be spectacular. While it is only capable of 800 nit peak in a 10% window, it still offers one of the best HDR experience because of the deep blacks. Making everything pop with 3D like quality. Currently only SMPTE 2048 compatible. Don't know if their any plans for a DolbyVision version. Hopefully, they work out those yield and black banding problems and I can pick this up for $2500 in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post
Yeah, I remember reading about the EF9500 around CES and they were invited behind closed door for a confidential HDR demo.

I will try to find it.

Looks like OLED HDR and DolbyVision on the Vizio R will fight it out for HDR king.

http://flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?su...&id=1421919922

The 800 nit HDR prototype shown at CES was not the EF9500 or any panel being released this year. The panels available this year all max out at 500 nit.

See here:

"At CES 2015 LG Display showed a prototype HDR OLED TV with a claimed light output of 800 nits, a sixty percent improvement over the current generation's 500. The EF9500 does not use that brighter OLED panel; at CES LGD said it was at least a year away from hitting the market."
Wizziwig is offline  
post #1214 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
The 800 nit HDR prototype shown at CES was not the EF9500 or any panel being released this year. The panels available this year all max out at 500 nit.

That's mostly my understanding as well. However I do believe that I read somewhere (not sure), that the current (and upcoming EF) panels are actually capable of higher than 500 nits but are currently purposely constrained by the software... and that the software update to enable HDR will in fact allow for an increase in peak levels. (Not to 800 nits, but higher than 500).


Please take that with a rather large grain of salt though...I presume we will know more during IFA.
JoeyBagadonuts is offline  
post #1215 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Hobbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamgol View Post
Funny, I'm almost in the exact same boat. In my case, I have a Sony KDS-60A2000 which I bought in early 2006. I've been performing some DYI maintenance on it, but it won't last much longer. I'm hoping to stretch it to at least the holidays to get a break on the price.
Yes, I’m hoping mine can last at least a few more months, as well. Right now the yellowing covers almost the entire bottom 1/5 of the screen, but it is not very noticeable at all except when the screen is very light. Hoping it can stay that way until I am ready to purchase my replacement.

So if I may ask, what is(are) the issue(s) you are having with yours?
Hobbun is offline  
post #1216 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
BSTNFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chelmsford, MA
Posts: 627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
And I thought mine was 'old'. I have a 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2020. Bought it in 2007, but it was a 2006 (floor) model.

But no worries man, kudos to you sticking with it for that long. I remember having a TV for at least 10-15 years was a common occurrence. Don't make them like they used to anymore.

I actually love my Sony and the only reason I am looking for a new tv now is the optic block on my Sony is going out again, that yellowish tint has returned.

My secondary TV is the 50A2020. Sony replaced the OB once, but I think I see the signs of it going again soon. I'm hoping it lasts long enough for the 55EF9500 to become a little more affordable. Unfortunately, I won't be getting an OLED for the main room until there is something affordable in the 75-85" range.
BSTNFAN is offline  
post #1217 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Hobbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN View Post
My secondary TV is the 50A2020. Sony replaced the OB once, but I think I see the signs of it going again soon. I'm hoping it lasts long enough for the 55EF9500 to become a little more affordable. Unfortunately, I won't be getting an OLED for the main room until there is something affordable in the 75-85" range.
The OB originally went out on mine in June 2009, which was about 3 months shy of 2 years after I bought it. But then like I indicated in my prior post, mine was a floor model (bought it for half off) and who knows how many hours it already had on it.

And Sony covered that replacement. It actually happened maybe only a month before they discontinued their extended warranty in regards to specifically the OB issue. Had a Sony tech come out to my house and replace the part.

It’s lasted well since then, just over 6 years. So I think I’ve got my money’s worth with it.

I don’t envy you on waiting for an affordable 75-85” OLED, that could be awhile (at least what is affordable for me). As I’ve said already, I’m looking at the EF9500 as one of my options, but one of the things that makes me hesitant is the issue OLEDs have in regards to gaming. You can’t have big picture, non-motion blur AND low input lag now. You have to pick 2 of 3, and if I’m going to spend 5K+ on a TV, I really don’t want to have to do that so I’m not sure what route to take.
drummernrg likes this.

Last edited by Hobbun; 09-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Hobbun is offline  
post #1218 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Member
 
kamgol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
Yes, I’m hoping mine can last at least a few more months, as well. Right now the yellowing covers almost the entire bottom 1/5 of the screen, but it is not very noticeable at all except when the screen is very light. Hoping it can stay that way until I am ready to purchase my replacement.

So if I may ask, what is(are) the issue(s) you are having with yours?
Mine has had several issues. I've already replaced the lamp unit and then the fan was having issues, which I found a fix for in AVS Forum Now it looks like the optical block is acting up as well.
kamgol is offline  
post #1219 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
sippelmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBagadonuts View Post
That's mostly my understanding as well. However I do believe that I read somewhere (not sure), that the current (and upcoming EF) panels are actually capable of higher than 500 nits but are currently purposely constrained by the software... and that the software update to enable HDR will in fact allow for an increase in peak levels. (Not to 800 nits, but higher than 500).


Please take that with a rather large grain of salt though...I presume we will know more during IFA.
I had read somewhere too that the peak could hit close to 800, but I can't recall where/how/reliability. Its possible they were able to take some of the new power efficiencies in the CES prototype and were able to work it in this generation. IFA will tell....
sippelmc is offline  
post #1220 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
i'll pull the trigger in the 55 inch model once it hits 3500$ hopefully it does this year.
lol
mo949 is offline  
post #1221 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
MrJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbun View Post
The OB originally went out on mine in June 2009, which was about 3 months shy of 2 years after I bought it. But then like I indicated in my prior post, mine was a floor model (bought it for half off) and who knows how many hours it already had on it.

And Sony covered that replacement. It actually happened maybe only a month before they discontinued their extended warranty in regards to specifically the OB issue. Had a Sony tech come out to my house and replace the part.

It’s lasted well since then, just over 6 years. So I think I’ve got my money’s worth with it.

I don’t envy you on waiting for an affordable 75-85” OLED, that could be awhile (at least what is affordable for me). As I’ve said already, I’m looking at the EF9500 as one of my options, but one of the things that makes me hesitant is the issue OLEDs have in regards to gaming. You can’t have big picture, non-motion blur AND low input lag now. You have to pick 2 of 3, and if I’m going to spend 5K+ on a TV, I really don’t want to have to do that so I’m not sure what route to take.
My 60A3000 started a about year and a half ago and has gotten really bad in the past few months. The blue test filter looked like an alien sonogram back in June.

http://i.imgur.com/pVfDjEM.jpg

It's almost completely filled in now and I'm sick of it. I need to buy something new in the next few months so the EF9500 is on my short list along with the JS9500. The LG is a bit more than I want to spend so I'm hoping pricing will come down a little not long after launch.
MrJames is offline  
post #1222 of 1535 Old 09-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Member
 
121dj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Newegg showing 55"
LG 4K LED-LCD HDTV 55EF9500 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1J739T7725
121dj is offline  
post #1223 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Hobbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
My 60A3000 started a about year and a half ago and has gotten really bad in the past few months. The blue test filter looked like an alien sonogram back in June.

http://i.imgur.com/pVfDjEM.jpg

It's almost completely filled in now and I'm sick of it. I need to buy something new in the next few months so the EF9500 is on my short list along with the JS9500. The LG is a bit more than I want to spend so I'm hoping pricing will come down a little not long after launch.
A year and a half? That is some serious patience. I just noticed my re-occurred OB issue a few weeks ago, and already looking into a new TV.

But this does let me know that I probably have at least a few months before it gets really bad, so I have some time to look (and hopefully wait long enough for the prices to drop).
Hobbun is offline  
post #1224 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
slacker711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,204
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 515
It looks like LG will not be boosting the max light output of their current OLED's. They have a slide at their HDR briefing which shows a range up to 400 nits.

http://mashable.com/2015/09/03/lg-hdr-4k-oled/
slacker711 is offline  
post #1225 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wjboshart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
I read a current article stating that for current OLED sets to do HDR they are going to cap the max brightness of the signal and extend it down into their infinite black contrast because they feel that they can faithfully reproduce more of the darker shadow on HDR
Wjboshart is offline  
post #1226 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,763
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post
Great, and I'll do that. I met Chris a couple years ago in Naples where Chad B and I worked on the first OLED he had.
That was a great day Two great calibrators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Hint Hint... It would be nice if someone like Cleveland Plasma can do a AVS group buy on the flat LG....
We try to have good prices, the service comes with that great price for free
.
.

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 09-03-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #1227 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Member
 
teamw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Corolla, NC
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Panasonic is in the game, but curved!! http://www.techhive.com/article/2979...ml#tk.nl_today
teamw is offline  
post #1228 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
scott967's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: hawai'i
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamw View Post
Panasonic is in the game, but curved!! http://www.techhive.com/article/2979...ml#tk.nl_today
So the 65EF9500 is now a "budget" model?

scott s.
.
scott967 is offline  
post #1229 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
400 nits is excessively bright. I hope they are very sparing in the mastering of that content. With the lights off when I change from my 90 nit setup to my 120 nit setup, the 120 nit one hurts my eyes noticeably.
mo949 is offline  
post #1230 of 1535 Old 09-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Member
 
121dj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
400 nits is excessively bright. I hope they are very sparing in the mastering of that content. With the lights off when I change from my 90 nit setup to my 120 nit setup, the 120 nit one hurts my eyes noticeably.

I agree, to a point. I can't believe some people complain about 500 not being enough. Hell, I've even seen people discuss 1000 nits not meeting their personal requirement.

Like plasma before it, OLED panel technology is designed for dimly lit viewing environments and LED for more brightly lit environments.

We don't need no stinkin blindness when watching tv/movies.
121dj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off