Official Owners Thread 2015 LG 55EG9600 / 65EG9600 4k - Page 153 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9302Likes

post #4561 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
Thanks for the input guys. Can't the eg9600 play 4k from 4k cablebox through hdmi 2.0? It just won't have the ability to play 4k HDR because it doesn't have a hdmi 2.0a?

The 9600 (UA or UB) can play 4K from any source. The 9600 UA can play 4K HDR which is streamed, but 4K streamed is not the same as 4K off a direct connection. Streamed content almost always has some compression applied, so having 4K HDR off a compatible 4K Blu-Ray is desirable.

I wrote a lot so I forgot to mention the following. I ordered a "openbox pristine" 55eg9600 for $1392 (price includes tax. And i live in tristate area so can't avoid tax at most places) from amazon warehouse deal when they had the 20% promo discount. Amazon messed up on the delivery of my tv and the tv ended up back to amazon. Because it was their mistake, they were very nice and said that they would send me a new 55eg9600 as a replacement. I also ordered a 55EF9500 at amazon warehouse deal for $1,695.97 condition: "very good. Small scratches on front of item (less than 1/4" x 1/4"). Small scratches on top or sides of the item (less than 1/4" x 1/4"). Small scratches on back of item (less than 1/2" x 1/2")." Usually if there are scratches on the screen, it will be mentioned in the description and will be rated as acceptable instead of very good. So I believe the unit does not have scratches on the screen. I can live with minor scratches on body.

So you also have a decision here between curved and flat. We like curved, others hate it. The 9500 has HDMI 2.0a (I believe) so you would have HDR via a connected device. If you can live with the scratches, etc. and there are no issues then it sounds like a good deal. I just am not a fan of open box especially if the LG warranty is not in effect. Just seems like it was returned for a reason. It's different with refurbished which usually has the manufacturer warranty and has "supposedly" been brought back to spec.

But I set the tv to not deliver until mid august (I can move up delivery date). Since the 55EF9500 can be cancelled before it ships, the 55EF9500 was a backup just in case I was going to have any problems with my openbox 55eg9600. However, because amazon said they will send me a new unit, I couldn't resist accepting a new unit (lower risk compared to openbox and I thought I will have higher chance of getting a UB unit). And I leaned towards eg9600 because it was better condition and it's a $674 saving with credit card cashback vs msrp. But now I am not sure whether I should return if that vignetting/banding is considered bad + it is not UB and go with option (a) a replacement 55eg9600 or (b) the openbox 55EF9500.

So.. just want to make sure I understand. You got the replacement from Amazon but was not a UB. Is it new (as in not open box)? If so, then it has LG warranty. The issue there is that the bands could be a panel issue, and the USB ports are on the main board (two different pieces) so even if LG determined the banding was not right, it still doesn't guarantee you'd wind up with HDR connectivity.

I am currently a student and I am saving up for an engagement ring that I will buy soon. But I couldn't resist the price on the oled. I can afford the ef9500 price difference but in my current situation, the cheaper the better. However, at the same time it makes sense to spend more for a futureready tv. Just not sure whether I should pay $304 (not $260 i wrote earlier) for HDR capability but openbox with scratches (And there is a big risk. If the ef9500 is defective, I am not sure if I can return it since each amazon warehouse tv is a unique item. I don't think amazon will replace it with a used unit that cost more in pristine condition). I don't really think I will see this price again for 2015 model (most sold out or not sold near me) or will have to wait a long time for 2016 model to drop to this price so hard to give up on this chance.

So the more "future proofed" set seems to be the EF9500 right now.. What we don't know is if it has any issues. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask Amazon if they have any other 9500s without scratches, and I'd also make sure I knew in advance what their policy is if the 9500 had issues.. is it just a refund or some type of replacement. I've always found Amazon to be willing to work with customers (get a U.S. call center representative as they seem to have more "options" at times), and be honest. If you can somehow afford it, I'd get the EF9500 now and try to do a side by side and see.. also to see just what the condition really is, and then return the set with the least "issues" or whichever one just looks better to you.

I attached too many photos in earlier post that might be confusing. Below, I attached the most recent photo of my eg9600 gray scale 2% vignetting/banding test photo. just want to confirm one more time that it is not good? too dark on the sides and too bright in the middle than typical (but like others said, it might go away with use). Now I am more concerned with the banding. @JayS99 , the banding doesn't look right? what makes you say so? I do see a vertical line that is more prominent than others and it originally had a lot of other lines around it (can be seen in photo 3 of earlier post). But those lines mysteriously went away...(i thought banding won't go away...) Was your banding about the same when you asked LG for a replacement (and lg acknowledged the banding was band for your set when they tested it?).
The uniform darker patches on the left and right will fade.. heard it here before and happened with ours. At 2% gray, out of the box, our 9600 had no banding at all.. I can remember marveling at how uniform it was (except for the sides).. A month or so later, it was almost totally uniform from side to side. Had it not been for the fact it totally died, we would have been very happy with it .. Again ours was a UB model. The other point, as I've mentioned, there have been a lot of changes beyond just connected HDR between the UA and UB 9600s. I mentioned I saw it with my own eyes the panel redesign. Optimally, I would love a late model (ours was December 2015) UB so that it had all the revisions and panel updates, etc. before they closed the line because unless you can find one, the only way to get a new panel or main board is if something happened to a warrantied one that LG had to repair..

Again, ours wasn't replaced because of banding.. Ours was replaced (in total) because it died and nothing they tried would bring it back to life (which befuddled everyone), but again we had no banding. Because of that the LG warranty replaced it with the now current model, the C6. So bottom line, that LG warranty has a LOT of value... trust me, I know. You get special service because it's an OLED set (there is a VIP department).. and for the most part they fall over each other trying to help.

So I don't know if I helped you at all.. I understand that in life there are compromises. TV sets will come and go, but it sounds like you're getting ready to make an investment that 1. Hopefully a whole lot greater life expectancy :-) , and 2. has a whole lot more meaning to it. Again, maybe being able to compare the 9500 and 9600 side by side will be the best solution.. You know you're going to return one. The only other option is to spend more (something you're trying to avoid) and get a new 9600 from one of the places that still has them.. That way you're covered with the warranty.

Hope I helped.. Good luck and Congratulations with the proposal (and don't mention that the TV was any part of the discussion on the ring!). :-)

Jay S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
Because it was their mistake, they were very nice and said that they would send me a new 55eg9600 as a replacement.
If you haven't registered your set with LG yet, do so. Send them an email about the banding issue and then you can decide whether to have someone come out and look at it.

For what you got for the money, you can not complain. Knowing the situation a little better, I think it makes more sense to hang onto a great new TV at a great price rather than gamble on something else. This set will serve you well for a couple of years anyway and, at that point, maybe you can sell off the 55EG, get a couple hundred bucks, and then get a 2017 at the end of it's run for a good price. In a couple of years the HDR stuff will be clearer (including Dolby), more HDR and 4K stuff will be available, better screen quality and probably significantly cheaper.

You have a great 4K HDTV, you get HDR through some apps, what's not to like? Any changes means more money, higher risk, and more hassles. Granted you could "future proof" yourself for maybe a couple of years but, like you mentioned, the only thing you miss out on would be HDR via the HDMI ports. If you're happy, why chance it?
post #4563 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6789 Post(s)
Liked: 6792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm19 View Post
I checked on the warranty status with LG, and was told that the warranty had expired on it just last week. I was told that if I needed service they could still help me, but that I would need to provide a receipt so that they could verify that it was not an open box purchase.
Does not matter if it is an open box or not. 1 year warranty applies unless it is a refurb or something like that. Think of all those open box items at best buy, think anyone would take 10% off and loose the warranty. Some time's people say to much when it is best to say very little......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4564 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayS99 View Post

Again, ours wasn't replaced because of banding.. Ours was replaced (in total) because it died and nothing they tried would bring it back to life (which befuddled everyone), but again we had no banding. Because of that the LG warranty replaced it with the now current model, the C6. So bottom line, that LG warranty has a LOT of value... trust me, I know. You get special service because it's an OLED set (there is a VIP department).. and for the most part they fall over each other trying to help.

Jay S.
All the more reason to leave Square Trade in the dust ...
post #4565 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 05:48 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Does not matter if it is an open box or not. 1 year warranty applies unless it is a refurb or something like that. Think of all those open box items at best buy, think anyone would take 10% off and loose the warranty. Some time's people say to much when it is best to say very little......
LG's website did allow me to register it online and put in my purchase date. I wonder if that would be my 1 year warranty start date? I was pretty sure Amazon Warehouse deals were considered used items and therefore not covered by manufacturers warranties.

Also, another novice question: Are artifacts/blockiness more easily noticeable on these sets? Even with Youtube 4k content, I am noticing a lot of artifacts/blockiness during darker scenes. The only way to fix this is to drop brightness into the lower 40s to mask them. Not sure if my set is having near black issues or if it's just the content.
3:27-3:38 the darker areas/shadows in the lower portion of the video have noticeable artifacts/blockiness on my set. Again this is only remedied by dropping brightness considerably.

54 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/ACqVD
45 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/LJVir
41 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/Dhiy2

Last edited by ktm19; 07-29-2016 at 07:13 PM.
post #4566 of 5760 Old 07-29-2016, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
LG's website did allow me to register it online and put in my purchase date. I wonder if that would be my 1 year warranty start date? I was pretty sure Amazon Warehouse deals were considered used items and therefore not covered by manufacturers warranties.

Also, another novice question: Are artifacts/blockiness more easily noticeable on these sets? Even with Youtube 4k content, I am noticing a lot of artifacts/blockiness during darker scenes. The only way to fix this is to drop brightness into the lower 40s to mask them. Not sure if my set is having near black issues or if it's just the content.

3:27-3:38 the darker areas/shadows in the lower portion of the video have noticeable artifacts/blockiness on my set. Again this is only remedied by dropping brightness considerably.

54 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/ACqVD
45 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/LJVir
41 Brightness: http://imgur.com/a/Dhiy2
No, You should not have any blockiness like that... :-(
post #4567 of 5760 Old 07-30-2016, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 55
You know what is interesting...
I saw that Microsoft posted support videos for the s. I was watching one and it stated that if you are not getting HDR make sure it is turned on in your tv settings. It also stated that different tvs call it different things and one of the options they stated was the option on this tv that is the hdmi ultra hd deep color. This is the setting in the initial picture options. I am very curious if that setting toggled on or off effects hdr for the UB owners over HDMI of course.

Anyone out there that can answer?
post #4568 of 5760 Old 07-30-2016, 09:47 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
No, You should not have any blockiness like that... :-(
This is a review for a 2016 model, but seems to describe what I am experiencing with blockiness/noise: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/oled5...1604274285.htm. I wonder if my set in particular is more prone to this issue.

Quote:
Ironically, LG OLED televisions have traditionally struggled in the area just above black – transitioning smoothly from zero black to various gradations of dark grey hasn’t proved to be the easiest thing to achieve. To clarify, there are three separate issues:
  • Vignetting: The sides appearing darker than the centre;
  • Banding: Vertical darker streaks (mostly thin, somethings thick) running up and down the screen; and
  • Sub-8-bit gradation: Lack of finesse in handling video signal just above black, resulting in increased blockiness and noise in dark sequences.
Reviewer notes that this is vastly improved though with the 2016 models.
Quote:
For example, the Shanghai night sky at the beginning of Chapter 8 in Skyfall appeared noisier and more pixelated on the LG OLED55E6V compared with other displays we had at hand in our test room. However, it’s no longer a dealbreaker especially at normal viewing distance – last year’s OLED models exhibited larger and more distracting macroblocks.

Last edited by ktm19; 07-30-2016 at 09:52 AM.
post #4569 of 5760 Old 07-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This is a review for a 2016 model, but seems to describe what I am experiencing with blockiness/noise: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/oled5...1604274285.htm. I wonder if my set in particular is more prone to this issue.

Reviewer notes that this is vastly improved though with the 2016 models.
Thanks for that link.. Hadn't seen that one. I do somewhat dislike some of these reviews which say they've fixed "all of the above" type comments but fail to share their calibration settings. I'd much rather have it the way CNET does it where they include the calibrations they used, but I digress.. I think we're talking about degrees here with your set. There are a number of things that play into blocking, blotches, etc.. Is the set a part of it, without doubt, but the signal coming in is also a contributor which is why most of the calibration and tests are done with some known media (in this reviews case "Skyfall"). The reference you had was a Youtube video, which even at 4K is likely compressed to begin with and will be affected (effected?) by your signal to the set. There's an app in the LG "Store" in the menus called Speedtest 2.. Gives you an indication of what the set thinks it's seeing. Since the www browser in the apps doesn't support flash, you can also run a speedtest (non-flash) from one of the other test sites. I found the Speedtest 2 to be a little lower than some of the WWW test, but not by tons.

So, bottom line to this is remember they're testing 4K media from a 4K Player which is the least compression you'll see. I'm assuming you've got a decent Blu-Ray player, so pick up Skyfall and see what yours looks like. Did they improve on some of this in the 2016 models, yes, and we can see that with the C6, but my point was that you shouldn't be seeing significant and distracting blocking or blotches if your source is at all half way decent. If you are, then it could again go back to the set. I'm assuming the set (since it was open box) had all it's settings reset and that you're starting from scratch. Are you using any calibration software e.g. Blu-Ray version of Spears and Munsil (a good investment)? You really need to judge this with connected media, not streamed or even cable/satellite.. both of the latter (and based on channels) are compressed ... some more, some less.. e.g. Nat Geo and History HD look a lot better than the Networks HD.

I know you're struggling with thoughts on this set. Give LG a call and see if they'll warranty it as I suggested.. or spend a couple of hundred to get a good ISF professional in to see what they can do (make sure they know OLED) with a Pro Calibration.. Bottom line (I think) if you keep seeing things you don't like, you're going to constantly question yourself down the road with the decision and no matter how much you spend for a set of this caliber, none of us should have to feel that way....

Sent you a PM..
post #4570 of 5760 Old 08-01-2016, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 94
65EG9600-UB

A quick update on my purchase back in late June at the great price of 2500. A couple of days after my purchase from Best Buy price matched through Dell I left out of town for 3 weeks. Once back home I discovered the panel had yellow stains on far left and middle right.

Long story short Best Buy tried to deliver me a new set 3 times and all were UA models. Spent too much time on phone trying to make sure they could verify model before sending but at end the original TV went back and I received a refund. Was a little bummed out since the price was awesome but hopefully I can still get a second set as it looks like the 2016's pricing are trending downward.

LG OLED77C8P | Panasonic DP-UB820 | LG OLED65E7P | Sony UBP-X800 | LG OLED65C7P | LG OLED55B6P | Apple 4K TV x3
post #4571 of 5760 Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM

So I guess the hdmi deep color is just for color depth. Still wondering if it has any effect on hdr?
post #4572 of 5760 Old 08-01-2016, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
Industry Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeximusPrime View Post
Long story short Best Buy tried to deliver me a new set 3 times and all were UA models. Spent too much time on phone trying to make sure they could verify model before sending but at end the original TV went back and I received a refund. Was a little bummed out since the price was awesome but hopefully I can still get a second set as it looks like the 2016's pricing are trending downward.
Well the way the new models are falling in price a OLED65C6P may be in your future
post #4573 of 5760 Old 08-01-2016, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well the way the new models are falling in price a OLED65C6P may be in your future
That would be great and definitely keeping an eye on them.

LG OLED77C8P | Panasonic DP-UB820 | LG OLED65E7P | Sony UBP-X800 | LG OLED65C7P | LG OLED55B6P | Apple 4K TV x3
post #4574 of 5760 Old 08-01-2016, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just received my 65EG9600 OLED and I'm super happy with the purchase!! My question is, are any of you guys running break in image slides to break in the panel correctly and if you are, where did you get them from? I have some slides from when I broke in my Panny ST50 but when I run them on my LG they don't fill up the screen. I know I know some of you don't and just run the tv normally avoiding gaming and letter box movies back to back. I really think it's beneficial to age the panel evenly and to properly break it in. Thank you guys in advanced.
post #4575 of 5760 Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerZR1 View Post

Just received my 65EG9600 OLED and I'm super happy with the purchase!! My question is, are any of you guys running break in image slides to break in the panel correctly and if you are, where did you get them from? I have some slides from when I broke in my Panny ST50 but when I run them on my LG they don't fill up the screen. I know I know some of you don't and just run the tv normally avoiding gaming and letter box movies back to back. I really think it's beneficial to age the panel evenly and to properly break it in. Thank you guys in advanced.
No need, just watch and enjoy.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #4576 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Don't know what you paid for the set, but I think there are other providers that might have UB models. I think B&H in NYC had some in stock, and they are first class..
Amazon price matched the tv for me and I got it for a little over $1500 (plus two years interest free financing).
post #4577 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrentn View Post
Amazon price matched the tv for me and I got it for a little over $1500 (plus two years interest free financing).
Great. Were you able to get a UB model as well?
post #4578 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Great. Were you able to get a UB model as well?
Unfortunately not.

I've been debating if I wanted to have amazon bring me another one, but there's no way to ensure I'll even get a UB panel the second time around.
post #4579 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Unfortunately not.

I've been debating if I wanted to have amazon bring me another one, but there's no way to ensure I'll even get a UB panel the second time around.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;-)
post #4580 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;-)
ha! Well, you convinced me - just chatted with amazon support and they are sending me another unit out. When the local company calls to confirm delivery, she said I can ask them to read the model off the box then or I can refuse the shipment when it arrives. I'll keep you updated.
JayS99 likes this.
post #4581 of 5760 Old 08-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just wanted to tell everybody that I connected an Xbox One S to my UB 9600. I fired up Netflix and selected Marco Polo and saw the HDR icon was available. I started the show and it was unbelievable. I switched back to the native Netflix app. While the native app in 4k was great, the Xbox One S version was off the charts. Looked like you could still play with some brightness settings too with HDR engaged throught the XB1S app as well, which was even more awesome.
JayS99 likes this.
post #4582 of 5760 Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
ha! Well, you convinced me - just chatted with amazon support and they are sending me another unit out. When the local company calls to confirm delivery, she said I can ask them to read the model off the box then or I can refuse the shipment when it arrives. I'll keep you updated.
Good luck. Fingers crossed that you can get a UB model.. Let us know. :-)
post #4583 of 5760 Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
Industry Insider

Quote:
That is very cool of you in end. Amazon would rather have a new one back than used one.
post #4584 of 5760 Old 08-04-2016, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Anyone catching the Olympic opening Ceremonies in 4K tomorrow, please post some pics.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #4585 of 5760 Old 08-04-2016, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm thinking of Price Matching this TV - on sale for $1,796 with Dell or Amazon. Amazon is offering a "price guarantee" - they will refund the difference if I find it cheaper elsewhere within 30 days of purchase. However, the posts in this thread seem to show a pattern of consistency with UBs coming from Dell. Seems like a lot of UAs have come out of Amazon.

Any input? Advise?
post #4586 of 5760 Old 08-05-2016, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
When I play Ultra HD shows from Amazon Prime TV it doesn't show the HDR icon. The picture doesn't look like its Ultra Hd.
post #4587 of 5760 Old 08-05-2016, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am located in Hong Kong, I came across a av dealer selling a discounted box-opened 55eg9650 (basically is a eg9600 with HDR supported) and I will be testing the unit tomorrow.

Could anyone please give me some tip on the following :

1. What potential problem I should be expecting (eg banding, vignetting, near black problem etc...)
2. How to check the panel hours?
3. What screen should I be preparing on a USB drive for basic panel test?
4. Any other critical panel problem I should be aware of?

Thank you all in advance!!
post #4588 of 5760 Old 08-05-2016, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As a heads up, Microcenter has the 65EG9600 for $2,499.99 +tax. It's in-store only though. I bought the only one in the NJ store & it happens to be the UB panel as well

You can check the website for availability. There's one available in Brooklyn NY. Here's the link: Microcenter LG 65EG9600

Now, let's see if I can somehow find a way to mount this with the monoprice corner-friendly wall mount.
post #4589 of 5760 Old 08-05-2016, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 828
I picked up a 65EG9600 (verified it was a UB) today at Fry's using their promo code ($2,296). I just tried (3) of the Samsung UN65KS8000 sets and each one had "black spots" They weren't your typical bad pixel rather it looked like a small speck of dirt in the panel. Funny thing is out of the box there might be none or a couple and after a few hours of usage there would be several more. Admittedly for the most part they weren't visible from viewing distance but they still bugged me to no end... one of my pet peeves/hot buttons.

Haven't really gotten beyond the out of the box experience however placing them in Movie or Cinema mode I really prefer the LG. It's not nearly as bright which is fine by me. The default color intensity appears much more natural. I really dislike "orange" skin tones. The Samsung upscales nicely. Reading a review they rated the LG rather highly so I'm hoping it does as well. At Fry's the black level appears very similar but it's instantly noticeable at home.

Checking the pixels I did notice the color uniformity is rather bad but I can live with it. Not nearly as bad as the LED DLP it's replacing. Not a fan of the curved screen but the price sold me and it's not nearly as curved as I was thinking. I kind of "stole" the Samsung for $1,558 but the difference is worth it... for me.

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled Threadripper & Radeon VII, NVMe PC - 43" 4K IPS Panel |
post #4590 of 5760 Old 08-06-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
Anyone catching the Olympic opening Ceremonies in 4K tomorrow, please post some pics.
How do you get it in 4k ? Direct tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
55EG9600

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page