Official 2015-2016 LG 55EG9100 OLED "full" 1080p HDTV. - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 716Likes

post #1171 of 3621 Old 02-11-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Yes I sold it , liked it alot but doesnt work in my new place. Love my oled tho much better sense of depth because of the superior contrast ratio imo
Great to hear enjoy.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3621 Old 02-11-2016, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
Great to hear enjoy.
It is good to hear another(chunon) has joined the club, but I also find it troubling that there is a troll in this thread speaking to himself as other people trying to dissuade others from purchasing this beautiful television. By the way Latinoheat, I have a 55EG9600 coming next week to replace the 9100. I got a good deal on it, so I went with it instead of another 9100. I took my 9100 apart and took all the guts out just in case I get another.

Sony 65A1E
LG 65EF9500
LG 55EG9100
Samsung 60F8500
LG UP870 Multi-Region
post #1173 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post
It is good to hear another(chunon) has joined the club, but I also find it troubling that there is a troll in this thread speaking to himself as other people trying to dissuade others from purchasing this beautiful television. By the way Latinoheat, I have a 55EG9600 coming next week to replace the 9100. I got a good deal on it, so I went with it instead of another 9100. I took my 9100 apart and took all the guts out just in case I get another.
Troll? That doesn't sound good. Don't know who you are refering to, I've seen no troll in this thread so far, just users raising justified concerns about their sets. Unless the pictures posted here were fake and altered in some way the problems persist, even if we call critics "trolls".

Dan and Chunon, good to hear your sets are better in regards to uniformity. Do you guys still see no tint in black and white material, such as old B&W films and for example the black and white scenes in Kill Bill 1 & 2? I don't mean you should look for issues, but I'm wondering if clean sets exist out there somewhere. I was at another store today and checked out two 9100 that looked similar to mine. And I don't see any problems most of the time, but black and white films and uniform white backdrops show the tint. So I'm wondering to what degree can you find tint free panel, a panel showing tint only in B&W material, or a panel not even showing tint there?

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1174 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3855 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Dan and Chunon, good to hear your sets are better in regards to uniformity. Do you guys still see no tint in black and white material, such as old B&W films and for example the black and white scenes in Kill Bill 1 & 2? I don't mean you should look for issues, but I'm wondering if clean sets exist out there somewhere. I was at another store today and checked out two 9100 that looked similar to mine. And I don't see any problems most of the time, but black and white films and uniform white backdrops show the tint. So I'm wondering to what degree can you find tint free panel, a panel showing tint only in B&W material, or a panel not even showing tint there?

Gordon,

Don't believe I have watched any B&W content, I will see if I can find something this weekend and report back.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 02-12-2016 at 07:59 AM.
post #1175 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckbutter66 View Post
This whole thread has be disappointed. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 9100 today after reading so many good things but after ready the last few pages, I'm not sure what to do. My choice was down to the LG 9100 or Samsung JS8500.
Quote:
Troll? That doesn't sound good. Don't know who you are refering to, I've seen no troll in this thread so far, just users raising justified concerns about their sets. Unless the pictures posted here were fake and altered in some way the problems persist, even if we call critics "trolls".

OLED vs Plasma Album

Here is a very quick and dirty album I put together to illustrate 2 things. One is the difference between this TV and the 2010 LG 60PK550 Plasma it replaced on the same content. My new AVR has 2 HDMI outputs so the output is identical. Angles suck but it's hard to fit 2 55"+ TVs in the same small room. Also I used my phone to take a picture and the OLED was barely calibrated at this point.

I also added in every photo I have of this TV to show the lack of tint that I can see. I am not going to go out and look for it because if I find it, I may never enjoy the TV again. But in normal viewing, I have no tint issues with this TV. It is a 510 build and has over 500 hours on the panel.
aki11p2 likes this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.70 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #1176 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 AM

I guess I should count my blessings

I went to a few stores today and looked at 3 new 9100 demos. To be honest, my 9100 is not that bad after all when it comes to tint. On these stores demos I could spot it in 2 seconds, it was very visible on content as you can see in these pictures.

Please note, these are 3 different 910Vs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new04.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	1247745   Click image for larger version

Name:	new001.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1247753   Click image for larger version

Name:	new0.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1247761  
post #1177 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 103
^ Yikes!
post #1178 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 09:44 AM

I don't understand why so much emphasis is being placed on pictures taken on a cell phone in a store where the settings on the display are unknown. First of all the sets are un-calibrated, secondly add in the variables of the phone camera and displaying them on an un-calibrated PC monitor. How anyone give any weight to something like this amazes me.

I have been an AVS forum member for many years and things never change, issues tend to get over emphasized and certain posters go on crusades to try to discourage others from either purchasing a set or enjoying the set that they did purchase. If the set is not for you move on, that's my take I am sure some will agree and some will disagree.
Steff3, Lindseybp and venus933 like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1179 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't understand why so much emphasis is being placed on pictures taken on a cell phone in a store where the settings on the display are unknown. First of all the sets are un-calibrated, secondly add in the variables of the phone camera and displaying them on an un-calibrated PC monitor. How anyone give any weight to something like this amazes me.

I have been an AVS forum member for many years and things never change, issues tend to get over emphasized and certain posters go on crusades to try to discourage others from either purchasing a set or enjoying the set that they did purchase. If the set is not for you move on, that's my take I am sure some will agree and some will disagree.
because uneven tint isn't something that can be calibrated away? And if it's obvious on a cell phone, even if not true to life, it's even more obvious and distracting to the eye.

In my experience,

Plus, what else do you have to go off of? Description of observation?
post #1180 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 10:59 AM

You're right probably cant be calibrated out completely but it can definitely be mitigated by a good white balance calibration I just don't get all the doom and gloom here its just like any other owners thread it makes it hard for people who like their sets of post and be positive

I'm not saying pictures being posted don't have any value at all I'm just saying that they're not definitive proof of anything
Steff3 likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A

Last edited by chunon; 02-12-2016 at 11:11 AM.
post #1181 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You're right probably cant be calibrated out completely but it can definitely be mitigated by a good white balance calibration I just don't get all the doom and gloom here its just like any other owners thread it makes it hard for people who like their sets of post and be positive

I'm not saying pictures being posted don't have any value at all I'm just saying that they're not definitive proof of anything
That's fair as well, and I hear ya.

I might be an outlier though-- I'm happy as heck with my 9300, and these pictures dont bother me at all, probably because they aren't the way my panel looks
These do remind me a lot of the way my 9100 looked though,

and to protect my satisfaction, not posting pics to prove it, only for it to get nitpicked
post #1182 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

"First of all the sets are un-calibrated, secondly add in the variables of the phone camera and displaying them on an un-calibrated PC monitor. How anyone give any weight to something like this amazes me."

Calibration impacts your entire screen, you can't just calibration away yellow tint or red/pint tint from 1/3 of your screen and expect it not to impact the rest of the TV. I had ChadB calibrate my F8500 and planned on having him do my 9100, but had to cancel due to both yellowing tinting on 2 TVs and 1 red tinting on a 3rd. He never said don't worry, I'll be able to fix it through calibration. I even called Robert at Value Electronics to see if I could buy the 9100 through him with their Q/C and calibration service. He stated that he couldn't guaranteed screen without yellow or red tinting, but would sell me one with at most a minimal amount of yellow or red. He stated if it was extreme, he would have to send those panels back to LG. People accept cell phone pictures as proof because its very representative of what many people are seeing. Its not like people are changing the settings on their phone to create the yellow or red tint. People aren't taking off work to exchange the set 3 or 4 times for no reason. These panels have the ability to be an improvement from the last gen plasmas, but the fact that anyone who is made aware of the issue can see the defect, is very disappointing.
post #1183 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20

Quote:

"First of all the sets are un-calibrated, secondly add in the variables of the phone camera and displaying them on an un-calibrated PC monitor. How anyone give any weight to something like this amazes me."

Calibration impacts your entire screen, you can't just calibration away yellow tint or red/pint tint from 1/3 of your screen and expect it not to impact the rest of the TV. I had ChadB calibrate my F8500 and planned on having him do my 9100, but had to cancel due to both yellowing tinting on 2 TVs and 1 red tinting on a 3rd. He never said don't worry, I'll be able to fix it through calibration. I even called Robert at Value Electronics to see if I could buy the 9100 through him with their Q/C and calibration service. He stated that he couldn't guaranteed screen without yellow or red tinting, but would sell me one with at most a minimal amount of yellow or red. He stated if it was extreme, he would have to send those panels back to LG. People accept cell phone pictures as proof because its very representative of what many people are seeing. Its not like people are changing the settings on their phone to create the yellow or red tint. People aren't taking off work to exchange the set 3 or 4 times for no reason. These panels have the ability to be an improvement from the last gen plasmas, but the fact that anyone who is made aware of the issue can see the defect, is very disappointing.
post #1184 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM

I have a background in calibration so you're not telling me anything I don't know and Chad calibrated my set.

I never said anything about anybody altering settings faking pictures so I'm not sure where you're getting that from I don't have any tinting problems on my TV but I guess that just makes me an anomaly

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1185 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have a background in calibration so you're not telling me anything I don't know and Chad calibrated my set.

I never said anything about anybody altering settings faking pictures so I'm not sure where you're getting that from I don't have any tinting problems on my TV but I guess that just makes me an anomaly
I think we both have anomaly sets, hold onto it indefinitely!
post #1186 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
I think we both have anomaly sets, hold onto it indefinitely!
I would consider my set to not have an issue with tinting either.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.70 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #1187 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 12:00 PM

I would calibrate mine as well, if it was possible to calibrate different zones of the screen. Sadly the tint is not affected by color controls either.

What makes me annoyed is that most sets seem to have this tint, and I'm sure the reviewers could see this on theirs as well, but this has not been mentioned as a big flaw on any review site. I mean I just picked 3 random 9100 today in stores and all had one side that was red, as you could see on my pictures.

And regarding the camera:

1) The same camera was used when I took the photo of the VT 60. You are free to compare the uniformity between the Oleds and the Panasonic, taken with the same camera (a page or so back). Anything the camera would add to the OLED it would add to the panasonic as well.

2) I wasn't planning on taking these pictures. I just looked at the TVs and within seconds I saw the uniformity issues. I can attest to the fact that the camera captured the uniformity pretty accurately.

As I said the worst part is that LG is getting away with this. They are getting great reviews, even when it's clear that the review sites had tinted sets. Examples:

http://www.ljudochbild.se/wp-content.../P9092324r.jpg (got praise in the review, purple tint not mentioned)

http://www.displayandsoundcalibratio...4/IMG_5011.jpg (calibrator calling the 930V the best domestic TV ever before 960 arrived, despite the purple tint, also saying it will go away with hours of use, which is not true)

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/image/hdtv...C930V/tint.jpg (tint mentioned in the review but it still got "highly recommended" and tint not listed in the cons list)

http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/e...-dse-large.jpg (they also got a pretty tinted set but didn't make a huge deal about it, on the contrary awarded it with best grey uniformity of all the TVs of the year).

And on and on it goes. Seriously, don't review sites calibrate their sets? How do they do it? Do they calibrate to the purple/red spots on the TV or the green ones? If I was to calibrate white on one of the examples I've shown above, how would I do it?

I can't help to think that this big downside of OLEDs is being downplayed and covered up just so that it will not kill OLED TVs in the cradle. I still feel cheated though that this is not something that reviewers and calibrators are pushing LG to fix. Sure, I can understand why calibrators don't want to draw attention to the fact that these Oleds have color uniformity problems, that would kind of countaract their entire business idea. I do expect more from reviewers though, and they have the power to highlight certain shortcomings that LG needs to fix. If these shortcomings are swept under the rug, what is the incentive for LG to fix them? Sure it must mean extra expenses to fix this color uniformity problem.

Who knows if this tinting business is going to contiue? Perhaps in 2018 or 2020 We will still have to make due with screens that have gross color uniformity errors because reviewers and calibrators are salivating and clapping for LG like seals?

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 12:10 PM.
post #1188 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Now it's a conspiracy just like the grassy knoll lol

I have found the review sites like CNET HD TV test UK Sound & Vision all to be pretty fair and if there's a fault they will mention it so I'm not sure where you're getting the the reviewers are dishonest from.

Gordon I've only been reading this thread a couple days and it's clear to me you have an agenda, now I believe you're exaggerating for effect
Dianabol5mg likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1189 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can't help to think that this big downside of OLEDs is being downplayed and covered up just so that it will not kill OLED TVs in the cradle. I still feel cheated though that this is not something that reviewers and calibrators are pushing LG to fix. Who knows if this tinting business is going to contiue? Perhaps in 2018 or 2020 We will still have to make due with screens that have gross color uniformity errors because reviewers and calibrators are salivating and clapping for LG like seals?
I will say the week of being without 9100, after having it for a week, was a sad one and I found myself really really missing it compared to going back to my LED.

That's why I gave it another shot, ended up cancelling my adorama order though once I had the chance to get a second hand one locally and look at it first
post #1190 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post
Wow what happened to your eg9100 that you dismantled it? Great to hear you have a 4K Oled on the way too, I don't get the part of trolling though, who are you speaking off?

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #1191 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Now it's a conspiracy just like the grassy knoll lol

I have found the review sites like CNET HD TV test UK Sound & Vision all to be pretty fair and if there's a fault they will mention it so I'm not sure where you're getting the the reviewers are dishonest from.

Gordon I've only been reading this thread a couple days and it's clear to me you have an agenda, now I believe you're exaggerating for effect
Let's put it this way:

Either this issue doesn't exist and all photos here are fake along with the ones I took today, or reviewers are downplaying the issue. It can't be both. So either reviewers and calibrators have an agenda or many of the posters here, including me, who have been talking about the tint, are in this big conspicary to not make people buy oled i suppose (?).

Yeah you can call it a conspiracy theory all you want but how about adressing the issue at hand? I showed a list of pictures from reviews, where the Oleds showed severe tint/color uniformity problems. This was not mentioned much in the reviews, if at all. Are you going to say that the cameras added the tint in these reviews? Are you going to say that countless posters here as well as on other forums are not really seeing any uniformity issues, they are just dreaming? And is it just by accident that these uniformity issues owners have been writing about, and switched their sets here 3-4 times for, just happen to correspond with the pictures of tinted screens from the reviews?

Really, I stopped taking you seriously when you thought tint could be calibrated away anyway, lol

Btw, funny you mention CNET.

In this CNET review you can clearly see severe green and purple tint on the LC9300, still nothing is mentioned in the review. It's still called "The best picture ever".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeyH...etailpage#t=92

@ 1:34 you see the green and purple discoloration. That cannot be calibrated away. That will show up in content, it DOES show up on the buildings and other bright things in the review.

And no, for god's sake, don't tell me it's the camera adding the tint. Do you think "the best image quality ever" should have these faults? So who's being dishonest here, me or the reviewer?

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 03:01 PM.
post #1192 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 03:00 PM

Well I certainly am a DIY calibrator for about 6 years I've calibrated plasmas LEDs and I know about a lot about calibration. Not comparing nknowledge levels because you obviously don't know what you're talking about if you think that that the issue would be fixed with the color control which is a chroma control its a white balance issue or some other defect in the TV which I will acknowledge there are probably some bad panels out there.

What I object to is your characterization that every single panel has that issue and anybody that doesn't have that issue is either ignorant or they're not picky enough to notice it. I am a very picky person when it comes to picture quality I've owned several flagship plasmas including the VT 60 and I know a good picture when I see it an issue like that would be glaring to me and unacceptable I'm really sorry for your personal troubles with the set but that has nothing to do with me and many other users experiences.

I personally think you're taking all this a little bit too seriously get out and enjoy life there are things a lot more important than a TV. We will just agree to disagree and I'll ignore your posts going forward have a good day.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1193 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 03:05 PM

I understand that you cannot explain this and choose to ignore my posts instead, I mean what could you say, that the cameras in the reviews add the tint? That the posters on this forum are in a big conspiracy to complain about the same tint seen in those reviews, that the reviewers don't mention?

My problem is that reviewers don't bring this up at all, and I still haven't got an answer from you or anyone else if it is reasonable that they review units with these kinds of errors, clearly visible in pictures and videos from said reviews, and then still hail them as the best televisions ever.

I find that problematic, and it is not good for us as customers if the bar is lowered so much that LG and other companies can get away with severe problems on their units. That's really what bugs me And I would still say that perhaps 85% of panels are affected by tint, as I have never seen a white picture in person that would be acceptable uniformity, I have seen perhaps one or two on the forums that were pretty good. The majority had this tint. So that this is not brought up in reviews is really detriment to us, who knows if you want to buy a new Oled in a few years, do you want to buy one with these issues, and have to exchange it 3-4 times to get an acceptable one? But it's cool, you're happy with yours. Some people will never see these uniformity issues, just like some people are perfectly happy with LED sets and Mp3 players.

Oh by the way, I never said the issue could be calibrated away, I said the opposite. You said the TVs in the store I showed pictures from where not calibrated, that's why I brought that up.

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 03:21 PM.
post #1194 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 03:39 PM

I have no explanation for it and in fact I don't believe it to be true. Again you're entitled to your opinion just like I am I have nothing more to say to you about this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1195 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 03:41 PM

What is not true? Is is not true that the reviewers TVs are tinted? Is the camera adding the tint? Or is it not true that they don't bring this up as a con? Then give me one review that brings this tint/color uniformity problem up as a con. ONE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cnet review.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1248721  

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 03:46 PM.
post #1196 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:19 PM

What is the concensus on motion settings ? Seems to br an evenly divided camp between tru motion off and custom settings of 9 and 2 or 10 and 2 ?

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A

Last edited by chunon; 02-12-2016 at 04:56 PM.
post #1197 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 296
If anyone wants to be in awe of this tv, instead of dwelling on subjective problems/defects, I'd recommend you watch the 2005 movie, Sin City! The contrast ratios of the 9100 in this mainly 2-color (with infinite shading) movie will blow you away! You'll have a true appreciation for your 9100 and its abilities unlike any other past tv. The movie is not recommended for younger viewing audiences.

Last edited by DanF8500; 02-12-2016 at 04:40 PM.
post #1198 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:35 PM

Dan,

I've actually never seen that, thanks for the recommendation

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1199 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
If anyone wants to be in awe of this tv, instead of dwelling on subjective problems/defects, I'd recommend you watch the 2005 movie, Sin City! The contrast ratios of the 9100 in this mainly 2-color (with infinite shading) movie will blow you away! You'll have a true appreciation for your 9100 and its abilities unlike any other past tv. The movie is not recommended for younger viewing audiences.
"Subjective problems" lol. Seen any of the pictures in this thread? Yeah the cameras are adding the tint, yeah everyone who sees it in viewing is lying, and so forth.

No, these are not "subjective problems" they are faults afflicting a majority of 910V sets. I picked 4 randomly today and all had it. I've tested four of these at home and all had it. Just look at this thread. This is a well documented issue.

I'm a bit scared to watch anything black and white on my 9100, and I would be if I had one of the 4 stores demos I uploaded pictures of today Kill Bill B&W scenes as well as Dr Strangelove looks like a complete mess with all that red, but I might give Sin City a shot before I return mine

By the way anyone who denies this issue, can you please post a picture of a white screen? You can use the white balance setting and choose "Pattern:inner". It would also be great if you could post something from a black and white movie. Of course with a lot of whites and greys, like a sky or faces. It would be fitting with all this talk about subjectivity and issues being blown out of proportion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cnet review.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1248777   Click image for larger version

Name:	new04.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	1248785   Click image for larger version

Name:	new001.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1248793   Click image for larger version

Name:	new0.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1248801   Click image for larger version

Name:	t_store1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1248809  

Name:	mytint01.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1248817  

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 05:00 PM.
post #1200 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:48 PM

Thank goodness for the ignore feature, I suggest that anyone that is tired of this relentless drum beating should take advantage of the functionality.

On another notes one interesting tidbit from my calibration, my panel did not suffer from the magenta or cyan issue where darker shades tend to pull towards green(common on the EG9600 models). Chad mentioned he was pleased not to see that. Hopefully that characteristic is present consistently on most 9100 panels.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A

Last edited by chunon; 02-12-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
2015 - 2016 lg 55eg9100 "full" 1080p hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page