Official 2015-2016 LG 55EG9100 OLED "full" 1080p HDTV. - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 716Likes

post #1201 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
"Subjective problems" lol. Seen any of the pictures in this thread? Yeah the cameras are adding the tint, yeah everyone who sees it in viewing is lying, and so forth.
You're misinformed. Cameras add major tint to photos, especially when taken of a tv screen. I just took a picture of my 9100 settings menu (exactly like the pic/link you provided above), and in no way was the color the same on the photo as it looked to my eye on the 9100 display...the difference wasn't even small....the photo I took created a very drab, tinted look in the pulldown setting menu, while what I was seeing on the screen was a much nicer, tint free settings menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
You're misinformed. Cameras add major tint to photos, especially when taken of a tv screen. I just took a picture of my 9100 settings menu (exactly like the pic/link you provided above), and in no way was the color the same on the photo as it looked to my eye on the 9100 display...the difference wasn't even small....the photo I took created a very drab, tinted look in the pulldown setting menu, while what I was seeing on the screen was a much nicer, tint free settings menu.
I'm not talking about the overall color or temperture of the menu or a white screen. I'm talking about unevenness. About colors shifting across the panel. A camera doesn't add that. A camera does not add green to the left and red to the right. Yeah sure, it can change the color temperature (if it has been setup that way) but not add uniformity problems.

As I said numeous times, the photos I've shown here I have taken IN PERSON. I was there, I saw the tint first and then took the pictures of the TVs in the store. Also, why would people in this thread and on other forums be bothered by the tint if it was just added by their cameras? Do they watch the TV through the camera or what?

Also, how do you explain the difference between my old plasma and the Oled in the pictures below? Taken with the same camera.. Poor LG, evil camera only adds tints to their TV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pl12.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1248841   Click image for larger version

Name:	bill02.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1248857  

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.
post #1203 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

....how do you explain the difference between my old plasma and the Oled in the pictures below? Taken with the same camera.. Poor LG, evil camera only adds tints to their TV
There is no explanation....just like you can't explain why the pic I took of my tv looks nothing even close to how the screen looked to my eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1204 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
There is no explanation....just like you can't explain why the pic I took of my tv looks nothing even close to how the screen looked to my eyes.

My old plasma has a pretty uniform picture. I take a picture of a black and white scene and it looks uniform on the pictures.

On my LG I can clearly see that the left is tinted towards green, and the right side is tinted towards red. I take a picture and it looks pretty much as I percieve it in real life.

You can compare it in the pictures in my post.

Then I walk to a store. In the store they have 2 different LG 55EG910V's. I look at them. In my eyes they are red at one side. I take pictures. The pictures look like what I saw. The pictures would be useless if they didn't. I go to another store. I see another 910V. It looks red to my eyes on one side. I take out my camera and take a picture. On the picture, just as before, it pretty much looks like it does when I look at it with my eyes.

My eyes are hopefully not adding uniformity problems either. I would be really strange if my eyes added uniformity problems to OLEDs but not to old plasmas. Same thing with my camera. It does not select to add uniformity issues to some TVs but not to others.

Also I do not watch TV through my camera. The tint looks pretty much the same through my camera as it does through my eyes.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	95
ID:	1248873   Click image for larger version

Name:	pl12.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1248881  
post #1205 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Gordon, your mind is now programmed to look for flaws in tinting on these OLEDS, which you will never grow to accept ...that's unfortunate. That is a problem for "you". Not for anyone else. On account of this, your conclusions cannot be taken seriously because you're seeding your own tests with pre-bias. You're telling all current/prospective customers that "you" can't live with this tv because of this issue, and you're dumbfounded how anyone else who currently owns this tv can live with these issues either. Here's an analogy: take a large, sliding glass window that has water spots on it...how many water spots on that window would be acceptable to you before you had to clean it? I have hundreds of water spots on my window, and it doesn't bother me. You might feel very uncomfortable with just a few water spots...I don't know...your criteria for "acceptance" is waay more critical than someone else's acceptance criteria.

I'm not here to tell you that I don't believe what you're seeing, but I want to tell you what "I" see on my 9100 display is well within my acceptance criteria. I'm thoroughly enjoying my 9100!!! Best TV I have ever owned! And since I got it for free, I feel very blessed to have this in my living room right now!
rick_q, chunon and Dianabol5mg like this.

Last edited by DanF8500; 02-12-2016 at 06:00 PM.
post #1206 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Complaining about the Vignetteting and tinting on an OLED TV is like complaining about light black levels, Motion blur and poor off axis viewing angles on an LCD. It's the nature of the technology as it stands right now. Take it or leave it.
Steff3 and DanF8500 like this.
post #1207 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_q View Post
Complaining about the Vignetteting and tinting on an OLED TV is like complaining about light black levels, Motion blur and poor off axis viewing angles on an LCD. It's the nature of the technology as it stands right now. Take it or leave it.
I wonder if LG will have any incentive to fix these issues though. They still get great reviews and most users seem fine with the tinting problems so why should they really spend resources at fixing it? People still buy and enjoy LED TVs despite the clouding (most will not notice it anyway) and same thing is true with the tint. I can spot it with any 910V i have seen so far in person, and to me it is very obvious. It looks exactly like the pictures I have provided - a section of the screen is red in brighter images. I have documented this but I'm getting the feeling now that it is part of OLED tech and that people are generally happy about it. I've seen it on the 4 Oleds I tried at home and I can see on any Oled I see in a store. Some are worse than others though, and the 910V seems to be worse when it comes to red tint on one side.

What I'm interested in is if there ARE clean panels out there without this problem, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. No pictures of white screens or pictures from black & white content wihout the same issue. It seems to be more of a question of "how bothered are you by the tint".

You're saying that my pre-bias is causing me to see this, but the pictures I have taken don't lie. I have included photos of other TVs taken with the same camera that doesn't show this fault, but you still claim that somehow my bias is causing my camera to add uniformity problems and tint, but only to the OLED TVs. Nevermind...

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 07:15 PM.
post #1208 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
I wonder if LG will have any incentive to fix these issues though. They still get great reviews and most users seem fine with the tinting problems so why should they really spend resources at fixing it? People still buy and enjoy LED TVs despite the clouding (most will not notice it anyway) and same thing is true with the tint. I can spot it with any 910V i have seen so far in person, and to me it is very obvious. It looks exactly like the pictures I have provided - a section of the screen is red in brighter images. I have documented this but I'm getting the feeling now that it is part of OLED tech and that people are generally happy about it. I've seen it on the 4 Oleds I tried at home and I can see on any Oled I see in a store. Some are worse than others though, and the 910V seems to be worse when it comes to red tint on one side.

What I'm interested in is if there ARE clean panels out there without this problem, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. No pictures of white screens or pictures from black & white content wihout the same issue. It seems to be more of a question of "how bothered are you by the tint".

You're saying that my pre-bias is causing me to see this, but the pictures I have taken don't lie. I have included photos of other TVs taken with the same camera that doesn't show this fault, but you still claim that somehow my bias is causing my camera to add uniformity problems and tint, but only to the OLED TVs. Nevermind...
Please reread my post again. It is the nature of the technology at the moment. LCD technology has been around for many years and the three problems I mentioned which were light black levels, motion blur and poor off-axis viewing angles have never been solved. If one part was solved then there was a trade off. For example an IPS LCD panel has great off-axis viewing angles but very poor black levels. A VA panel has great black levels but very poor off-axis viewing angles. Right now no one knows if those OLED TV problems everyone is finding are even solvable. Perhaps over time. Perhaps never.

It sounds like you're looking for the perfect display. If you find it let us know because we all will be interested.
post #1209 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It seems to be more of a question of "how bothered are you by the tint".

You really want to love this tv, but your pre-bias and oversensitivity to the issues you see are holding you back. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I don't think you should be trying to persuade others to feel the way you do.....to sympathize with you. You've made your point a few hundred times on this tinting issue. It's like Rick_q stated above, love it or say sayonara.
post #1210 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
You really want to love this tv, but your pre-bias and oversensitivity to the issues you see are holding you back. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place, and I don't think you should be trying to persuade others to feel the way you do.....to sympathize with you. You've made your point a few hundred times on this tinting issue. It's like Rick_q stated above, love it or say sayonara.

"but your pre-bias and oversensitivity to the issues you see are holding you back."

Oversensitivity to issues?

Your unwillingness to even look at the pictures I'm posting is making this discussion useless If you cannot see that something is wrong in the picture below I don't understand what you are even doing on this forum, frankly. You are able to see green and red right?

I have posted a reference picture of a clean white backdrop on my plasma TV taken with the same camera, so what you are seeing in this picture is exactly how it looks to me in real life. I have seen this on my TV and now on at least 6 others in stores. Half the screen is red and that is a little flaw? Haha..

Rick_q, no one here is asking for the perfect TV. I get that it doesn't exist, but red and green tint across the screen is not an imperfection, it is not a flaw, it is a major error. Seriously, why pour money into calibration if the screen tints the whites to red and green? I will not be able to achieve true whites on this screen, and if I calibrate the green side the red side will lack green even more and vice versa. Tell me how I am supposed to calibrate a TV with a red side and a green side. I'm all ears. This is just absurd that this is looked upon a minor error.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	116
ID:	1249137  

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-12-2016 at 09:01 PM.
post #1211 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone here get one through the most recent Adorama eBay deal? If so what manufacture date did you get?
post #1212 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Adorama eBay deal is live again it seems for people who have been waiting for it
post #1213 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
Wow what happened to your eg9100 that you dismantled it? Great to hear you have a 4K Oled on the way too, I don't get the part of trolling though, who are you speaking off?
The pics are about 4 or 5 pages back. It was smashed by a Ball canning jar. Dont ask me how it happened I removed the innards just in case I got another. Very easy to take out and replace if they are needed. I had a little extra money so I wanted to try the 9600. Its supposed to be here next Friday.

I think the troll is easy to spot. Good ole GordonFreeman responded to my post and I didnt even have to mention his name. He reminds me of that guy VegasOLED who would make up other names/accounts just so he could have someone who agreed with everything he said. If you dont like the tv, leave the thread so others can share settings and pics and actually enjoy coming here. You got a bad panel, you've said your peace, now exit stage door left. The 9100 is the best 1080p television in the world for $1400. There isnt a flaw in the television that can negate what ive just said.

Sony 65A1E
LG 65EF9500
LG 55EG9100
Samsung 60F8500
LG UP870 Multi-Region
post #1214 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post
The pics are about 4 or 5 pages back. It was smashed by a Ball canning jar. Dont ask me how it happened I removed the innards just in case I got another. Very easy to take out and replace if they are needed. I had a little extra money so I wanted to try the 9600. Its supposed to be here next Friday.

I think the troll is easy to spot. Good ole GordonFreeman responded to my post and I didnt even have to mention his name. He reminds me of that guy VegasOLED who would make up other names/accounts just so he could have someone who agreed with everything he said. If you dont like the tv, leave the thread so others can share settings and pics and actually enjoy coming here. You got a bad panel, you've said your peace, now exit stage door left. The 9100 is the best 1080p television in the world for $1400. There isnt a flaw in the television that can negate what ive just said.

What a shame about your broken tv. I agree for the picture and price of the eg9100 has, it's outstanding. Yeah there are quite a few Jabronis in this forum that do just that.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #1215 of 3621 Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What is not true? Is is not true that the reviewers TVs are tinted? Is the camera adding the tint? Or is it not true that they don't bring this up as a con? Then give me one review that brings this tint/color uniformity problem up as a con. ONE.
Maybe they don't talk about tint because it does vary panel to panel, and since they're just reviewing one sample they can't rifle through replacements to determine how common it is across the board on individual models,

Just to attempt to validate this being luck of the draw, here is my 9300 that I am extremely satisfied with and doesn't look like that settings pic you attached, the pic also doesn't look like it does to my eye, since i'm on warm2 white balance it looks even warmer but more uniform than this pic too, but point being it looks different

and its probably against forum rules to post this alternate forum but if you google "oled tint" and look at the first search result, its a chain of posts of messed up looking 930v's on a similar forum (hint, a and v are in the name as well) so it really is luck of the draw, I saw someone post a perfect looking 9100 in another thread on that same forum

some b&w kill bill vol 1 shots, if there's anything wrong with my set couldn't care less looks amazing to my eyes, the pics all do look different than in person of course i should mention once more but i think people know that from experience, but my 6s+ camera isn't picking up on anything obviously "off" or jarring for my viewing. going a week and a half strong now of on cloud 9

(left side isn't heavy vignetting either, as you might think. its some of the fighters coming into the screen, its a really fast paced scene i un-paused)

Last edited by thadoggfather; 02-13-2016 at 12:22 AM.
post #1216 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

Correction, I got 4 bad panels and saw 4 in the store that was just as bad. You can clearly see this in the pictures I have posted.

I have thought this through and gathered proof. I have taken reference photos of other TVs and then made random selections of store demos, as well as links to pictures from reviews that clearly show it as well. I have not heard one solid argument why this proof is invalid, blaming the camera just doesn't work when there is reference pictures of other TVs not showing these problems. I would LOVE it to be that way though, cause I love so many things about my 9100 but the discoloration is ruining many scenes. To be honest, if someone would say "I will sell you this set without tint, but it will only last two years" I would have bought it without hesistation, so you are correct that this is a love/hate relationship.

None of my detractors have so far been able to explain my pictures from the stores, which prove that this is a common defect and that I could swich 3-4 times and still get this fault (as people have done in this thread and in the 930V thread if you care to do some research). If you would acknowledge that this is a problem with what seems to be majority of sets, this discussion could move forward and LG would have an incentive to fix this problem. Now I can't help but to think that users accusing other user's criticism of being "trolling" is part of the problem and one of the reason this isn't going to be fixed soon.

I know I'm not making myself popular here because I point out these things, but all I want is for these issues to be fixed. I can return mine for sure, but from what I've seen it is likely I will get the same issue with the new set because it can be seen in the reviews and in random 910Vs i have seen in stores. To be honest I'm not that picky but this discoloration is very obvious. I've been happy for years with the old Samsung Ps51d550. Not a perfect set by any means, but the flaws are mostly performance related, such as not a very good black level and contrast. There is nothing wrong with it, like color tinting or uniformity errors. I am not demanding the perfect set, just one without discolorations visible in normal content.

It's nothing personal against any of you users here, and I respect your opinions and conclusions more than most reviewers, but that is another discussion.

For comparsion with the doggfathers set, which I think is very good, here is my picture from the same scene
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kbshoe.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1249457   Click image for larger version

Name:	kb_slaugh.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1249481  

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 02-13-2016 at 06:01 AM.
post #1217 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

i still wouldn't let this discourage me from giving the adorama deal a try, if i were still in the market

especially since lg will refund you if you aren't happy with your panel supposedly

i never even though i'd own an LG set, since normally I'm a samsung person (for lcd/led) or would be sony if not for the elevated pricing, but i know sony makes nice ones too

OLED swept me by storm

Last edited by thadoggfather; 02-13-2016 at 07:07 AM.
post #1218 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
i still wouldn't let this discourage me from giving the adorama deal a try, if i were still in the market

especially since lg will refund you if you aren't happy with your panel supposedly
It shouldnt discourage anyone because it is a bunch of bs perpetrated by someone with way too much time on their hands. All this should really be taken to a seperate thread so those of us that want to enjoy our sets can do it without having to sift through page after page of kill bill screenshots. One of the most riduculous things I have seen in my entire time at AVS.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
post #1219 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

I think he should return his set while he can, since its cause of concern. When it bothered me on my 9100, i returned it.( and taking it to another thread probably is a good idea)

but then i came full circle and realized a living room going back to led after getting cozy with oled for a week, just wasn't an option.

and even my LED has a bit of a different tint across the screen, and some banding as well, and one area that looks a lot darker, but I've been happy as heck with it and barring any jarring issues, i don't care with this set either

so glad LG makes an OLED model period let alone one that some consumers can grapple with on pricing ((9300/9100)) relative to the gains over that surplus of 4k led's floating around

Last edited by thadoggfather; 02-13-2016 at 07:22 AM.
post #1220 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 08:29 AM

The fact the set has not been returned and no contact has been made with LG speaks volumes. It seems it's all about the complaining and wanting attention.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1221 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
"but your pre-bias and oversensitivity to the issues you see are holding you back."

Oversensitivity to issues?

Your unwillingness to even look at the pictures I'm posting is making this discussion useless If you cannot see that something is wrong in the picture below I don't understand what you are even doing on this forum, frankly. You are able to see green and red right?

I have posted a reference picture of a clean white backdrop on my plasma TV taken with the same camera, so what you are seeing in this picture is exactly how it looks to me in real life. I have seen this on my TV and now on at least 6 others in stores.
What are your goals now on "this" forum, Gordon? This issue has been dragging on long enough. It's time to finally do something resourceful/beneficial. Your goals to persuade prospective 9100 owners from buying this tv because of "your" sensitivities to screen uniformity have not been answered. Your goals to make current 9100 owners feel less than fully satisfied with their purchases by your constant announcements of what you have termed "a major error" have failed miserably. You may not think you're doing the slightest disservice to this forum, but you are continually disrupting the flow of this thread. Speaking on behalf of the current 9100 owners, your incessant announcements about conditions/flaws(now termed "major error") in the 9100's display, without having any way to remedy the situation is useless/waste of time. All you can be contributing now toward is making current and new owners feel less than fully satisfied about their purchases(i.e. buyer's remorse).

I've seen your attached photos...all 500 of them mostly black/white photos. They elicit a very benign reaction to my level of dissatisfaction of a tv. I must not be seeing what you're seeing or be as sensitive to it as you are. I had more noticeable pinkish-horizontal banding on my last flagship plasma tv than anything I can strain to make out on my current 9100.

Let's look at this from a different perspective (not thru pictures)....This tv is selling out online like hot cakes whenever there's a sale on it, and it has an inherent "major error" in the display that cannot be remedied? Those two conditions can't be mutually inclusive. Even though thousands of 9100 owners have spent $1500-$2K for this tv already, is it your goal on this forum to repeatedly persuade us to join Team Gordon, create a feeling of buyer's remorse, while helping you feel a little less alienated about this issue? What are your goals? If you want LG to do something, tell them, not the LG OLED owners who have already committed to this extraordinary tv! I've got about 160 hrs on my 9100, and tinting hasn't affected me in the least bit. I watch a mix of sports, live news, reality tv, science, documentaries, etc....I envision this tv to be my last non-4K tv purchase.

The only issue that bugs me somewhat is the lag/delay while operating the settings menus. Moving in and out of the menus shouldn't be laggy. It's laggy on the 9100....my F8500 plasma menus weren't this laggy. But, it's certainly far from a deal breaker for me. The beautiful picture more than offsets this inconvenience.
Mikef5, Steff3 and chunon like this.
post #1222 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Jumped on the deal - replacing Panny UT50

So I have a Best Buy a block from my house and thought maybe I could get them to pricematch the current ebay deal. I was shocked when they did so I had to do it.

Im a little anxious - I have a panny UT50 (which I better sell) - hoping this will be an upgrade in PQ.

Any former plasma owners happy with their OLED leap? Thanks

Some guy
post #1223 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo123 View Post
So I have a Best Buy a block from my house and thought maybe I could get them to pricematch the current ebay deal. I was shocked when they did so I had to do it.

Im a little anxious - I have a panny UT50 (which I better sell) - hoping this will be an upgrade in PQ.

Congrats on getting a great deal i am a former Panasonic and Samsung flagship owner. VT60 and F8500, i think you will be very pleased. The blacks and contrast ratio are unrivaled imo!
Steff3 and Dianabol5mg like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1224 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm having trouble with HDMI-CEC ("Simplink") on my LG 55EG9100. I have the TV connected to my Denon Receiver (Denon AVR-X2100w) and Power-On/Power Off, Volume Control, etc all work fine. But the challenge is that the TV Keeps trying to change my input on the reciever, and it's driving me crazy.

Problem Use Case #1:

1) Watching something via the receiver using it's "CBL/SAT HDMI" input
2) Use the LG Smart TV to Watch Netflix
3) Exit LG Smart TV
4) LG TV Changes Reciever Input to "Media Player" (Expected would be to return to "CBL/SAT" Input)

Problem Use Case #2:

1) Turn off-tv / reciever when previous input was "CBL/SAT"
2) Turn on tv/ receiver, input is changed to "Media Player"

I don't really understand how to fix this.. there seems to be no option to correct. I know the other option is to not use CEC/ARC; but I like the ARC function for SMart TV and the fact I can control the receiver volume with my LG Remote. Is there any way to correct??
post #1225 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Congrats on getting a great deal i am a former Panasonic and Samsung flagship owner. VT60 and F8500, i think you will be very pleased. The blacks and contrast ratio are unrivaled imo!
Thanks. Good to hear. I always loved the F8500 picture. Hows the 3d on this set? (I know its only 720p 3d)

Some guy
post #1226 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Good to hear. I always loved the F8500 picture. Hows the 3d on this set? (I know its only 720p 3d)
Havent checked out 3d but I am sure someone can weigh in on that.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
post #1227 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The 3D on this set is the best I've ever seen! By a longshot! You will enjoy it!!!
post #1228 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oderr View Post
I'm having trouble with HDMI-CEC ("Simplink") on my LG 55EG9100. I have the TV connected to my Denon Receiver (Denon AVR-X2100w) and Power-On/Power Off, Volume Control, etc all work fine. But the challenge is that the TV Keeps trying to change my input on the reciever, and it's driving me crazy.

I don't really understand how to fix this.. there seems to be no option to correct. I know the other option is to not use CEC/ARC; but I like the ARC function for SMart TV and the fact I can control the receiver volume with my LG Remote. Is there any way to correct??
I'm a little confused by your post...How is your 9100 tv controlling your Receiver's inputs?
post #1229 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Great deal! That is awesome, I guess you never know what they will match unless you ask! Ordered mine from the eBay deal last night.
post #1230 of 3621 Old 02-13-2016, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I'm a little confused by your post...How is your 9100 tv controlling your Receiver's inputs?
I'd like to understand the same thing. I don't want it to modify the inputs, but it decides to do it on it's own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
2015 - 2016 lg 55eg9100 "full" 1080p hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page