LG 55EF9500 and 65EF9500 OLED Owners Thread - Page 678 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36645Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #20311 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
dcbii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcup View Post
Turning Deep Color ON in Samsung's Blu Ray Player forces it to output 12bit - so don't use it. It's a legacy deep color setting for certain old blu rays that used it.
Just use the HDMI Ultra Deep Color setting on the TV.
I just leave it off, even on the TV. Turning it on caused some devices (even with the same cables) to not sync correctly with the TV. My Oppo BDP-103 could sync no problem, but my FireTV (version 1) didn't. I don't remember what happened with each device, but some were fine, some never worked, and some worked intermittently (I think this was the Apple TV version 3). Any of the non-working devices could be run through the BDP-103 using its HDMI inputs, and then no issues. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Turning it off on the TV allows all devices to work fine.

Dave Barnhart

Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-83, Denon X4200W, Denon X8500H, LG 55EF9500, NVidia Shield TV, Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra, RSL speakers, all Monoprice Premium Certified HDMI cables
dcbii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20312 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CBV5MGR

38 votes

18 Yes
20 No

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20313 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
rx74ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 49
near black banding

Guys, check out my near black banding on my 65EF9500. This is from "The Walk".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01526.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1461546   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01532.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1461554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG01533.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1461562  

Display: LG 65E6P, Speakers: 7.1, Polk Monitor 70 Biamped (R,L), Polk CS20 (Center), QPD (Rears), Yamaha (Woofer) Previous Displays: LG 65EF9500, VIZIO P702ui-B3, Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD, Sony XBR-65HX950, Toshiba 55SV670U, Mitsubishi WD-65734, Panasonic PT-47WX49
rx74ray is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20314 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx74ray View Post
Guys, check out my near black banding on my 65EF9500. This is from "The Walk".
That don't look good. Is it just that video or do you see it with other content? What are you tv settings?

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #20315 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Anyone experiment with other color temp settings?

I switched from the standard warm2 to warm1 and ice hockey looks better to me.
I think it's helping with some slight yellow staining I have on the left side of my screen. Normal setting helps even more!

Im going to do a full cal on both warm1 and normal and see how it comes in.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #20316 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I use Standard and set the color temp to 0 which is close to warm1. OLED=60, Contrast=100, Brightness=49. No individual setting is perfect on its own but gives best overall look with minimised uniformity issues. Depending on the content, cooler temp can make the picture look better. Sci-fi and older movies don't work with warm temp IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post
Anyone experiment with other color temp settings?

I switched from the standard warm2 to warm1 and ice hockey looks better to me.
I think it's helping with some slight yellow staining I have on the left side of my screen. Normal setting helps even more!

Im going to do a full cal on both warm1 and normal and see how it comes in.
ohnder is offline  
post #20317 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,313
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post
Anyone experiment with other color temp settings?

I switched from the standard warm2 to warm1 and ice hockey looks better to me.
I think it's helping with some slight yellow staining I have on the left side of my screen. Normal setting helps even more!

Im going to do a full cal on both warm1 and normal and see how it comes in.
If you calibrate to 6500k it will come out the same, you will just have to make larger greyscale adjustments to get there.

Warm1 and normal just make your whites bluer not more accurate.
Tomcup likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #20318 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,023
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6405 Post(s)
Liked: 6399
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I give it a week or two of usage, usually, and my tv boxes meet this:
I have a client moving, he wishes he had his box........
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #20319 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
If you calibrate to 6500k it will come out the same, you will just have to make larger greyscale adjustments to get there.

Warm1 and normal just make your whites bluer not more accurate.
Exactly. Hockey prob looks better because you are making the whites more blue. Everyone loves blue whites, were are programmed from birth with laundry detergent.
chunon likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20320 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Member
 
supersammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My new 65 9500 is delivered today. This is my first OLED TV. Man... it so nice. The serial num is 604 and manufactured on April 16. I am still going features, settings, apps, etc... One quick question I have is: Do Netflix and Amazon app support 4k HDR? And how do I know when 4k HDR is engaged? I did a quick look and Maco Polo in Netflix; Netflix didn't list as HDR while I am see it on my Sony 930C. Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supersammy is offline  
post #20321 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersammy View Post
My new 65 9500 is delivered today. This is my first OLED TV. Man... it so nice. The serial num is 604 and manufactured on April 16. I am still going features, settings, apps, etc... One quick question I have is: Do Netflix and Amazon app support 4k HDR? And how do I know when 4k HDR is engaged? I did a quick look and Maco Polo in Netflix; Netflix didn't list as HDR while I am see it on my Sony 930C. Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bro do a simple search both your questions have been answered extensively. Not trying to be a dick just saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dianebrat and supersammy like this.
Ajresendez is offline  
post #20322 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Member
 
supersammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajresendez View Post
Bro do a simple search both your questions have been answered extensively. Not trying to be a dick just saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


Fair enough!



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ajresendez likes this.
supersammy is offline  
post #20323 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,146
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
@sillysally

Do I need to change any settings in CalMAN or still leave it set to Video (16-235)?
Yes leave set to legal video level (16-235)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
I now understand using "madLevelsTweaker" to force Full Range RGB (0-255) thanks!.
But how do I set madTPG to output 16-235? When I open madTPG there is no options tab or settings. Do I have to set this through the CalMAN interface?
Look at the madTPG icon in your running apps section of your tool bar, the box all the way to the left.
Right click on the madTPG icon, click on the display that you are sending the patches to, click on preferences, you should now see what output madTPG is set on also you can change the output to 10 bits or higher if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Lastly, will doing these steps correctly bypass the need to change any of the Intel Graphics properties myself...madVR will take care of what it needs to behind the scenes basically?

Thanks!
Probably not, Calman should have someway of resetting your video card to Linear.
There is only one ICC profile you want to see and that is Rec709-HD for your graphics card.

ss

btw, don't turn on deep color when your are calibrating. Keep everything as basic as you can for now, that includes using RGB (16-235) for now.

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.

Last edited by sillysally; 05-26-2016 at 05:56 PM.
sillysally is offline  
post #20324 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnder View Post
I use Standard and set the color temp to 0 which is close to warm1. OLED=60, Contrast=100, Brightness=49. No individual setting is perfect on its own but gives best overall look with minimised uniformity issues. Depending on the content, cooler temp can make the picture look better. Sci-fi and older movies don't work with warm temp IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
If you calibrate to 6500k it will come out the same, you will just have to make larger greyscale adjustments to get there.

Warm1 and normal just make your whites bluer not more accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Exactly. Hockey prob looks better because you are making the whites more blue. Everyone loves blue whites, were are programmed from birth with laundry detergent.
Thanks guys.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #20325 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersammy View Post
My new 65 9500 is delivered today. This is my first OLED TV. Man... it so nice. The serial num is 604 and manufactured on April 16. I am still going features, settings, apps, etc... One quick question I have is: Do Netflix and Amazon app support 4k HDR? And how do I know when 4k HDR is engaged? I did a quick look and Maco Polo in Netflix; Netflix didn't list as HDR while I am see it on my Sony 930C. Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where did your order from?
mobilefan is offline  
post #20326 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Member
 
supersammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilefan View Post
Where did your order from?
Adorama.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
supersammy is offline  
post #20327 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: North East
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Dang! I stop following this thread for 3 weeks and now I have almost 200 pages to read to get caught up. Anyway, my layman's eyes are still Loving my 65ef9500. Several weeks ago I bought the Mad Max Blu-ray and it was Spectacular! I seem to remember there was some discussion amongst the experts here regarding the true colors of the fireworks, but I don't recall what they should've looked like.
I'm waiting for the Oppo player to come out since I remember some of you aren't happy with the Samsung. Is it out yet?
Moving on, I believe a few of you guys were having Chad B calibrate their OLEDs. Did it make a worthwhile difference? If so, please let me know, as I would like to get him next time he's in the NY area.
We'll, time to start reading... On second thought, maybe I'll wait for the long weekend and catch up while I have an 18 year Glenmorangie in my right hand...
Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone.
Gdaddy721 is offline  
post #20328 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,199
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2903 Post(s)
Liked: 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdaddy721 View Post
Dang! I stop following this thread for 3 weeks and now I have almost 200 pages to read to get caught up. Anyway, my layman's eyes are still Loving my 65ef9500. Several weeks ago I bought the Mad Max Blu-ray and it was Spectacular! I seem to remember there was some discussion amongst the experts here regarding the true colors of the fireworks, but I don't recall what they should've looked like.
I'm waiting for the Oppo player to come out since I remember some of you aren't happy with the Samsung. Is it out yet?
Moving on, I believe a few of you guys were having Chad B calibrate their OLEDs. Did it make a worthwhile difference? If so, please let me know, as I would like to get him next time he's in the NY area.
We'll, time to start reading... On second thought, maybe I'll wait for the long weekend and catch up while I have an 18 year Glenmorangie in my right hand...
Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone.
That's good to hear! As far as the sammy uhd player...I believe it's good especially for being the first one. At first I wasn't impressed with hdr...but then watching normal blu rays, I began to see the benefits.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #20329 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 10:38 PM
Member
 
navy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got my 65EF9500

Hi All.

I just received my new TV and am excited to get it up and running. I used to frequent this boards way back when I first got my Panasonic G10.


Is there one particular thread buried in here somewhere that would be a good jumping-off point as far as settings, calibration, things to watch out for, etc.?

Thanks!
navy21 is offline  
post #20330 of 24625 Old 05-26-2016, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,199
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2903 Post(s)
Liked: 3477
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy21 View Post
Hi All.

I just received my new TV and am excited to get it up and running. I used to frequent this boards way back when I first got my Panasonic G10.


Is there one particular thread buried in here somewhere that would be a good jumping-off point as far as settings, calibration, things to watch out for, etc.?

Thanks!
Congrats...as far as settings you can go to the first post...a lot of helpful tips their...enjoy the set!
Cam1977 is offline  
post #20331 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigCoolJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
Any word on upcoming UHD players by other brands? I know Panasonic has their own for the European markets. Didn't know if LG or Sony were planning on releasing one soon.
BigCoolJesus is offline  
post #20332 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Any word on upcoming UHD players by other brands? I know Panasonic has their own for the European markets. Didn't know if LG or Sony were planning on releasing one soon.
Panny looks like July/August here.

Oppo no word yet, I don't even think the beta units our out (waiting MediaTek chip IMO).

Sony will be after CES 2017 IMO.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20333 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BigCoolJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2092 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Panny looks like July/August here.

Oppo no word yet, I don't even think the beta units our out (waiting MediaTek chip IMO).

Sony will be after CES 2017 IMO.
Thanks. Are the Panny's just going to be the same ones already available in EU, just changed to Region A for us?

I'll be honest: still haven't touched any of my UHD Blurays yet...dang OCD won't let me til I finally calibrate. Which should be tomorrow now that my PC kinks are worked out.
BigCoolJesus is offline  
post #20334 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Thanks. Are the Panny's just going to be the same ones already available in EU, just changed to Region A for us?

I'll be honest: still haven't touched any of my UHD Blurays yet...dang OCD won't let me til I finally calibrate. Which should be tomorrow now that my PC kinks are worked out.
Yeah, should be a US version of the ones the EU has now.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20335 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston'ish
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post
Any word on upcoming UHD players by other brands? I know Panasonic has their own for the European markets. Didn't know if LG or Sony were planning on releasing one soon.
As much as I want the Panasonic they have worked hard to avoid the US market in the past few years so it may not make it.
There's a "Philips" that's a Funai under the skin
http://www.twice.com/news/blu-raydvd...y-player/61544
dianebrat is offline  
post #20336 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
As much as I want the Panasonic they have worked hard to avoid the US market in the past few years so it may not make it.
There's a "Philips" that's a Funai under the skin
http://www.twice.com/news/blu-raydvd...y-player/61544
It's already up for preorder from one retailer, it IS coming.

The Phillips is the same price as the Samsung, which is laughable. My advice is, if you haveto have one now, get the Samsung. If you can wait a few months and are willing to spend $300 more, get the Panny.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20337 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Boston'ish
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
It's already up for preorder from one retailer, it IS coming.

The Phillips is the same price as the Samsung, which is laughable. My advice is, if you haveto have one now, get the Samsung. If you can wait a few months and are willing to spend $300 more, get the Panny.
As far as the Panny, I trust no one until the actual release date comes from them, anyone can take pre-orders, that doesn't always mean it will ship.
I agree on the Philips/Funai product, but MSRP isn't always what we wind up buying consumer electronics for
Carter D likes this.
dianebrat is offline  
post #20338 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
As far as the Panny, I trust no one until the actual release date comes from them, anyone can take pre-orders, that doesn't always mean it will ship.
I agree on the Philips/Funai product, but MSRP isn't always what we wind up buying consumer electronics for
I would normally agree on preorders, but the person that has it up is an auth retailer for Panasonic and will have one for the yearly shootout. I think this is 100% at this point that we will get the Panny in the US. I was starting to lose hope, panny players were always my favorite.

Maybe @Cleveland Plasma can confirm once they have news.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #20339 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi,

Does anyone knows if the Youtube app of the TV plays 4k videos in REAL 4k?
I haven't found a setting for this in the app.

Thanks a lot in advance

- ThyMaster
ThyMaster is offline  
post #20340 of 24625 Old 05-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has any of you had LG come out and check your TV using a USB drive to run test videos? Lg came out and took pics of my 3% to 5% slides which show vignetting. Now they are coming out again with a USB drive of their test videos and pics. If any of you had this happen tell me how you came out.
kansas_steve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
robert macintyre 855-400-4640

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off